Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Geoff Cameron 19:04 - May 5 with 5254 viewsBakes

Playing in the USA next season

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/qpr-skipper-geoff-cameron-set-to-depart-050
[Post edited 5 May 2021 19:06]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Geoff Cameron on 19:22 - May 5 with 4330 viewsDorse

I look forward to next season's Dom Ball Facts. For example, the greatest trick Dom Ball ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Geoff Cameron on 19:25 - May 5 with 4313 viewsdaveB

Good luck to him, could have come in and took the money but worked hard for the team over 3 seasons and always been out and about helping with the community trust. Right decision to leave as don't think he has another season of championship football in him
Geoff Cameron on 19:27 - May 5 with 4303 viewsToast_R

So who's the next club captain then?

Charlie Austin of course...
Geoff Cameron on 19:27 - May 5 with 4303 viewsQPR_Jim

Looks like a good decision for all parties. A good pro, wish him all the best.
Geoff Cameron on 19:34 - May 5 with 4252 viewsHarbour

Good luck Geoff thanks for time at Rangers hope he comes back one day for proper farewell with fans...Honest pro always put a shift in.
Geoff Cameron on 19:43 - May 5 with 4193 viewseghamranger

Geoff Cameron on 19:27 - May 5 by Toast_R

Rob Dickie I should think
Geoff Cameron on 19:49 - May 5 with 4160 viewsdistortR

not my favourite player, but definitely effective - we were a better team when he played for the majority of his tenure.
Thanks and best wishes
Geoff Cameron on 19:52 - May 5 with 4146 viewsTonto

Not the biggest shock announcement.

He did a job for us. Get his reasons for moving on. Suits us too.

Will miss his weekly facts.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Login to get fewer ads

Geoff Cameron on 19:54 - May 5 with 4128 viewsMaggsinho

I’d imagine Wallace or Barbet would be ahead of him at the moment.

Does this suggest de Wijs is on his way in permanently if they’re comfortable releasing him?
[Post edited 5 May 2021 19:55]
Geoff Cameron on 19:57 - May 5 with 4110 viewsNed_Kennedys

Been a very good player for us, especially this season when he has played a lot more games than most predicted. Decent captain too. All the very best for the future Geoff: top man.
Geoff Cameron on 20:13 - May 5 with 4038 viewsqueensparker

Was a great signing for us over the seasons in the end - Stoke fans said he was for the knackers yard but he solidified centre mid when he came in and then did 35 games this year in one of our best defences for years.

Him, Austin and Johansen show that while we’re turning up the Ezes and Chairs and Willocks we also need the wise old heads.

Cheers Geoff and best of luck
Geoff Cameron on 20:18 - May 5 with 4012 viewsBostonR

Top professional and very effective player for us. I wish him well in the US and will look out for where he lands.
Geoff Cameron on 20:19 - May 5 with 4009 viewsMrSheen

90 games! Good on him, never held back.
Geoff Cameron on 21:52 - May 5 with 3638 viewsTacticalR

Generally he has done well for us.

It's true that as time has gone on he has made some heavy tackles and some wild miskicks, but he was the kind of defensive-minded midfielder we needed at the time that he came in. He could also turn defence into attack through a judicious forward pass.

Air hostess clique

Geoff Cameron on 21:52 - May 5 with 3625 viewsbrad

top man...best of luck for future....did a solid job for us
Geoff Cameron on 22:30 - May 5 with 3454 viewsBoston

Doesn’t actually say he’s going to play in the US, just that he’s hanging up his boots in England. Wonder will he return to his home town?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Geoff Cameron on 22:51 - May 5 with 3364 viewsLazyFan

Johansen should be signed now and made captain.
Barbs can be vice-captain.

Hopefully, we get the Dutchie in as well, I did say we need to get an ugly monster of a central defender in and Mr Hyde will do.

With these two and Fields, we can afford to experiment on fullbacks and striker again.

zzzzzzzzzz

Geoff Cameron on 23:42 - May 5 with 3260 viewsbosh67

He was an excellent signing on the pitch and behind the scenes. Very good captain and leader. Best of luck to him back in the US.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Geoff Cameron on 07:11 - May 6 with 3078 viewsthompsonridd

Geoff Cameron on 19:27 - May 5 by Toast_R

Johansen 🤞
Geoff Cameron on 07:21 - May 6 with 3062 viewsNorthernr

Geoff Cameron on 23:42 - May 5 by bosh67

He was an excellent signing on the pitch and behind the scenes. Very good captain and leader. Best of luck to him back in the US.

Seconded.
Geoff Cameron on 08:11 - May 6 with 2978 viewsstevec

A real professional, played a major part in keeping this club at arms length from League One at times when we could easily have capitulated, he’s done us proud and a pleasure to have him play for us.
Geoff Cameron on 08:45 - May 6 with 2915 viewsMetallica_Hoop

He did a good job for us and never shirked, a bit like Ryan Nelson.

All the best Mr Cameron.

(edit: Amazing the difference a coma makes to a sentence )
[Post edited 6 May 2021 9:06]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Geoff Cameron on 09:13 - May 6 with 2834 viewsMrSheen

Let history record, he played the last two Boxing Days (P2, L2, but never mind), and it would have been three but for Kalvin Phillips.
Geoff Cameron on 09:51 - May 6 with 2745 viewssimmo

On the pitch he was limited, but always put in a shift and his availability at 34/35 years of age is testament to his professionalism and commitment. Other players younger than him are less physically able to commit to the minutes/schedule he does *cough Austin cough* - so big respect for putting it on the line week after week in a punishing league for little QPR.

He obviously doesnt have the same modern CB skillsets of your Dickie's and Barbets, but he played whenever and wherever he was asked, even popping up admirably at RB once, and our defence seemed improved with him at the heart of it for some of the most memorable defensive efforts in recent seasons. Not to do his ability any disservice though - there was the odd outside of the foot through ball and shoulder drop and drives into midfield that showed he still had a bit about him.

Not everyone's cup of joe, mine included, but did a good job for us and I wish him the best of luck back in the States.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Geoff Cameron on 10:18 - May 6 with 2690 viewsfrancisbowles

Geoff Cameron on 19:54 - May 5 by Maggsinho

I’d imagine Wallace or Barbet would be ahead of him at the moment.

Does this suggest de Wijs is on his way in permanently if they’re comfortable releasing him?
[Post edited 5 May 2021 19:55]

We're not releasing him he is out of contract. However, it was unlikely we were going to offer him a new one on terms he would find acceptable. He can probably earn more in the USA.

He's been very good for us. He played almost every game up to De Wijs's debut and I thought at that time he may get another year but his 'fitness' since, has almost certainly finished any ideas of that kind.

I hope he gets a late cameo on Saturday as the most fitting goodbye we can manage at present. One for Forever Rs in the future.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024