Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hugill to Norwich 19:05 - Aug 18 with 17999 viewsBAWHoops

According to a Skybot3000 Norwich have bid £5m for Hugill

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Hugill to Norwich on 21:45 - Aug 18 with 3157 viewsloftboy

Is this their revenge for us selling them coney after he scored a worldy against them whilst concussed?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Hugill to Norwich on 22:28 - Aug 18 with 2991 viewsqpr1976

Hugill to Norwich on 21:24 - Aug 18 by TacticalR

Like it or not, we are twinned with Norwich. We have played them more than any other club.

Really ?

I would have thought Watford &/or Luton would be our most played oppos.....!?!?!
Hugill to Norwich on 22:34 - Aug 18 with 2965 viewsdanehoop

Its a shame we couldn't afford to sign him, same as Wells in that respect. But with both of them we stumbled across a system that suited them and got their performances back on track. A good honest player, who genuinely tried his absolute best for us, no matter how injured he was. Hope it goes well for him, but obviously not too much at our expense.

Never knowingly understood

Hugill to Norwich on 22:36 - Aug 18 with 2954 viewsTacticalR

Hugill to Norwich on 22:28 - Aug 18 by qpr1976

Really ?

I would have thought Watford &/or Luton would be our most played oppos.....!?!?!

Played Norwich 125 times
https://www.11v11.com/teams/queens-park-rangers/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Nor

Played Luton 98 times
https://www.11v11.com/teams/queens-park-rangers/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Lut

Played Watford 113 times
https://www.11v11.com/teams/queens-park-rangers/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Wat

Air hostess clique

Hugill to Norwich on 23:11 - Aug 18 with 2857 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hugill to Norwich on 20:26 - Aug 18 by Lblock

Sickening to think of all the £££££££‘s Bungle and the clowns have wasted over the years on complete vvankers

You then get two strikers on loan who turn out to be absolutely ideal for us and due to previous approach we can’t afford them and others reap the benefits
I can’t think of any better than Wells we’ve had on loan nor any more committed than Hugill as strikers.

An extra £3mill plus wages etc is a big step for where we are at now but Hugill is proven, Dykey absolutely not.

Fckin Bungle
Fckin FFP

I think we can all probably agree that it's time to start getting over the ££££££s wasted, which was, let's be fair, now several years ago.

Let it go. It's not doing you any good.

Bare bones.

Hugill to Norwich on 23:33 - Aug 18 with 2799 viewsCiderwithRsie

Hugill to Norwich on 23:11 - Aug 18 by Antti_Heinola

I think we can all probably agree that it's time to start getting over the ££££££s wasted, which was, let's be fair, now several years ago.

It was also their money.
Hugill to Norwich on 06:26 - Aug 19 with 2602 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Hugill to Norwich on 23:11 - Aug 18 by Antti_Heinola

If only you could just snap your fingers and make that period and the years it has and will take to overcome the full effects of Tony Pony’s uselessness!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Hugill to Norwich on 06:50 - Aug 19 with 2581 viewsdistortR

Hugill to Norwich on 23:33 - Aug 18 by CiderwithRsie

It was also their money.

only in the imposed reality we inhabit
Login to get fewer ads

Hugill to Norwich on 06:51 - Aug 19 with 2581 viewscyprusmel

Hugill to Norwich on 06:26 - Aug 19 by PlanetHonneywood

If only you could just snap your fingers and make that period and the years it has and will take to overcome the full effects of Tony Pony’s uselessness!

Tony and his fellow directors might just be making up for past errors by pumping in a million pounds a month to keep us going, instead of walking away and letting us go under.
I for one am glad to see them here.
Hugill to Norwich on 07:01 - Aug 19 with 2560 viewsNorthernr

Hugill to Norwich on 23:33 - Aug 18 by CiderwithRsie

It was also their money.

Not quite. They took over a Premier League team, we'd got there under Warnock, so at least the TV money from that season and the following parachute payments was our money, a good £200m there, all of it blown on footballers, agents and wages rather than infrastructure and things that would move our club forward long term. It is frightening when you think how much we and they have spent to get where we are now, well north of £500m.

It's good that they convert it into shares rather than just racking up debt, and at the moment it's costing them £8m-£10m a year to run a midtable Championship club and they're just continuing to do it. For all the "ffs bungle" you'd soon notice if they fcked off now, in fact you'd notice the first time payroll had to be met when we'd immediately become the new Bolton Wanderers and set off at quite a lick towards league games with Barrow.

I see the children on Twitter giving it this a lot - why aren't we protesting, get this board out, sort it out etc. Who, who, who the fck would buy a midtable Championship team with a tiny old stadium, a commitment to build a £17m new training ground to replace the one we have to move out of in a year, that costs the thick end of £1m a month just to keep going? In this climate, right now, at the moment? Fcking nobody is who.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Hugill to Norwich on 07:02 - Aug 19 with 2558 viewsdistortR

Hugill to Norwich on 06:51 - Aug 19 by cyprusmel

Tony and his fellow directors might just be making up for past errors by pumping in a million pounds a month to keep us going, instead of walking away and letting us go under.
I for one am glad to see them here.

not going to 'like' your post because i don't like it on so many levels, but i do agree with you, if you see what i mean!
Hugill to Norwich on 07:08 - Aug 19 with 2542 viewsdistortR

Hugill to Norwich on 07:01 - Aug 19 by Northernr

Not quite. They took over a Premier League team, we'd got there under Warnock, so at least the TV money from that season and the following parachute payments was our money, a good £200m there, all of it blown on footballers, agents and wages rather than infrastructure and things that would move our club forward long term. It is frightening when you think how much we and they have spent to get where we are now, well north of £500m.

