Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need a miracle 16:56 - Dec 26 with 7742 viewsGreenbay

Here are the facts.
Our team generally is League 1 standard.
This follows the departure of Eze, Manning plus loanees Hugill and Wells.
As we have no money we can only acquire players of League 1 standard.
Or players with future promise!
Whatever Warbs does can he improve what we've got?
He's trying to make a better cake but always with the same ingredients.
Will a different manager make any difference - perhaps a different system?
And with the same players.
Against Swansea Warbs did try a different system - but same result.
His philosophy is attractive football but with League 1 players.
Can he improve a defence that is always liable to concede and a forward line that is nowhere near the class of Hugill and Wells.
Unlikely.
However I still believe we can survive this season in the Championship.
But we do need lots of luck along with that miracle.
Two good things if the worst comes to the worst.
In 12 months time the virus hopefully will be under control and we'll be in the top 3 in League 1.
And that's all I've got to say - for the moment!
We need a miracle on 17:01 - Dec 26 with 6215 viewsBklynRanger

He wants 5 grand a week players to somehow conjure up 50 grand a week levels of quality. It's just not suited to the circumstances we're in.
We need a miracle on 17:13 - Dec 26 with 6080 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Whoever has recruited these players (and managers)?
They need to leave too.

It is a shambles.
No strategy.
No idea.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2020 17:14]
We need a miracle on 17:15 - Dec 26 with 6055 viewshantssi

We need a miracle on 17:13 - Dec 26 by superhoopdownunder

Whoever has recruited these players (and managers)?
They need to leave too.

It is a shambles.
No strategy.
No idea.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2020 17:14]

Don’t agree that there’s no strategy, it’s a good strategy just poorly executed!
We need a miracle on 17:17 - Dec 26 with 6019 viewsSirNose

We need a miracle on 17:01 - Dec 26 by BklynRanger

He wants 5 grand a week players to somehow conjure up 50 grand a week levels of quality. It's just not suited to the circumstances we're in.

With teams like Luton, Preston, Barnsley, Coventry, and Millwall to a name a few, spending lots of money, its hard to compete.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 4:42]
We need a miracle on 17:22 - Dec 26 with 5944 viewsBklynRanger

We need a miracle on 17:17 - Dec 26 by SirNose

With teams like Luton, Preston, Barnsley, Coventry, and Millwall to a name a few, spending lots of money, its hard to compete.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2022 4:42]

That's my point though - they're not trying to play in Warburton's style. I think it's just not suited to getting results at this level with our budget.
We need a miracle on 17:28 - Dec 26 with 5871 viewsSirNose

We need a miracle on 17:22 - Dec 26 by BklynRanger

That's my point though - they're not trying to play in Warburton's style. I think it's just not suited to getting results at this level with our budget.

Style for every budget https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_ball
We need a miracle on 17:42 - Dec 26 with 5738 viewsManinBlack

Before we can need a miracle we need goalscorers. Even with a leaky defence you can move up the table like Southampton did last season when Ings started scoring.

This season Brighton, Fulham, West Brom, Sheffield Utd are down around the bottom as they can't score.

If we didn't have the three players getting 45 goals between them last season, our defence would have dragged us down into a relegation scrap. We need someone to start scoring to take the pressure off the defence.

Sadly, in this league like the Premier, if you operate on the lowest budgets you have to make do with inferior players so it is inevitable that you will drop a league at some point if you make cost cuts year after year. Any progress we might be making off the pitch will be lost if we go down.
We need a miracle on 17:47 - Dec 26 with 5690 viewsBrixtonR

We need a miracle on 17:01 - Dec 26 by BklynRanger

or a proper manager rather than The WarbleWrong 2100 tea tray

Login to get fewer ads

We need a miracle on 20:41 - Dec 26 with 5224 viewsGreenbay

ManinBlack says "Sadly, in this league like the Premier, if you operate on the lowest budgets you have to make do with inferior players so it is inevitable that you will drop a league at some point if you make cost cuts year after year."

This is so true.
That's why avoiding relegation will be a major success.
It's a shame it's come to this but we have to be realistic.
However if the owners are investing in a new training complex - why would they want to sell as several posters have mentioned?
Or have they been caught out by our massive slump in the last 5 weeks and more - not believing it was going to happen?
We need a miracle on 21:11 - Dec 26 with 5089 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

So, just heard a rumour that we are "talking to Ex-Wigan manager Paul Cook".
Yes, I know he's good on a small budget, plays decent passing football and apparently is a good motivator... but why on earth would he come here, with no budget and a bang average squad and how can we afford him AND pay off MW?
Here we go again....

