Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell signed 10:15 - Jun 11 with 30342 viewsloftboy

According to TWTD
https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/510535/page:1

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:59 - Jun 12 with 5084 viewsNorthLondonR

From a tow'en supporter:

He will be very good in a decent team. So composed on the ball see's passes that God can't see.

Drawbacks: no pace, can't tackle or defend
But that could be coached into him
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 13:33 - Jun 12 with 4958 viewsbosh67

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:59 - Jun 12 by NorthLondonR

From a tow'en supporter:

He will be very good in a decent team. So composed on the ball see's passes that God can't see.

He sounds quite similar to Ravel Morrison in terms of type of player. I suspect he's a player they want if a. they don't get Johansen - and b. to put him on the bench and through the B team to develop.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 13:53 - Jun 12 with 4889 viewsrsonist

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 13:33 - Jun 12 by bosh67

He sounds quite similar to Ravel Morrison in terms of type of player. I suspect he's a player they want if a. they don't get Johansen - and b. to put him on the bench and through the B team to develop.

He is seen mainly as a deep-lying pivot now, hence LTC replacement talk upthread.

You could point to Adel dropping deep in his dotage but AD has never had a dribble or turn of pace in him. In 2018 the Twitter account I posted above jokingly nicknames him Mesut Dözzell, which gives you an insight into the type of 10 he might have once potentially been / type of 6 he might be now.

Direct comparisons with regards to understudying the Johansen-Field axis are only going to end in strife I'd suggest. The Carroll/Dozzell will be a different, third type of option for us.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2021 16:24]
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 13:59 - Jun 12 with 4861 viewsrsonist

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:59 - Jun 12 by NorthLondonR

From a tow'en supporter:

Take with a big pinch of salt since no one else seems to agree...

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 21:44 - Jun 12 with 4501 viewsNorthLondonR

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 13:59 - Jun 12 by rsonist

Take with a big pinch of salt since no one else seems to agree...

Interesting...
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 09:20 - Jun 13 with 4207 viewsBazzeR

This rumoured signing is so different to the clubs recent way of concluding transfers.

Must be other clubs are interested.
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 11:47 - Jun 13 with 4004 viewsrsonist

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 09:20 - Jun 13 by BazzeR

This rumoured signing is so different to the clubs recent way of concluding transfers.

Must be other clubs are interested.

How's that? The majority of our transfers have been the same week or two's murmurs growing into awaiting confirmation.

Plus the window only just reopened, and it's the weekend.
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 11:59 - Jun 13 with 3972 viewsBazzeR

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 11:47 - Jun 13 by rsonist

How's that? The majority of our transfers have been the same week or two's murmurs growing into awaiting confirmation.

Plus the window only just reopened, and it's the weekend.

Excluding the loans I don’t remember seeing any rumours surrounding Dickie, Dykes or Bonne before they actually signed.

The only rumour I can remember is Kiefer Moore and that went tits up.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 12:03]
Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:13 - Jun 13 with 3907 viewsrsonist

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 11:59 - Jun 13 by BazzeR

Excluding the loans I don’t remember seeing any rumours surrounding Dickie, Dykes or Bonne before they actually signed.

The only rumour I can remember is Kiefer Moore and that went tits up.
[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 12:03]

Dickie by DieByYourSide 26 Aug 2020 18:32
https://twitter.com/Sean_Gallagher9/status/1298660604635422721

The man to sort out our entire defence once and for all! Oxford fans demanding £4m/5m in the replies and claiming he wouldn't be arsed about a move to us.

Lyndon Dykes by Hayesender 14 Aug 2020 12:43
https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/qpr-want-aussie-551774?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ftbl+rss

One for our Scottish lot. I've never heard of him

Macauley Bonne by LongsufferingR 17 Sep 2020 22:06
Apparently we have put in a second offer according to Talksport. Thoughts?

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:19 - Jun 13 with 3896 viewsBazzeR

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:13 - Jun 13 by rsonist

Dickie by DieByYourSide 26 Aug 2020 18:32
https://twitter.com/Sean_Gallagher9/status/1298660604635422721

The man to sort out our entire defence once and for all! Oxford fans demanding £4m/5m in the replies and claiming he wouldn't be arsed about a move to us.

