Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dutch League 18:37 - Apr 24 with 5503 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Declared null and void. No promotion, relegation, no winners. Surely this is the way we will be going

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11978351/ajax-denied-title-as-dutc
Dutch League on 18:48 - Apr 24 with 4468 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mental. I wonder what the legal fallout will be like from the winners and those denied promotion.

If this happens over here, perhaps each team should be allowed to take their points into next season?
Dutch League on 18:50 - Apr 24 with 4460 viewsJuzzie

If this season was neck and neck between two or three teams then voiding it might be the way.
Liverpool have been runaway leaders so it would be a travesty to them if that happened.

Bwah ha ha ha ha!
Dutch League on 20:49 - Apr 24 with 4322 viewsdanehoop

Dutch League on 18:50 - Apr 24 by Juzzie

If this season was neck and neck between two or three teams then voiding it might be the way.
Liverpool have been runaway leaders so it would be a travesty to them if that happened.

Bwah ha ha ha ha!

They would surely take it squarely on the chin and not complain about it in anyway at all.

Never knowingly understood

Dutch League on 21:07 - Apr 24 with 4297 viewsBoston

Poor Leeds, you have to feel sorry for them...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dutch League on 21:10 - Apr 24 with 4286 viewsBoston

Truthfully, if that’s the way it goes, I’d be pretty pi$$ed our late surge into the Play Off’s being interrupted!

Dutch League on 21:17 - Apr 24 with 4280 viewsDevon_4_England

Dutch League on 18:50 - Apr 24 by Juzzie

Bwah ha ha ha ha!

Anyone heard from Bluce Ree lately?

This post would be right up his street !

Hope he’s doing ok, can’t remember seeing on here for ages
Dutch League on 21:26 - Apr 24 with 4260 viewsstowmarketrange

Dutch League on 18:48 - Apr 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Mental. I wonder what the legal fallout will be like from the winners and those denied promotion.

If this happens over here, perhaps each team should be allowed to take their points into next season?

That’s sounds like a reasonable idea mate.Depending on when we start playing again,would it really be that bad if all teams kept their points to start the new season with?
All teams know where they stand in relation to other teams and the top teams would still have an advantage other the rest,but just over a longer period.
If the games didn’t start until later in the year,or even early next year,a shortened set of fixtures could be drawn to finish the season off.
They could even incorporate the remaining fixtures into the new fixture list,so the premier league would have 19 games plus the remaining games from this season.
The EFL would have 23 games plus this season’s remaining ones.
An open draw could be made so that you’d get either 12 or 11 at home and 11 or 12 away.The premier league would obviously play 9 or 10 at home and 9 or 10 away.
Dutch League on 22:10 - Apr 24 with 4200 viewsderbyhoop

Ajax and Alkmaar were neck and neck, I believe.

Be a shame if Leeds missed out on promotion (NOT).
But Coventry in L1 and Swindon & Crewe in L2 don't deserve to miss out. Financial implications could be huge.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Dutch League on 22:21 - Apr 24 with 4184 viewsLythamR

Dutch League on 21:26 - Apr 24 by stowmarketrange

That’s sounds like a reasonable idea mate.Depending on when we start playing again,would it really be that bad if all teams kept their points to start the new season with?
All teams know where they stand in relation to other teams and the top teams would still have an advantage other the rest,but just over a longer period.
If the games didn’t start until later in the year,or even early next year,a shortened set of fixtures could be drawn to finish the season off.
They could even incorporate the remaining fixtures into the new fixture list,so the premier league would have 19 games plus the remaining games from this season.
The EFL would have 23 games plus this season’s remaining ones.
An open draw could be made so that you’d get either 12 or 11 at home and 11 or 12 away.The premier league would obviously play 9 or 10 at home and 9 or 10 away.

The problem is that all league competitions start with every team equal

what are ticket sales going to be like if you start a season with your team in 13th 16th 20th place, of course die hards will still buy ST's but overall sales would suffer significantly plus how do you inspire players if a team is starting from a low position

can't see that working
Dutch League on 22:39 - Apr 24 with 4159 viewsdistortR

promotion = community work/cvntishness of fans x points + Eze squared (unlike tommy williams)

WE'RE FVCKING GOING UP

hic

Dutch League on 23:28 - Apr 24 with 4122 viewsloftboy

Dutch League on 21:07 - Apr 24 by Boston

Poor Leeds, you have to feel sorry for them...

