Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread 01:17 - Nov 21 with 24369 viewsBoston

Us 2 dem 0

Still laugh to this day remembering the days (40 odd years ago), that they were going to turn us over at Vicarage Rd. The comments the following week😀

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:13 - Nov 21 with 1602 viewsPinnerPaul

On the ref, thought the only biggie wrong was the Barbet non pen. A LITTLE grappling by Barbet beforehand, but that's a pen.

None of the other pen shouts, pens for me and all yellows looked OK.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:22 - Nov 21 with 1486 viewsessextaxiboy

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:10 - Nov 21 by Watford_Ranger

Don’t think it’s a coincidence Carroll was very good with more creative players around him.

For balance, I really did think he was terrible first half but certainly redeemed himself.

I am thinking of all that interplay between Him Chair and Wallace in the first half , he must have recycled possession a dozen times. He is the best passer of the ball at the club IMO .
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:23 - Nov 21 with 1468 viewsWadR

Bright put in a couple of fantastic low crosses that could've resulted in goals with better anticipation from others. He's also just come back from injury and gets kicked to sht every game p much.

RE: Carroll - there was occasional sloppiness but he's such an intelligent player and really helps us play through the lines. The outside of the foot cross for Dykes and the dinked ball for Barbet towards the end were both beautiful.

Very enjoyable second half, wonderful team goal and generally responded well to conceding a soft early goal. Lots to like!

Only real criticism is Warbs' keen-ness to have his no.10 as a presser. I get the rationale but with Amos and Thomas unavailable, I think we have to be more positive. Ball was fine in the first hour but we looked so much better with Chair in there - we move the ball quicker, look more balanced and created far more.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:25 - Nov 21 with 1436 viewsPinnerPaul

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:23 - Nov 21 by WadR

Bright put in a couple of fantastic low crosses that could've resulted in goals with better anticipation from others. He's also just come back from injury and gets kicked to sht every game p much.

RE: Carroll - there was occasional sloppiness but he's such an intelligent player and really helps us play through the lines. The outside of the foot cross for Dykes and the dinked ball for Barbet towards the end were both beautiful.

Very enjoyable second half, wonderful team goal and generally responded well to conceding a soft early goal. Lots to like!

Only real criticism is Warbs' keen-ness to have his no.10 as a presser. I get the rationale but with Amos and Thomas unavailable, I think we have to be more positive. Ball was fine in the first hour but we looked so much better with Chair in there - we move the ball quicker, look more balanced and created far more.

Not much to argue with there!
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:27 - Nov 21 with 1418 viewsdavman

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 15:53 - Nov 21 by joolsyp

0-1 h/t. I thought that was an enjoyable half if you ignore Conor's brain-fart in the 3rd min. Both teams very open. Bonne should have scored for us, Ball nearly scored and Barbet was close with the free-kick. Chair's movement causing them problems and Bright's pace down the right. Wallace really struggling with Firminio on the left though. This game def has more goals in it, next goal is crucial.

I am nowhere near Glasgow Rangers Captain's biggest fan, but I have absolutely no idea where you got the idea Wallace struggled today. He was solid enough I thought.

Scapegoatery?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:33 - Nov 21 with 1358 viewsessextaxiboy

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:27 - Nov 21 by davman

I am nowhere near Glasgow Rangers Captain's biggest fan, but I have absolutely no idea where you got the idea Wallace struggled today. He was solid enough I thought.

Scapegoatery?

He was good going forward , but got caught with those big diagonals in behind him , one of which needed a great save from Dieng . Fair play to Warburton making the sub which seemed to fix it .
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:35 - Nov 21 with 1344 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Hitting a bit of consistency in performance now. Long may it continue.

Fcking mistakes though! I have no idea how you even begin to cut those out.

Carroll beginning to look like a decent creator of chances. Willock bright again.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 17:44]
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:37 - Nov 21 with 1327 viewsdavman

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 16:45 - Nov 21 by Match82

And again with Barbet. Poor refereeing

Sorry that is cheating.

Bonnie's one was clear cut - if you don't think it's a peno, book him for diving, but I can see how he wasn't sure.

But that Barbet one was a disgrace. Sorry, Pinner, but that is either a criminally incompetent ref or a cheat. No other explanation. He may have thought that Barbet pushed their player first, but he'd never have given that as a foul unless Barbet was hauled down.

I know it's lockdown, I know it's just one of 10,000 meaningless Championship games, but I am still fuming. Should have been a pen and three points.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:38 - Nov 21 with 1320 viewsPinnerPaul

https://www.watfordfc.com/match-report/match-report-queens-park-rangers-1-1-watf

Probably one of the fairest club site reports I've read!
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:38 - Nov 21 with 1309 viewsessextaxiboy

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:35 - Nov 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Hitting a bit of consistency in performance now. Long may it continue.

Fcking mistakes though! I have no idea how you even begin to cut those out.

Carroll beginning to look like a decent creator of chances. Willock bright again.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 17:44]

How many goals have we conceded where the opposition has actually created and scored .....Not that many.
Its only 12 games in and we have already gifted loads of points .
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:43 - Nov 21 with 1261 viewsPinnerPaul

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:38 - Nov 21 by essextaxiboy

How many goals have we conceded where the opposition has actually created and scored .....Not that many.
Its only 12 games in and we have already gifted loads of points .

I know what you mean and some of the goals conceded have been pretty poor, but in the end , all goals are someone's fault.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:46 - Nov 21 with 1236 viewsjoolsyp

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:27 - Nov 21 by davman

Scapegoatery?

