Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shodipo to Oxford 16:17 - Oct 16 with 6948 viewsqpr1976

From BBC Sport
Shodipo to Oxford on 16:19 - Oct 16 with 6001 viewstoboboly

Official

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Shodipo to Oxford on 16:19 - Oct 16 with 6006 viewsOakR

On official as well https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/mide-shodipo-joins-oxford-united-on-loan-16

Whole season - hope it works out for him, I still hold high hopes for him.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Shodipo to Oxford on 16:27 - Oct 16 with 5950 viewsgazza1

More good business......
Shodipo to Oxford on 20:50 - Oct 20 with 5637 viewsaston_hoop

Scored 3 mins into his debut, lovely finish too

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Shodipo to Oxford on 20:54 - Oct 20 with 5621 viewshamptonhillhoop

Shodipo to Oxford on 20:50 - Oct 20 by aston_hoop

Scored 3 mins into his debut, lovely finish too

Jacqui Oatley strangely said "A goal from Mide Shodipo, as he likes to be called".
Ben Gladwin's scored now
Shodipo to Oxford on 23:06 - Oct 20 with 5348 viewsbosh67

Good goal from Shodipo but Gladwin's was an absolute worldy. Shame it didn't work out for him here. 40 yard run, beats everyone and smashes it in from 25 yards. Fantastic solo effort.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Shodipo to Oxford on 10:53 - Oct 21 with 5016 viewsdanehoop

Shodipo to Oxford on 23:06 - Oct 20 by bosh67

Good goal from Shodipo but Gladwin's was an absolute worldy. Shame it didn't work out for him here. 40 yard run, beats everyone and smashes it in from 25 yards. Fantastic solo effort.

Agree Bosh. I liked what he brought to us, but at the time it was always a concern whether he would make the step up, think he has probably found his level at League 1.

Will always remember him for being the expensive player in the deal to bring him and Luongo to us from Swindon. Nothing dodgy at all in that approach which coincidently massively reduced the sell on fee that Swindon had to pay to Spurs when Luongo joined us.......

Never knowingly understood

Shodipo to Oxford on 11:14 - Oct 21 with 4962 viewsfrancisbowles

Shodipo to Oxford on 10:53 - Oct 21 by danehoop

Agree Bosh. I liked what he brought to us, but at the time it was always a concern whether he would make the step up, think he has probably found his level at League 1.

Will always remember him for being the expensive player in the deal to bring him and Luongo to us from Swindon. Nothing dodgy at all in that approach which coincidently massively reduced the sell on fee that Swindon had to pay to Spurs when Luongo joined us.......

Must be the nearest thing to 'getting one over' on Daniel Levy.
Login to get fewer ads

Shodipo to Oxford on 12:40 - Feb 11 with 4482 viewsBucksRanger

Little write up on Shodipo here.

https://davecohenfbl.medium.com/scouted-olamide-shodipo-74871f6597

Had no idea his full name is Olamide Oluwatimilehin Baba Babatunde Oluwaka Shodipo.

Shodipo to Oxford on 12:46 - Feb 11 with 4425 viewsNorthernr

Seems to score every week atm.
Shodipo to Oxford on 12:58 - Feb 11 with 4344 viewsdaveB

much like Paul Smyth looked very exciting when he first got a chance but was then never seen again in the first team apart from the odd sub appearance when the team were already losing. Pleased to see him doing well but a bit annoyed we've never really given him a go.
Shodipo to Oxford on 13:01 - Feb 11 with 4325 viewsMedwayR

Both have seen their progress stalled by lots of untimely and niggly injuries, and therefore unable to maximise their previous loan spells. I think they both might be useful as squad players but unlikely to be anything more than that now.

Poll: Who’s better?

Shodipo to Oxford on 13:08 - Feb 11 with 4288 viewsenfieldargh

He suffered an awful lot with injuries for several years which restricted his development.

Hopefully this stint with the team that doesn't exist will make him a good asset for us

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Shodipo to Oxford on 13:12 - Feb 11 with 4269 viewsSuperhoop83

Shodipo to Oxford on 13:01 - Feb 11 by MedwayR

Both have seen their progress stalled by lots of untimely and niggly injuries, and therefore unable to maximise their previous loan spells. I think they both might be useful as squad players but unlikely to be anything more than that now.

As the only player I have a little inside knowledge about, I heard a few years ago that he had very pushy family or agents - I can't recall which - but basically he was having his head turned and acting too big for his boots.

He has looked decent to me on his rare games for us and maybe he is now focusing on his football and fulfilling his promise? Given his recent form I certainly think he's worth looking at over the summer.

Suffering since 1978.

Shodipo to Oxford on 14:26 - Feb 11 with 4025 viewsfrancisbowles

Shodipo to Oxford on 13:12 - Feb 11 by Superhoop83

As the only player I have a little inside knowledge about, I heard a few years ago that he had very pushy family or agents - I can't recall which - but basically he was having his head turned and acting too big for his boots.

He has looked decent to me on his rare games for us and maybe he is now focusing on his football and fulfilling his promise? Given his recent form I certainly think he's worth looking at over the summer.

He didn't impress in the post lockdown games last season (started two, appeared in six others) or in his previous loans, from memory. However, I was impressed with him in the Oxford friendly last season and it's good to see him doing well there at the moment.

He still has another year on his contract so it will be an important summer for him.
Shodipo to Oxford on 14:48 - Feb 11 with 3959 viewsPeterHucker

Shodipo to Oxford on 14:26 - Feb 11 by francisbowles

He didn't impress in the post lockdown games last season (started two, appeared in six others) or in his previous loans, from memory. However, I was impressed with him in the Oxford friendly last season and it's good to see him doing well there at the moment.