Lyndon Dykes by Hayesender 14 Aug 2020 12:43
https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/qpr-want-aussie-551774?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ftbl+rss

One for our Scottish lot. I've never heard of him

Macauley Bonne by LongsufferingR 17 Sep 2020 22:06
Apparently we have put in a second offer according to Talksport. Thoughts?

I should have known better than to challenge your transfer knowledge Rsonist👍

[Post edited 13 Jun 2021 12:20]
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:35 - Jun 13 with 3835 viewsrsonist

To be fair, Blackburn supposedly have a long-standing interest in him and are gasping for midfielders at the mo so it's not implausible.

Do think if he's going to make good on his talent anywhere it'll be here though, hopefully that's obvious to him. Apart from having a first team spot guaranteed we're perfect for him in theory.
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:47 - Jun 13 with 3817 viewsdmm

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:35 - Jun 13 by rsonist

To be fair, Blackburn supposedly have a long-standing interest in him and are gasping for midfielders at the mo so it's not implausible.

Do think if he's going to make good on his talent anywhere it'll be here though, hopefully that's obvious to him. Apart from having a first team spot guaranteed we're perfect for him in theory.

Yes, there can be no guaranteed started spot for him with (fingers crossed) Johansen, Field and even (again fingers crossed) Amos. If Warburton sees him playing further forward he's in much the same boat, but he will play a part this coming season with the expectation of grabbing a starting berth in the future.

Hopefully, the B team will provide useful game time to aid his development.
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 16:34 - Jun 13 with 3391 viewsdavman

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 12:47 - Jun 13 by dmm

Yes, there can be no guaranteed started spot for him with (fingers crossed) Johansen, Field and even (again fingers crossed) Amos. If Warburton sees him playing further forward he's in much the same boat, but he will play a part this coming season with the expectation of grabbing a starting berth in the future.

Hopefully, the B team will provide useful game time to aid his development.

Where does this leave Dom Ball?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 17:49 - Jun 13 with 3183 viewsdmm

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 16:34 - Jun 13 by davman

I suspect he'll be a bit lower in the CM pecking order. However, he's still a very useful sub to come on when we need to close out a game and also provides cover at CM.

That said, I did see a rumour he's beginning to look for a move which I hope isn't true.
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 17:51 - Jun 13 with 3166 viewsQPROslo

Guess he is still an alternative for Field, and back up at CB or wing back.
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 18:24 - Jun 13 with 3070 viewsDWQPR

Whatever happens with Ball he’s been a far better player than the one we thought we had bought. Always gave his all in games and will always be remembered for THAT goal against Cardiff. I hope he does stay as I think he adds a lot more to the squad off the pitch as well. A decent professional. But if he goes then I’m sure we would wish him the best without any of the negative comments that some of the Ipswich support have aimed at Dozzell.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 18:26 - Jun 13 with 3056 viewsbosh67

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 18:24 - Jun 13 by DWQPR

Whatever happens with Ball he’s been a far better player than the one we thought we had bought. Always gave his all in games and will always be remembered for THAT goal against Cardiff. I hope he does stay as I think he adds a lot more to the squad off the pitch as well. A decent professional. But if he goes then I’m sure we would wish him the best without any of the negative comments that some of the Ipswich support have aimed at Dozzell.

I think Ball will stay because he can play a number of positions which is always useful.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 20:00 - Jun 13 with 2868 viewsDorse

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 18:26 - Jun 13 by bosh67

I think Ball will stay because he can play a number of positions which is always useful.

I hope he stays. You cannot watch Dom play without smiling.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 20:12 - Jun 13 with 2825 viewsrsonist

I don't think anything ought to change with Ball really, unless we belatedly start using him as CB cover more.

We're all agreed SJ + Field has been a mostly ideal all-purpose platform for us. It's also generally accepted that in certain game situations we've benefited from having more of a wrecking Ball in there occasionally.

What hasn't really been accepted in the unloved Carroll's absence though is that we could have done with a tweak in the other direction sometimes too - far more often I'd personally say in fact. You can point to the form table and say nah m8, but I thought there were a few games where (even though the fine marginzzz fell our way in the end) we weren't fully in control of things and got swept up in the end-to-end tide.

