Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield Match Thread 16:16 - Mar 12 with 30048 viewsPinnerPaul

Started the BC one, so here's hoping for a similar result.

We're quite strong favourites for this one - Even money with Paddy P.

I'll go for 2-0 Johansson and Chair to score
Huddersfield Match Thread on 15:52 - Mar 13 with 1707 viewsB_Wad

Almost feels like there is a Kakay goal in this one.
Huddersfield Match Thread on 15:53 - Mar 13 with 1707 viewsTacticalR

That last period of play was like a game of chess. Missing someone who can thread a ball through.

Air hostess clique

Huddersfield Match Thread on 15:53 - Mar 13 with 1704 viewsMalintabuk

Well thatcwas pretty ordinary but think a lot of this must be down to the conditions
Huddersfield came out like dervishes and we managed to quieten them down and towards the end of the half were by far the better team
Poor miss by Kane but in all honesty Keogh was unlucky not to score so perhaps all square at half time is about right
Chaz is not looking on it today... tiredness or conditions but he may be pulled sooner than later
All to.play for and it seems we may have the wind at our backs this half which may help
Huddersfield Match Thread on 15:54 - Mar 13 with 1671 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Huddersfield Match Thread on 15:52 - Mar 13 by BklynRanger

Could be me but this seems to be a thoroughly odd game

Not just you.

I think Bielsaball v Warbsball is having an effect.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Huddersfield Match Thread on 15:54 - Mar 13 with 1660 viewsNed_Kennedys

We always seem to start games slowly and today is no exception.
Austin is missing Dykes playing alongside him I think.
Huddersfield Match Thread on 15:55 - Mar 13 with 1649 viewsMickS

Huddersfield Match Thread on 15:41 - Mar 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Hope we get more TV coverage of Corberan squatting down and pointing at things.

There hasn't been enough of that.

Did you know it’s his birthday?
Huddersfield Match Thread on 15:55 - Mar 13 with 1634 viewsGreenbay

HT REPORT
Plenty of possession.
And we finished the half strongly.
Johansen outstanding.
Need a final penetrating ball as Huddersfield massed their defence in the last 10 minutes of the first half.
Kane missed a great chance - from 10 yards after Chair split the defence.
We also survived and defended well in the first 30 minutes against a pacey Huddersfield attack. Dieng forced to make a solid diving save.
Hopefully with a strong wind behind us in the second half we can do some damage.
Charlie seems to be struggling. Too many games for him - he needs a rest.
Warbs to send on the subs cavalry around 65ish??
That will increase our pace and perhaps break through the opposition.
This so far is a tough one against a useful side.
Huddersfield Match Thread on 15:56 - Mar 13 with 1622 viewsqprd

Huddersfield with some interesting defensive tactics.... press up the pitch when the ball is in rangers defensive half.... the second the ball crosses the halfway line, they sprint back and immediately drop deep.... they basically concede the midfield

We are doing a fine job handling the press but we are having a lot of trouble breaking them down when they transition into sitting deep

The tactic should be to have someone make a slight run behind the defence to push Huddersfield back and create some spade to operate.... Kane has had the ability to run behind but instead he has sat static which allows Huddersfield to maintain their defensive line and keep us in front of them

It is a lot to ask Kane to make an occasional run behind given his defensive duties, but that will rly create some room for us to operate

Otherwise boring first half... Austin quiet
Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield Match Thread on 15:57 - Mar 13 with 1596 viewsjoe90

A quiet first half from us. Soaked up all the pressure from Huddersfield yet still had the best chance of the half. If only it had been Austin and not Kane taking that shot.

Early goal second half and the games ours.
Huddersfield Match Thread on 15:57 - Mar 13 with 1581 viewsDylanP

1. I love any team with Kakay in it
2. Every time Willock gets on the ball I think something exciting is going to happen
3. Fckin Johansen. The man is da man! What a difference maker. A lot of people have said that Charlie lifted the team when he came in and that may be true. But I think our good run of form has a lot more to do with Johansen
4. Charlie needs a goal today. Or maybe, I need Charlie to score ... coz I do love it when Charlie scores.

