Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week 19:59 - Mar 8 with 3488 viewsFrankRightguard

In all seriousness, how are they going to manage these games into the end of the season? International break on the horizon, they could end up having to play three times a week in April to catch this up. After Saturday they’ll have four games in hand on Birmingham in the spot above them.

This could be what does for them. Bottom three now pretty much sewn up?
Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 20:23 - Mar 8 with 2696 viewsted_hendrix

Not good for them at all, in addition their training ground has been closed down so I'm not sure how their so called fit players without Covid are going to keep themselves fit and up to speed.
I've got a soft spot for Rotherham having worked there way back when, bloody good people and none of this North-South bullshit.
They are without doubt now in worse trouble than a couple of weeks ago, they've also been making a good go of it on the pitch, they never give up.
Wycombe have gone and hopefully Sheffield Wednesday.
Utmost good luck to them from me.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 20:23]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 20:28 - Mar 8 with 2657 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That's really rough. Feel for them. I was hoping they'd stay up, and now I really do. Would be shít to go down due to this.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 20:29 - Mar 8 with 2653 viewsBoston

We're not fans of New York clubs around here.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 20:32 - Mar 8 with 2644 viewsted_hendrix

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 20:28 - Mar 8 by BrianMcCarthy

That's really rough. Feel for them. I was hoping they'd stay up, and now I really do. Would be shít to go down due to this.

Three times now Brian-that's a possible nine points.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 20:34 - Mar 8 with 2619 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 20:32 - Mar 8 by ted_hendrix

Three times now Brian-that's a possible nine points.

Ya. Fatigue has to kick in for them when they to catch up on those games.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 20:39 - Mar 8 with 2604 viewsFrankRightguard

They lost two games over Xmas to Covid postponements. Five games in total, I’d suggest whatever policies they have in place aren’t stringent enough.
Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 20:59 - Mar 8 with 2501 viewscolinallcars

Best of luck to them, I hope they survive. I used to run the quiz at our pub. One night I asked “On what river does Rotherham lie ? Amazingly nobody got it right.
Some big clubs in the relegation scrap, all of them fiddled FFP. I hope a couple of them go down rather than Rotherham. Dom Ball's old club.
Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 21:01 - Mar 8 with 2488 viewsdaveB

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 20:39 - Mar 8 by FrankRightguard

They lost two games over Xmas to Covid postponements. Five games in total, I’d suggest whatever policies they have in place aren’t stringent enough.

yeah questions should be asked of why they are getting so many positive tests. Shame for them though and will be a nightmare April for them fitting all the games in
Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 21:09 - Mar 8 with 2458 viewsT_Block

Just might be a bit of pushing the rules to rest players when other teams play Saturday Tuesday.
Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 21:17 - Mar 8 with 2423 viewsFrankRightguard

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 21:09 - Mar 8 by T_Block

Just might be a bit of pushing the rules to rest players when other teams play Saturday Tuesday.

They’ll end up playing three games a week for a month so not sure that’s the case. I don’t doubt it’s genuine but they need to get their house in order.

Impact on other teams now having to push their players into an extra game in certain weeks. Not really on.
Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 21:53 - Mar 8 with 2287 viewsMyke

They could be relegated by the time we play them, or worse still we might relegate them. Hope it's not the latter.
Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 22:34 - Mar 8 with 2145 viewsDavieQPR

They will have a couple of games to begin with where they will be completely rested and if they can win those it makes an awful lot of difference down at the bottom.
Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 23:28 - Mar 8 with 2061 viewsstevec

Looking like they can’t complete all their fixtures until after the last day which, as we know to our cost, is a big advantage if they’re allowed to do that.

Hope they’re made to play four in a week at some point.
Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 23:29 - Mar 8 with 2063 viewsdaveB

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 22:34 - Mar 8 by DavieQPR

They will have a couple of games to begin with where they will be completely rested and if they can win those it makes an awful lot of difference down at the bottom.

