Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes and Bonne 19:16 - Feb 20 with 10836 viewsHastings_Hoops

I do wish that the gob$hites on twitter wouldn’t do that thing where they turn on ‘weak link of the week’... it appears to be Dykes’ turn this week and an absolute outpouring of despair at him being selected today and now pointed justification as “he proved them right”.

It was Kane a month ago. Wallace the other week.

We need to make hay while the sun shines and squeeze every possible benefit of Charlie Austin’s presence in this loan spell. Pair them up and hope that Dykes’ confidence and game grows. Same for Bonne.

As for Bonne - Bircham summed it up perfectly on the pod this week saying he’s more comfortable with players missing chances, than not having chances in the first place.
Dykes and Bonne on 19:19 - Feb 20 with 6129 viewsRangersw12

Criticism of any player is fine but it's when they tag them is when it's out of order

Bircham made a comparison to Gregory at Millwall in that it took him a year to get used to the Championship and was far better in the 2nd season let's hope its the same for Dykes
Dykes and Bonne on 19:23 - Feb 20 with 6088 viewsT_Block

Mark my words both will score soon.
Dykes and Bonne on 19:29 - Feb 20 with 6004 viewsJuzzie

Probably best players keep off tw@tter. I can’t see what good it does.
Dykes and Bonne on 19:39 - Feb 20 with 5894 viewsconnell10

This might sound weird but I think Bonne will be quite a good player something about him not sure what but I think he has potential!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Dykes and Bonne on 19:39 - Feb 20 with 5893 viewsspencer

I usually stay off Twitter and facebook re QPR... but what a load of Pratt fans we have...

Dickie got a right roasting when he started..today..showed what a talent he will be.
Kane and Wallace, may not be my favourite players .....but the stick they have been getting is totally un real.

Some of these fans have no idea about football what so ever.

Finally Dieng... where has he been/? What a cracking keeper
Dykes and Bonne on 19:44 - Feb 20 with 5845 viewsMrSheen

What do people expect of them? Hard working lads who give their all. While they’re wearing hoops, that’s enough for me.
Dykes and Bonne on 19:49 - Feb 20 with 5809 viewsHastings_Hoops

Comments include:

“Starting Dykes still!”
“Another sign of poor recruitment.”
“He has zero positioning knowledge”
“Sadly neither Dykes or Bonne are good enough more very poor recruitment and not peanuts”

These are the same people revelling in the success of Chair, Willock, Dickie and Dieng (another sign of poor recruitment?).

The same people who will bawl about having no striker options in August when Austin goes back to WBA and Dykes / Bonne / Kelman have not been blooded-in this season while we’ve benefitted from the luxury of Austin’s presence.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 19:54]
Dykes and Bonne on 19:57 - Feb 20 with 5748 viewsTacticalR

Bonne was interviewed on the Loftcast, and the season before last he was playing in the National League, so this is a really big step up.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Dykes and Bonne on 19:59 - Feb 20 with 5722 viewsMyke

Just to play devils advocate. Would the reaction on here to Bonne's sitter be more measured than Twitter, if Bournemouth had equalised at the death? BOS took a fair hammering for his miss v Norwich (cost us two points), no mention of the fact that he earned us one (and possibly kept Warburton in a job) by winning and converting the penalty equaliser
Dykes and Bonne on 20:07 - Feb 20 with 5653 viewsBordonranger

Dykes and Bonne on 19:59 - Feb 20 by Myke

Just to play devils advocate. Would the reaction on here to Bonne's sitter be more measured than Twitter, if Bournemouth had equalised at the death? BOS took a fair hammering for his miss v Norwich (cost us two points), no mention of the fact that he earned us one (and possibly kept Warburton in a job) by winning and converting the penalty equaliser

Why put down any players when were winning 6 wins from 7 its all obviously working who cares whos scoring
Dykes and Bonne on 20:10 - Feb 20 with 5632 viewsHastings_Hoops

Dykes and Bonne on 19:59 - Feb 20 by Myke

Agreed - and it’s so difficult because we’re a ‘hurting’ fan base embarking on a re-build and that means accepting rough diamonds and some rough setbacks. Brentford for obvious reasons accept this and work with it. QPR fans on the other hand will hark back to to 70s, 80s and 90s and despair (if we hadn’t seen such riches, etc)

