Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hugill to Norwich 19:05 - Aug 18 with 18000 viewsBAWHoops

According to a Skybot3000 Norwich have bid £5m for Hugill

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Hugill to Norwich on 11:40 - Aug 19 with 5143 viewsLazyFan

Wet Spam may now have the £5m for Manning. Which I think is way over there top for him. £2m max.

But if we get £5m for him then we can possibly get a CB and LB for that. That would be great transfer dealing.

Or they will get the other £15m for Eze. But I would prefer they bought Manning for a crazy £5m.

zzzzzzzzzz

Hugill to Norwich on 09:37 - Aug 20 with 4810 viewseghamranger

We are more favourites than Norwich now... money talks I know but would like to see him and Dykes upfront.... would be some attitude in our team 🤛
Hugill to Norwich on 10:07 - Aug 20 with 4648 viewsNorthantsHoop

If Hugill is a makeweight in Eze deal, think it could well be an undisclosed deal. Hugill is not going to want to enter our lower wage structure without Hammers buying out rest of his wage deal with them. If we pay him £10k a week and he has 2 years left on Hammers contract at 35k a week. So around £2.5m to £3m for contract buy out, he is valued at £5m, they give us £12m cash for Eze, there's your £20m.
Hugill to Norwich on 10:51 - Aug 20 with 4517 viewsHunterhoop

Hugill to Norwich on 10:07 - Aug 20 by NorthantsHoop

If Hugill is a makeweight in Eze deal, think it could well be an undisclosed deal. Hugill is not going to want to enter our lower wage structure without Hammers buying out rest of his wage deal with them. If we pay him £10k a week and he has 2 years left on Hammers contract at 35k a week. So around £2.5m to £3m for contract buy out, he is valued at £5m, they give us £12m cash for Eze, there's your £20m.

That’s a poor deal for us, IMO. Great for Hugill, and okay fit West Ham.

Hugill has no right to that money whilst playing for QPR. He can sit in West Ham’s reserves and the earn the cash he’s entitled to, but kill his career, or he can sign for us, play regularly, and get paid in our wage structure.

A deal structured like that “values” Eze at £20m but it sees Hugill pocket £2.5m of that value. Not right. Not interested. We only get £17m of value, and that’s if you value Hugill at £5m.

If Hugill wants his contract paid out or wants to keep a similar salary in the Champ we should move on.

As a club, we need cash, we need liquidity, and we need to back ourselves to do better with that than other teams in the league. This structure just gives us £12m in cash.
Hugill to Norwich on 11:07 - Aug 20 with 4462 viewsLazyFan

Hugill to Norwich on 10:07 - Aug 20 by NorthantsHoop

Yes, that could work if Norwich did not come in for him. But they have and they will pay him £30K per week. And Wet Spam don't need to buy off all his contract. Just the remainder.

So, with a £5K difference that's £520K for Wet Spam out of a nice transfer fee of £5m. Thus they get £4.5m back of the £9m they paid for him. A loss, but not mega in terms of the Prem.

Hugs gets the money up front (useful in these times), a nice new contract that will be possibly 3 years on prem like money. A chance to get promoted with Norwich who are proven serial promotion now and then possibly a chance in the Prem which Wet Spam never really gave him.

We cannot match the monies of his selling club, the buying club and we cannot match the promotion ambitions of the competition for his signature.

Also, Wet Spam can now just drop out of the Eze deal and move one. Plenty players out there, not many like Eze at his age. But Wet Spam don't have to buy, no one does.

zzzzzzzzzz

Hugill to Norwich on 11:11 - Aug 20 with 4444 viewsNorthantsHoop

Hugill to Norwich on 10:51 - Aug 20 by Hunterhoop

Hugill has no right to that money whilst playing for QPR. He can sit in West Ham’s reserves and the earn the cash he’s entitled to, but kill his career, or he can sign for us, play regularly, and get paid in our wage structure.

A deal structured like that “values” Eze at £20m but it sees Hugill pocket £2.5m of that value. Not right. Not interested. We only get £17m of value, and that’s if you value Hugill at £5m.

If Hugill wants his contract paid out or wants to keep a similar salary in the Champ we should move on.

As a club, we need cash, we need liquidity, and we need to back ourselves to do better with that than other teams in the league. This structure just gives us £12m in cash.

