Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR latest Accounts 11:06 - Feb 26 with 11511 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Due up within the next five days.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03197756/filing-history
QPR latest Accounts on 12:00 - Feb 27 with 3141 viewsbosh67

It feels like our only longterm hope is to have partnerships around Europe/the world the other small lower division clubs where academy players are jointly owned by several clubs and the costs of developing them are shared with players then playing for one club or the other but both clubs gaining from any eventual sale.

The club appears to be doing absolutely everything it possibly can to conform but still has its hands tied behind its back to stay within the FFP quota. Shame we can't go back to an artificial pitch so we can stage other sporting and music events all year round to help bring in revenue outside football. Redeveloping Loftus Road somehow to accommodate other high volume attendance events (10K+) seems to be our only other way of generating income unless we continually sell players.

That means we need a conveyor belt of talent ala Ajax and they have the ground and facilities to do this. Perhaps the powers that be at the club should go to Ajax and see if we can establish any partnership with them? It does appear that strategic club partnerships around the world may be our only longterm chance? That or establishing QPR USA in the MLS as a brother club and perhaps the CSL in China.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

QPR latest Accounts on 12:02 - Feb 27 with 3138 viewsNorthernr

QPR latest Accounts on 12:00 - Feb 27 by bosh67

It feels like our only longterm hope is to have partnerships around Europe/the world the other small lower division clubs where academy players are jointly owned by several clubs and the costs of developing them are shared with players then playing for one club or the other but both clubs gaining from any eventual sale.

The club appears to be doing absolutely everything it possibly can to conform but still has its hands tied behind its back to stay within the FFP quota. Shame we can't go back to an artificial pitch so we can stage other sporting and music events all year round to help bring in revenue outside football. Redeveloping Loftus Road somehow to accommodate other high volume attendance events (10K+) seems to be our only other way of generating income unless we continually sell players.

That means we need a conveyor belt of talent ala Ajax and they have the ground and facilities to do this. Perhaps the powers that be at the club should go to Ajax and see if we can establish any partnership with them? It does appear that strategic club partnerships around the world may be our only longterm chance? That or establishing QPR USA in the MLS as a brother club and perhaps the CSL in China.

I did see Tune were allegedly bidding for some Dutch second tier team last week, and obviously already have interest in MLS. Would be useful if, like Forest do in Greece, the odd middling squad player suddenly got a big money move abroad every now and again.
QPR latest Accounts on 12:03 - Feb 27 with 3131 viewsLongsufferingR

QPR latest Accounts on 10:19 - Feb 27 by loftus77

Well I’m no accountancy or actuarial genius… but, having scanned the whole report, the figures in the column ‘2019’ appear all consistently less than those in the column labelled ‘2018’.

That’s good enough for me. Well done Club.

That's the first time I've ever understood a post on one of these accounts threads.
QPR latest Accounts on 12:15 - Feb 27 with 3084 viewsbosh67

https://footballeconomyv2.blogspot.com/2020/02/qpr-losses-are-now-moderate-by.ht

If not posted before?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

QPR latest Accounts on 12:17 - Feb 27 with 3061 viewsstevec

QPR latest Accounts on 11:59 - Feb 27 by Northernr

Agree, would make my job easier, but Hoos would simply tell you he doesn't want clubs that may be buying our players or selling players to us to know how that.

Yeah, good point. Shame, as it makes FFP such a grey area for the fans.
QPR latest Accounts on 12:44 - Feb 27 with 2972 viewsBenny_the_Ball

QPR latest Accounts on 11:59 - Feb 27 by Northernr

Agree, would make my job easier, but Hoos would simply tell you he doesn't want clubs that may be buying our players or selling players to us to know how that.

Are FFP accounts not published at all?
QPR latest Accounts on 12:46 - Feb 27 with 2965 viewsextratimeR

Well done Hoo's and club, putting that team out, playing the style of entertaining football we do, and staying mid-table, ( ish), is nothing short of a bloody miracle!

Thanks Clive!

Yes, Brentford model is way forward for us
QPR latest Accounts on 12:47 - Feb 27 with 2963 viewsFredManRave

Breaking News; The accounts have just been disallowed by the Video Accountant Referee.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR latest Accounts on 12:50 - Feb 27 with 2936 viewsBenny_the_Ball

QPR latest Accounts on 10:12 - Feb 27 by daveB

and yet you still get people trying to say Marc Pugh is on 30k a week and we were paying similar for Wells.

Quite positive that the wages are coming down whilst we continue to compete.