Said no one ever !!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Dutch League on 07:38 - Apr 25 with 3954 viewsstowmarketrange

Dutch League on 22:21 - Apr 24 by LythamR

The problem is that all league competitions start with every team equal

what are ticket sales going to be like if you start a season with your team in 13th 16th 20th place, of course die hards will still buy ST's but overall sales would suffer significantly plus how do you inspire players if a team is starting from a low position

can't see that working

This would be a one off scenario due to the exceptional circumstances prevailing at the time.And I think so many people would be desperate for a bit of normality again,including going to football again that hopefully tickets sales wouldn’t be too much of an issue.
And with a transfer window in August you’d still have a chance of getting the players in to turn the season around again.
You’d still have around 30 games to change things for the better,or worse.
Dutch League on 09:11 - Apr 25 with 3880 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So, out of curiosity, I looked to see what happened to the league when War broke out in 1939.

Blackpool were top and were just fcked off out of it. No medals or trophy, nothing.

The pyramid was divided into ten regional league and two cup competitions.

Guess who won the South League B?
Dutch League on 09:29 - Apr 25 with 3847 viewsstowmarketrange

Dutch League on 09:11 - Apr 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

So, out of curiosity, I looked to see what happened to the league when War broke out in 1939.

Blackpool were top and were just fcked off out of it. No medals or trophy, nothing.

That was September though Baz and the leagues were barely a month old.I’m not even sure that football had restarted by the time the 1st world war broke out either.
Dutch League on 09:31 - Apr 25 with 3845 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

An article on it:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/the-agony-and-the-ecstasy/2020/apr/24/how-e
Dutch League on 10:11 - Apr 25 with 3783 viewsterryb

It is definitely possible that this could happen here, but I doubt that the Prtemier will not finish. I wouldn't rule out the EFL being voided though.

The FA have already ruled that this is the outcome for the leagues in the pyramid below the EFl, so it must be their favoured option.

I found it surprising that they didn't declare the season finished with PPG deciding league positions rather than voiding, but I must admit to bias in wanting it to have been PPG as Chesham would then have been promoted to National League South!
Dutch League on 10:30 - Apr 25 with 3762 viewsDannyPaddox

The Dutch league has been stopped on Trump’s orders. He’s been told Ajax can cure the coronavirus.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2020 10:32]
Dutch League on 20:16 - Apr 25 with 3572 viewsrsonist

Job done.
Dutch League on 10:53 - Apr 26 with 3440 viewsThGrimRanger

I think the premier league could finish this season because they can afford to play behind closed doors. The rest couldn't do that because of the expenses involved, the lack of tv income and complex logistics of making it all happen. This when things are already touch and go for many clubs. Also what about players whose contracts expire at the start of June.

Sooner the championship calls it null and void the better to avoiding screwing up next season. The premier league should also do the same because a) the winner is inevitable b) who would take the place of the relegated clubs c) champions/europa leagues are unlikely to happen next season so no qualification required which fits well.

TheGrimRanger

Dutch League on 12:45 - Apr 26 with 3383 viewstimcocking

Sweet Jesus please...
Dutch League on 12:50 - Apr 26 with 3378 viewsBoston

Dutch League on 09:11 - Apr 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Back in the previous war they continued playing y’know, one venue, no mans land.

Dutch League on 14:37 - Apr 26 with 3320 viewsessextaxiboy

Dutch League on 18:48 - Apr 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

That is a great idea , just one mega 92 game season over two years . Start maybe July 1st with a few more evening games..... The RRS are going up !
Dutch League on 14:41 - Apr 26 with 3304 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dutch League on 14:37 - Apr 26 by essextaxiboy

That is a great idea , just one mega 92 game season over two years . Start maybe July 1st with a few more evening games..... The RRS are going up !

Twice the promotions, twice the relegations.
Dutch League on 21:00 - Apr 26 with 3203 viewsdaveB

still baffles me the rush to finish this season, just do it when safe and then change or void next season.
Dutch League on 21:35 - Apr 26 with 3177 viewsBoston

Dutch League on 14:41 - Apr 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Twice the promotions, twice the relegations.

Can you go up and down in the same season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024