Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hugill 15:57 - Jul 5 with 7644 viewsBklynRanger

Walking off in a fairly relaxed fashion at the end there. I'm no physician but looked encouraging.

Good goal from the shaggy haired target man today.
Hugill on 16:04 - Jul 5 with 4528 viewsted_hendrix

Hopefully he'll be okay for Wednesday (and next season) with us, I like the bloke.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hugill on 16:05 - Jul 5 with 4523 viewsjohnhoop

Sure was a brilliant finish, assisted by a pin point ball over the top from Manning. But I bet half of us were still cursing him for screwing up the one on one with the keeper when it hit the back of the net!
Hugill on 16:41 - Jul 5 with 4324 viewsBklynRanger

Hugill on 16:04 - Jul 5 by ted_hendrix

Hopefully he'll be okay for Wednesday (and next season) with us, I like the bloke.

Me too Ted - seems like 'the right sort' etc
Hugill on 16:45 - Jul 5 with 4277 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Hugill on 16:04 - Jul 5 by ted_hendrix

I don't disagree with you, I like him but do will he come back next season like Wells did? Could someone like Bogle do a job for us?
Hugill on 16:48 - Jul 5 with 4250 viewsDavieQPR

There will be a lot more teams willing to pay him nearer his current wage of about £30-£40k than us.
Hugill on 16:52 - Jul 5 with 4212 viewsdavman

Hugill on 16:05 - Jul 5 by johnhoop

Sure was a brilliant finish, assisted by a pin point ball over the top from Manning. But I bet half of us were still cursing him for screwing up the one on one with the keeper when it hit the back of the net!

Me and the boy were - typical Hugill!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Hugill on 17:00 - Jul 5 with 4147 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Hugill on 16:48 - Jul 5 by DavieQPR

There will be a lot more teams willing to pay him nearer his current wage of about £30-£40k than us.

It just depends on what is out there on a free. Isn't it better off polishing a rough diamond striker and selling on than loaning, admittedly Hugill has been important but his role isn't something that cant be replicated by someone on a fraction of the wages. If he had scored as many a as say Mitrovic or Watkins it might be different?
Hugill on 17:03 - Jul 5 with 4123 viewsDannyPaddox

Defo pulled his hamstring. Question is how severe.
Login to get fewer ads

Hugill on 17:33 - Jul 5 with 3974 viewsOldPedro

Warburton thinks Hugill will be ok

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Hugill on 17:46 - Jul 5 with 3901 viewsDannyPaddox

Ooh looks painful - facial expression is full Beardsley.
Hugill on 18:03 - Jul 5 with 3837 viewsrsonist

The Barney Gumble lockdown barnet is making more sense every game.
Hugill on 18:05 - Jul 5 with 3830 viewsNorthernr

That was so Hugill today. Goes one on one with the keeper, narrows the angle and moves it onto his weaker foot as all good strikers should, butchers the chance. Next touch, lobs the keeper from 30 yards, but alsa kills himself to death doing it. I like him.
Hugill on 18:23 - Jul 5 with 3726 viewsBoston

Hugill on 17:46 - Jul 5 by DannyPaddox

Ooh looks painful - facial expression is full Beardsley.

Indeed, another product of the North Eastern School of Beauty

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hugill on 18:24 - Jul 5 with 3721 viewsBoston

Hugill on 18:05 - Jul 5 by Northernr

That was so Hugill today. Goes one on one with the keeper, narrows the angle and moves it onto his weaker foot as all good strikers should, butchers the chance. Next touch, lobs the keeper from 30 yards, but alsa kills himself to death doing it. I like him.

He's better when he just reacts. the thinking bit overwhelms him.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Hugill on 18:43 - Jul 5 with 3640 viewsbosh67

Like him. Works hard. I'd like him to come back next season but he's 28 and I can see WBA perhaps going for him when they go up so he gets his Prem season.

My issue with him is that he really doesn't have the pace for the Prem and of course he only scores when he doesn't have time to think. That said, at this level, for us, he is a proper target man and has done well post Wells. He's the only player we have at the moment who looks like scoring so hope what looked like a hamstring pull was some kind of minor muscle pull instead.

