Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell signed 10:15 - Jun 11 with 30343 viewsloftboy

According to TWTD
https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/510535/page:1

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Dozzell signed on 23:01 - Jun 22 with 3006 viewskensalriser

If we can keep Dozzell out of the team he'll be our best player come Christmas, especially if we're not winning every game.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dozzell signed on 00:24 - Jun 23 with 2902 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Dozzell signed on 18:39 - Jun 22 by dmm

As we've seen with not only Dozzell and Field but Willock and probably Kelman too, the policy seems to be to target young players who see moving on as essential for their careers.

Yes that’s my take on it too. Not only for the younger players in fact but the older players too. Austin and Adomah for obvious reasons. Geoff Cameron and Angel Rangel older but just wanted to keep playing and help the youngsters. De Wijs and JoJo somewhere in the middle.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Dozzell signed on 00:30 - Jun 23 with 2892 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Dozzell signed on 22:13 - Jun 22 by stowmarketrange

A lot of Ipswich fans who I’ve spoken to seem to think he hasn’t fulfilled his potential and has been living on his dad’s name when he plays,but a lot of our fans say the same about some of the players who leave our club too.I’m prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt until he puts on a qpr shirt in a game.

Yes fair to say that he has a clean slate here.

Dozzell signed on 11:09 - Sep 12 with 2460 viewsBazzeR

After the injury to Sam Field I would have guessed that Andre Dozzell would have been the natural replacement to partner Steff Johansen as the holding M/F player.

MW spoke very highly of him early in the season saying he ‘snaps into tackles and has a good range of passing’

Being as he has been given very little game and difficult to judge fairly is he being looked at as only being a direct substitute for Steff when injured or suspended.

In yesterday’s game Steff was either starved of possession or went missing when Reading equalised and eventually led 3-1.
Steff obviously came up with the equaliser and it’s possible he’s carrying an injury but his influence on games this season has been slightly down on last season for me.
Again yesterday I saw MW with his arms out wide open and looking at Steff as if to say ‘what the f***k is going on’ after the 3rd goal for them.

When Field is back and available for selection where does it leave Dozzell and Amos.
Dozzell signed on 12:04 - Sep 12 with 2256 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Dozzell signed on 11:09 - Sep 12 by BazzeR

After the injury to Sam Field I would have guessed that Andre Dozzell would have been the natural replacement to partner Steff Johansen as the holding M/F player.

MW spoke very highly of him early in the season saying he ‘snaps into tackles and has a good range of passing’

Being as he has been given very little game and difficult to judge fairly is he being looked at as only being a direct substitute for Steff when injured or suspended.

In yesterday’s game Steff was either starved of possession or went missing when Reading equalised and eventually led 3-1.
Steff obviously came up with the equaliser and it’s possible he’s carrying an injury but his influence on games this season has been slightly down on last season for me.
Again yesterday I saw MW with his arms out wide open and looking at Steff as if to say ‘what the f***k is going on’ after the 3rd goal for them.

When Field is back and available for selection where does it leave Dozzell and Amos.

In Hoos interview he actually talks about Dozzell as being a successor to Johansen. I'm not sure Field will get in the way of Dozzells development and having a number of good players in the same position is surely a good thing. Let's worry about this when they're all fit and performing.

Dozzell signed on 12:59 - Sep 12 with 2094 viewsBazzeR

Dozzell signed on 12:04 - Sep 12 by CliveWilsonSaid

In Hoos interview he actually talks about Dozzell as being a successor to Johansen. I'm not sure Field will get in the way of Dozzells development and having a number of good players in the same position is surely a good thing. Let's worry about this when they're all fit and performing.