I agree, that's why I think Warburton will switch his focus on alternative options. He may see how the Danish lad does in first couple of weeks of the season, before considering other strikers. Dykes is on face value a like for like replacement for Hugill. Priority is defence with at least another centre back, and possibly attacking midfielder.
Hugill to Norwich on 11:36 - Aug 20 with 4387 viewsEsox_Lucius

We also have Ramkilde don't forget.

The grass is always greener.

Hugill to Norwich on 08:08 - Aug 21 with 4119 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Hugill to Norwich on 06:51 - Aug 19 by cyprusmel

Tony and his fellow directors might just be making up for past errors by pumping in a million pounds a month to keep us going, instead of walking away and letting us go under.
I for one am glad to see them here.

For me, this is like asking Oliver Twist to thank Mr. Bumble for a bowl of gruel.

But we are, thankfully, moving on despite Tony Pony and the day we can finally move on without him anywhere near the wheel, the better. Overall, we’re in the best place we’ve been for years with those who wear the suits, tracksuits and kits at the Rangers.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Hugill to Norwich on 08:17 - Aug 21 with 4094 viewsdaveB

Hugill to Norwich on 10:51 - Aug 20 by Hunterhoop

I'd agree and would rather have the money. I like Hugil but wouldn't be paying 5million for him, he was a back up striker for us until Wells left
Hugill to Norwich on 08:22 - Aug 21 with 4081 viewsnix

Hugill to Norwich on 11:11 - Aug 20 by NorthantsHoop

I agree, that's why I think Warburton will switch his focus on alternative options. He may see how the Danish lad does in first couple of weeks of the season, before considering other strikers. Dykes is on face value a like for like replacement for Hugill. Priority is defence with at least another centre back, and possibly attacking midfielder.

Exactly, when we bought Dykes, it meant we weren't in the market for Hughill any longer. If we want another striker it would be someone more like Wells who plays off the defender and makes space, not another player who holds the ball up and uses body strength.

I must admit I'm a bit disappointed there hasn't been more firm interest in Eze early on. We really need that money now, rather than at the end of the transfer window or not at all. But if we don't get a reasonable amount, I think we're right to hold out and show we can't be held to ransom for peanuts.
Hugill to Norwich on 08:38 - Aug 21 with 4021 viewsWestbourneR

Hugill to Norwich on 08:22 - Aug 21 by nix

Exactly, when we bought Dykes, it meant we weren't in the market for Hughill any longer. If we want another striker it would be someone more like Wells who plays off the defender and makes space, not another player who holds the ball up and uses body strength.

I must admit I'm a bit disappointed there hasn't been more firm interest in Eze early on. We really need that money now, rather than at the end of the transfer window or not at all. But if we don't get a reasonable amount, I think we're right to hold out and show we can't be held to ransom for peanuts.

I'd like this to be the case but £0 is the most peanutty version of peanuts and it's exactly what we'll get if we don't sell Eze this year.

So yeah, we literally can, by definition, be held to ransom. And that's pretty much what's happening with Palace at the moment.

It's not the clubs fault or the fact they're weak - it's just a fact of his contract situation.

The only mistake you might point to is not getting him on a long & low cost deal after his stint at Wycombe. 4 or 5 years.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2020 8:39]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Hugill to Norwich on 08:38 - Aug 21 with 4015 viewsLblock

Hugill to Norwich on 06:51 - Aug 19 by cyprusmel

Tony and his fellow directors might just be making up for past errors by pumping in a million pounds a month to keep us going, instead of walking away and letting us go under.
I for one am glad to see them here.

Yep we’re in safe hands

The club is going places, I’ve every confidence

Still love to see Hugill back with us but it’s not to be, we simply cannot afford a proven striker Of our own, good to see not being held to ransom either. I’m sure Dykey, Ramkilde and Mindy will have the goals in them we need but another forward would be nice. The other slant is Eze, BOS and Yass being kept will mean goals from the middle of the park

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Hugill to Norwich on 09:09 - Aug 21 with 3930 viewsMyke

Hugill to Norwich on 08:38 - Aug 21 by Lblock

Yep we’re in safe hands

Still love to see Hugill back with us but it’s not to be, we simply cannot afford a proven striker Of our own, good to see not being held to ransom either. I’m sure Dykey, Ramkilde and Mindy will have the goals in them we need but another forward would be nice. The other slant is Eze, BOS and Yass being kept will mean goals from the middle of the park

If Eze and BOS don't leave this summer, does that raise our expectations for next season? Similar to when we were relegated and held on to Austin , Fer and Phillips, the expectations changed and instant promotion was suddenly Ramsey's new remit. When we make a luke-warm start he got sacked. With expectations comes pressure and I wouldn't like to see Warburton burdened with that - especially with our defence!!
Hugill to Norwich on 09:24 - Aug 21 with 3870 viewsnadera78

Hugill to Norwich on 08:38 - Aug 21 by WestbourneR

I'd like this to be the case but £0 is the most peanutty version of peanuts and it's exactly what we'll get if we don't sell Eze this year.