Very likeable player. A very handy QPR number 9.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hugill on 18:49 - Jul 5 with 3604 viewsrsonist

Just been sifting through Twitter trying to work out if he was this eccentric at PNE. Results inconclusive but I wasn't aware that David Moyes' brother Kenny is his agent...
Hugill on 18:56 - Jul 5 with 3565 viewsrsonist

Hugill on 18:43 - Jul 5 by bosh67

Like him. Works hard. I'd like him to come back next season but he's 28 and I can see WBA perhaps going for him when they go up so he gets his Prem season.

My issue with him is that he really doesn't have the pace for the Prem and of course he only scores when he doesn't have time to think. That said, at this level, for us, he is a proper target man and has done well post Wells. He's the only player we have at the moment who looks like scoring so hope what looked like a hamstring pull was some kind of minor muscle pull instead.

Not sure I even see promotion-chasing sides clamouring for him let alone one newly promoted - maybe Blackburn, Cardiff, Stoke, someone like that. If we can pay whatever we did this season again and we're inclined to do so I think we've a good shout of another year's loan.

Maybe people will look at Wells at Brizzle and think any old rubbish is likely to bag hatfuls there... our own Scottish microclimate.
Hugill on 19:28 - Jul 5 with 3458 viewsNorthernr

Hugill on 18:56 - Jul 5 by rsonist

Not sure I even see promotion-chasing sides clamouring for him let alone one newly promoted - maybe Blackburn, Cardiff, Stoke, someone like that. If we can pay whatever we did this season again and we're inclined to do so I think we've a good shout of another year's loan.

Maybe people will look at Wells at Brizzle and think any old rubbish is likely to bag hatfuls there... our own Scottish microclimate.

There's definitely an argument to say we create so many chances playing this way that anybody could score. This is the first time since 2003/04 we've had two strikers get 15 goals or more and neither Hugill nor Wells have really been this prolific before or since. In fact it's already the best scoring season of Hugill's professional career.

Maybe we should get Conor back, really put it to the test.
Hugill on 19:37 - Jul 5 with 3400 viewsGloryHunter

If that's a back injury, then I'm Ray Wilkins. He's done his left hamstring when striding in to make contact with his right foot, When I was playing and I pulled a hamstring, it was six weeks out. I know they have some clever treatments now, but I can't see him being back (and up-to-speed match fit) before the end. I hope I'm wrong.
Hugill on 19:41 - Jul 5 with 3378 viewsmcqpr10

He's had a really good season. 15 goals is a good return for someone we got on loan.

He's great in the championship. Tough, rough and ready. Doesn't have the finesse in finishing that wells had but doesn't hide.

Shame he's on such astronomical wages and cost the hammers ten mill.

The only way we will see him in a hoops shirt next year is another loan deal but suspect a championship side with a bit more money than us will swoop and take him like they took our nakhi.
Hugill on 19:43 - Jul 5 with 3369 viewsVancouverHoop

Hugill on 18:43 - Jul 5 by bosh67

He could get a Prem season at West Ham, assuming they stay up. You'd expect him to get the opportunity. If they come down he almost certainly will.
Hugill on 20:30 - Jul 5 with 3215 viewsDorse

Hugill on 19:28 - Jul 5 by Northernr

There's definitely an argument to say we create so many chances playing this way that anybody could score. This is the first time since 2003/04 we've had two strikers get 15 goals or more and neither Hugill nor Wells have really been this prolific before or since. In fact it's already the best scoring season of Hugill's professional career.

Maybe we should get Conor back, really put it to the test.

Alright, calm down. We've all had a drink.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Hugill on 20:37 - Jul 5 with 3161 viewsNorthernr

Hugill on 20:30 - Jul 5 by Dorse

Alright, calm down. We've all had a drink.

We have indeed.
Hugill on 20:39 - Jul 5 with 3155 viewstraininvain

Agreed. Can we keep him?
Hugill on 20:40 - Jul 5 with 3142 viewsbakerloo8

We all like Hugill. I just dont think we can keep him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024