Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League One 10:44 - Mar 22 with 4009 viewsted_hendrix

Just had a quick look and noticed the demise of Wigan who are now in the relegation zone, WTF happened to that club?
Barton's Gas level with them on goal difference.
Hull will be joining us next season unless they implode.
FWIW I find these leagues much more interesting than Man City's Premiership.

Have a nice day.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

League One on 11:16 - Mar 22 with 3124 viewsPhildo

still in admin I think with various torturous takeovers failing to materialise
League One on 11:37 - Mar 22 with 3064 viewsToast_R

I believe they've just resolved a take over deal according to Lisa Nandy the other day.

Looking a bit further down the leagues, I see Sutton United are in with a great chance of getting int he EFL.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2021 11:39]
League One on 12:32 - Mar 22 with 2966 viewsstevec

League One on 11:37 - Mar 22 by Toast_R

I believe they've just resolved a take over deal according to Lisa Nandy the other day.

Looking a bit further down the leagues, I see Sutton United are in with a great chance of getting int he EFL.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2021 11:39]

Yeah Sutton going really well. May be mistaken but if Sutton do go up think that'll be the first Surrey team ever in the Football League.
League One on 12:44 - Mar 22 with 2927 viewsCroydonCaptJack

League One on 12:32 - Mar 22 by stevec

Yeah Sutton going really well. May be mistaken but if Sutton do go up think that'll be the first Surrey team ever in the Football League.

That is quite a fact if true.
I should know the answer given it is my home County but I certainly can't recall any.
League One on 13:06 - Mar 22 with 2868 viewsToast_R

League One on 12:44 - Mar 22 by CroydonCaptJack

I should know the answer given it is my home County but I certainly can't recall any.

I can only assume it is true.
League One on 13:10 - Mar 22 with 2853 viewsstevec

League One on 12:44 - Mar 22 by CroydonCaptJack

Surprising, in what's considered one of the more affluent counties, that a wealthy owner hasn't had a crack at taking over a Surrey side and see how far they can go with it.

Dorking Wanderers is a good story of a club started with literally nothing. Risen from nowhere to top of the National League South when season abandoned.
League One on 13:24 - Mar 22 with 2810 viewsSimplyNico

League One on 13:10 - Mar 22 by stevec

Surprising, in what's considered one of the more affluent counties, that a wealthy owner hasn't had a crack at taking over a Surrey side and see how far they can go with it.

Dorking Wanderers is a good story of a club started with literally nothing. Risen from nowhere to top of the National League South when season abandoned.

It's difficult to do in terms of getting planning in Surrey. There was this story back in 2006 http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/southern_counties/5061386.stm

It went nowhere.
League One on 13:32 - Mar 22 with 2763 viewsPaddyhoops

I thought Chelsea were fro Surrey!! No?
Login to get fewer ads

League One on 13:43 - Mar 22 with 2726 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

League One on 13:32 - Mar 22 by Paddyhoops

Man Utd get most of their fanbase from Surrey I thought.

Couple of teams just over the border - Crawley Town and Aldershot Town - but no league teams ever from Surrey.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

League One on 13:47 - Mar 22 with 2716 viewsCamberleyR

I suppose if you want to split hairs then Wimbledon, prior to the establishment of the GLC in 1965 and the subsequent London boroughs, was historically in Surrey and a Surrey local government borough and Wimbledon FC would have come under the jurisdiction of the Surrey FA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Municipal_Borough_of_Wimbledon
[Post edited 22 Mar 2021 13:49]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

League One on 13:53 - Mar 22 with 2683 viewsterryb

Sutton would have to change their playing surface to be promoted, as Harrogate had to this season. No artificial surfaces allowed in the EFL.

As for the first Surrey team, I've always regarded Crystal Palace as a Surrey club!
League One on 13:58 - Mar 22 with 2661 viewsstevec

League One on 13:32 - Mar 22 by Paddyhoops

Bang out of order!

