Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hugill 15:57 - Jul 5 with 7666 viewsBklynRanger

Walking off in a fairly relaxed fashion at the end there. I'm no physician but looked encouraging.

Good goal from the shaggy haired target man today.
Hugill on 20:44 - Jul 5 with 1698 viewsbakerloo8

Hamstrings are funny injuries. When I played I tweeked mine and was back within 10 days, I have also torn mine and had almost a year out. All depends on severity.
Hugill on 21:16 - Jul 5 with 1613 viewsmakaveli1882

Hugill on 18:49 - Jul 5 by rsonist

Just been sifting through Twitter trying to work out if he was this eccentric at PNE. Results inconclusive but I wasn't aware that David Moyes' brother Kenny is his agent...

Do behave that's how Preston got 10 million for his and why he is on 50k a week, think he Moyes son involved too.

I dont know how somebody can mess us a chance so bad then score a 25 yarder a minute later then go down like he was shot by a sharpe shooter! It's almost like he trying to whack it over the bar against his boyhood club :)

Not in the class of Wells but 15 goals from a loan is a great return, he is worth about 2 million which 3 million more than we have and we cant afford his wages, honestly thought that might be his last kick of a ball for Rangers, seems a may be wrong.

Our striker issue could be a real problem next season as we don't own one.
Hugill on 22:12 - Jul 5 with 1533 viewsVancouverHoop

Hugill on 21:16 - Jul 5 by makaveli1882

Do behave that's how Preston got 10 million for his and why he is on 50k a week, think he Moyes son involved too.

I dont know how somebody can mess us a chance so bad then score a 25 yarder a minute later then go down like he was shot by a sharpe shooter! It's almost like he trying to whack it over the bar against his boyhood club :)

Not in the class of Wells but 15 goals from a loan is a great return, he is worth about 2 million which 3 million more than we have and we cant afford his wages, honestly thought that might be his last kick of a ball for Rangers, seems a may be wrong.

Our striker issue could be a real problem next season as we don't own one.

Oteh?

And where's Paul Smyth these days? Of course both are far from the finished product, and may never be, but if they want to be now's the time to show it.
Hugill on 22:14 - Jul 5 with 1530 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hugill on 22:12 - Jul 5 by VancouverHoop

Oteh?

And where's Paul Smyth these days? Of course both are far from the finished product, and may never be, but if they want to be now's the time to show it.

Smyth's at Wycombe.

Can't see him or Oteh being much use to us sadly, but you never know. I think most strikers would score goals in a Warburton team.

Really like Hugill though. Misses big fat sitters all day, but 15 goals with games to spare cannot be sniffed at - a really great return.

Bare bones.

Hugill on 22:47 - Jul 5 with 1478 viewsVancouverHoop

Hugill on 22:14 - Jul 5 by Antti_Heinola

Smyth's at Wycombe.

Can't see him or Oteh being much use to us sadly, but you never know. I think most strikers would score goals in a Warburton team.

Really like Hugill though. Misses big fat sitters all day, but 15 goals with games to spare cannot be sniffed at - a really great return.

You never know though. Sometimes something just clicks and it's like Clark Kent went into the phone box and Superman came out. Look at Kakay these last two matches. After a handful of nervy to anonymous games over what seems like a couple of decades, he looks the right back replacement for Furlong we've been waiting for... maybe. Think of the number of frustrating performances from BOS, then it was like someone flicked switch. It could be like that with Smyth or Oteh... possibly... perhaps.
Hugill on 22:57 - Jul 5 with 1457 viewsDavieQPR

Oteh has managed 4 goals in 31 games over two seasons on loan in a lower league. Smyth has managed 4 goals in 34 games again over two seasons in a lower league. They do not sound very prolific to me.
Hugill on 00:25 - Jul 6 with 1381 viewsVancouverHoop

Hugill on 22:57 - Jul 5 by DavieQPR

Oteh has managed 4 goals in 31 games over two seasons on loan in a lower league. Smyth has managed 4 goals in 34 games again over two seasons in a lower league. They do not sound very prolific to me.

Sure, but look home many clubs had given up on Eze before he arrived here. I'm not saying Smyth and Oteh are comparable, but they're both still young, and this might be their chance to impress.
Hugill on 00:51 - Jul 6 with 1362 viewsLazyFan

Hugill on 22:57 - Jul 5 by DavieQPR

Oteh yeah has played upfront so, not so good. But Smyth has been used out wide a lot so, not really possible to compare.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Hugill on 07:55 - Jul 6 with 1285 viewsstevec

I like Hugill, a very good Championship forward. Reckon our style of play catered better for Wells than Hugill but he’s been huge for us since Wells left.

The best thing about him is you suspect he’d find a way to fit into any style of football and there’s a distinct possibility that will change if Eze and BOS move on this summer. Can’t see Oteh or Smyth being capable of filling his boots.
Hugill on 09:51 - Jul 6 with 1216 viewsTheChef

Hugill on 00:51 - Jul 6 by LazyFan

Oteh yeah has played upfront so, not so good. But Smyth has been used out wide a lot so, not really possible to compare.

Bright could still prove to be an option up front too.

