Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More var nonsense 13:59 - Nov 7 with 1523 viewsstowmarketrange

After last nights assault on Walcott not given as a penalty,we have the same today with Everton v Man Utd.Maguire taken out by 2 players,including Pickford again,and nothing given.
You can understand these mistakes if it’s just the officials on the pitch,but the Var official can see exactly what we can,and from several different angles.
It really is becoming a farce now.Either use it properly or scrap it.
More var nonsense on 14:17 - Nov 7 with 1476 viewsbollockchops

alan shearer will be foaming at the gob tonite
More var nonsense on 14:56 - Nov 7 with 1398 viewskarl

BT were very poor and never repeated the push by Maguire on Pickford chest/stomach as he went for the high ball, wasn't much but it was definite contact and I'm sure why the pen wasn't given.
More var nonsense on 14:59 - Nov 7 with 1392 viewsterryb

VAR not giving the penalty for Southampton last night was the worst VAR decesion that I've seen.

And that took some doing!
More var nonsense on 17:09 - Nov 7 with 1331 viewsbollockchops

apologies no big Alan,he is away goosing Naga Muncheti at the Hatfield Travelodge so tonite its Rangers favourite Jermaine Penis
More var nonsense on 18:48 - Nov 7 with 1250 viewsNorthernr

Funny because it's Leeds but the offside they had given against them at Palace today is a new low. Strikers no longer allowed to point where they want the ball being played, in case the little bit of their arm before it gets to the shoulder goes offside.

Some football's attitudes at the moment confuse me. Everybody agrees something is stupid - players, managers, pundits, referees if you actually got them off the record, and yet we plough on, and go deeper and deeper, ruining the game step by step.
More var nonsense on 19:00 - Nov 7 with 1223 viewsManinBlack

It seems the world has gone mad in 2020 so why not football too? It feels like each year gets progressively worse as I get older.
More var nonsense on 19:29 - Nov 7 with 1191 viewsdistortR

More var nonsense on 19:00 - Nov 7 by ManinBlack

It seems the world has gone mad in 2020 so why not football too? It feels like each year gets progressively worse as I get older.

The scary thing is, you're only 7.
What's it going to be like when you're in your 50's?
More var nonsense on 16:13 - Nov 8 with 1047 viewsPinnerPaul

More var nonsense on 18:48 - Nov 7 by Northernr

Funny because it's Leeds but the offside they had given against them at Palace today is a new low. Strikers no longer allowed to point where they want the ball being played, in case the little bit of their arm before it gets to the shoulder goes offside.

Some football's attitudes at the moment confuse me. Everybody agrees something is stupid - players, managers, pundits, referees if you actually got them off the record, and yet we plough on, and go deeper and deeper, ruining the game step by step.

Yep and although VERY unscientific , Gary Lineker said on MOTD that he asked on twitter if football fans wanted to keep VAR or ditch it and from a response of 250,000 - 75% wanted to ditch it.

The offside thing has become a joke now and even more than the stupid lines, what gets me is that as per law, offside is judged on the FIRST contact your teammate makes on the ball - now the pictures are nowhere near clear enough to get that exactly right, which means that the position of the 'offside' player isn't exactly right. Do agree with Mr Lineker, if you're going to use it for offside - use a 'normal' freeze frame - no lines, if too close to call using that method its ONSIDE YOU BUFFOONS! - Last two words are mine!
Login to get fewer ads

More var nonsense on 16:24 - Nov 8 with 1024 viewsBoston

V...Very
A...Awful
R...Reviewer.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

More var nonsense on 18:05 - Nov 8 with 973 viewsJuzzie

No lover of Leeds but yeah, that Bamford goal ruled offside was atrocious.
More var nonsense on 18:17 - Nov 8 with 944 viewsbakerloo8

Problem is people in the far east and the rest of the world that the Premier League relies on for hard cash couldn't give a monkey's about how football should be played and officiated and instead love the drama of it all. Controversy sells, so it will stay.

That Bamford decision yesterday, as Clive said damn funny as it was Weeds but that's probably the worst decision I've ever seen and I've seen Stuart Atwell officiate. Never offside in a million years. Scandalous.

Glad we're not in the Prem to witness this farce first hand.
More var nonsense on 20:28 - Nov 8 with 852 viewsBoston

‘ow come no-one ever organized a petition objecting to this nonsense? Circulate it (when crowds are allowed back), through the football grounds, sure nothing will probably happen, but a million signatures makes people aware .

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

More var nonsense on 09:34 - Nov 9 with 717 viewsPinnerPaul

More var nonsense on 20:28 - Nov 8 by Boston

‘ow come no-one ever organized a petition objecting to this nonsense? Circulate it (when crowds are allowed back), through the football grounds, sure nothing will probably happen, but a million signatures makes people aware .

Gary Lineker's poll on twitter is a start!
More var nonsense on 10:57 - Nov 9 with 684 viewsOakR

More var nonsense on 18:48 - Nov 7 by Northernr

I actually VAR would improve massively if they just decided not to use it for offsides, that Bamford one was incredible. Or maybe change it as Wenger or someone said, so that if one of your feet is onside, your onside. Either way but so you make it more that it has to be clear seperation.

I actually think VAR could be and should be good, it's just been implemented terribly. It should have a hige benefit which is to cut out diving for penalties, review sending offs for fouls (when play is stopped already).

The issue that will never be resolved though, is those greay areas where it's 50/50 and whatever decision the ref or the VAR person makes, half world goes mad at and the other half celebrate. The clear and obvious error is really what should be used, to basically stop things where refs have really missed something for whatever reason, and they just need to decide quickly - they almost need a timer, if you can't decide in a minute or something decision stays as it is (I know that wouldn't work).

Poll: Will we stay up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024