What I cannot stand is this immediate cry for the owners to ‘spend their money’, ‘sack the board’, ‘drop [add lib]’, ‘f-off [forgetting the £1m a month subsidy]’... which smacks of kids in a sweet shop on a sugar high.
Dykes and Bonne on 20:17 - Feb 20 with 5566 viewsDavieQPR

I just read an article, I don't use twitter to my mind it's 'like reading a toilet wall', one of the critics was Boy from the Bush who was slagging players off on the old BBC 606Website. Seems to have spent the best part of his life being abusive.
Dykes and Bonne on 20:19 - Feb 20 with 5549 viewsBrixtonR

Dykes and Bonne on 20:17 - Feb 20 by DavieQPR

I just read an article, I don't use twitter to my mind it's 'like reading a toilet wall', one of the critics was Boy from the Bush who was slagging players off on the old BBC 606Website. Seems to have spent the best part of his life being abusive.

I think eventually Bonne will be utter class
Dykes and Bonne on 20:23 - Feb 20 with 5519 viewsBordonranger

Dykes and Bonne on 20:19 - Feb 20 by BrixtonR

I think eventually Bonne will be utter class

100% agree gets in the right places just needs a little bit of composure and some work to be done on his finishing would he have done better if he was playing from the start?
Dykes and Bonne on 20:38 - Feb 20 with 5411 viewsjohncharles

It’s s o much like the treatment Zamora got and the very people who monotonously and mercilessly slag him of were hailing him as hero after Wembley. It p1ssed me off then and it’s p1ssing me off now.

Strong and stable my arse.

Dykes and Bonne on 21:20 - Feb 20 with 5260 viewsGloucs_R

Dykes and Bonne on 20:38 - Feb 20 by johncharles

It’s s o much like the treatment Zamora got and the very people who monotonously and mercilessly slag him of were hailing him as hero after Wembley. It p1ssed me off then and it’s p1ssing me off now.

And Furlong and Polter.....

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Dykes and Bonne on 22:03 - Feb 20 with 5132 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Dykes and Bonne on 20:10 - Feb 20 by Hastings_Hoops

Agreed - and it’s so difficult because we’re a ‘hurting’ fan base embarking on a re-build and that means accepting rough diamonds and some rough setbacks. Brentford for obvious reasons accept this and work with it. QPR fans on the other hand will hark back to to 70s, 80s and 90s and despair (if we hadn’t seen such riches, etc)

What I cannot stand is this immediate cry for the owners to ‘spend their money’, ‘sack the board’, ‘drop [add lib]’, ‘f-off [forgetting the £1m a month subsidy]’... which smacks of kids in a sweet shop on a sugar high.

I agree we do hark back to the 70s, 80s and 90s but we used to moan a lot back then too. I don’t think we’ve changed that much.

I’ll be honest i think this time away from live football is changing us too. As fans. I’m intrigued about what will come out of the other side when we’re allowed back.

As for Dykes and Bonne, I hope they both keep giving their all and become better players for us.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 22:04]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Dykes and Bonne on 22:26 - Feb 20 with 5045 viewsdavman

So many sensitive souls around on this subject. Social media means that there is no middle ground - either you're in the camp that they are awful, a waste of money and will never get "good" and therefore hopeful that is the case so that you can be proven "right" OR your in the good guys camp of cutting them some slack and "not getting on their back".

Sorry. Dykes has been an unmitigated disaster to date - one (admittedly good) goal from open play in 27 or so appearances and four (bloody good) penalties. BUT, in the main he has been crap. That might be because this is his first season at this level, it might be because he's had to move 400 miles south to a city he doesn't know in the middle of a pandemic and it could be for a whole heap of other genuine reasons, but NONE of that changes the fact that he has been very, very poor.

Bonne has scored a couple of good goals, does get into the right positions and is very willing, but the first of today's misses was abysmal and the second one would have been a tap in if he had any sort of decent touch before the shot. He has also drifted offside constantly and missed a few others in previous weeks.

I know that is just my opinion, but there is plenty of evidence out there to argue that case. I honestly see that as a fact that they have been very poor to date, and to repeat what I said above there may be reasons for that and if so, fair enough, BUT that does not change that fact.

But here's the thing that grates. Because I have that opinion, apparently I WANT them to fail - what utter, utter BS; of course I don't. I am expressing my disappointment on what we have got for £4m and also that over the season neither has really improved - with Bonne that might be because he has not been given a run in the team, but Dykes really doesn't have that excuse. Apparently, me expressing this disappointment may affect them and I shouldn't be saying it. Do me a favour people - I am not a boo-er at the games; I might shout the odd bit of bile out every now and then, but very rarely do I do it at the players.