When you see the wages to turnover figures for the league how the likes of reading are going to pas FFP is beyond me.

I understand and agree with the underlying point but Pugh's wages won't be included in this particular set of accounts, they'll be in the next one. Still, I expect wages will have come down further this year to offset the decrease in parachute payments. To remain competitive under this scenario is a good achievement.
QPR latest Accounts on 13:19 - Feb 27 with 2814 viewsactonman

Outstanding achievement really considering . I really can’t see how other clubs can adhere to these regulations without constantly flouting the rules and selling their grannies... it will come to a head at some point where 3 or 4 clubs will be getting docked points every season, probably after we end up in league 1 playing in front of 5k they will change the rules to suit the bigger boys
QPR latest Accounts on 14:36 - Feb 27 with 2645 viewsderbyhoop

Apart from the losses coming down, the interesting bit is the comparison with the Championship averages.
With parachute payments about to run out, we still had a relatively high income, which is going to fall a fair bit.
But we are not big payers. Wages:Turnover was 69%, which is almost sustainable.
The sales of Freeman, Luongo and Furlong should help us to stay within FFP parameters for 2019/20. I suspect wages are going to fall further as big earners go to be replaced by the youngsters and freebies.
But the falling income means we are still going to be reliant on the generosity of the owners for some time.
Selling EZE may balance the books for 20/21 but the big problem is falling revenue and the fact that LR is unusable for any time other than match days.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR latest Accounts on 14:55 - Feb 27 with 2553 viewsDannyPaddox

QPR latest Accounts on 09:08 - Feb 27 by Phildo

The supertanker is 3/4 of the way round.

No fcuking way! Not the return of Christopher Samba!
QPR latest Accounts on 14:56 - Feb 27 with 2552 viewsbosh67

QPR latest Accounts on 14:36 - Feb 27 by derbyhoop

Apart from the losses coming down, the interesting bit is the comparison with the Championship averages.
With parachute payments about to run out, we still had a relatively high income, which is going to fall a fair bit.
But we are not big payers. Wages:Turnover was 69%, which is almost sustainable.
The sales of Freeman, Luongo and Furlong should help us to stay within FFP parameters for 2019/20. I suspect wages are going to fall further as big earners go to be replaced by the youngsters and freebies.
But the falling income means we are still going to be reliant on the generosity of the owners for some time.
Selling EZE may balance the books for 20/21 but the big problem is falling revenue and the fact that LR is unusable for any time other than match days.

The key may well to be to remodel LR to continue to be an 18K+ football venue and a 15K+ sports and concert venue. We did all of this with the plastic pitch so perhaps there are clever design and architectural ways to remodel what we have to suit more events?

Never knowingly right.

QPR latest Accounts on 14:58 - Feb 27 with 2544 viewsbosh67

QPR latest Accounts on 10:12 - Feb 27 by daveB

and yet you still get people trying to say Marc Pugh is on 30k a week and we were paying similar for Wells.

Quite positive that the wages are coming down whilst we continue to compete.

When you see the wages to turnover figures for the league how the likes of reading are going to pas FFP is beyond me.

Pugh is not on £30K a week by the way or anything like that. He's on the upper end of our current cap, which is around £11k.

Never knowingly right.

QPR latest Accounts on 15:25 - Feb 27 with 2472 viewsHastings_Hoops

QPR latest Accounts on 09:25 - Feb 27 by Antti_Heinola

To do all that and still be where we are, having sold Freeman and Luongo at the end of the season, is pretty remarkable.
MW got a big job on his hands next season though to work without Eze and maybe BOS.

Without Eze and BOS, but with the benefit of £30-£40m in return.

We need to view such sales as a boon for Warburton.
QPR latest Accounts on 15:27 - Feb 27 with 2467 viewsHastings_Hoops

QPR latest Accounts on 11:42 - Feb 27 by actonman

So basically we need to sell our best young assets every year and keep producing replacements to sell at a profit every season while trying to stay in the league without spending any money.

Producing adequate players year on year will be helped by our training ground facilities and grading that won’t be happening anytime soon

Dwindling crowds with no other stadium income ?

It’s a wonder why we even fking bother !

FFP my ars!!

It’s the QPR way and reflects the team of the 80s and 90s, which I started supporting.
QPR latest Accounts on 16:31 - Feb 27 with 2301 viewspaulparker

QPR latest Accounts on 11:48 - Feb 27 by Northernr

While that is true and is bleak, look where Brentford have got by regularly buying low and selling high. It can be done.

