Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Animals on the pitch 14:27 - Nov 9 with 2192 viewsRangersDave

No, not Joey Barton.... however....

i seem to remember, back in the day seeing 5 animals on the pitch at HQ at separate times in the 80's....

A fox
Dog
Cat
Horse
Squirrel

Has anyone seen other animals either at HQ or at another match they have attended (must have attended)?

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Animals on the pitch on 14:45 - Nov 9 with 2143 viewsJuzzie

Even though they were before my time, here's five animals I'd like to have seen on the pitch.

As far as non-human versions go, I can't recall any others unless pigeons and other birds count.
Animals on the pitch on 14:46 - Nov 9 with 2138 viewsloftboy

A few Chelsea fans came on the pitch at Maccas testimonial, does that count?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Animals on the pitch on 16:30 - Nov 9 with 2083 viewsNed_Kennedys

Wasn't there a chinchilla on the pitch during the otherwise dull 0-0 against Chesterfield in 2002?
Also rumours of an otter seen by what is now known as the School End against Rotherham in the early 50s: probably a wet cat though.
Animals on the pitch on 16:40 - Nov 9 with 2065 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I saw Hereford play at Wembley a few years back, and they rocked up with Ronaldo a Hereford bull. Although, this could be knocked out on a technicality as the bovine beast only walked around the pitch.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Animals on the pitch on 17:48 - Nov 9 with 2009 viewselnombre

Didn't the Gulf Air sponsors turn up with hawks at half time one year?
Animals on the pitch on 18:05 - Nov 9 with 1992 viewsBoston

Jude

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Animals on the pitch on 18:23 - Nov 9 with 1970 viewsnix

Animals on the pitch on 18:05 - Nov 9 by Boston

Jude

Jude the cat (the actual cat, not the guy in the suit) once sat on my lap on match day. And didn't turn a whisker when we scored and the entire South Africa Road. Lovely old fella.

The squirrel day was hysterical. The referee just didn't cope. Didn't see any of the rest of the menagerie.
Animals on the pitch on 22:40 - Nov 9 with 1883 viewsNordicR

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Login to get fewer ads

Animals on the pitch on 22:55 - Nov 9 with 1865 viewsBoston

Animals on the pitch on 22:40 - Nov 9 by NordicR

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

...’cept when it’s a police K9 hanging off yer arm.

Animals on the pitch on 23:05 - Nov 9 with 1862 viewsNewBee

Belfast side Glentoran FC, or 'The Glens', are also known as 'The Cock and Hens' - they have a cockerel on their badge:

Before the 1985 Irish Cup Final against their Big Two rivals, Linfield, they released a cockerel onto the pitch.

But just so Linfield wouldn't feel left out, they also brought something for them, with the Linfield manager's name on it for good measure:

[Post edited 9 Nov 2020 23:07]
Animals on the pitch on 23:43 - Nov 9 with 1841 viewsaston_hoop

Could invite Derby to bring their Ram or Blackburn their chickens one year I suppose.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Animals on the pitch on 00:08 - Nov 10 with 1825 viewsDannyPaddox

Animals on the pitch on 16:40 - Nov 9 by PlanetHonneywood

I saw Hereford play at Wembley a few years back, and they rocked up with Ronaldo a Hereford bull. Although, this could be knocked out on a technicality as the bovine beast only walked around the pitch.

If that was the one where Hereford went one up early against Morpeth but ended up well and truly Morpethed (lost 4-1 in the end ) I was at the same game. I was there with a Hereford mate who said basically the whole of Hereford was there. He said it was like a weird dream as he randomly pointed out people in the concourse before the game. "Used to get bladdered with him when I was 18. That's my old maths teacher. Shagged her. Oh look last I heard he was living in Hong Kong" At least I think he was talking about different people.

Re: The Bull, I remember going to a Hereford Arsenal FA Cup game in the mid 80s where they paraded a bull around and on the pitch before the game and then sacrificed it in the centre-circle just before kick-off.

