Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh 22:57 - Jan 9 with 4805 viewsLongsufferingR

He's back!! Up to his usual tricks for MK today. Sent off and then out come the enormous crying eyes and it gets overturned.
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 00:15 - Jan 10 with 3150 viewsMyke

Delighted he is back playing again. Top pro for Ireland and treated disgustingly by Derby. The best reason ever to understand why players are disinterested in being loyal to a club, when a club treats a player like that.
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 00:23 - Jan 10 with 3134 viewsDannyPaddox

Just can’t wait for things to get back to normal and RK is finally inducted into the Forever Rs club. You’ll see tears that day!
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 01:19 - Jan 10 with 3102 viewsbob566

Love the guy. Derby stitched him up big time.
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 02:49 - Jan 10 with 3057 viewsFredManRave

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 00:23 - Jan 10 by DannyPaddox

Just can’t wait for things to get back to normal and RK is finally inducted into the Forever Rs club. You’ll see tears that day!

I can recomend somebody to do the music for that day.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 08:09 - Jan 10 with 2941 viewsstowmarketrange

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 00:23 - Jan 10 by DannyPaddox

Can he be inducted at the same time as ooh Bobby Zamora?Then RK can pass his award straight to him like he did at Wembley.
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 11:14 - Jan 10 with 2705 viewsenfieldargh

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 08:09 - Jan 10 by stowmarketrange

Can he be inducted at the same time as ooh Bobby Zamora?Then RK can pass his award straight to him like he did at Wembley.

bz has been inducted last season i think

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 11:22 - Jan 10 with 2687 viewsEsox_Lucius

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 11:14 - Jan 10 by enfieldargh

bz has been inducted last season i think

May have been the season before but it was during a game against Derby and TBF, some of the Derby fans joined in with the banter.

The grass is always greener.

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 11:58 - Jan 10 with 2634 viewsqprxtc

He reminds me of the double take brothers on Harry Enfield. Life seems to terrify him. As it should i s’pose.
Login to get fewer ads

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 13:24 - Jan 10 with 2544 viewsPinnerPaul

It was never a sending off twice!

One - He was fouled by Wood and two even if he wasn't no, there's no way that was an 'obvious goalscoring opportunity' that far out
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 14:49 - Jan 10 with 2488 viewsjoe90

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 00:15 - Jan 10 by Myke

Delighted he is back playing again. Top pro for Ireland and treated disgustingly by Derby. The best reason ever to understand why players are disinterested in being loyal to a club, when a club treats a player like that.

Are you being serious or joking?
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 15:17 - Jan 10 with 2453 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 14:49 - Jan 10 by joe90

Are you being serious or joking?

He is being serious ,RK gave his all for Ireland and for Derby too.
He was not behind the wheel remember just passed out in the back seat and easily could have died there.The other 2 players fled the scene and if the car went up he was done.
I personally hope he can finish his career on the field he has earned that right at least
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 15:26 - Jan 10 with 2426 viewsLongsufferingR

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 15:17 - Jan 10 by CLAREMAN1995

He was not behind the wheel remember just passed out in the back seat and easily could have died there.The other 2 players fled the scene and if the car went up he was done.
I personally hope he can finish his career on the field he has earned that right at least

To be fair, he's been trying his best to finish his career on the field for many years.
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 15:33 - Jan 10 with 2415 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well, he did show poor judgement to get in a car being driven by someone over the limit. But he wasn't as culpable as the driver. And I agree that Derby stiffed him.

I have no strong feelings either way, but I don't get our dislike of him. If anything we should love him!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 15:36 - Jan 10 with 2400 viewsWestonsuperR

Wasn’t he club captain? Even if not then surely as one of the most experienced players at the club the he should have at a minimum discouraged this, potentially could have been involved in killing someone.
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 16:42 - Jan 10 with 2329 viewsMyke

This
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 17:33 - Jan 10 with 2287 viewsTGRRRSSS

Look at the way the club treated him compared to the others, regardless of age or whatever, I agree Derby's treatment of him was disgusting in the circumstances, as stated he could have died and the other 2 frankly should have been punished more properly - the driver especially. I imagine a "normal" person would have done a custodial of some sort.
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 17:49 - Jan 10 with 2256 viewsManinBlack

Just a guess but perhaps there were people on the board at Derby who felt his mistake cost them huge bucks financially missing out on the Premier league gravy train against 10 men when they were controlling the game.

The car incident gave them the opportunity to get rid without looking as though they were blaming him for missing out on all that money which is what football is all about these days. He became a retrospective scapegoat. That is just my impression but I have zero facts other than a hunch.
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 17:53 - Jan 10 with 2240 viewsTGRRRSSS

He left Derby in 2019 and was still a key player at that time, doubt it was to do with 1 matc in 2014 - and in many ways there were various reasons they lost that day - not least the way Derby generally players a lot of ball around maintaining possession and not making much headway with it at times, especially after the red card.