Otherwise next season it will probably be working the loan market again, and/or taking a punt on lower leagues or abroad and hope we get the next Pukki.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hugill on 10:28 - Jul 6 with 1190 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pretty sure that Warburton in his post-match interview counted Hugill out for Wednesday. Said that we ere now down to 19 players.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hugill on 10:35 - Jul 6 with 1172 viewsfrancisbowles

Hugill on 10:28 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Pretty sure that Warburton in his post-match interview counted Hugill out for Wednesday. Said that we ere now down to 19 players.

Agree with that, Brain. Wednesday is far too early and we can't really take a risk when he isn't our player.

It's an opportunity to give Oteh some serious game time and see if we can develop him. He had an excellent record of scoring as a young player and I believe Smeg rated him very highly.

He hasn't pulled up any trees on loan but he may have not have had the service or the right system for him.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 10:35]
Hugill on 10:41 - Jul 6 with 1153 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hugill on 10:35 - Jul 6 by francisbowles

Agree with that, Brain. Wednesday is far too early and we can't really take a risk when he isn't our player.

It's an opportunity to give Oteh some serious game time and see if we can develop him. He had an excellent record of scoring as a young player and I believe Smeg rated him very highly.

He hasn't pulled up any trees on loan but he may have not have had the service or the right system for him.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 10:35]

It's either that or play with a False 9, FB, which isn't ideal.

It might suit Eze, though. I think he needs a spark.

Hugill on 10:44 - Jul 6 with 1142 viewsNorthernr

It'll be interesting to see what he does because he's given no sign whatsoever to this point that he rates Oteh at all.
Hugill on 10:46 - Jul 6 with 1137 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hugill on 10:44 - Jul 6 by Northernr

It'll be interesting to see what he does because he's given no sign whatsoever to this point that he rates Oteh at all.

Imagine being Oteh when Hugill got injured and Warburton decided that rather than play him as a striker he'd play with no striker at all.

"Hi Mom"
"A'right Son, how did yer game go?"

Hugill on 11:08 - Jul 6 with 1084 viewsfrancisbowles

Hugill on 10:46 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Imagine being Oteh when Hugill got injured and Warburton decided that rather than play him as a striker he'd play with no striker at all.

"Hi Mom"

Didn't realise he is still only 21. He has nine first team goals in 2023 minutes which equates to about 22&1/2 matches. So not as bad as you would have thought.

We did recall him in January but I guess that was insurance against an injury to the remaining forwards.

Oh and we got him from Spurs in 2017, so maybe a Chris Ramsey connection!
[Post edited 6 Jul 2020 11:09]
Hugill on 11:51 - Jul 6 with 1031 viewsPinnerPaul

Hugill on 10:44 - Jul 6 by Northernr

Agree. In one interview he actually said in relation to him - 'Its a big jump from being on loan in League 1/2 and starting in the Championship'
Hugill on 12:31 - Jul 6 with 1011 viewsMyke

Hugill on 10:46 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

"Hi Mom"

My daughter had a similar experience playing gaelic Football a few years ago Brian, when she was about fifteen. For one game she was the only sub.One of the players got injured to the point that she couldn't actually walk, never mind run, but they left her on for the whole game. My daughter quit to 'pursue other interests' immediately afterwards. The chairman, who wasn't at the game, rang me a few days later to see why she had left. When I told him, he was furious with the management team, but she never went back.
Hugill on 12:46 - Jul 6 with 985 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That's horrible, Myke. Really shoddy. Hopefully she finds something she loves.

Hugill on 12:51 - Jul 6 with 974 viewsMyke

Hugill on 12:46 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

That's horrible, Myke. Really shoddy. Hopefully she finds something she loves.

Showjumping for the past few years. It was easier when I just had to go to football matches, now I have to pull a bloody horsebox all around the country!!
Hugill on 12:56 - Jul 6 with 954 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hugill on 12:51 - Jul 6 by Myke

Showjumping for the past few years. It was easier when I just had to go to football matches, now I have to pull a bloody horsebox all around the country!!

Hugill on 13:07 - Jul 6 with 936 viewsrobith

Hugill on 10:41 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

I noticed Warbz doing some one to one coating with Eze after the game on the stream yesterday
Hugill on 13:11 - Jul 6 with 928 viewsrsonist

Hugill on 11:51 - Jul 6 by PinnerPaul

Agree. In one interview he actually said in relation to him - 'Its a big jump from being on loan in League 1/2 and starting in the Championship'

Hard to know sometimes what indicates true intent and what's just safety-first development patter. Were it not for Barbet's injury Masterson was originally supposed to go out on loan too, and the same would have been said of him most probably.

In any case it's not an untrue statement and shouldn't necessarily be taken as merely derogatory.

Hopefully Oteh gives a good account of himself now but knowing either way for certain now should be seen a blessing in disguise as far as our summer plans go.
Hugill on 13:12 - Jul 6 with 914 viewsterryb

I think Oteh has done reasonabkly well when he has come on as a sub, but will he start at Wigan rather than Chair or Shodipo?

I expect that BOS will be the Hugill replacement & then it would be a choice of bringing Chair back & Eze playing wider or Shodipo providing the width.

My expectation weould be that start with the same team that finished the first half at 'boro.
Hugill on 13:15 - Jul 6 with 902 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Hugill on 10:41 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

With limited to play for it would surely be a good opportunity, if the breadman was to play a false 9 or bright up top it would surely send the wrong message and if I was Oteh id not be a happy bunny. Ultimately MW sees him in training.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024