All round, I am enjoying watching the football over the last couple of weeks. More than I can say for earlier in the season when it was a chore to watch QPR. This team plays great football. Crisp, quick passing. I wish we had more than 2 shots in 45 minutes, but I am happy with what I've seen so far a reckon (hope) we'll build on that to take three points in the second half

COME ON URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRss!!!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Huddersfield Match Thread on 16:00 - Mar 13 with 1494 viewsQPRSteve

Winds is in our favour next half. Hopefully we can attack the flanks and whip in some crosses for Charlie to attack. Wouldn't mid seeing Albert come on early for once.
Huddersfield Match Thread on 16:01 - Mar 13 with 1473 viewsGreenbay

Huddersfield Match Thread on 15:57 - Mar 13 by DylanP

1. I love any team with Kakay in it
2. Every time Willock gets on the ball I think something exciting is going to happen
3. Fckin Johansen. The man is da man! What a difference maker. A lot of people have said that Charlie lifted the team when he came in and that may be true. But I think our good run of form has a lot more to do with Johansen
4. Charlie needs a goal today. Or maybe, I need Charlie to score ... coz I do love it when Charlie scores.

All round, I am enjoying watching the football over the last couple of weeks. More than I can say for earlier in the season when it was a chore to watch QPR. This team plays great football. Crisp, quick passing. I wish we had more than 2 shots in 45 minutes, but I am happy with what I've seen so far a reckon (hope) we'll build on that to take three points in the second half

COME ON URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRss!!!

Nice one Dylan,
Agreed with everything you've said especially Kakay, Willock and Johansen.
And of course Charlie but he is struggling by his own high standards today.
Huddersfield Match Thread on 16:04 - Mar 13 with 1398 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Good half from us I thought. Huddersfield started well but we matched them physically and imposed our game and had the better of the last 20 mins. Some delightful football although only really Kanes chance to show for it. Huddersfield holding on towards the end I felt. First goal will possibly win this game.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Huddersfield Match Thread on 16:04 - Mar 13 with 1390 viewsactonman

This could still go either way or be a draw ?

Think HUD’s first 30 mins trying to chase everything has worn them out a bit that’s why we finished the half with them barely touching the ball. If Kane scored they would be bang in trouble but as it is they have a second wind to come.
Huddersfield Match Thread on 16:04 - Mar 13 with 1376 viewsstevec

Playing ok, just like to see someone run at their defence, Chair gambled a couple of times, Willock could do same
Huddersfield Match Thread on 16:07 - Mar 13 with 1302 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Back underway.

Huddersfield Match Thread on 16:07 - Mar 13 with 1295 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Right... just got home from getting my first jab, so the boys can kick on now!
Huddersfield Match Thread on 16:08 - Mar 13 with 1265 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kakay cross cleared.

Huddersfield Match Thread on 16:08 - Mar 13 with 1228 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great cross by Kane headed clear.

Huddersfield Match Thread on 16:09 - Mar 13 with 1205 viewsVancouverHoop

Kakay's playing in front of Kane on an overlap much of the time. I wonder if he's been told to do that?
Huddersfield Match Thread on 16:11 - Mar 13 with 1138 viewskarl

Kakay is playing well but we are missing Dickie carrying the ball forward and create the overload, Ossie did it once and caused uncertainty. Can't see how we can adapt it unless Geoff comes on for Ossie?
Huddersfield Match Thread on 16:11 - Mar 13 with 1102 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Huddersfield Match Thread on 16:11 - Mar 13 by karl

Kakay is playing well but we are missing Dickie carrying the ball forward and create the overload, Ossie did it once and caused uncertainty. Can't see how we can adapt it unless Geoff comes on for Ossie?

Agreed.

Huddersfield Match Thread on 16:13 - Mar 13 with 953 viewsqprxtc

Huddersfield Match Thread on 16:11 - Mar 13 by karl

Say what?
Huddersfield Match Thread on 16:14 - Mar 13 with 950 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Kane picks another switch ball down with ease. He really does control those brilliantly.

His cross found Austin, but he was offside.

Holmes and ? for Mbenza and Rowe.

Huddersfield Match Thread on 16:14 - Mar 13 with 933 viewsDieByYourSide

Charlie mate, get in the box!

Poll: And it's hi ho

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024