That’s all well and good but Brentford have
A - far superior scouting network than us
B- don’t waste the money they get , yes Eze, Chair, Smithies , Freeman , Hall , Ball , BOS have been good signings but we have wasted a load of money on Goss, Sylla, ,Ngabeto (sp) , Washington, Bidwell, Gladwin ,luango, chery, Borysiuk , perch , Ingram , JET , Wheeler , cousins , Without seeing hardly any profit on these players once they leave
We really need to be be spending better

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

QPR latest Accounts on 16:45 - Feb 27 with 2259 viewsqprd

QPR latest Accounts on 16:31 - Feb 27 by paulparker

That’s all well and good but Brentford have
A - far superior scouting network than us
B- don’t waste the money they get , yes Eze, Chair, Smithies , Freeman , Hall , Ball , BOS have been good signings but we have wasted a load of money on Goss, Sylla, ,Ngabeto (sp) , Washington, Bidwell, Gladwin ,luango, chery, Borysiuk , perch , Ingram , JET , Wheeler , cousins , Without seeing hardly any profit on these players once they leave
We really need to be be spending better

Brentford has made a lot of poor signings, too. You just don't know them, just as a Brentford fan probably doesnt know who Sean Goss or David Wheeler is.

A lot of the players you also mentioned below were hardly failures and many of them accomplished their remit. Citing Perch, for instance, is silly, as he was signed as a short term signing, rather than a young player we scouted for future sell on value. Are you going to also say Cameron (signed on a free) is a failed signing b/c we didn't make a profit on him when he likely leaves this summer?

In any event, failure is inherently part of the model. By citing past failures, you're really missing the point.
QPR latest Accounts on 19:49 - Feb 27 with 2045 viewsOldPedro

Views from Kieran Maguire on our accounts

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

QPR latest Accounts on 20:45 - Feb 27 with 1909 viewspaulparker

QPR latest Accounts on 16:45 - Feb 27 by qprd

Brentford has made a lot of poor signings, too. You just don't know them, just as a Brentford fan probably doesnt know who Sean Goss or David Wheeler is.

A lot of the players you also mentioned below were hardly failures and many of them accomplished their remit. Citing Perch, for instance, is silly, as he was signed as a short term signing, rather than a young player we scouted for future sell on value. Are you going to also say Cameron (signed on a free) is a failed signing b/c we didn't make a profit on him when he likely leaves this summer?

In any event, failure is inherently part of the model. By citing past failures, you're really missing the point.

Brentford may make the odd duff signing but by and large get it right , we haven’t, they also get top dollar for their players something we don’t
Let’s see in the summer how we do but if we sell Eze for anything less than 15 million and a sell On then we may as well all give up

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

QPR latest Accounts on 20:49 - Feb 27 with 1890 viewspaulparker

QPR latest Accounts on 16:45 - Feb 27 by qprd

Also perch was a dreadful signing bar a few games at left back , not a fan of Cameron but he is a much better player than perch ,

QPR latest Accounts on 21:52 - Feb 27 with 1748 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR latest Accounts on 20:49 - Feb 27 by paulparker

Also perch was a dreadful signing bar a few games at left back , not a fan of Cameron but he is a much better player than perch ,

No one (especially me) complained when we signed him though did they?

You say we need to sign better, but we have celebrated the signing of a lot of our failures because of their career history.

Can't blame the club for doing the same thing.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 22:01]
QPR latest Accounts on 21:59 - Feb 27 with 1712 viewsPunteR

QPR latest Accounts on 21:52 - Feb 27 by BazzaInTheLoft

No one (especially me) complained when we signed him though did they?

You say we need to sign better, but we have celebrated the signing of a lot of our failures because of their career history.

Can't blame the club for doing the same thing.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2020 22:01]

I would like to think the scouts at the club are the experts though despite what we fans all think.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

QPR latest Accounts on 22:02 - Feb 27 with 1709 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR latest Accounts on 21:59 - Feb 27 by PunteR

I would like to think the scouts at the club are the experts though despite what we fans all think.

If Man C or Arsenal's scouts are capable of signing shithouses why would we be any different? The difference is the consequences are more dire for us.
QPR latest Accounts on 22:04 - Feb 27 with 1698 viewswombat

QPR latest Accounts on 12:02 - Feb 27 by Northernr

I did see Tune were allegedly bidding for some Dutch second tier team last week, and obviously already have interest in MLS. Would be useful if, like Forest do in Greece, the odd middling squad player suddenly got a big money move abroad every now and again.

Think that could be the plan which to be honest doesn’t bother me . Other clubs have done it so why not join the party

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024