A bit of extra ball retention to adjust the tempo of games, quell momentum, play a bit of rope-a-dope with high pressing opposition so we can quickly switch and counter. Dozzell seems particularly sharp-eyed for long balls, so potentially as well as slowing it down he can speed it back up better than Carroll could and we don't lull ourselves to sleep instead.

Not saying that's completely beyond the other midfielders, far from it, but it's just a question of adding and subtracting emphases. Never mind the squad demands of a long season and all that too. If we can secure both Dozzell and SJ that's a very pleasing and complete variety to choose from I'd say - I don't see the former playing much in the B team.

The worry is if we can't get Fulham to cave on SJ - and worse that it drags out to deadline so we can't make other arrangements (we'll probably just wait it out til January in that case) - then it becomes a very callow midfield all of a sudden, you notice how few senior games have been played and that three of them have had serious injury, and you fret for a repeat of last season's first half where the talent was there but in the ups and downs of it settling in adverse results snowballed. Still though, if that'll be our lot then that's our lot, nothing else to be done but support it.
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 22:29 - Jun 13 with 2676 viewsNorthernr

Increasingly as cover in the middle of the back three, where Cameron has gone and De Wijs will be missing a dozen times a season.
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 23:04 - Jun 13 with 2605 viewsdavman

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 22:29 - Jun 13 by Northernr

Increasingly as cover in the middle of the back three, where Cameron has gone and De Wijs will be missing a dozen times a season.

If he goes into that back three, let's hope he plays within his limitations. That run out of the back three when he played there was so Dom; all apart from the fact that it wasn't as funny as usual.

Dorse has it spot on for me - Dom makes me smile when he plays, so it would be a shame if he did move on, Although, just imagine if we got a fee for him!

Just, since Sam Field turned up, we can see how limited he can be in that position. Love him though...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 23:12 - Jun 13 with 2585 viewscaliforniahoop

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 20:12 - Jun 13 by rsonist

I don't think anything ought to change with Ball really, unless we belatedly start using him as CB cover more.

We're all agreed SJ + Field has been a mostly ideal all-purpose platform for us. It's also generally accepted that in certain game situations we've benefited from having more of a wrecking Ball in there occasionally.

What hasn't really been accepted in the unloved Carroll's absence though is that we could have done with a tweak in the other direction sometimes too - far more often I'd personally say in fact. You can point to the form table and say nah m8, but I thought there were a few games where (even though the fine marginzzz fell our way in the end) we weren't fully in control of things and got swept up in the end-to-end tide.

A bit of extra ball retention to adjust the tempo of games, quell momentum, play a bit of rope-a-dope with high pressing opposition so we can quickly switch and counter. Dozzell seems particularly sharp-eyed for long balls, so potentially as well as slowing it down he can speed it back up better than Carroll could and we don't lull ourselves to sleep instead.

Not saying that's completely beyond the other midfielders, far from it, but it's just a question of adding and subtracting emphases. Never mind the squad demands of a long season and all that too. If we can secure both Dozzell and SJ that's a very pleasing and complete variety to choose from I'd say - I don't see the former playing much in the B team.

The worry is if we can't get Fulham to cave on SJ - and worse that it drags out to deadline so we can't make other arrangements (we'll probably just wait it out til January in that case) - then it becomes a very callow midfield all of a sudden, you notice how few senior games have been played and that three of them have had serious injury, and you fret for a repeat of last season's first half where the talent was there but in the ups and downs of it settling in adverse results snowballed. Still though, if that'll be our lot then that's our lot, nothing else to be done but support it.

Very well put!
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 00:14 - Jun 14 with 2491 viewsdistortR

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 20:12 - Jun 13 by rsonist

A callow midfield is still probably better then a Carrol midfield
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 14:00 - Jun 14 with 2072 viewsrsonist

Mike McGrath at the Telegraph also reporting talks, mentions a £1m fee.
Dozzell announcement imminent? on 14:15 - Jun 14 with 1992 viewsBazzeR

Dozzell announcement imminent? on 14:00 - Jun 14 by rsonist

Mike McGrath at the Telegraph also reporting talks, mentions a £1m fee.

£1m could well be a sticking point as Ipswich forum rumours point towards £500k.

Can we possibly meet in the middle as we have history for £750k fees paid for good promising youngsters like Willock,Sinclair and BOS...aledgedly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024