Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hogan Ephraim Interview 09:52 - Oct 9 with 8799 viewsNorthernr

Agent tales, TGI Friday's with Paulo Sousa, Kevin Bond isn't just Redknapp's driver, and more...

Subscribe to LFW Patreon to listen to it...
https://www.patreon.com/LoftForWords

Or read it for free here...
Part one https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/53067
Part two https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/53068/

This post has been edited by an administrator
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 12:40 - Oct 10 with 2162 viewsnick_hammersmith

What’s the best way to listen? I found that on the iPhone the audio stops when the screen locks. Is there a better way?
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 14:13 - Oct 10 with 2078 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hogan Ephraim Interview on 12:40 - Oct 10 by nick_hammersmith

What’s the best way to listen? I found that on the iPhone the audio stops when the screen locks. Is there a better way?

I listen on an iPhone and that doesn't happen to me, Nick.

Maybe settings?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Hogan Ephraim Interview on 14:30 - Oct 10 with 2063 viewsfrancisbowles

I can't be bothered listening to long podcasts so I read it and it's a bloody good insight into what was going on over about a five year period.
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 15:30 - Oct 10 with 2036 viewsNorthernr

Hogan Ephraim Interview on 12:40 - Oct 10 by nick_hammersmith

What phone are you on mate? You need the Patreon app to be allowed to ‘run in background’ in settings. If it already is set to that try turning background off then turning it back to on again.
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 15:42 - Oct 10 with 2024 viewsgigiisourgod

Hogan Ephraim Interview on 12:14 - Oct 10 by Northernr

I’d heard at the time that basically the team didn’t understand him/ignored him and did their own thing. Tactics decided in the huddle before kick off and senior players in charge etc.

Kind of worked though, was a great time to be alive. Pattern of play etc was all spot on. Guess we had watched years of shit and now we were getting some decent players in. Tearing teams apart or getting torn apart, a really unpredictable but enjoyable era.
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 16:17 - Oct 10 with 2011 viewsnick_hammersmith

Hogan Ephraim Interview on 15:30 - Oct 10 by Northernr

What phone are you on mate? You need the Patreon app to be allowed to ‘run in background’ in settings. If it already is set to that try turning background off then turning it back to on again.

Thanks I’ll use the app. I think I was using the web browser which explains it
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 16:37 - Oct 10 with 1998 viewsjoe90

Fascinating read. It never fails to amaze me what a chaotic and ruthless world football is.
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 17:39 - Oct 10 with 1950 viewsdaveB

Hogan Ephraim Interview on 20:03 - Oct 9 by Hunterhoop

In part 1, who do we think the old boys were who kept going over the bosses’ heads to Briatore and Paladini, and who tried to dump Hogan in re. his lifestyle?

The only one that springs to my mind is Rowlands. Was Gallen still around? Birch? It feels later than that, but it was such a transient time I can barely remember who was around for long then.

Gallen and Bircham had gone by then, from memory I think senior players around then would have been Rowlands and Ainsworth although quite a few older italian players came in like Tomassi so might have meant them
Login to get fewer ads

Hogan Ephraim Interview on 17:51 - Oct 10 with 1938 viewsqprd

finally got around to signing up for the patreon

looking forward to listening
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 18:34 - Oct 10 with 1913 viewsW7Ranger

Cracking interview. And Hogan was a huge part of that promotion team. When you watch back that season review they showed in the summer, he was superb! A real integral part of that unbeaten run.

Also great to hear that Walker didn't "want to" go to Villa and that Routledge really wanted a permanent move. Think we missed out on that one. And may also have meant not having to buy SWP!!
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 9:17]
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 20:38 - Oct 10 with 1836 viewsfrancisbowles

Hogan Ephraim Interview on 18:34 - Oct 10 by W7Ranger

Cracking interview. And Hogan was a huge part of that promotion team. When you watch back that season review they showed in the summer, he was superb! A real integral part of that unbeaten run.

Also great to hear that Walker didn't "want to" go to Villa and that Routledge really wanted a permanent move. Think we missed out on that one. And may also have meant not having to buy SWP!!
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 9:17]

But Walker did go to Villa, he was only with us for the first half of the season.
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 20:44 - Oct 10 with 1831 viewsW7Ranger

Hogan Ephraim Interview on 20:38 - Oct 10 by francisbowles

But Walker did go to Villa, he was only with us for the first half of the season.

Apologies. I missed out a couple of words. Didn't "want to" go to Villa.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 9:18]
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 21:36 - Oct 10 with 1799 viewsqprd

Clive this is rly fantastic content... rly enjoyed listening so far
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 09:16 - Oct 11 with 1629 viewsstevec

Love Hogans bit on Warnock at the end of part one.

An uncomplicated man in an unnecessarily complicated world, marvellous.
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 11:49 - Oct 11 with 1560 viewsrobith

I have to say when I saw "Hogan Ephraim" I was like "....really?"

Genuinely fantastic
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 12:50 - Oct 11 with 1543 viewsNorthernr

Hogan Ephraim Interview on 11:49 - Oct 11 by robith

I have to say when I saw "Hogan Ephraim" I was like "....really?"