But, just imagine if Dykes and Bonne are losing confidence now, just imagine what it would have been like with fans in the stadium. You can all fondly remember a sensible, rational, supportive crowd if you want, but it a'int. Dykes and Bonne would have got Dog's Abuse by now and any semblance of confidence they have left now would have been destroyed.

For the record, I think that the pair of them are really, really poor. Do I want them to stay that way, no chance - I really, really want them to start turning the corner now so that they can take the burden of being OUR strikers for the next few years. I do not want to see them leave the club by "mutual agreement" next summer. However, they should be called out for what they are to date...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dykes and Bonne on 22:48 - Feb 20 with 4934 viewsW7Ranger

Dykes and Bonne on 22:26 - Feb 20 by davman

So many sensitive souls around on this subject. Social media means that there is no middle ground - either you're in the camp that they are awful, a waste of money and will never get "good" and therefore hopeful that is the case so that you can be proven "right" OR your in the good guys camp of cutting them some slack and "not getting on their back".

Sorry. Dykes has been an unmitigated disaster to date - one (admittedly good) goal from open play in 27 or so appearances and four (bloody good) penalties. BUT, in the main he has been crap. That might be because this is his first season at this level, it might be because he's had to move 400 miles south to a city he doesn't know in the middle of a pandemic and it could be for a whole heap of other genuine reasons, but NONE of that changes the fact that he has been very, very poor.

Bonne has scored a couple of good goals, does get into the right positions and is very willing, but the first of today's misses was abysmal and the second one would have been a tap in if he had any sort of decent touch before the shot. He has also drifted offside constantly and missed a few others in previous weeks.

I know that is just my opinion, but there is plenty of evidence out there to argue that case. I honestly see that as a fact that they have been very poor to date, and to repeat what I said above there may be reasons for that and if so, fair enough, BUT that does not change that fact.

But here's the thing that grates. Because I have that opinion, apparently I WANT them to fail - what utter, utter BS; of course I don't. I am expressing my disappointment on what we have got for £4m and also that over the season neither has really improved - with Bonne that might be because he has not been given a run in the team, but Dykes really doesn't have that excuse. Apparently, me expressing this disappointment may affect them and I shouldn't be saying it. Do me a favour people - I am not a boo-er at the games; I might shout the odd bit of bile out every now and then, but very rarely do I do it at the players.

But, just imagine if Dykes and Bonne are losing confidence now, just imagine what it would have been like with fans in the stadium. You can all fondly remember a sensible, rational, supportive crowd if you want, but it a'int. Dykes and Bonne would have got Dog's Abuse by now and any semblance of confidence they have left now would have been destroyed.

For the record, I think that the pair of them are really, really poor. Do I want them to stay that way, no chance - I really, really want them to start turning the corner now so that they can take the burden of being OUR strikers for the next few years. I do not want to see them leave the club by "mutual agreement" next summer. However, they should be called out for what they are to date...

So what's your solution?

You think they're poor so do we drop them both?

The only way we can see an upturn in form and confidence is (because the only alternative we have is Kelman) is to keep persevering. Until the end of the season we have to work with what we've got.

Hugill use to get slaughtered and he got 15 goals ffs!

Furlong got dogs abuse and managed to turn it round.Thank god he wasn't hounded out because ended up playing over 150 games and scoring around 60 goals! It's not impossible for players to turn it round after a bad start.

I just fail to see what benefit the club or player gets from fans saying they're crap/poor/not good enough after half a season, especially when we're on a fantastic run, in which both of these players have been a part of.

A bit of slack please.

I wonder if any other fanbase focuses on certain players when they've won 6 and drawn 1 out of the last 8 games, the majority of which against promotion chasing teams.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 16:26]
Dykes and Bonne on 22:54 - Feb 20 with 4908 viewsEsox_Lucius

Dykes and Bonne on 22:26 - Feb 20 by davman

If you feel the constant need to put down the players as you do could you please go and do it on a rivals message board instead please. NONE of our players are sh!t, they are all highly skilled athletes at the top of their profession. Less than half of 1% of players who join an academy at the age of 9 end up as a professional footballer. Try looking for, and commenting on positives for a change.

