Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread 01:17 - Nov 21 with 24301 viewsBoston

Us 2 dem 0

Still laugh to this day remembering the days (40 odd years ago), that they were going to turn us over at Vicarage Rd. The comments the following week😀

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 19:13 - Nov 21 with 1274 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 18:47 - Nov 21 by CliveWilsonSaid

I've got Chair as MOM. He won a header in the first half! Apart from that tireless running, accurate passing, intelligent play and good set pieces throughout. Topped off with a lovely goal. Seems to have found a 'yard' of pace from somewhere too over the international break.

Seny Dieng makes such a difference. Making the game look easy at the moment. I think Watford were looking to target him and Masterson but apart from their goal both excelled.

Kane 👍

I could go on but I won't. It's only one game and we need to show this level of performance more often.

Wouldn't argue with Chair as MOTM, or any of your post Clive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 20:09 - Nov 21 with 1160 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 19:13 - Nov 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Wouldn't argue with Chair as MOTM, or any of your post Clive.

Still joint 16th Brian! 👁

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 20:42 - Nov 21 with 1092 viewscolinallcars

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 20:09 - Nov 21 by CliveWilsonSaid

Still joint 16th Brian! 👁

We'll make the hyper-space leap into 15th with a point against Rotherham.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 20:51 - Nov 21 with 1079 viewsDorse

I know we didn't win but this result feels pretty darned good.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 21:02 - Nov 21 with 1066 viewsswisscottage

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:27 - Nov 21 by davman

I am nowhere near Glasgow Rangers Captain's biggest fan, but I have absolutely no idea where you got the idea Wallace struggled today. He was solid enough I thought.

Scapegoatery?

The Difference between Wallace and Niko was huge.

Wallace gives us bugger all going forward, his positioning is suspect, and he has little pace. We always look vulnerable down our left when he plays, and he scares the living daylights out of me when I think he's going to make a challenge in the box.

He's a league one player at best.

Niko has already eclipsed him as he grows in confidence each game his crosses, and cross field balls were subline, and he was instrumental in the goal.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 10:01 - Nov 22 with 866 viewsderbyhoop

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 19:01 - Nov 21 by Match82

That one right before Barbet on Masterson looked clear cut to me. They showed a replay from behind the goal, their player grabs Masterson's shirt and hold onto it all the way through the cross coming in, the ball bouncing around, and still had hold of it and is tugging back when Masterson hours to try and poke it in

Thought Masterson one was 6 and 2x3s. But Barbet one was as clear cut as you get

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 10:03 - Nov 22 with 866 viewsLongsufferingR

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 18:59 - Nov 21 by Northernr

That's kind. I thought the Bonne one would be given nine times out of ten and is a penalty. The Barbet one is disgusting. To not only not give it, but to penalise Barbet, I just can't even speak. Shocking decision.

At the time I thought Bonne made the most of what wasn't even a real challenge by the Watford player, and tbh after seeing it a few more times, my opinion hasn't changed. I would be livid if an opposition player won a penalty against us like that.

The Barbet one is a disgraceful decision though. Looks like he gave the free kick against Cameron, but I doubt he'd have given a penalty for such a nothing challenge as Cameron's was.

Anyway, really happy with the performance overall. Couldn't see how we were going to break them down until that superb passing move.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 10:04]
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 10:09 - Nov 22 with 855 viewssupahoopsa

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:37 - Nov 21 by davman

Sorry that is cheating.

Bonnie's one was clear cut - if you don't think it's a peno, book him for diving, but I can see how he wasn't sure.

But that Barbet one was a disgrace. Sorry, Pinner, but that is either a criminally incompetent ref or a cheat. No other explanation. He may have thought that Barbet pushed their player first, but he'd never have given that as a foul unless Barbet was hauled down.

I know it's lockdown, I know it's just one of 10,000 meaningless Championship games, but I am still fuming. Should have been a pen and three points.

Watch the EFL highlights on Quest, they slow down the penalty shout and show Geoff Cameron blocking their defender. I was absolutely convinced that it was a penalty at the time, but actually the ref did well to spot the block

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Login to get fewer ads

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 10:27 - Nov 22 with 822 viewsRog

I'm not a Wallace fan and Niko did a good job going forward second half but the Watford substitutions at half time changed what they had to deal with so to say Niko was a big upgrade is misleading.

Deeney in particular meant they didn't get wide as much as in the first half, he was a lot more central than Gray was. Likewise Quina played deeper and with less width than the other lad they took off.