Genuinely fantastic

Nah I knew he’d be good, he came in the pub before the QPR Pod one night when I was on a few years ago and I found him really interesting then.
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 13:08 - Oct 11 with 1536 viewsrobith

Hogan Ephraim Interview on 12:50 - Oct 11 by Northernr

Nah I knew he’d be good, he came in the pub before the QPR Pod one night when I was on a few years ago and I found him really interesting then.

it was so interesting. Fascinating to see a guy who's gone "can't do it at the level I want, I'm gonna stop"
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 19:49 - Oct 11 with 1407 viewsloftboy

“You wouldn’t get Adel up to Doncaster” made me lol.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Hogan Ephraim Interview on 20:45 - Oct 11 with 1385 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

This is a really great interview Clive. Although I somehow managed to listen to the first half part one but accidentally listened to the second half of part 2 afterwards without realising

Will listen to the rest during the week. So much detail makes it feel like you're there somehow.

You should definitely line up Daniele Dichio btw. Also has anybody ever interviewed the Mexican Hat fan who sits in the main stand? I forget his name. I think he's related to Dichio, uncle or something.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Hogan Ephraim Interview on 11:31 - Oct 12 with 1194 viewsBklynRanger

Just finished it. Great stuff. He has a sort of pragmatic view of his abilities - very open about players being better than him, open about not having a lot of pace, but at the same time knew that he'd come up playing at a certain standard with a certain quality of players around him.

One thing we sometimes don't acknowledge enough, I think, is how many layers and leagues there are in football, and what a spectrum of ability there is. I think Hogan's a good example of that - he and we both knew he had certain qualities and certain limitations, but he'd flirted with the highest echelons and clearly didn't feel like he wanted to drop down further than he was comfortable - fair play imho.

Sad that he went through the treatment he did, which had to have played a big part in him falling out of love with playing. Kevin Bond sounds like a right arsehole - spent the best part of a year acting like a tvvat without even quickly checking Hogan's background and experience - we've all worked with tossers like that.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 11:32]
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 13:35 - Oct 12 with 1122 viewsNorthernr

Hogan Ephraim Interview on 11:31 - Oct 12 by BklynRanger

Just finished it. Great stuff. He has a sort of pragmatic view of his abilities - very open about players being better than him, open about not having a lot of pace, but at the same time knew that he'd come up playing at a certain standard with a certain quality of players around him.

One thing we sometimes don't acknowledge enough, I think, is how many layers and leagues there are in football, and what a spectrum of ability there is. I think Hogan's a good example of that - he and we both knew he had certain qualities and certain limitations, but he'd flirted with the highest echelons and clearly didn't feel like he wanted to drop down further than he was comfortable - fair play imho.

Sad that he went through the treatment he did, which had to have played a big part in him falling out of love with playing. Kevin Bond sounds like a right arsehole - spent the best part of a year acting like a tvvat without even quickly checking Hogan's background and experience - we've all worked with tossers like that.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2020 11:32]

Hell of a piano player though.
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 16:00 - Oct 12 with 1043 viewsnick_hammersmith

Just getting near the end of the audio now. Great interview Clive!
I’m always interested in what the players say and think. I’ve listened to a few similar on things like Undr the cosh. It’s funny when players get accused of a bad attitude then describe an anecdote where they show a bad attitude afterwards.
In the real world most of us have had a superior we don’t like or agree with it. Most of us don’t then piss around like kids though if we get pulled up
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 17:28 - Oct 12 with 988 viewsWadR

Thanks for this Clive. It made a 3 hour train journey fly by. Would pay for the Patreon anyway, for your years of brilliant writing, but these interviews have been an excellent perk.

Thought Ephraim was frank and insightful. Reminiscing about the 10/11 season was enjoyable to listen to, but the stuff about his early years at QPR and his loss of love for playing was really good.
Hogan Ephraim Interview on 18:16 - Oct 12 with 965 viewsAntti_Heinola

Brilliant interview thanks Clive.
I think, like you, Hogan has always come across very interestingly. Was surprised to see he was up next, but was pleased because he's clearly a thoughtful person. A fascinating interview. He's an interesting one, in love with the club despite it being a tumultuous time from start to finish while he was there, and yet at no point was he ever settled in the team. He had a few good runs here and there, but never quite a real regular. Yet pretty much every manager liked him - says a lot about his attitude and application I think. As fans, I think everyone liked him - he was a nice combination of determination and skill. I always wondered what happened to him, so was good to hear that too.
Thanks to Clive and thanks to Hogan for putting in a real shift of an interview!

Bare bones.

Hogan Ephraim Interview on 10:56 - Oct 13 with 692 viewsaston_hoop

Stuck it on while working thinking I'll maybe dip in and out and read through the bits I missed later, ended up engrossed for the whole thing. Hogan sounds like a really engaging bloke and it was a fascinating insight into not only the club but also his reasons for quitting (something I did always wonder, would have thought he'd have been in demand and it sounds like he was)

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024