I did see Coppola's Apocalypse Now for the first time around then so could be mixing them up.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 11:38]
Animals on the pitch on 00:14 - Nov 10 with 1817 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I remember a Hereford FA Cup game when I was a kid and they brought a Herefordshire bull on before the match.

Is it still a thing?

Edit: Spackman
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 1:06]
Animals on the pitch on 00:23 - Nov 10 with 1812 viewsNewBee

Brentford gk Chic Brodie had this encounter with a dog on the pitch at Colchester:

Hope you didn't all laugh - it ended his professional career
Animals on the pitch on 00:57 - Nov 10 with 1801 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Animals on the pitch on 00:08 - Nov 10 by DannyPaddox

If that was the one where Hereford went one up early against Morpeth but ended up well and truly Morpethed (lost 4-1 in the end ) I was at the same game. I was there with a Hereford mate who said basically the whole of Hereford was there. He said it was like a weird dream as he randomly pointed out people in the concourse before the game. "Used to get bladdered with him when I was 18. That's my old maths teacher. Shagged her. Oh look last I heard he was living in Hong Kong" At least I think he was talking about different people.

Re: The Bull, I remember going to a Hereford Arsenal FA Cup game in the mid 80s where they paraded a bull around and on the pitch before the game and then sacrificed it in the centre-circle just before kick-off.

I did see Coppola's Apocalypse Now for the first time around then so could be mixing them up.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2020 11:38]

The same game and the same experience.

Next time Hereford get to Wembley, I’m going to go on the rob up there because there can’t be anyone left behind.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Animals on the pitch on 06:43 - Nov 10 with 1737 viewsdistortR

Animals on the pitch on 00:23 - Nov 10 by NewBee

Brentford gk Chic Brodie had this encounter with a dog on the pitch at Colchester:

Hope you didn't all laugh - it ended his professional career

oh shit, it did - torn ligaments.

life can be a bitch.....
Animals on the pitch on 11:27 - Nov 10 with 1662 viewsW7Ranger

Animals on the pitch on 11:33 - Nov 10 with 1657 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Remember in '82 at the cup final one member of the Shepherds Bush brigade, waving a frozen chicken around on the end of a pole.
Animals on the pitch on 11:35 - Nov 10 with 1655 viewsKonk

I've seen the bull being paraded round the pitch when I've been to Hereford with Fulham. FC Koln's mascot is a goat - seen that on the pitch before a game out there. My mate took her dog to watch Hibs once as she didn't have time to take it home from the vets before the match started. Didn't get on the pitch, but it's not often you see pets in the stands.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Animals on the pitch on 13:16 - Nov 10 with 1608 viewsNed_Kennedys

Animals on the pitch on 11:35 - Nov 10 by Konk

I've seen the bull being paraded round the pitch when I've been to Hereford with Fulham. FC Koln's mascot is a goat - seen that on the pitch before a game out there. My mate took her dog to watch Hibs once as she didn't have time to take it home from the vets before the match started. Didn't get on the pitch, but it's not often you see pets in the stands.

Animals on the pitch on 13:20 - Nov 10 with 1596 viewsW7Ranger

Animals on the pitch on 13:16 - Nov 10 by Ned_Kennedys

Timothy West and Tony Blair in the front row there...
Animals on the pitch on 15:08 - Nov 10 with 1555 viewsR_from_afar

A Eurasian eagle owl turned up at this international. Look at the video 1:27 in, where it perches on the crossbar with a look that seems to say: "Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough".

Ever since, the Finnish team has been nicknamed ‘Huuhkajat’–the eagle-owls.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Animals on the pitch on 00:58 - Nov 14 with 1387 viewsBoston

What about this cock?

Animals on the pitch on 02:27 - Nov 14 with 1363 viewsFredManRave

Animals on the pitch on 00:58 - Nov 14 by Boston

What about this cock?

First cock and now Bull;

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/apr-1998-steve-bull-of-wolves-fends-off-a-t

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024