It's good that they convert it into shares rather than just racking up debt, and at the moment it's costing them £8m-£10m a year to run a midtable Championship club and they're just continuing to do it. For all the "ffs bungle" you'd soon notice if they fcked off now, in fact you'd notice the first time payroll had to be met when we'd immediately become the new Bolton Wanderers and set off at quite a lick towards league games with Barrow.

I see the children on Twitter giving it this a lot - why aren't we protesting, get this board out, sort it out etc. Who, who, who the fck would buy a midtable Championship team with a tiny old stadium, a commitment to build a £17m new training ground to replace the one we have to move out of in a year, that costs the thick end of £1m a month just to keep going? In this climate, right now, at the moment? Fcking nobody is who.

Fernandes might.
Hugill to Norwich on 08:53 - Aug 19 with 2366 viewsBlue_Castello

Exactly the mistakes were made in the PAST , appointing Beard, Hughes and Redknapp without any control of Finances caused the problem with the then Chairman spending most of his time running his own company in the Far East.

We've moved on big time by Fernandes appointing Hoos and Ferdinand to run the Finances and then subsequently stepping back from the Chairmanship. The appointment of Bhatia as Chairman was another major step in the rebuilding process, he's a very astute businessman which was evident from clips in the 4 year plan, he appointed Saksena to oversee Finances and wanted to run a budget , a bloke who understands profit and loss, every club is a business.

We just have to look at the three relegated teams to realise what could happen if they walk away, Hull, Wigan and Charton have been shafted by their owners and it will happen again this season to any club whose owners are not prepared to keep bankrolling the Finances.
Hugill to Norwich on 09:02 - Aug 19 with 2328 viewsrsonist

Classic wummery, just move the timeframe around until you get an angle.
Hugill to Norwich on 09:04 - Aug 19 with 2323 viewsTheChef

Better the devil you know and all that.

Because if the owners do ever sell up, you know being QPR that we'll end up with the worst kind of asset strippers (especially being an inner London club).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Hugill to Norwich on 09:11 - Aug 19 with 2282 views2Thomas2Bowles

Condensed
The club is stuck with them, not "we" are stuck with them "we" can feck off any time, it's football, not life support.
..............................................................................................................................................

Yes, they (owners) made a real pig's ear of it but it was their money, not the clubs and not fans money.

Why they are still chucking good money (their own) at the club I don't really know, I'm very sure none of us would

The FA and Sky are the real villains. in England

We may also hate the FL for FFP but in principle, it would be a good thing but not while it's just not enforceable (or being enforced) throughout football.

Hugill
It is what it is.
JFH
[Post edited 19 Aug 2020 9:13]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Hugill to Norwich on 09:32 - Aug 19 with 2211 viewsloftus77

Really good discussion on here IMHO - but I guess 2 pages of interesting debate can really be condensed to 2 simple words:

'Parachute' and 'payments'.

That's it - that's all there is.
Hugill to Norwich on 09:35 - Aug 19 with 2192 viewsBAWHoops

So we managed to loan in 2 strikers last season who have since been sold for £5m and £4m

Man we had a good attack last season.

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Hugill to Norwich on 09:36 - Aug 19 with 2190 viewsfrancisbowles

Norwich, the club that learnt from our mistakes. Got promoted, kept the money.
Hugill to Norwich on 09:47 - Aug 19 with 2127 viewsBlue_Castello

Hugill to Norwich on 09:36 - Aug 19 by francisbowles

Norwich, the club that learnt from our mistakes. Got promoted, kept the money.

Yup it's a no brainer, West Brom are very happy to do the same and as per their song they are proud of bouncing between the divisions.

Norwich seem to have learnt lessons from the past and have reinvested the Maddison and Murphy money very wisely, that helped get them promoted and when they got there knew not to blow it all on a very slim chance of avoiding relegstion.
Hugill to Norwich on 10:24 - Aug 19 with 2016 viewsPaddyhoops

Farke that!! We'll miss him .
Miss 3 score 1 striker! With the amount of chances we create he would have got a lot again this season.
Hugill to Norwich on 10:31 - Aug 19 with 1967 viewsCiderwithRsie

Hugill to Norwich on 07:02 - Aug 19 by distortR

not going to 'like' your post because i don't like it on so many levels, but i do agree with you, if you see what i mean!

Same
Hugill to Norwich on 10:38 - Aug 19 with 1952 viewsPinnerPaul

Hugill to Norwich on 09:47 - Aug 19 by Blue_Castello

Yup it's a no brainer, West Brom are very happy to do the same and as per their song they are proud of bouncing between the divisions.

Norwich seem to have learnt lessons from the past and have reinvested the Maddison and Murphy money very wisely, that helped get them promoted and when they got there knew not to blow it all on a very slim chance of avoiding relegstion.

May well be the 'sensible' thing to do, but can you imagine the reaction on here and elsewhere if we went up and didn't spend a penny on new players?
Hugill to Norwich on 10:39 - Aug 19 with 1948 viewsCiderwithRsie

Very fair points, Clive.

Also, the way they spent the money gave us all a lot of unnecessary misery by having to watch and "support" players who didn't deserve it. It damaged the rep of the club long-term.

It's still true that they've shovelled cash into he club and still do. Tango and Cash were worse IMO but fact remains that a week or so before they showed up I genuinely feared the club would go out of existence. It's sick but that's the way football is.
Hugill to Norwich on 11:19 - Aug 19 with 1865 viewsrsonist

If you're going up as champions by miles, little debt, set-up in decent nick, with a young mostly homegrown side featuring five players that might fetch £100m from CL clubs - that's not a very slim chance of avoiding relegation. They blew it, and took it lying down. They weren't Burnley.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024