All well and good saying ‘wait until they are all fit and performing’ but if Dozzell isn’t getting the nod over the likes of Dom Ball right now what chances will he have when both Amos and Field are fit.
Dozzell signed on 13:09 - Sep 12 with 2033 viewsstevec

All the games in first half of season are physical battles and with tackles flying about again, Dom Ball does a lot of the stuff Dozzell won’t.
Dozzell signed on 13:12 - Sep 12 with 2013 viewsstainrods_elbow

Dozzell signed on 11:09 - Sep 12 by BazzeR

All good points, and notwithstanding his equaliser yesterday to cap off another never-say-die finish, I'd go one step further and say, when Field and Amos are both available for selection, Johansen's position should be under scrutiny too (as indeed should everyone's). Or, to transpose onto the pitch our CEO + manager's heart-warming reminders that everyone has his price, no one, a priori, owns their place.

Stefan is obviously a very good player at this level, but there's something about his performances at times, especially since he signed over the summer, that stop me completely warming to me - I can't quite put my finger on it. A kind of faint whiff of he's a little bit above it all, or something. He blew hot and cold yesterday, and, as Andy Sinton tells us a bit misleadingly, it's your experienced players who you rely on not to go missing.

However, I'm more worried about Charlie, who, for me, is off the pace, off his game and looks, I'm sorry to say, a shambling shadow of the player he was even on loan last season. Is he unfit, seizing up, or is something else wrong? I hope he and the manager are onto it whatever it is, because we need a good 15 goals from him this season if we're to challenge.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell signed on 13:16 - Sep 12 with 2008 viewskensalriser

Competition for positions doesn't sound like much of a problem to me.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Dozzell signed on 17:30 - Sep 12 with 1796 viewsfrancisbowles

Dozzell signed on 13:12 - Sep 12 by stainrods_elbow

All good points, and notwithstanding his equaliser yesterday to cap off another never-say-die finish, I'd go one step further and say, when Field and Amos are both available for selection, Johansen's position should be under scrutiny too (as indeed should everyone's). Or, to transpose onto the pitch our CEO + manager's heart-warming reminders that everyone has his price, no one, a priori, owns their place.

Stefan is obviously a very good player at this level, but there's something about his performances at times, especially since he signed over the summer, that stop me completely warming to me - I can't quite put my finger on it. A kind of faint whiff of he's a little bit above it all, or something. He blew hot and cold yesterday, and, as Andy Sinton tells us a bit misleadingly, it's your experienced players who you rely on not to go missing.

However, I'm more worried about Charlie, who, for me, is off the pace, off his game and looks, I'm sorry to say, a shambling shadow of the player he was even on loan last season. Is he unfit, seizing up, or is something else wrong? I hope he and the manager are onto it whatever it is, because we need a good 15 goals from him this season if we're to challenge.

Well, I think you are overstating it a bit but last season, they regenerated a team, from January onwards, and had the incentive to play for a new contract. They are both struggling a little for fitness. Steff, I think, came with an injury which probably has to be managed albeit he is getting through 90 minutes now. Charlie has had many injuries so probably has to be careful not to do overdo the training. It would help him if we could get down the flanks a bit more. McCallum and Moses not really doing that enough yet.

Now they are cogs in team/squad that is performing pretty well with everyone playing their part.
Dozzell signed on 18:52 - Sep 12 with 1617 viewsbosh67

I'm not particularly concerned about Johansen or Austin. Both are a cut above in this division and we have a range of excellent players like Dozzell etc coming through. It's all good.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dozzell signed on 00:17 - Sep 13 with 1424 viewsstainrods_elbow

Dozzell signed on 12:04 - Sep 12 by CliveWilsonSaid

I think we can discount that - what does Hoos know about training and developing players? This is the same man who once told us he never gets involved in the coaching/managing decisions, though he seems to express a lot of views about such for a business administrator. It's quite bizarre really.

It looks like Dozzell is going to be a squad player this season, though I still feel he has potentially more to offer than Thomas or Ball, who are industrious but limited. It'll be interesting to see how things percolate when Amos and Field are competing for places.

For me, as I've said, I'd like to see Uncle start against Bournemouth, which probably means 4-3-3 /4-3-1-2/4-3-2-1, if not 4-4-2.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Dozzell signed on 00:33 - Sep 13 with 1417 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Dozzell signed on 12:59 - Sep 12 by BazzeR

All well and good saying ‘wait until they are all fit and performing’ but if Dozzell isn’t getting the nod over the likes of Dom Ball right now what chances will he have when both Amos and Field are fit.