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

We need a miracle on 21:23 - Dec 26 with 4977 viewsHunterhoop

OP:

“Here are the facts.”

Begins with a subjective opinion.

Typical.

Personally, I think the first team squad is comfortably Championship standard. I’d use performances given again at top 6 sides as evidence.

I think a new manager will keep us up and improve performances, results and PPG.
We need a miracle on 21:24 - Dec 26 with 4975 viewsbosh67

I can't see the point of parting with MW. He needs to find a way to win but I think some people have amnesia and forget we've lost most of the squad that kept us in the division and are operating under increasingly difficult financial circumstances... through a pandemic!

MW does not need the money and he's not here for the salary. He's had to get rid of or sell most of his squad, promote U23s and find young players from a lower level.

He has at least gone with 2 up front and he needs to persist on that and it may come right. We have been poor since the pandemic started but we have lost many of our best players.

Most of all we lost Rangel who was a huge influence in the changing room and it may be an idea to offer him a coaching position here because we've not had anything like the same feel of leadership since his injury and subsequent termination of his contract.

Rangel is a much bigger loss dressing room wise than we can imagine.

I also don't think there is another manager out there who could cope with the limitations we are under.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2020 21:25]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

We need a miracle on 21:31 - Dec 26 with 4915 viewsthame_hoops

Swansea are 2nd in the League 😂😂😂
We need a miracle on 21:31 - Dec 26 with 4920 viewseastside_r

We need a miracle on 21:24 - Dec 26 by bosh67

I can't see the point of parting with MW. He needs to find a way to win but I think some people have amnesia and forget we've lost most of the squad that kept us in the division and are operating under increasingly difficult financial circumstances... through a pandemic!

MW does not need the money and he's not here for the salary. He's had to get rid of or sell most of his squad, promote U23s and find young players from a lower level.

He has at least gone with 2 up front and he needs to persist on that and it may come right. We have been poor since the pandemic started but we have lost many of our best players.

Most of all we lost Rangel who was a huge influence in the changing room and it may be an idea to offer him a coaching position here because we've not had anything like the same feel of leadership since his injury and subsequent termination of his contract.

Rangel is a much bigger loss dressing room wise than we can imagine.

I also don't think there is another manager out there who could cope with the limitations we are under.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2020 21:25]

I accept there are financial constraints but that is largely his team out there. His choices.
We need a miracle on 21:46 - Dec 26 with 4840 viewsbaz_qpr

Ultimately there are two choices on the table.

1. Back him but spend some money on a few quality loans to drag us up especially in the full back positions and CM to play the way he wants to play. Certainly can't play 2 up top without dealing with those positions

2. Sack him but we are still going to have to spend on players because ultimately, the bottom line is the squad in some key positions are not good enough to win games.

As Gallen said on WSL last week relegation is gonna cost you £7m per season. There is no FFP this season so there is no choice but to spend because coming back up from league one is not going to be easy.

What we cannot do is carry on as is because we are going down as things stand
We need a miracle on 21:47 - Dec 26 with 4828 viewsParkRoyalR

Good post Greenbay though would add Transfer Window could be key to our season, if we can source a mobile CDM to replace Amos (a Harrison Reed / Ryan Woods type) and strengthen our Fullbacks (someone like Marlon Romeo if rumours are to be believed), thought we competed well today and are a couple of 1st team players short of turning our season around.
We need a miracle on 21:50 - Dec 26 with 4803 viewsdanehoop

We need a miracle on 21:47 - Dec 26 by ParkRoyalR

Good post Greenbay though would add Transfer Window could be key to our season, if we can source a mobile CDM to replace Amos (a Harrison Reed / Ryan Woods type) and strengthen our Fullbacks (someone like Marlon Romeo if rumours are to be believed), thought we competed well today and are a couple of 1st team players short of turning our season around.

Stop being reasonable and logical, lets get emotive now.

Never knowingly understood

We need a miracle on 21:57 - Dec 26 with 4741 viewsParkRoyalR

We need a miracle on 21:50 - Dec 26 by danehoop

Stop being reasonable and logical, lets get emotive now.

Emotive is understandable, rude + obnoxious to fellow posters and R's fans is not.
We need a miracle on 01:07 - Dec 27 with 4325 viewstimcocking

I actually didn't watch it yesterday. Couldn't face it.