Pre covid there would be a gaggle of saddo's outside their Cobham training ground, always a pleasure to wind down the window and give them a drive-by U'RRRs.
League One on 13:58 - Mar 22 with 2661 viewsGloucs_R

Gloucester, Cheltenham and FGR all had / having good seasons. Must be something in the water down here.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

League One on 14:02 - Mar 22 with 2648 viewsstevec

Chelsea, Palace, Wimbledon, let's put the record straight. Anything with a London post code is not Surrey.
League One on 14:19 - Mar 22 with 2601 viewsdutch

Chelsea are definitely a Surry team. I remember being abused by some horrible skinhead oik at an away game at crumbling Stamford Bridge and the rather tasty chap from Ladbroke Grove next to me said to him. "Please be quiet my good man, I suspect you're from Surrey". Rather put him in his place I thought.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2021 14:23]
League One on 14:23 - Mar 22 with 2589 viewsCamberleyR

League One on 14:02 - Mar 22 by stevec

Chelsea, Palace, Wimbledon, let's put the record straight. Anything with a London post code is not Surrey.

But somewhere without a London post code like Sutton can be classed as London because it's in a London borough?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

League One on 14:43 - Mar 22 with 2537 viewsMelakaRanger

League One on 13:53 - Mar 22 by terryb

Sutton would have to change their playing surface to be promoted, as Harrogate had to this season. No artificial surfaces allowed in the EFL.

As for the first Surrey team, I've always regarded Crystal Palace as a Surrey club!

Really pleased for Sutton. My Godfather captained them at a Wembley Final. Many an enjoyable day spent as a boy going to Sutton United matches at Gander Green Lane. He passed years ago but I am sure he would have been immensely proud of the current team

I suspect they might decline promotion due to the substantial costs involved to bring the ground/pitch up to League standards.
League One on 15:01 - Mar 22 with 2506 viewsCroydonCaptJack

My youngest played for Chipstead in the Surrey Youth league and we used to laugh at how big Surrey seemed to be. We were playing teams from all over the place. Several near Uxbridge and Heathrow. I think it was the best youth league so teams from outside applied to be in it. Defeats the object a bit though.
League One on 15:11 - Mar 22 with 2473 viewskensalriser

Palace were undoubtedly a Surrey team until 1963.

Chelsea is north of the river. so would have been Middlesex (long time ago).

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

League One on 15:14 - Mar 22 with 2460 viewsMickS

League One on 15:01 - Mar 22 by CroydonCaptJack

My youngest played for Chipstead in the Surrey Youth league and we used to laugh at how big Surrey seemed to be. We were playing teams from all over the place. Several near Uxbridge and Heathrow. I think it was the best youth league so teams from outside applied to be in it. Defeats the object a bit though.

Have it!
League One on 15:32 - Mar 22 with 2418 viewsCroydonCaptJack

League One on 15:14 - Mar 22 by MickS

Have it!

We were playing over that way one Sunday and I was running the line. I overheard one of the other teams coaches talking about what was clearly our game the day before so I 'U Rsss' d him (as you do)
Turns out he sits about a dozen rows from me in Ellerslie so I sometimes bump into him at home games.
League One on 15:55 - Mar 22 with 2375 viewsMickS

League One on 15:32 - Mar 22 by CroydonCaptJack

We were playing over that way one Sunday and I was running the line. I overheard one of the other teams coaches talking about what was clearly our game the day before so I 'U Rsss' d him (as you do)
Turns out he sits about a dozen rows from me in Ellerslie so I sometimes bump into him at home games.

I tried a urrrs a couple of days ago - the reaction I got was as though I showed the bloke a pair of Chelsea pants.
League One on 16:02 - Mar 22 with 2354 viewsToast_R

League One on 14:23 - Mar 22 by CamberleyR

But somewhere without a London post code like Sutton can be classed as London because it's in a London borough?

May be an issue for them seeing as Sutton Common Rovers also play there. That pitch is going to cut up like a mofo.

Oops, wrong quote. In reply to the one about them changing their 5G to a grass pitch
[Post edited 22 Mar 2021 16:03]
League One on 17:19 - Mar 22 with 2251 viewsTomS

League One on 13:10 - Mar 22 by stevec

I suspect that they may be wealthy people who don't want to lose a lot of money very quickly, by buying a football club and trying to spend your way to success.
League One on 23:48 - Mar 22 with 2059 viewsBoston

League One on 14:43 - Mar 22 by MelakaRanger

Really pleased for Sutton. My Godfather captained them at a Wembley Final. Many an enjoyable day spent as a boy going to Sutton United matches at Gander Green Lane. He passed years ago but I am sure he would have been immensely proud of the current team

I suspect they might decline promotion due to the substantial costs involved to bring the ground/pitch up to League standards.

Whose dis Sutton family Capo,huh? Me an da gumba's over here tink youse better stay in dem lower reaches hoods.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024