Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Agueroooooooo! 16:10 - May 13 with 10691 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sorry if already posted - but some nice stuff here about that day, with plenty from the Chief (who doesn't like Barton) about how hard it was for him, but also makes sure he says how much he loved QPR once he'd been there a while too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/52604782

No mention, however, yet again, of how Tevez smacked Barton first. What Barton did was inexcusable, but it's always baffled me how Tevez totally got away with it - what he did was a red card offence too, and he should also have received a ban.

Bare bones.

Agueroooooooo! on 16:29 - May 13 with 3812 viewsmcqpr10

Good read that. Ned comes across well and glad he stated his dislike for Barton. The guy played with him for years at city and with us, no better person to judge.
Agueroooooooo! on 17:30 - May 13 with 3729 viewsstowmarketrange

Mike Dean said afterwards that he would also have sent off Tevez,if he’d seen what he did.So why didn’t the sweet FA ban him for the 3 games at the start of the following season?
All academic now,but we could have easily been relegated that season due to the incompetence of officials.The goal at Bolton,Tevez And wasn’t the Barton Sending off against Norwich also in that season?
And Cisse’s red card against Wolves too. I also forgot about Derry’s red at Man Utd to possibly the worst decision of the season.
[Post edited 13 May 2020 17:41]
Agueroooooooo! on 10:51 - May 14 with 3530 viewsSt_Pollock

It was an amazing moment for sure but a lot of QPR fans forgot, and still forget, that Man Utd were annoying because of people from Surrey 'supporting' them which is a lot more forgivable than Man City stealing the soul of football.

Can't see how any football fan wanted, and still celebrates, Man City winning the league that day.
Agueroooooooo! on 10:54 - May 14 with 3521 viewsAntti_Heinola

Agueroooooooo! on 10:51 - May 14 by St_Pollock

It was an amazing moment for sure but a lot of QPR fans forgot, and still forget, that Man Utd were annoying because of people from Surrey 'supporting' them which is a lot more forgivable than Man City stealing the soul of football.

Can't see how any football fan wanted, and still celebrates, Man City winning the league that day.

The idea that Man Utd are somehow more acceptable than City isn't one I share.

Bare bones.

Agueroooooooo! on 10:57 - May 14 with 3512 viewsstowmarketrange

The soul of football was stolen first by Blackburn,but at least he was a fan of the club.Then along came the Russian crook and his billions.Anyone who stops that shower from winning things is ok in my book.I’m strictly ABC.
I’d like to turn the clock back to when any team stood a chance of winning things but it won’t happen,so come on Citeh.
[Post edited 14 May 2020 10:58]
Agueroooooooo! on 10:59 - May 14 with 3505 viewsSt_Pollock

Agueroooooooo! on 10:54 - May 14 by Antti_Heinola

Man Utd didn't buy their way to the table.

They went 26 years without winning the title and it was only because they had a good youth system and scouting system in place that that changed.

Even the missing link between the near failure of 1992 and the success of 1993 - Eric Cantona - only cost £1m which was the same as we paid 3 years earlier for Roy Wegerle.

The big money they subsequently spent was always taken from prize money.

If that's not more acceptable to you than what Man City have done just because of glory hunters from Surrey then I really don't know what to say.
Agueroooooooo! on 11:05 - May 14 with 3484 viewsSt_Pollock

Agueroooooooo! on 10:57 - May 14 by stowmarketrange

The soul of football was stolen first by Blackburn,but at least he was a fan of the club.Then along came the Russian crook and his billions.Anyone who stops that shower from winning things is ok in my book.I’m strictly ABC.
I’d like to turn the clock back to when any team stood a chance of winning things but it won’t happen,so come on Citeh.
[Post edited 14 May 2020 10:58]

It doesn't matter what we can and can't change, only that we recognise right from wrong.
Agueroooooooo! on 11:25 - May 14 with 3448 viewsTW_R

Two words - Ashley Young
Login to get fewer ads

Agueroooooooo! on 11:32 - May 14 with 3436 viewsbob566

city can do one. Used to like them. Have even stood in the old kippax watching gillingham with a city mate but they're worse than utd ever were. Their owners just bought their 8th football club under the manchester city umbrella.
Agueroooooooo! on 11:37 - May 14 with 3433 viewsSt_Pollock

Agueroooooooo! on 11:25 - May 14 by TW_R

Two words - Ashley Young

Derry put his hands on him, he took advantage.

If the former doesn't happen then he doesn't go down.

Our players would have done exactly the same.

Even if you despise diving - and that equates to not celebrating any dubious penalties in our favour because if you do that is a clear admission that you're a hypocrite - Ashley Young doing what he did can not seriously be compared to what Man City have done.