So yeah, we literally can, by definition, be held to ransom. And that's pretty much what's happening with Palace at the moment.

It's not the clubs fault or the fact they're weak - it's just a fact of his contract situation.

The only mistake you might point to is not getting him on a long & low cost deal after his stint at Wycombe. 4 or 5 years.

Eze has 2 years left on his contract, so if we don't get a suitable offer now then we should keep him. There's always January, and next summer, to sell him if we need to.
Hugill to Norwich on 09:58 - Aug 21 with 3748 viewsdaveB

Hugill to Norwich on 08:38 - Aug 21 by WestbourneR

Why do we get nothing if we don't sell him this summer?

His contract runs out next summer with an option for another year so we have this window and the next 2 windows to sell him and worst case if he leaves on a free we get compensation plus 2 more years of seeing him play.

Personally hoping he stays and does well next season and sold for stupid money in January
Hugill to Norwich on 19:04 - Aug 21 with 3404 viewsQPROslo

Spot on.
Hugill to Norwich on 13:21 - Aug 22 with 3096 viewsPinnerPaul

Hugill to Norwich on 09:58 - Aug 21 by daveB

Why do we get nothing if we don't sell him this summer?

His contract runs out next summer with an option for another year so we have this window and the next 2 windows to sell him and worst case if he leaves on a free we get compensation plus 2 more years of seeing him play.

Personally hoping he stays and does well next season and sold for stupid money in January

Yep agree, but the point is some have already made up their mind that the club have ******* up whatever we sell him for and when!
Hugill to Norwich on 16:51 - Aug 22 with 2845 viewsrsonist

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/gabriel-completes-arsenal-medical-befor

Norwich City have offered about £3 million for Jordan Hugill, well short of West Ham United’s valuation of a forward who cost them £8 million.
Hugill to Norwich on 19:40 - Aug 22 with 2608 viewskensalriser

Hugill to Norwich on 16:51 - Aug 22 by rsonist

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/gabriel-completes-arsenal-medical-befor

Norwich City have offered about £3 million for Jordan Hugill, well short of West Ham United’s valuation of a forward who cost them £8 million.

...who cost them £8 million and who has played a grand total of 22 minutes in two and a half years for the East London side.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hugill to Norwich on 08:20 - Aug 23 with 2237 viewsNorthantsHoop

Hugill to Norwich on 19:40 - Aug 22 by kensalriser

...who cost them £8 million and who has played a grand total of 22 minutes in two and a half years for the East London side.

Don't think we need to go in for Hugill. Dykes looked good yesterday, seemed to hold ball up well and can lay off a pass got in for an easy goal. Ramikilde also looked confident when he played second half and think he may be a good prospect as well.
I know it was only Wimbledon, but what impressed me was how quickly we moved the ball through midfield. Though love to see Eze stay, think Chair will be the main man this season.
Hugill to Norwich on 08:26 - Aug 23 with 2209 viewsDWQPR

Hugill to Norwich on 08:38 - Aug 21 by Lblock

Yep we’re in safe hands

Who the fûck are Mindy and Yass?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Hugill to Norwich on 08:49 - Aug 23 with 2132 viewscolinallcars

Hugill to Norwich on 08:26 - Aug 23 by DWQPR

Who the fûck are Mindy and Yass?

Search me Guv, I thought Mork and Mindy was rhyming slang for windy.
Hugill to Norwich on 10:31 - Aug 24 with 1820 viewsonlyrinmoray

Sky saying Norwich close to signing Hugill today Right Eze doesn’t go there then
Hugill to Norwich on 13:05 - Aug 24 with 1533 viewsrsonist

Confirmed.
Hugill to Norwich on 13:07 - Aug 24 with 1515 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The spirit of Grant Holt lives on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024