Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
spurs sack manager 19:42 - Nov 19 with 8488 viewsenfieldargh

Hopefully a backwards step

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

spurs sack manager on 00:03 - Nov 20 with 1858 viewsdaveB

Sky saying the job is Mourinios to turn down, absolutely crazy
spurs sack manager on 00:04 - Nov 20 with 1858 viewsrsonist

spurs sack manager on 22:13 - Nov 19 by paulparker

Levy is an idiot
This bloke has had about 4 transfer windows without signing anyone he has got spurs to the champions league final , has had to play at Wembley for 2 seasons
He hasn’t had the backing at all to do things his way which he deserved

And all that idiot has to show for it is a legacy of over a billion pounds worth of world-class stadium and training ground, financed under their own steam.

In normal circumstances, yeah Poch did "deserve" to revamp the squad how he saw fit, probably a year, even two years ago. But that simply wasn't possible and now unfortunately everyone's just too fed up with each other to carry on. It's relegation form now. Fergie wouldn't have lasted six years anywhere without clearing the decks either.

We're pretending a dicey £150m on Aurier Moura Foyth Sissoko Llorente Janssen etc didn't happen of course. Another factor is that in years gone by Levy would have been able to extract maximum fees for this summer's wantaway players too, but now the players and the market has wised up to letting contracts run out.
spurs sack manager on 00:12 - Nov 20 with 1840 viewsToast_R

Mourinho would no doubt get them a much sought after piece of silverware. Even at Man Utd he won an FA Cup, A League Cup and a UEFA Cup.
spurs sack manager on 00:43 - Nov 20 with 1825 viewsrsonist

spurs sack manager on 00:12 - Nov 20 by Toast_R

Mourinho would no doubt get them a much sought after piece of silverware. Even at Man Utd he won an FA Cup, A League Cup and a UEFA Cup.

I'll be shocked to see it happen but there is something intriguing about the prospect of that Spurs squad under Mourinho. Yesterday's man he may be but they're far more like the Chelsea and Inter sides he took on than the Hollywood clubs after that that so soured him.
spurs sack manager on 06:43 - Nov 20 with 1735 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

spurs sack manager on 20:53 - Nov 19 by rsonist

Good managers go stale, and good clubs always try and progress. Any other argument boils down to "who do you think you are, a big club?".

Well, proof is in the pudding I guess.

They have just appointed The Special One, so we’ll see.

My bet is on a decline in fortunes but that’s just me.

https://www.skysports.com/share/11865330
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 6:44]
spurs sack manager on 07:44 - Nov 20 with 1665 viewspaulparker

spurs sack manager on 06:43 - Nov 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well, proof is in the pudding I guess.

They have just appointed The Special One, so we’ll see.

My bet is on a decline in fortunes but that’s just me.

https://www.skysports.com/share/11865330
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 6:44]

I agree It’s got AVB written all over it
Jose needs millions to spend never plays youth and the football is turgid
This is not going to end well

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

spurs sack manager on 07:46 - Nov 20 with 1659 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

spurs sack manager on 07:44 - Nov 20 by paulparker

I agree It’s got AVB written all over it
Jose needs millions to spend never plays youth and the football is turgid
This is not going to end well

Exactly.

Spurs have built success from churning out a young players and then filling in the gaps with well scouted talent.

Not Mourinho’a style is it?
spurs sack manager on 08:20 - Nov 20 with 1600 viewsCiderwithRsie

spurs sack manager on 22:14 - Nov 19 by Rangersw12

Really hope they go for Eddie Howe deserves a chance at a high profile club

I really hoped they go for Ernie Howe.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 8:21]
Login to get fewer ads

spurs sack manager on 08:34 - Nov 20 with 1556 viewsTheChef

The Premier League TV show needs one of its main characters front and centre again. Of course all this makes no sense but they need to pump the numbers since people realise the product is increasingly crap.

I don't know what is more of farce these days, football or politics.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

spurs sack manager on 08:57 - Nov 20 with 1498 viewsJuzzie

Spurs have played good football but won nothing.

Mourhino plays anti-football but wins things.