The grass is always greener.

Dykes and Bonne on 22:54 - Feb 20 with 4910 viewsdistortR

Dykes and Bonne on 22:48 - Feb 20 by W7Ranger

So what's your solution?

You think they're poor so do we drop them both?

The only way we can see an upturn in form and confidence is (because the only alternative we have is Kelman) is to keep persevering. Until the end of the season we have to work with what we've got.

Hugill use to get slaughtered and he got 15 goals ffs!

Furlong got dogs abuse and managed to turn it round.Thank god he wasn't hounded out because ended up playing over 150 games and scoring around 60 goals! It's not impossible for players to turn it round after a bad start.

I just fail to see what benefit the club or player gets from fans saying they're crap/poor/not good enough after half a season, especially when we're on a fantastic run, in which both of these players have been a part of.

A bit of slack please.

I wonder if any other fanbase focuses on certain players when they've won 6 and drawn 1 out of the last 8 games, the majority of which against promotion chasing teams.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2021 16:26]

It's worth remembering, with Dykes in particular, that he is playing in a new league, at a new level and the distance from his existing support networks has been exacerbated hugely by covid.
He is also, as you say, a key component of a team that is on a superb run of form, and his involvement in that team isn't confined to the 90 minutes we watch once or twice a week.

Edit - I mean, ffs, 6 out of 7 and people just want to be negative.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 22:59]
Dykes and Bonne on 22:59 - Feb 20 with 4884 viewsW7Ranger

Look at Barbet. Up until half a dozen games ago he was getting pelters more often than not. A liability.

So it goes to prove players are not always shit based of first impressions. Yeah it's taken time, but it looks like it's finally clicked for him, and is playing great at the mo. So there's no reason why the same won't happen to either one or both of them.
Dykes and Bonne on 23:06 - Feb 20 with 4841 viewsW7Ranger

Dykes and Bonne on 22:54 - Feb 20 by distortR

It's worth remembering, with Dykes in particular, that he is playing in a new league, at a new level and the distance from his existing support networks has been exacerbated hugely by covid.
He is also, as you say, a key component of a team that is on a superb run of form, and his involvement in that team isn't confined to the 90 minutes we watch once or twice a week.

Edit - I mean, ffs, 6 out of 7 and people just want to be negative.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2021 22:59]

Not forgetting that for the most part of the season until Austin came, he's been playing the loan front man role. During that time he's also played a vital role in Scotlands qualification to the Euro's.

Also, because of the congested fixture list, being on international duty and with virtually zero pre-season, he's less time on the training ground than perhaps other new signings would have.
Dykes and Bonne on 23:33 - Feb 20 with 4763 viewsCiderwithRsie

Dykes and Bonne on 22:54 - Feb 20 by Esox_Lucius

If you feel the constant need to put down the players as you do could you please go and do it on a rivals message board instead please. NONE of our players are sh!t, they are all highly skilled athletes at the top of their profession. Less than half of 1% of players who join an academy at the age of 9 end up as a professional footballer. Try looking for, and commenting on positives for a change.

TBF I think what Davman has set out there is a reasoned critique of the two players, including possible mitigations, and I don't have a problem with that. That's not the same as non-constructive slagging and tagging it on Twitter.

Where I'm with the OP on here is that if people are looking for the negatives when we've won 6 out of 7 you've got to wonder whether they are just looking for the chance to whinge about almost anything.

And we can all spot which people will hold their hands up and give credit where it's due when criticised players/coaches come good, and which ones just disappear until the next losing streak.
Dykes and Bonne on 23:36 - Feb 20 with 4749 viewsdavman

Dykes and Bonne on 22:54 - Feb 20 by Esox_Lucius

Jeez, because I have a different opinion from you, I have to "go on another message board"? Don't be so ridiculous. I suspect your one of the lot that roll off the "go off and support Chelsea" brigade if I say something you don't agree with...

I have not said they're crap, I've said that they have been playing crap.

As I said in the post, even when I spell out my opinion, there are many who read into it what the hell they want, ignoring what is in front of them in black and white.

Seriously though, it is just my opinion. You don't agree, fine, it really shouldn't be worth falling out over. I am a natural pessimist - I wish that wasn't the case, but with QPR it really comes to the fore.

I really want them to succeed and hope that they do, but (to me anyway) it don't look like it' s going to happen any time soon.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024