Wallace was apparently unwell too. We need both of them.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 10:50 - Nov 22 with 799 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 16:56 - Nov 21 by essextaxiboy

We must have watched different matches ...

We'll have to disagree. I find him incredibly frustrating - in the second half, he kept giving away fouls and playing awful passes. Yes, it's good he was getting involved but I'd expect better passing accuracy from a playmaker. Maybe I'm influenced by his initial spell with us but I'm still not convinced by him.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 11:03 - Nov 22 with 778 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 10:50 - Nov 22 by Wegerles_Stairs

We'll have to disagree. I find him incredibly frustrating - in the second half, he kept giving away fouls and playing awful passes. Yes, it's good he was getting involved but I'd expect better passing accuracy from a playmaker. Maybe I'm influenced by his initial spell with us but I'm still not convinced by him.

I thought he was MOTM and that was his best game for us in both spells.

Opinions eh.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 14:08 - Nov 22 with 696 viewsPinnerPaul

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 18:59 - Nov 21 by Northernr

That's kind. I thought the Bonne one would be given nine times out of ten and is a penalty. The Barbet one is disgusting. To not only not give it, but to penalise Barbet, I just can't even speak. Shocking decision.

Agree about Barbet - see my post on other thread - even if, as someone has claimed, he gave the foul against Cameron - that's taking the easy way out and being wildly inconsistent by allowing (as all refs do) that sort of pushing/pulling at all corners.

Yes, players will try anything, but the fact that Watford wanted Bonne booked for simulation means I can't agree that one was as clear you saw - but hey ho we all see things differently and its quite nice to come on here and debate if we deserved 3 points or 1 rather than when/if we should sack MW!
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 14:10 - Nov 22 with 687 viewsPinnerPaul

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 19:01 - Nov 21 by Match82

That one right before Barbet on Masterson looked clear cut to me. They showed a replay from behind the goal, their player grabs Masterson's shirt and hold onto it all the way through the cross coming in, the ball bouncing around, and still had hold of it and is tugging back when Masterson hours to try and poke it in

BUT Masterson was hauling him back as well - 50/50 that one for me.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 14:14 - Nov 22 with 676 viewsPinnerPaul

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 10:09 - Nov 22 by supahoopsa

Watch the EFL highlights on Quest, they slow down the penalty shout and show Geoff Cameron blocking their defender. I was absolutely convinced that it was a penalty at the time, but actually the ref did well to spot the block

Yeah but that blocking goes on at every corner and free kick, more respect from me as a fellow ref if he just doesn't give the pen, still wrong, but to invent a foul to justify it isn't necessary - just have the courage to go with your decision.

He did with the Bonne one, no pen, but no yellow for Bonne to try to justify it - correct decisions there.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 14:38 - Nov 22 with 647 viewsterryb

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 14:14 - Nov 22 by PinnerPaul

Yeah but that blocking goes on at every corner and free kick, more respect from me as a fellow ref if he just doesn't give the pen, still wrong, but to invent a foul to justify it isn't necessary - just have the courage to go with your decision.

He did with the Bonne one, no pen, but no yellow for Bonne to try to justify it - correct decisions there.

I don't think he even saw the pull on Barbet.

He had decided that Cameron was guilty of blocking/obstruction & had given the free kick befiore the holding. Therefore, he wasn't still watching the play.

Whether Cameron was guilty is open to question, but I don't think you can accuse the referee of "inventing a foul". As you normally state "he gave what he saw".

I still think it was a penalty, but if I'd been the Watford player I'd have been demanding a free kick.
The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 17:05 - Nov 22 with 555 viewsPinnerPaul

The Queens Park Rangers v Watford Thread on 14:38 - Nov 22 by terryb

I don't think he even saw the pull on Barbet.

He had decided that Cameron was guilty of blocking/obstruction & had given the free kick befiore the holding. Therefore, he wasn't still watching the play.

Whether Cameron was guilty is open to question, but I don't think you can accuse the referee of "inventing a foul". As you normally state "he gave what he saw".

I still think it was a penalty, but if I'd been the Watford player I'd have been demanding a free kick.

Poor use of word (invent) by me Terry - As I said on this (or another thread) I meant to give a foul when the same holding goes on at every free kick/corner was inconsistent to say the least!

As I've said before, the easy decision is always to give free kick to defender - you see it all the time at corners and free kicks, but penalties for exactly the same offences BY defenders are not given nearly so much.

I understand it - who talks about a free kick for a defender compared to the 'discussion' around a penalty!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024