They won't have been able to train for a few weeks so I'm not sure it's an advantage
Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 23:33 - Mar 8 with 2061 viewsdavman

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 20:59 - Mar 8 by colinallcars

Best of luck to them, I hope they survive. I used to run the quiz at our pub. One night I asked “On what river does Rotherham lie ? Amazingly nobody got it right.
Some big clubs in the relegation scrap, all of them fiddled FFP. I hope a couple of them go down rather than Rotherham. Dom Ball's old club.

I guess it was the Ham at the end of the River Rother that everyone crosses up the M1.

Too late for a prize?

[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 23:34]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 00:38 - Mar 9 with 1981 viewsBoston

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 23:33 - Mar 8 by davman

I guess it was the Ham at the end of the River Rother that everyone crosses up the M1.

Too late for a prize?

[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 23:34]

Can be confusing to the geographically challenged though as there's another Rother, one that traverses a field.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 06:03 - Mar 9 with 1886 viewsmcqpr10

They will be absolutely exhausted by the time they play us and probably still turn us over!
Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 07:06 - Mar 9 with 1819 viewsNorthernr

I think if they lose their game next Tuesday to this outbreak as well they've then got more games left to play than there are slots to play them in, so would have to do at least one sat-tue-thur-sat week.
Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 07:34 - Mar 9 with 1769 viewsnix

Is there any precedent for playing in the international break? There may be one of their opponents who hasn't got any international players. Surely it's better than playing at the end of the season.
Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 09:00 - Mar 9 with 1679 viewshantssi

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 20:23 - Mar 8 by ted_hendrix

Not good for them at all, in addition their training ground has been closed down so I'm not sure how their so called fit players without Covid are going to keep themselves fit and up to speed.
I've got a soft spot for Rotherham having worked there way back when, bloody good people and none of this North-South bullshit.
They are without doubt now in worse trouble than a couple of weeks ago, they've also been making a good go of it on the pitch, they never give up.
Wycombe have gone and hopefully Sheffield Wednesday.
Utmost good luck to them from me.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 20:23]

I’ve got mates up there, had some great weekends there.
Went to Millmoor to see us play them followed by a great night in town, no issues at all even if that little pub on the corner as you came out of the away end.
Really hope they stay up so get to go to the New York Stadium and one of those who’ve ignored FFP go down instead.
Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 10:01 - Mar 9 with 1590 viewsLongsufferingR

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 07:34 - Mar 9 by nix

Is there any precedent for playing in the international break? There may be one of their opponents who hasn't got any international players. Surely it's better than playing at the end of the season.

That would make too much sense. I'm sure there's a rule prohibiting that for no good reason other than it's UEFA/FIFA
Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 10:22 - Mar 9 with 1536 viewsdezzar

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 09:00 - Mar 9 by hantssi

I’ve got mates up there, had some great weekends there.
Went to Millmoor to see us play them followed by a great night in town, no issues at all even if that little pub on the corner as you came out of the away end.
Really hope they stay up so get to go to the New York Stadium and one of those who’ve ignored FFP go down instead.

I did a lot of work with council tenants up there , lovely people in the main.Had some right laughs. Also one of my favourite awaydays.Hope they stay up
Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 10:58 - Mar 9 with 1442 viewsLazyFan

This is what should happen.

I am sure we could play them. I mean who do we have who gets called up? Just Dykes. Bonne is out of favour and maybe Niko?

it would relieve the pressure on us as well, doing another midweek game.

zzzzzzzzzz

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 15:27 - Mar 9 with 1313 viewsmarky67

their game against brentford that was called off saturday is on 27th april which leaves tonights game to be re-arranged, could possibly be the midweek before the last game of the season.
Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 15:29 - Mar 9 with 1311 viewsNorthernr

Rotherham - 3 games postponed this week on 15:27 - Mar 9 by marky67

their game against brentford that was called off saturday is on 27th april which leaves tonights game to be re-arranged, could possibly be the midweek before the last game of the season.

So if they lose one more it's going to be tricky. Mate of mine points out this morning it might see ours with them bumped to a Wednesday so they could play East Monday, Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024