Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FPP/Profit and Sustainability 11:34 - Apr 29 with 2352 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Do we know for a fact that this is being scrapped for next year for iur Division?
I keep hearing rumours...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 11:37 - Apr 29 with 2337 viewsNorthernr

ATM they've just said that this year's and next year's accounts will be taken together in the judgement (so no punishment yet for Reading's enormous breach) and Covid will be taken into account (presumably whatever you received in ticketing and hospitality before and didn't in 2020/21 will be added to your total).

It'll be scrapped. UEFA are already getting rid of their version.
FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 12:19 - Apr 29 with 2187 viewsBrianMcCarthy

FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 11:37 - Apr 29 by Northernr

ATM they've just said that this year's and next year's accounts will be taken together in the judgement (so no punishment yet for Reading's enormous breach) and Covid will be taken into account (presumably whatever you received in ticketing and hospitality before and didn't in 2020/21 will be added to your total).

Ok, thanks Clive.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 12:33 - Apr 29 with 2141 viewsozexile

Scrapped for 2 X seasons or scrapped for good?
FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 12:46 - Apr 29 with 2112 viewsBostonR

What happens with the huge penalties levied against us? I assume Hoos will charge -in with the lawyers?
FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 13:04 - Apr 29 with 2044 viewsbosh67

Surely there must be a case that we and other clubs still paying FFP fines should at the very least have the fines reduced or expunged given the pandemic and its far reaching effects on the game? Surely a punishment designed to 'keep clubs in line with spending sustainability' cannot be expected to continue paying those crippling fines and survive? After all the fines were imposed to make clubs understand sustainability. If they are levied at the same rate then surely the effects will be to make clubs like ours unsustainable. At the very least the fine should be put into probation for perhaps 5 years. If we keep the club running sustainably over that period then the outstanding fine should be expunged. This seems to me to be a fair and proper way for the instigators of the fine to keep face and us and other clubs under such restrictions to move forward.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 13:15 - Apr 29 with 2014 viewsNorthernr

FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 12:46 - Apr 29 by BostonR

What happens with the huge penalties levied against us? I assume Hoos will charge -in with the lawyers?

Well you're punished under the rules as they were at the time. The rules actually changed between our 2013/14 breach and our 2015/16 return, and we tried to argue then that if the rules were changed because they were crap we should be charged under the rules as they are now and not as they were then, but no dice.
FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 13:16 - Apr 29 with 2012 viewsNorthernr

FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 12:33 - Apr 29 by ozexile

Scrapped for 2 X seasons or scrapped for good?

Scrapped altogether. That's my guess BTW, I just don't see how they can carry on with it post Covid.
FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 14:17 - Apr 29 with 1865 viewsrsonist

There's no way it's going back to a free market Wild West, although it may be that during the immediate transitional period now clubs confident of avoiding sanction will act more recklessly. UEFA have made preliminary proposals to move away from the break-even model to ... they don't know what right now, but something to do with a proportional salary cap via "luxury tax". But even that'll be in consultation with clubs, with a trial adaptation period ...

It would still be breaking the rules, but in theory now's the time to bend them if so inclined.
Login to get fewer ads

FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 15:40 - Apr 29 with 1728 viewsdenhamhoop2

FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 13:16 - Apr 29 by Northernr

Scrapped altogether. That's my guess BTW, I just don't see how they can carry on with it post Covid.

Surely a wage cap is the only way to go not sure how it would work with parachute payments maybe allow them 60 percent above first year 40 percent second and 20 last year of the payments. If anyone argues relegated sides cannot drop down to 60 percent above the cap then surely all clubs other than the Shameful Six should have relegation clauses in players contracts if not then tough deal with the consequences
FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 17:03 - Apr 29 with 1633 viewsRangersDave

I think a total spend levy should be made to each club dependant on league, with ccounts showing if you break it, each year, then fine the fc uk out of them.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 17:19 - Apr 29 with 1597 viewsQPR_Jim

FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 13:16 - Apr 29 by Northernr

I hope they're not fully scrapped as it would be unfair on those who complied with the rules for the two years prior to covid if it was then ignored. They have the ability to adjust how you calculate the losses so they should just use that to compensate. Losses in revenue due to covid can be calculated from previous years and taken into account, to make it fair. I know everyone is suffering but I don't think it should be used as an excuse for sustainability rules to be removed.
FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 17:42 - Apr 29 with 1552 viewsR_from_afar

FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 13:15 - Apr 29 by Northernr

Well you're punished under the rules as they were at the time. The rules actually changed between our 2013/14 breach and our 2015/16 return, and we tried to argue then that if the rules were changed because they were crap we should be charged under the rules as they are now and not as they were then, but no dice.

That was Lex Mitior.

Or was Lex Mitior actually a Belgian winger we had on loan?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 18:20 - Apr 29 with 1499 viewsdaveB

FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 13:04 - Apr 29 by bosh67

Surely there must be a case that we and other clubs still paying FFP fines should at the very least have the fines reduced or expunged given the pandemic and its far reaching effects on the game? Surely a punishment designed to 'keep clubs in line with spending sustainability' cannot be expected to continue paying those crippling fines and survive? After all the fines were imposed to make clubs understand sustainability. If they are levied at the same rate then surely the effects will be to make clubs like ours unsustainable. At the very least the fine should be put into probation for perhaps 5 years. If we keep the club running sustainably over that period then the outstanding fine should be expunged. This seems to me to be a fair and proper way for the instigators of the fine to keep face and us and other clubs under such restrictions to move forward.

Hard for them to pay back fines when some clubs have had points deductions. Sheff Wed have basically been relegated due to breaching FFP
FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 18:31 - Apr 29 with 1482 viewscolinallcars

FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 18:20 - Apr 29 by daveB

Hard for them to pay back fines when some clubs have had points deductions. Sheff Wed have basically been relegated due to breaching FFP

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Wednesday had their points deduction cancelled thus relegating some other poor sods.
FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 18:49 - Apr 29 with 1451 viewsterryb

FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 18:31 - Apr 29 by colinallcars

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Wednesday had their points deduction cancelled thus relegating some other poor sods.

I'm all in favour of this. Wayne Rooney's Derby County would then be in Division one next season!
FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 09:47 - Apr 30 with 1145 viewsfrancisbowles

FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 13:15 - Apr 29 by Northernr

Your correct, of course but:

If you murder someone on a Monday, get found guilty on Tuesday, get sentenced to death on Wednesday (to be carried out on Friday) and then they abolish the death penalty on Thursday, they are not going to able to hang you.

I wonder if Nick De Marco thought of that one. Lol.
FPP/Profit and Sustainability on 17:30 - Apr 30 with 979 viewsTGRRRSSS

We are QPR so we will be punished regardless.

AS for the Death Pen, didt a State in US get rid of DP a while ago, but it was only going forward, so anybody on Death Row already would still technically get that punishment.

Not thinking of the most recent Virginia - who I believe is first state in the "south" to drop DP.

Sorry off topic there.

Think state might have been Connecticut, but in the event they commuted all those left later.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024