I didn't say 'wait'

Dozzell signed on 00:36 - Sep 13 with 1411 viewsBoston

Dozzell signed on 00:33 - Sep 13 by CliveWilsonSaid

I didn't say 'wait'

Though weight can be a problem.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dozzell signed on 08:54 - Sep 13 with 1264 viewssevenhoop

Dozzell signed on 13:12 - Sep 12 by stainrods_elbow

couldn't disagree more about Johansen. i think he's again been brilliant this season. In fact i'd put him right up there as one of the very best midfielders that i have seen play for us at this level.

Charlie does look a bit off the pace. i think that knee injury half an hour into the season really knocked him back. Just hope he's working his way back to fitness. Highlights didn't show it, but he (as did we all) was convinced he had scored at (was it at 2-1 or 3-1 down) when the keeper appeared from nowhere to save, and that goal would have done him the world of good.
Dozzell signed on 09:06 - Sep 13 with 1227 viewsgazza1

Not a SJ thread but......

SJ is as overrated as Dom Ball is underrated on the pitch....my view is that both of them are good assets to the team and the squad in different ways. I like both of them.
Dozzell signed on 09:40 - Sep 13 with 1170 viewsWadR

Don't see it with the Johansen criticism or any suggestion he thinks he's above it. This is the guy who was sprinting to close down Coventry players in the 92nd minute the other week.

Thought he was our best player on Saturday (other than maybe Adomah). Some incredibly deft bits of passing and dribbling. Perhaps not as all action or defensively solid as he can be. But think one thing he's generally v good at is responding to the game situation well. Slowing things down and putting his foot on the ball when the game went a bit too end to end v Reading in the second half, popping up v advanced in the build up to our second goal, scoring the third, his demonic levels of pressing v Coventry.
Dozzell signed on 10:05 - Sep 13 with 1131 viewsdaveB

Criticism of Johansen, I've seen it all now
Dozzell signed on 10:24 - Sep 13 with 1098 viewsfrancisbowles

Dozzell signed on 00:17 - Sep 13 by stainrods_elbow

I think we can discount that - what does Hoos know about training and developing players? This is the same man who once told us he never gets involved in the coaching/managing decisions, though he seems to express a lot of views about such for a business administrator. It's quite bizarre really.

It looks like Dozzell is going to be a squad player this season, though I still feel he has potentially more to offer than Thomas or Ball, who are industrious but limited. It'll be interesting to see how things percolate when Amos and Field are competing for places.

For me, as I've said, I'd like to see Uncle start against Bournemouth, which probably means 4-3-3 /4-3-1-2/4-3-2-1, if not 4-4-2.

He's being interviewed by Clive, he watches the matches, he listens to Sir Les and MW. He's bound to express a few comments on playing matters but they are unlikely to be original thoughts.

As for Albert starting, it's a possibility this game and other matches as he is a valuable squad member but as a (soft) rule which would you rather have?

start when players are fresh and get subbed at 60
or
come on at 60 against tired defenders when the game is stretched
Dozzell signed on 10:56 - Sep 13 with 1037 viewswestberksr

Dozzell signed on 08:54 - Sep 13 by sevenhoop

couldn't disagree more about Johansen. i think he's again been brilliant this season. In fact i'd put him right up there as one of the very best midfielders that i have seen play for us at this level.

Charlie does look a bit off the pace. i think that knee injury half an hour into the season really knocked him back. Just hope he's working his way back to fitness. Highlights didn't show it, but he (as did we all) was convinced he had scored at (was it at 2-1 or 3-1 down) when the keeper appeared from nowhere to save, and that goal would have done him the world of good.

was chatting to a mate that watched SJ at Celtic, I commented exactly the same for the Cov game with him covering every blade of grass towards the end to ensure no late comeback emerged; this after a very good shithouse yellow when we were in danger earlier.

head and shoulders above others in midfield for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024