It's honestly embarrassing that QPR fans are still happy to celebrate what City 'achieved'.
Agueroooooooo! on 11:46 - May 14 with 3408 viewsSt_Pollock

Agueroooooooo! on 11:32 - May 14 by bob566

city can do one. Used to like them. Have even stood in the old kippax watching gillingham with a city mate but they're worse than utd ever were. Their owners just bought their 8th football club under the manchester city umbrella.

I still like the City fans I meet to be honest.

Most admit that they've bought success but that's not going to stop them enjoying the success for what it is and whereas people on social media - including message boards - love pointing out empty seats at their matches they rightfully point out that that's because they haven't attracted glory hunters.

Still mainly a working class fan base as well.
Agueroooooooo! on 11:52 - May 14 with 3402 viewsrrrspricey

I often wonder just how many Citeh fans missed the end, there were quite a few gaps towards the end if memory serves
Agueroooooooo! on 12:07 - May 14 with 3373 viewsTheChef

Agueroooooooo! on 11:46 - May 14 by St_Pollock

I still like the City fans I meet to be honest.

Most admit that they've bought success but that's not going to stop them enjoying the success for what it is and whereas people on social media - including message boards - love pointing out empty seats at their matches they rightfully point out that that's because they haven't attracted glory hunters.

Still mainly a working class fan base as well.

Exactly, so I don't think in that moment in time you could begrudge their fans having that title win, you can't blame the average City fan for the oil money that came their way.

I was certainly happy for City to win at the expense of United (let alone to help make the journey home easier for QPR fans...).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Agueroooooooo! on 12:08 - May 14 with 3374 viewsJeff

Agueroooooooo! on 11:37 - May 14 by St_Pollock

Even if you despise diving - and that equates to not celebrating any dubious penalties in our favour because if you do that is a clear admission that you're a hypocrite - Ashley Young doing what he did can not seriously be compared to what Man City have done.

It's honestly embarrassing that QPR fans are still happy to celebrate what City 'achieved'.

'Derry put his hands on him, he took advantage.

If the former doesn't happen then he doesn't go down'

I think that this is absolutely stretching to beyond any sort of limits that Derry 'Put his hands on him'

Can we not knock it?

Agueroooooooo! on 12:10 - May 14 with 3370 viewsdaveB

Agueroooooooo! on 10:59 - May 14 by St_Pollock

Man Utd didn't buy their way to the table.

They went 26 years without winning the title and it was only because they had a good youth system and scouting system in place that that changed.

Even the missing link between the near failure of 1992 and the success of 1993 - Eric Cantona - only cost £1m which was the same as we paid 3 years earlier for Roy Wegerle.

The big money they subsequently spent was always taken from prize money.

If that's not more acceptable to you than what Man City have done just because of glory hunters from Surrey then I really don't know what to say.

They did spend big to win the title. £3.6million was the transfer record back then, most of their squad were bought for 1-2 million on big wages. Pallister was 2.5 million I think which was staggering amount of money back then. They bought the title as well as everyone else does. United used to spend the most which is why they won it most years. They still spend the most now they just don't do it as well
Agueroooooooo! on 12:24 - May 14 with 3363 viewsSt_Pollock

Agueroooooooo! on 12:08 - May 14 by Jeff

'Derry put his hands on him, he took advantage.

If the former doesn't happen then he doesn't go down'

I think that this is absolutely stretching to beyond any sort of limits that Derry 'Put his hands on him'

However slight the touch was he still touched him.

Did you walk out in disgust when Wells made one of his dives to win us penalties?
Agueroooooooo! on 12:36 - May 14 with 3338 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agueroooooooo! on 10:54 - May 14 by Antti_Heinola

Me neither. Liverpool, Man U (early 90's) and Chelsea all bought their titles just as surely as Man City or Blackburn did. The difference is that the first three think they are elite and the other two are outsiders.

How anyone from any of those clubs can decide that they are any 'better' than City is beyond me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Agueroooooooo! on 12:38 - May 14 with 3334 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agueroooooooo! on 11:37 - May 14 by St_Pollock

"He put his hands on him"

That doesn't make it a foul.

The only foul is Young diving, which should have been a yellow, and a free to us.

Agueroooooooo! on 12:40 - May 14 with 3328 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agueroooooooo! on 12:10 - May 14 by daveB

They did spend big to win the title. £3.6million was the transfer record back then, most of their squad were bought for 1-2 million on big wages. Pallister was 2.5 million I think which was staggering amount of money back then. They bought the title as well as everyone else does. United used to spend the most which is why they won it most years. They still spend the most now they just don't do it as well

Exactly.

Agueroooooooo! on 12:54 - May 14 with 3296 viewsSt_Pollock

Agueroooooooo! on 12:10 - May 14 by daveB

They did spend big but you're forgetting/omitting key facts.

Firstly, between 1980 and when Fergusson arrived Man Utd spent just £2.3m on players but sold £4.3m during the same period.

