Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread 09:00 - Feb 23 with 34168 viewsDorse

It has been estimated that approximately 13.8 billion years have passed since the beginning of the universe as we know it. Scientists have calculated that around 39% of that time has been wasted by Preston players feigning injury, complaining to the ref or kicking the ball away when their team is a goal up. These figures are startling: it seemed so much longer at the time.

What, if anything, can we expect playing north of Watford gap, midweek, at Preston? Under normal circumstances, a piss-boiling display of rampant gob-bummery administered ad nauseum by the game's foremost exponents of the Dark Arts. Coached by Baphomet himself, Preston have clearly offered their first born daughters to the Evil One in order to gain mystical control over time itself and weakened the minds of Championship referees. Is there any hope?

Yep. We got Charlie Austin. So there.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 8:54]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 09:03 - Feb 23 with 5804 viewsCamberleyR

Preston timewasting already.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 09:19 - Feb 23 with 5748 viewsenfieldargh

As I understand it, our team is having to change in a port-a-cabin at the far end of Sir Tom Finney Way, following little green arrows we then have to walk 15 minutes to the stadium in through the home end turnstiles up to the back of the stand were more little green arrows requesting us back down and out through to the main entrance , we then have to go upstairs into their trophy room full of prewar silver ware but are instructed to take of our boots, are given a talk on plumbing in the North West of England c 1935 before having to mop te floor from sweaty socks, put boots back on before being shown down some rickety spiral staircase, through the groundsman 's shed and onto the pitch to find Daniel Johnson and the rest of the Knob Ends lying down on the grass smoking ganja listening to Lee Scratch Perry Panic in Babylon at the sight of Geoff Cameron and Stefan Johansson glaring at them

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 09:37 - Feb 23 with 5710 viewsMick_S

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 09:03 - Feb 23 by CamberleyR

Preston timewasting already.

" Morning lads, pay attention to lesson 1."

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 11:20 - Feb 23 with 5568 viewscolinallcars

I fully expect PNE to adopt a thoroughly Corinthian approach to this match.
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 11:52 - Feb 23 with 5492 viewsDorse

Zeno's Arrow Paradox may be applied to how Preston keep getting away with time wasting. If an arrow in flight is observed at any point, it is occupying a single moment: in that single moment, it is not in motion. It follows, therefore, that Preston's time-wasting is in fact the product of our observation of them in a single moment.

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 11:57 - Feb 23 with 5482 viewsheadhoops

Ched Evans and Scott Sinclair up front, what could possibly go wrong?
We know the script, oop North midweek, the obligatory Barkhuizen goal after 25 minutes, following their first attack and shot and then 70+ minutes of sh1thousery. Plus its on Sky.

We do have more about us this season, would take a draw and not rule out a nice little 3-1 win.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 12:49 - Feb 23 with 5362 viewsMetallica_Hoop

2-1 Rangers

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 13:19 - Feb 23 with 5276 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Can we not gather up all that timewasting we have managed over the last three games, double it and then use it after we have gone one nil up just after HT on Wednesday?
Login to get fewer ads

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 13:41 - Feb 23 with 5224 viewsMrSheen

On the subject, a master-class in shithousery from the Guatemalan 3rd division. Yes, he is that sort of player.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56167027
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 15:49 - Feb 23 with 5118 viewswood_hoop

If going on recent form, we should be fairly confident of getting a win, but bad runs/good runs often come to a halt with inexplicable reasons.

As long as the 'dark arts' from PNE are kept to a minimum I can't really see anything but at least a point but the three are very much on the cards.

Bookies seem to agree we with me, we are slight favs at 6/4 them 7/4, so if the disciples of 'devil worship' are favouring the saintly hoops I will go with the flow and predict a 2-0 win.
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 16:01 - Feb 23 with 5083 viewsBoston

Preston 1. Rangers 1

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 16:30 - Feb 23 with 5044 viewsdanehoop

Dorse, that is a great into - elements of Discodroids and Bruceree's work in there as well.

Must confess if we get any points from this picture I'd start to wonder if Warball's has made some kind of compact with the devil after Christmas to get such a run of form going.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 16:33]

Never knowingly understood

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 16:38 - Feb 23 with 5026 viewsEsox_Lucius

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 11:52 - Feb 23 by Dorse

Zeno's Arrow Paradox may be applied to how Preston keep getting away with time wasting. If an arrow in flight is observed at any point, it is occupying a single moment: in that single moment, it is not in motion. It follows, therefore, that Preston's time-wasting is in fact the product of our observation of them in a single moment.

Isn't that just a rehash of Heisenberg's uncertainty principle?

The grass is always greener.

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 17:02 - Feb 23 with 4983 viewsjohnhoop

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 16:38 - Feb 23 by Esox_Lucius

At least Ben Pearson, the Goblin king and supreme practitioner of the aforementioned Dark arts is no longer there to torment us.
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 18:01 - Feb 23 with 4910 viewshantssi

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 16:38 - Feb 23 by Esox_Lucius

Or Schrodingers Cat?
Happy with a point.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 18:03]
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 08:41 - Feb 24 with 4683 viewsDorse

Preston coaches filmed leading training yesterday

'You, pick up the runner..... Then foul him and theatrically roll on the floor screaming... Yes... yes... The Master approves....'

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 08:57 - Feb 24 with 4656 viewsMick_S

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 08:41 - Feb 24 by Dorse

Preston coaches filmed leading training yesterday

'You, pick up the runner..... Then foul him and theatrically roll on the floor screaming... Yes... yes... The Master approves....'

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 10:25 - Feb 24 with 4580 viewsdublinr

It's important we go into tonight's game expecting the worst. I'm going to do my bit by predicting a 4 1 drubbing after a first half red.

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 12:43 - Feb 24 with 4494 viewscyprusmel

1-1 Dykes to score, he has to score sometime.
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 13:01 - Feb 24 with 4442 views2Thomas2Bowles

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 12:43 - Feb 24 by cyprusmel

Like trying to win the lotto, you know there is little chance but have to be in it to win it

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 13:18 - Feb 24 with 4406 viewsdenhamhoop2

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 12:43 - Feb 24 by cyprusmel

He is actually our top scorer with 5 shows just how weak this division is this season
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 13:39 - Feb 24 with 4388 viewsrsonist

Lead yourselves not into temptation, we all know how this song goes.

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 13:55 - Feb 24 with 4357 viewsgazza1

We will do well to get anything from the game looking at past experiencing but, you know what, I put nothing past the Rangers at this moment in time.
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 13:58 - Feb 24 with 4343 viewsPinnerPaul

3-0 Rangers

There I've said it now.

If you can't be wildly optimistic after 6/7 when can you?!!!
The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 13:59 - Feb 24 with 4336 viewsMick_S

The Early Edition Midweek Northern 'Shithousery Special' Match Thread on 13:58 - Feb 24 by PinnerPaul

3-0 Rangers

There I've said it now.

If you can't be wildly optimistic after 6/7 when can you?!!!

If that comes in I promise to finish decorating the hall, stairs and landing.

I'll take 0-2 then.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024