Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin official 15:07 - Jun 2 with 11692 viewsBAWHoops

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Austin official on 20:31 - Jun 2 with 2806 viewsMatch82

Austin official on 20:26 - Jun 2 by Ned_Kennedys

Very pleased with this, and fantastic to see the club get their business done early.

Agreed. I can't remember the last time I felt so optimistic about the way the club is approaching things on and off the pitch
Austin official on 20:45 - Jun 2 with 2691 viewsqprxtc

They say never go back.

They also say the present is tomorrow’s past.

Chaz. Scores goals.

For Queens Park Rangers Football Club.

I’ll buy that for a dollar.
Austin official on 20:53 - Jun 2 with 2673 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Austin official on 16:20 - Jun 2 by robith

Being annoyingly sincere for a minute, last August my dad got a medical diagnosis that was basically curtains. I know Charlie's return really kept his spirits up through chemo in lockdown, and certainly enabled us to have something else to talk about.

Now by some combination of medical science, his own stubborn grit and pure cosmic coincidence, he's still here and fingers crossed, while medium term it's still bad news, will be into the start of the season.

I'm a big hard rugby player, but I'm not afraid to admit the possibility of going back to Loftus Road at least once more with the auld fella, and getting to see CHARLIE F**KING AUSTIN play for us, has made me pretty emotional today

Hope you and your Dad get that special day. And many more besides.

Much love, brother R.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Austin official on 21:04 - Jun 2 with 2627 viewsRandom_Ranger

Not that I write here often and I wont get to many matches. But I really want to now, as Clive says, that first roar will be amazing! Onwards and upwards.You Rrrs!!
Austin official on 21:08 - Jun 2 with 2614 viewsDorse

Dorse approves.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Austin official on 21:12 - Jun 2 with 2586 viewsLythamR

Good backup for Dykes

Pleased certainly ups the feelgood factor and may help Johanson if there is a decision to be made
Austin official on 21:28 - Jun 2 with 2524 viewsenfieldargh

Austin official on 16:20 - Jun 2 by robith

Being annoyingly sincere for a minute, last August my dad got a medical diagnosis that was basically curtains. I know Charlie's return really kept his spirits up through chemo in lockdown, and certainly enabled us to have something else to talk about.

Now by some combination of medical science, his own stubborn grit and pure cosmic coincidence, he's still here and fingers crossed, while medium term it's still bad news, will be into the start of the season.

I'm a big hard rugby player, but I'm not afraid to admit the possibility of going back to Loftus Road at least once more with the auld fella, and getting to see CHARLIE F**KING AUSTIN play for us, has made me pretty emotional today

Nothing annoying about being sincere.

Really hope that you and your dad get to many more games together and that our team gives you two and the rest of us some memories to cherish

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Austin official on 21:46 - Jun 2 with 2460 viewssilky

Absolutely thrilled with this.

I do have one question though. Has anyone else noticed Charlie hasn’t really said anything about MW in particular. Obviously he’s all about the club in general but have never really heard his say anything about the gaffer?

Can’t wait for next season, some serious optimism is building! Don’t pop it!

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Login to get fewer ads

Austin official on 21:50 - Jun 2 with 2446 viewsEsox_Lucius

Hopefully this will the incentive that spur Stef Johansen on to join the R's.
With such an important season ahead does anyone else see the value of seeing if we can get Steve Black to be with the team for the season?

The grass is always greener.

Austin official on 22:04 - Jun 2 with 2380 viewsrsonist

Austin official on 21:50 - Jun 2 by Esox_Lucius

Hopefully this will the incentive that spur Stef Johansen on to join the R's.
With such an important season ahead does anyone else see the value of seeing if we can get Steve Black to be with the team for the season?

What? No.
Austin official on 22:31 - Jun 2 with 2303 viewsstrikerace

First home match will be amazing. The roar when he gets introduced will be spine chilling
Austin official on 23:28 - Jun 2 with 2173 viewsLazyFan

Austin official on 21:12 - Jun 2 by LythamR

Good backup for Dykes

Pleased certainly ups the feelgood factor and may help Johanson if there is a decision to be made

I think he's there to distract the oppo defence whilst our real danger men, Chair, Willock and Dykes do all the damage. As a result, it does not matter if he scores or not, as long as the tactic along with formation works to keep us in winning ways.

This is where Chaz will really help us with his reputation distracting the oppo by over marking him for the others to turn them around again and again.

zzzzzzzzzz

Austin official on 23:32 - Jun 2 with 2170 viewsqueensparker

That squad that finished last season was going places and massive credit to the club for getting 3/4 of the pieces in place already.

Johansen is still the key to that turnaround for me and I reckon there was no chance he would consider us next season without Austin in the team. A massive statement today of intent and hopefully it’s 4/4 before too long.

What a change it would be to start a new season with the same team that finished the last. And a good team too. Maybe even a couple of cheeky wildcards to come?
Austin official on 23:36 - Jun 2 with 2156 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Was more worried about not getting Austin than Johanson.

I feel like Sam Field can fill that role but not sure we have anyone that does what Austin does. Getting Johansen will be a bonus.
Austin official on 08:01 - Jun 3 with 1920 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Austin official on 23:32 - Jun 2 by queensparker

That squad that finished last season was going places and massive credit to the club for getting 3/4 of the pieces in place already.

Johansen is still the key to that turnaround for me and I reckon there was no chance he would consider us next season without Austin in the team. A massive statement today of intent and hopefully it’s 4/4 before too long.