Swapping our couple of decent players for a bag full of absolute dross was not a good move in my opinion. False economy springs to mind. It'll take a lot more than a change in formation to help this lot.
We need a miracle on 10:01 - Dec 27 with 4082 viewsPey

In hindsight of course ...not buying Wells but instead spend around the same money on Bonne and Dykes is a bizar thing.
Never would have let go of Matt Smith too.
Not saying Bonne and Dykes won't come good but just think we would not been in the same position now if we had a Smith/Wells combination upfront.
We need a miracle on 10:16 - Dec 27 with 4034 viewsParkRoyalR

We need a miracle on 10:01 - Dec 27 by Pey

In hindsight of course ...not buying Wells but instead spend around the same money on Bonne and Dykes is a bizar thing.
Never would have let go of Matt Smith too.
Not saying Bonne and Dykes won't come good but just think we would not been in the same position now if we had a Smith/Wells combination upfront.

I was really encouraged by how Dykes and Bonne played yesterday, I think how they play compliments each other. And think they will come good.

We played yesterday to their strengths and it showed as Dykes was feeding balls to the over-lapping wing-backs and Bonne was playing off the shoulder of the last man and had two very good goal scoring chances which is no mean feat against a defence with 12shut-outs already this season.

Bonne plays on the shoulder, hence number of off-sides, and does n't seem the most prolific finisher but based on yesterday I see the logic in buying these two if we play 3-5-2. Dykes needs to improve his positioning in box but think we can improve both on the training ground.

If we can improve our Wing-backs and get Chair to play quicker balls and not take the extra touch, think we can turn our season around.
We need a miracle on 10:21 - Dec 27 with 4022 viewsactonman

We need a miracle on 01:07 - Dec 27 by timcocking

I actually didn't watch it yesterday. Couldn't face it.

Swapping our couple of decent players for a bag full of absolute dross was not a good move in my opinion. False economy springs to mind. It'll take a lot more than a change in formation to help this lot.

Don’t worry if you missed the game , just cast your mind back to one of many previous games as it’s pretty much the same every week.

Start well , create a few chances , don’t score , let the opposition score with their first attack, run out of ideas , make some subs about 65 mins , let the game Pieter out registering about 1 shot on target all game .

Try the Same again Tuesday lads is what’s written in Eustace notebook
We need a miracle on 10:23 - Dec 27 with 4015 viewsRangersw12

We need a miracle on 21:23 - Dec 26 by Hunterhoop

OP:

“Here are the facts.”

Begins with a subjective opinion.

Typical.

Personally, I think the first team squad is comfortably Championship standard. I’d use performances given again at top 6 sides as evidence.

I think a new manager will keep us up and improve performances, results and PPG.

When we get a new manager

Are the full backs gonna suddenly be able to cross and also defend?

Are Geoff Cameron's legs suddenly gonna feel like he's 28 again

Is Ball gonna stop blasting the ball at teammates and not give away stupid fouls

Is Bonne gonna suddenly start scoring the chances he keeps missing

Is Dykes not going to be on his heels all the time and actually create something for himself or God forbid gets in front of the defender when attacking a cross

Is Barbet suddenly going to stop mincing out of headers and let his man come over the top of him at corners

I admire your optimism but I'm not sure a new manager will be able to do much more with this squad.

Its massive January window with many holes in the squad
[Post edited 27 Dec 2020 10:27]
We need a miracle on 10:34 - Dec 27 with 3962 viewsdaveB

I don't buy that this is a league one squad at all. Deing is a good keeper, at the back Kane and Barbet have over 100 games at this level they are not playing well but they are championship players. Dickie looks a good player. Carrol has played at the top level and is more than good enough for this level as is Cameron and Ball. Bright, Adomah, Wilock, Chair all good championship players.
We need a miracle on 11:16 - Dec 27 with 3862 viewsNortholt_Rs

We need a miracle on 10:16 - Dec 27 by ParkRoyalR

I was really encouraged by how Dykes and Bonne played yesterday, I think how they play compliments each other. And think they will come good.

We played yesterday to their strengths and it showed as Dykes was feeding balls to the over-lapping wing-backs and Bonne was playing off the shoulder of the last man and had two very good goal scoring chances which is no mean feat against a defence with 12shut-outs already this season.

Bonne plays on the shoulder, hence number of off-sides, and does n't seem the most prolific finisher but based on yesterday I see the logic in buying these two if we play 3-5-2. Dykes needs to improve his positioning in box but think we can improve both on the training ground.

If we can improve our Wing-backs and get Chair to play quicker balls and not take the extra touch, think we can turn our season around.

Yeah they were great except they don’t score any goals....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024