During this period they averaged 43,000 and won significant prize money in 1983 and 1985 in addition to playing in Europe in 4 seasons: including a run to the semi finals of the UEFA Cup.

They were sitting on money they had earned which is completely at odds with what City did.

In fact, we probably spent a higher percentage of our income than Utd did in the same period.
[Post edited 14 May 2020 12:56]
Agueroooooooo! on 13:01 - May 14 with 3283 viewsrobith

I was DJing the night before so too hungover to go to the game. Watched it with two mates in the Coffee House in Soho. Was mostly spent shouting "RUN JAMIE! RUN!" at Mr Mackie anytime he got the ball. Loads of neutrals in there became won over by out plight and the indsutriousness of a certain winger, meant I got mobbed when he scored with some guy shouting "JAMIE F**KING MACKIE!!!!!!!!!!!" in my face.

What a day
Agueroooooooo! on 13:04 - May 14 with 3276 viewsstowmarketrange

Agueroooooooo! on 11:05 - May 14 by St_Pollock

It doesn't matter what we can and can't change, only that we recognise right from wrong.

But as has already been mentioned,they aren’t doing anything different to what other clubs have done before them,and if it stops them c@nts from sw6 winning a trophy by boring everyone to death that’s ok by me.
I went to our 6-0 loss to them in 2015, and all of the city fans on the buses that I spoke with were wishing us good luck in The seemed like genuine fans who’d just realised that they’d won the lottery and were enjoying the good times while they last.
A bit like us in 2007-08,only ours turned into a poisoned chalice rather than a lottery ticket.Were you one of the few who deserted our club because we’d suddenly come into money?
I was one of the many at Stamford bridge during the cup game singing about having more money than they did.Its just a shame that we wasted our chance to build a sustainable legacy for ourselves.
A Chelsea mate of mine for the last 40 years used to say that clubs buying trophies was wrong for football.He changed his mind in 2004,and goes abroad to see them win European cups.He used to have to get to the ground an hour early to find s bit of cardboard big enough to sit on in the west stand up until the late 90’s.

You can’t blame the fans of Man City because of how their team has bought their success.
Agueroooooooo! on 13:07 - May 14 with 3271 viewsstowmarketrange

Agueroooooooo! on 12:38 - May 14 by BrianMcCarthy

"He put his hands on him"

That doesn't make it a foul.

The only foul is Young diving, which should have been a yellow, and a free to us.

Wasn’t he offside too,or was that Rooney?
Agueroooooooo! on 13:19 - May 14 with 3251 viewsdaveB

Agueroooooooo! on 12:54 - May 14 by St_Pollock

They did spend big but you're forgetting/omitting key facts.

Firstly, between 1980 and when Fergusson arrived Man Utd spent just £2.3m on players but sold £4.3m during the same period.

During this period they averaged 43,000 and won significant prize money in 1983 and 1985 in addition to playing in Europe in 4 seasons: including a run to the semi finals of the UEFA Cup.

They were sitting on money they had earned which is completely at odds with what City did.

In fact, we probably spent a higher percentage of our income than Utd did in the same period.
[Post edited 14 May 2020 12:56]

reason City had to spend that kind of money to start with was because Chelsea and United had inflated the market to ensure only they could get the best players so City had to go mad to compete.

I'm not trying to demonize United but they did spend a fair bit to put together a team to win the league, everyone who has won it since the late 80's has done the same
Agueroooooooo! on 13:22 - May 14 with 3248 viewsSt_Pollock

Agueroooooooo! on 13:04 - May 14 by stowmarketrange

But as has already been mentioned,they aren’t doing anything different to what other clubs have done before them,and if it stops them c@nts from sw6 winning a trophy by boring everyone to death that’s ok by me.
I went to our 6-0 loss to them in 2015, and all of the city fans on the buses that I spoke with were wishing us good luck in The seemed like genuine fans who’d just realised that they’d won the lottery and were enjoying the good times while they last.
A bit like us in 2007-08,only ours turned into a poisoned chalice rather than a lottery ticket.Were you one of the few who deserted our club because we’d suddenly come into money?
I was one of the many at Stamford bridge during the cup game singing about having more money than they did.Its just a shame that we wasted our chance to build a sustainable legacy for ourselves.
A Chelsea mate of mine for the last 40 years used to say that clubs buying trophies was wrong for football.He changed his mind in 2004,and goes abroad to see them win European cups.He used to have to get to the ground an hour early to find s bit of cardboard big enough to sit on in the west stand up until the late 90’s.

You can’t blame the fans of Man City because of how their team has bought their success.

"Were you one of the few who deserted our club because we’d suddenly come into money?"

Yes, I was.

I hand on heart stopped going when we became a 'boutique club' and only started going again around 4 years ago.

I still argue that QPR died and we're a phoenix club wearing the same colours and using the same ground.

I have no desire to see us become something I passionately hate but each to their own and we all had our own minds to make up at that time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024