What a change it would be to start a new season with the same team that finished the last. And a good team too. Maybe even a couple of cheeky wildcards to come?

I said the other week one would be nice now we have 3/4.

Well done those who made it possible.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Austin official on 09:03 - Jun 3 with 1847 viewsw7r

I too was a doubter when Charlie returned back in Jan. That quickly developed into my becoming a serial doubter, after seeing the Johansen compilation featuring some serious shithousery that was floating about at the time, along with a number a comments that his legs had gone, shadow of the player he was etc.

Couldn't have been any more wrong could I? Charlie has brought so much more than goals and Stefan has been a revelation.

I'm really hoping that Charlie returning will entice Stefan to make the move to W12, we've done some great business early on, securing Stefan really would be a real statement. I think Sam Field long term will be very capable successor, but SJ's form, class, experience and nous at this level will prove invaluable this season.

Fingers crossed we get him, and maybe even a couple of cheeky leftfield additions if the terms are right.

UR'sss
Austin official on 10:05 - Jun 3 with 1740 viewsMyke

I have given my views on Austin ad nauseum elsewhere so no need to revisit them . For now, suffice to say he is a good signing and a good signal that me intend to have a real go next season.I trust Hoos and Co not to destroy two years of progress off the pitch and have found ways to keep Austin within our current structure.
Difficult to see how we will include Austin, Dykes, Chair and Willock on the pitch at the same time using a back five formation. It leaves us lighti in central midfield numerically despite having plenty of personnel (Field, Ball, Amos, Carroll Thomas) to fill that berth. More likely, either Austin or Willock will be used as a impact substitute, with any two of the above five in mid-field.
While, Johansen was superb for us, I am not sure we need to resign him now, as we have a glut of midfielders ( I haven't even mentioned some of the kids) and limited spaces available. Sadly, this looks like Adomah will also become even more periferal, not sure he will be happy to accept even less game time.
On current squad members, the team starting next season would look something like this.
Dieng
Dickie Jorgi Barbet
Kakay Amos Field Wallace
Chair/Willock
Austin/Dykes
By this I mean either both Chair and Willock OR both Austin and Dykes

For me, the priority now has to be right wing back. My preferred option would be to retain Kane and see if he can wrestle the shirt back off Kakay when he has served his suspension. However, if he moves on, than a quality right wing back, with some Championship experience ,is top of my wish list. Oh and sort out our No 2 keeper.
Austin official on 11:59 - Jun 3 with 1604 viewsdmm

Whereas I agree with much of your analysis Myke, I think most of us feel Johansen was the most important signing of the 4 loans, and for me that still holds true.

You've put Amos in Johansen's position but, given what we've already seen of him, there's every possibility he'll take some time to get up to speed. I hope he can and does reach the form he began to show just before his latest injury but with ACLs you just don't know what effect it has until the player has a run of competitive games.
Austin official on 12:16 - Jun 3 with 1553 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I would agree with dennis the menance. JoJo was pivotal while on loan. I'm not sure any of our other options can play with either his toughness or his invention. All of the midfield players show promise but JoJo is ready now, and if we can't get him we need to find someone of his ilk.

Austin official on 12:19 - Jun 3 with 1539 viewssprocket

Austin official on 12:16 - Jun 3 by BrianMcCarthy

I would agree with dennis the menance. JoJo was pivotal while on loan. I'm not sure any of our other options can play with either his toughness or his invention. All of the midfield players show promise but JoJo is ready now, and if we can't get him we need to find someone of his ilk.

You forgot his level of shithousery. Right up there with the best...
Austin official on 12:22 - Jun 3 with 1527 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Austin official on 12:19 - Jun 3 by sprocket

You forgot his level of shithousery. Right up there with the best...

And he's got a floppy haircut.

You need some of that in The Modern Game.

Austin official on 12:31 - Jun 3 with 1495 viewsPinnerPaul

Austin official on 21:46 - Jun 2 by silky

Absolutely thrilled with this.

I do have one question though. Has anyone else noticed Charlie hasn’t really said anything about MW in particular. Obviously he’s all about the club in general but have never really heard his say anything about the gaffer?

Can’t wait for next season, some serious optimism is building! Don’t pop it!

See my very same question above and DaveB's reply.
Austin official on 12:42 - Jun 3 with 1467 viewsStainrod

For me Johansen is also pivotal as he has both steel and vision which is a rare combination.

I think Field has been signed to be our Gary Waddock alongside Johansen's John Gregory (almost wrote "our Tony Currie", but even I accept that would be an over-statement).

I see us being linked with Mowat regularly - he is a free agent and has impressive stats.

Wonder if the club see him as a back up option if we can't get Johansen?
Austin official on 20:55 - Jun 3 with 1289 viewssilky

Austin official on 12:31 - Jun 3 by PinnerPaul

See my very same question above and DaveB's reply.

Haha how bizarre.

I didn’t read the whole thread. Glad it wasn’t just me that noticed it. Thought out of the whole thing Charlie not really saying anything of note about MW was the only odd bit.

Thanks for the reply Mr Ref!

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Austin official on 14:58 - Jun 4 with 1094 viewsPinnerPaul

Austin official on 20:55 - Jun 3 by silky

Haha how bizarre.

I didn’t read the whole thread. Glad it wasn’t just me that noticed it. Thought out of the whole thing Charlie not really saying anything of note about MW was the only odd bit.

Thanks for the reply Mr Ref!

Glad it wasn't just me either!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024