We’re constantly told it’s a results business so results will top entertainment every time.

Modern football is rubbish.
spurs sack manager on 09:03 - Nov 20 with 1481 viewsMick_S

I agree with this - we have another season listening to the me,me,me pre and post match drivel. Great.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

spurs sack manager on 09:09 - Nov 20 with 1460 viewsTheChef

spurs sack manager on 09:03 - Nov 20 by Mick_S

I agree with this - we have another season listening to the me,me,me pre and post match drivel. Great.

Yeah Sky Sports love it, the schlaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggsssssssssssssss.

[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 9:10]

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

spurs sack manager on 09:10 - Nov 20 with 1442 views2Thomas2Bowles

When spurs bottled it when head to head with Leicester you had to wonder if MP was really a great manager that could win under pressure, have they finished above Arsenal while he was the manager?

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

spurs sack manager on 09:19 - Nov 20 with 1423 viewsKonk

My Brother, who is a season-ticket holder, reckons this is a pretty spot-on piece.

https://www.spurs-web.com/tottenham-hotspur-fan-articles/opinion-the-legacy-of-p

He’s gutted, but not surprised to see him go; similar to how I felt when we sacked Jokanovic. He’s also always loathed Mourinho, so he’s not too happy this morning.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

spurs sack manager on 09:19 - Nov 20 with 1422 viewsstowmarketrange

spurs sack manager on 09:10 - Nov 20 by 2Thomas2Bowles

When spurs bottled it when head to head with Leicester you had to wonder if MP was really a great manager that could win under pressure, have they finished above Arsenal while he was the manager?

Yes last season.
spurs sack manager on 09:22 - Nov 20 with 1408 viewsCamberleyR

Yes, for the three successive seasons after the one you just mentioned...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

spurs sack manager on 09:23 - Nov 20 with 1400 viewsfrancisbowles

This is Arsenal's third consecutive season of europa league. Tottenham have been in the Champions League for the last four seasons.
spurs sack manager on 09:28 - Nov 20 with 1387 viewsbosh67

The Spurs-cial one will find everyone in the dressing room too agreeable so he will buy Pogba in January for £200 million. He'll also get Bale in for £100m and make him head of golf.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

spurs sack manager on 09:31 - Nov 20 with 1380 viewsfrancisbowles

spurs sack manager on 09:28 - Nov 20 by bosh67

The Spurs-cial one will find everyone in the dressing room too agreeable so he will buy Pogba in January for £200 million. He'll also get Bale in for £100m and make him head of golf.

Didn't the rot start at Man U with him falling out with Pogba or am I getting things mixed up?
spurs sack manager on 09:46 - Nov 20 with 1337 views2Thomas2Bowles

spurs sack manager on 09:22 - Nov 20 by CamberleyR

Yes, for the three successive seasons after the one you just mentioned...

Oh ok thanks and to stow.

spurs sack manager on 10:09 - Nov 20 with 1300 viewsdaveB

cost of that was almost half a billion pounds and a legacy that will take years to fix.
spurs sack manager on 10:11 - Nov 20 with 1295 viewsdaveB

They didn't bottle it, they were never likely to win the league that year they were always 2 games behind Leicester
spurs sack manager on 10:15 - Nov 20 with 1272 views2Thomas2Bowles

spurs sack manager on 10:11 - Nov 20 by daveB

They didn't bottle it, they were never likely to win the league that year they were always 2 games behind Leicester

2 up at the scum and draw 2-2 just one they bottled.
Then lost to Southampton at home and then Newcastle away
[Post edited 20 Nov 2019 10:20]

spurs sack manager on 10:22 - Nov 20 with 1259 viewsPinnerPaul

Nice to see last night's sub standard state categorically that he wouldn't be sacked!
spurs sack manager on 10:28 - Nov 20 with 1252 viewsCroydonCaptJack

spurs sack manager on 10:09 - Nov 20 by daveB

cost of that was almost half a billion pounds and a legacy that will take years to fix.

He never cares about what he leaves behind, that is not his style.

He wins trophies but there is never anything long term going on. Isn't that just an indictment of modern football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024