Not at all. We improved markedly when Nico came on at h/t - Wallace was being caught time and again by long diags in the first half. Not really helped it must be said by whoever was supposed to be playing left midfield/wing who did little to support him.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:50 - Nov 21 with 1211 viewsPinnerPaul

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:46 - Nov 21 by joolsyp

Not at all. We improved markedly when Nico came on at h/t - Wallace was being caught time and again by long diags in the first half. Not really helped it must be said by whoever was supposed to be playing left midfield/wing who did little to support him.

Funny how we all see the same game differently I thought Wallace was very average in the first half as well and Nico was much better, although tbf Watford were also much better in the first half.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:56 - Nov 21 with 1178 viewsderbyhoop

Decent performance and deserved point. Against a side that ought to be challenging for promotion.

I think Wallace aggravated an injury but Niko did his usual solid job (6/10). I can't think of many bad performances but not really any outstanding ones either.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:58 - Nov 21 with 1153 viewshamptonhillhoop

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:38 - Nov 21 by PinnerPaul

https://www.watfordfc.com/match-report/match-report-queens-park-rangers-1-1-watf

Probably one of the fairest club site reports I've read!

And a bit weird
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 18:03 - Nov 21 with 1124 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:56 - Nov 21 by derbyhoop

Decent performance and deserved point. Against a side that ought to be challenging for promotion.

I think Wallace aggravated an injury but Niko did his usual solid job (6/10). I can't think of many bad performances but not really any outstanding ones either.

Can I just say that "ought" is a word that doesn't get used enough.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 18:05 - Nov 21 with 1112 viewsVancouverHoop

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 16:57 - Nov 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Who else, do you think?

Not being sparky, just curious.

Not sure. Niko and Willock made a huge difference, but they didn't play the whole match. Of those that did, Kane, or maybe even Barbet, but really no one was head and shoulders above anyone else (especially on corners [sorry!]) today.

I thought, overall, Carroll did play well today, but I don't think he'll ever be a player that stands out. One who will grab a match by the scruff of the neck and dominate it. He's a very good passer, and can read the game well. He could also be an excellent provider for our strikers, if he can find them. On the downside he doesn't impose himself on games, tends to disappear at times, and is a very poor tackler, (at one point I thought he was going to get a second yellow today.) I don't think he's too tentative, but often gives that impression.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 18:12 - Nov 21 with 1077 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 18:05 - Nov 21 by VancouverHoop

Not sure. Niko and Willock made a huge difference, but they didn't play the whole match. Of those that did, Kane, or maybe even Barbet, but really no one was head and shoulders above anyone else (especially on corners [sorry!]) today.

I thought, overall, Carroll did play well today, but I don't think he'll ever be a player that stands out. One who will grab a match by the scruff of the neck and dominate it. He's a very good passer, and can read the game well. He could also be an excellent provider for our strikers, if he can find them. On the downside he doesn't impose himself on games, tends to disappear at times, and is a very poor tackler, (at one point I thought he was going to get a second yellow today.) I don't think he's too tentative, but often gives that impression.

Ya, lots of great analysis in there to ponder.

Masterson played a great game, apart from his slice.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 18:13 - Nov 21 with 1077 viewsVancouverHoop

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:37 - Nov 21 by davman

Sorry that is cheating.

Bonnie's one was clear cut - if you don't think it's a peno, book him for diving, but I can see how he wasn't sure.

But that Barbet one was a disgrace. Sorry, Pinner, but that is either a criminally incompetent ref or a cheat. No other explanation. He may have thought that Barbet pushed their player first, but he'd never have given that as a foul unless Barbet was hauled down.

I know it's lockdown, I know it's just one of 10,000 meaningless Championship games, but I am still fuming. Should have been a pen and three points.

Being generous, from the replay it's possible his view was obscured. The lino on the other side of the incident should have had a clear view.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 18:30 - Nov 21 with 982 viewsjoe90

Didn't watch the game today, but from what gleamed from the BBC updates was a good result.

Looked like we dug in and turned the game around second half and got a well earned point.

Was that the case?

Going into the match I thought we'd lose, so I'm very happy to see us come from behind salvage something.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 18:33 - Nov 21 with 973 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 18:13 - Nov 21 by VancouverHoop

Being generous, from the replay it's possible his view was obscured. The lino on the other side of the incident should have had a clear view.

very generous, if his view was obscured, why give it the other way?!

Bare bones.

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 18:36 - Nov 21 with 954 viewsVancouverHoop

GPWM
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 18:47 - Nov 21 with 910 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 18:12 - Nov 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, lots of great analysis in there to ponder.

Masterson played a great game, apart from his slice.

I've got Chair as MOM. He won a header in the first half! Apart from that tireless running, accurate passing, intelligent play and good set pieces throughout. Topped off with a lovely goal. Seems to have found a 'yard' of pace from somewhere too over the international break.

Seny Dieng makes such a difference. Making the game look easy at the moment. I think Watford were looking to target him and Masterson but apart from their goal both excelled.

Kane 👍

I could go on but I won't. It's only one game and we need to show this level of performance more often.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 18:59 - Nov 21 with 867 viewsNorthernr

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:13 - Nov 21 by PinnerPaul

On the ref, thought the only biggie wrong was the Barbet non pen. A LITTLE grappling by Barbet beforehand, but that's a pen.

That's kind. I thought the Bonne one would be given nine times out of ten and is a penalty. The Barbet one is disgusting. To not only not give it, but to penalise Barbet, I just can't even speak. Shocking decision.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 19:01 - Nov 21 with 859 viewsMatch82

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:13 - Nov 21 by PinnerPaul

That one right before Barbet on Masterson looked clear cut to me. They showed a replay from behind the goal, their player grabs Masterson's shirt and hold onto it all the way through the cross coming in, the ball bouncing around, and still had hold of it and is tugging back when Masterson hours to try and poke it in
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024