No I think it was more financial giving the injuries suffered, his age by then etc.
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 18:09 - Jan 10 with 2216 viewsE17hoop

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 15:36 - Jan 10 by WestonsuperR

Wasn’t he club captain? Even if not then surely as one of the most experienced players at the club the he should have at a minimum discouraged this, potentially could have been involved in killing someone.

He was dismissed for gross misconduct, and bringing the club into disrepute.

On 24 September 2019, the Derby County players were enjoying a club-sanctioned, team-bonding day. It is understood that the players went bowling in the afternoon and then stayed in a bar for the rest of the evening. Most of the squad left the bar and went home in taxis organised by the club, but Keogh, and fellow team-mates, Mason Bennett and Tom Lawrence stayed and continued drinking.

Bennett and Lawrence both decided to drive home from the bar, with Keogh in the back seat of Lawrence’s car. Both Bennett and Lawrence were well over the drink driving legal limit.
During the journey, Lawrence’s vehicle went into the rear of Bennett’s car, with Lawrence’s car going across a roundabout and crashing into a lamppost. Bennett and Lawrence were not injured in the accident. Keogh, however, suffered a knee injury that was estimated to prevent him playing football for around 15 months.

Bennett and Lawrence were both charged and pleaded guilty to drink driving and failing to stop at the scene of an accident. They were banned from driving for two years and ordered to carry out 180 hours of unpaid work. Derby County commenced an internal disciplinary investigation into the matter and fined Bennett and Lawrence six weeks’ wages — the maximum their respective contracts would allow. Keogh was dismissed because he was held to a higher account by the club because he was the captain of the team. The club offered Keogh a proposal where he could stay at the club if he accepted a reduction in wages. Keogh turned this down and appealed the club’s decision - an appeal he lost.

He could have gone to an ET if he felt it was unfair but it's telling he didn't. He may have won but the maximum he could have won in damages in c£86k - a month's wages and no guarantee of a job back. However, it would have cleared him of any wrongdoing and the fact he hasn't means he is aware his opportunity to win was very limited.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 18:10]

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 18:22 - Jan 10 with 2187 viewsTGRRRSSS

Yes but despite their age it's telling Derby didnt sack the other 2 despite both of them committing the criminal act they did in actually driving cars.
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 18:28 - Jan 10 with 2175 viewsMyke

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 17:49 - Jan 10 by ManinBlack

Just a guess but perhaps there were people on the board at Derby who felt his mistake cost them huge bucks financially missing out on the Premier league gravy train against 10 men when they were controlling the game.

The car incident gave them the opportunity to get rid without looking as though they were blaming him for missing out on all that money which is what football is all about these days. He became a retrospective scapegoat. That is just my impression but I have zero facts other than a hunch.

Think this is probably stretching conspiracy theories to the extreme, considering the time gap between the two incidents. Much more likely, give his age as he was no longer an 'asset', he was much more expendable than Lawrence. Like I said initially, so much for looking after one of your longer serving players
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 18:32 - Jan 10 with 2159 viewsbosh67

Yeah Keogh apart from his legendary gaff has always been an excellent player. I lost all respect for Derby when they sacked him and kept the other two involved. People make mistakes in life. He was treated appallingly after giving years of loyal service.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 18:44 - Jan 10 with 2151 viewsManinBlack

We will never know but you can't expect anyone at the club to openly admit that they held a grudge against him for costing them Premiership football as they would not look good. We don't know what was said behind the scenes but maybe Keogh did and that is why he made no claim. When it comes to money it can be cut throat.

I would never have guessed after 39 years working at my place that people were gaslighting me and making up stories behind my back that I was charged with improper conduct in my final year. I have been off sick 7 months and have put in grievances against all the individuals concerned and the first hearing is tomorrow.

It matters not to my employer of length of service compared to the gaslighters so why should Derby show any support for Keogh any more than my employer displays? We live in a country now where people can take offence to a cobweb and make up any old story which has to be taken seriously no matter how ludicrous.

Don't talk to me about extreme conspiracy theories because I am the victim of one.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 18:47]
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 18:59 - Jan 10 with 2128 viewseastside_r

Yeah, I 've always thought he comes across well when interviewed. My brother-in-law is a Carlisle fan and apparently was popular among the fans there.

Obviously a massive error of judgement with the car incident but we have all done some daft things when we're pissed (though most won't have as dire consequences as his!)

Hung out to dry disgracefully by Derby. Took the piss-taking at LR with relatively good grace.
Rangers Legend Richard Keogh on 19:18 - Jan 10 with 2086 viewsjoe90

Derby were well within their rights to let him go. I don't feel sorry for him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024