He still has another year on his contract so it will be an important summer for him.

I like Shodipo and I think he has potential.
Agree that he didn't impress that much in the post-lockdown games but he was no worse than quite a few others.
He played in a few games around this time last year and looked good. He has some good skills and a decent cross on him. I'm hopeful that he will be a first teamer next season.
Shodipo to Oxford on 15:04 - Feb 11 with 3907 viewsrsonist

Shodipo to Oxford on 12:40 - Feb 11 by BucksRanger

Little write up on Shodipo here.

https://davecohenfbl.medium.com/scouted-olamide-shodipo-74871f6597

Had no idea his full name is Olamide Oluwatimilehin Baba Babatunde Oluwaka Shodipo.

Pretty good but I believe the winner is recent Luton signing Elijah Anuoluwapo Oluwaferanmi Oluwatomi Oluwalana Ayomikulehin Adebayo.
Shodipo to Oxford on 15:36 - Feb 11 with 3778 viewsBoston

Shodipo to Oxford on 15:04 - Feb 11 by rsonist

Pretty good but I believe the winner is recent Luton signing Elijah Anuoluwapo Oluwaferanmi Oluwatomi Oluwalana Ayomikulehin Adebayo.

Give us an ‘eee ee e’...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Shodipo to Oxford on 16:05 - Feb 11 with 3697 viewsgazza1

Lets hope he scorers more goals and Oxford sign him for a fee......or we release him asap. Been here for donkey years and never seen him play well. He must of cost us plenty of thousands of pounds playing for the U18, 19, 20 , 23s, Reserves, etc, etc, etc.....would not surprise me if he is still costing us.
Shodipo to Oxford on 19:24 - Feb 11 with 3414 viewsgolborne

Shodipo to Oxford on 14:48 - Feb 11 by PeterHucker

I like Shodipo and I think he has potential.
Agree that he didn't impress that much in the post-lockdown games but he was no worse than quite a few others.
He played in a few games around this time last year and looked good. He has some good skills and a decent cross on him. I'm hopeful that he will be a first teamer next season.

He wrapped his foot around the ball really well. Was far superior to bright and chair in that respect.
Shodipo to Oxford on 20:03 - Feb 11 with 3318 viewsMyke

Shodipo to Oxford on 16:05 - Feb 11 by gazza1

Lets hope he scorers more goals and Oxford sign him for a fee......or we release him asap. Been here for donkey years and never seen him play well. He must of cost us plenty of thousands of pounds playing for the U18, 19, 20 , 23s, Reserves, etc, etc, etc.....would not surprise me if he is still costing us.

You say 'costing' I say 'developing'. A very decent player who has been held back by injuries. Should we just have dumped him because he is unlucky with injuries? Kinda defeats the whole point doesn't it, if you give up early doors? Imagine how Milwall felt last summer when we were picking up circa 20M for Eze. Until Shodipo has an extended run, it's impossible to judge and he finally seems to be getting that. Never ceases to amaze me how quick we are to dismiss kids, just because they are not Ronaldo or Rooney at 17 or 18. He is still young enough to become a very decent player, always liked how he played for Ireland. Very direct, quick and delivers a decent ball.Seems to be adding goals to his game now too
Shodipo to Oxford on 21:35 - Feb 11 with 3153 viewsNorthLondonR

Shodipo to Oxford on 16:05 - Feb 11 by gazza1

I assume you weren't at the Leeds opening day fixture under Jimmy? He was superb that day and had so much confidence and energy. Sure let's hope we ship him off for nothing or someone picks him up cheap. He actually put in a few good shifts at the tail end of last season as well as looking great for Oxford, if he were theirs I would imagine we would be seriously looking at him being a rough diamond to develop. Look at Dom Ball, he terrifies me everytime he has the ball or everytime he needlessly tugs on the shoulder or shirt of an opposition player, but let's hope he gets a free or Oxford pay something? But do remember to hold onto this as a "i told you so moment"... I think he will be a good championship player personally
Shodipo to Oxford on 22:26 - Feb 11 with 3034 viewshighleverhoopL

The way he is going at Oxford, if we didn't already own him we'd probably be trying to sign him
Shodipo to Oxford on 23:33 - Feb 11 with 2938 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Kind of funny that Shodipo came up in 2016-17 in a mini-youth movement. That's when we started giving more looks to the Mannings, Furlongs, Smyths, etc. of the club.

I hope it works out for him here, but I wonder if he feels he needs to get away from QPR to kick on, as it seems he has with Oxford. Years of injuries, loans and being overlooked by managers may have him looking for a fresh start somewhere else, especially if Oxford somehow goes up this season.
Shodipo to Oxford on 09:39 - Feb 12 with 2742 viewsgazza1

Shodipo to Oxford on 20:03 - Feb 11 by Myke

You say 'costing' I say 'developing'. A very decent player who has been held back by injuries. Should we just have dumped him because he is unlucky with injuries? Kinda defeats the whole point doesn't it, if you give up early doors? Imagine how Milwall felt last summer when we were picking up circa 20M for Eze. Until Shodipo has an extended run, it's impossible to judge and he finally seems to be getting that. Never ceases to amaze me how quick we are to dismiss kids, just because they are not Ronaldo or Rooney at 17 or 18. He is still young enough to become a very decent player, always liked how he played for Ireland. Very direct, quick and delivers a decent ball.Seems to be adding goals to his game now too

Please tell me how he is a 'very decent' player?? At what level.....national league, league 1??. Not for QPR. If he was that 'very decent' surely at his age he would be a regular despite the injuries.

Get him off the books and stop wasting money that the club keep saying they are short of.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024