Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Italy v Wales 18:29 - Jun 20 with 5704 viewsdanehoop

Italy look awesome. John Hartson is appalling.

Never knowingly understood

Italy v Wales on 23:31 - Jun 20 with 1664 viewsstowmarketrange

Italy v Wales on 22:42 - Jun 20 by traininvain

Well at least this is nice and straightforward: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/wales-euro-2

So a runner up gets to play another runner up.Another lucky draw for the Welsh then?A bit like us in 2018.
Italy v Wales on 00:50 - Jun 21 with 1594 viewsjohncharles

Outrageous that John Hartson, a Welshman, should commentate on a Wales match. And I believe there was an Italian commentating … in Italian!!!!!?
Where does this leave Gary Lineker ????

Strong and stable my arse.

Italy v Wales on 01:00 - Jun 21 with 1579 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Italy v Wales on 00:50 - Jun 21 by johncharles

Outrageous that John Hartson, a Welshman, should commentate on a Wales match. And I believe there was an Italian commentating … in Italian!!!!!?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Italy v Wales on 07:46 - Jun 21 with 1450 viewsdistortR

Italy v Wales on 00:50 - Jun 21 by johncharles

hoovering up millions of pounds of tax payers money for watching football matches and throwing in a few glib comments?
Italy v Wales on 08:48 - Jun 21 with 1400 viewsfrancisbowles

Italy v Wales on 19:02 - Jun 20 by johnhoop

May well have been a red but Emerson's dive in the first half was one of the most laughable attempts to cheat his way to a penalty that I've ever seen and yet the ref did nothing.
Are refs now under instructions not to book people for this any more because if so it's a backward step?

Don't think it was a dive. I think he lost his balance under pressure from the defender and fell. I don't think he tried to claim a pen and everyone had a good laugh about it.
Italy v Wales on 09:11 - Jun 21 with 1369 viewstoboboly

Italy v Wales on 18:59 - Jun 20 by GloryHunter

I agree. Didn't look deliberate, either. Very unlucky for the young lad.

The weird thing is that there was the exact same tackle in the first half that wasn't even a foul. It's the inconsistency that kills you.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Italy v Wales on 09:15 - Jun 21 with 1351 viewsPinnerPaul

Italy v Wales on 18:56 - Jun 20 by gazza1

I heard it as well.....shocking tackle and Hartson didnt see it as a red!!!!!

But hey, apparently we must not question the professionals!!!

"Not reckless enough" for a red, was a good one as well - Reckless = yellow John!
Italy v Wales on 09:16 - Jun 21 with 1351 viewsPinnerPaul

Italy v Wales on 18:59 - Jun 20 by GloryHunter

I agree. Didn't look deliberate, either. Very unlucky for the young lad.

Deliberate has nothing to do with it. Did it "endanger safety of opponent" - yes it did in my view.
Login to get fewer ads

Italy v Wales on 09:19 - Jun 21 with 1347 viewsPinnerPaul

Italy v Wales on 21:43 - Jun 20 by Logman

Returning to the original post, I have to agree that Italy are the one team that are world class all round. Their tackling is absolutely spot on every time and they are just on the money with every aspect of their game. They might have been in the wilderness for the last few tournaments but they're back with a vengeance this time. Best team in the tournament by some margin.

Yep agree, and that was a reserve/youth team they had on by the end.

Made 8 changes to their previous game and looked just as good.

11 straight wins and no goals conceded is pretty impressive!
Italy v Wales on 09:19 - Jun 21 with 1352 viewsBklynRanger

Italy v Wales on 21:43 - Jun 20 by Logman

Returning to the original post, I have to agree that Italy are the one team that are world class all round. Their tackling is absolutely spot on every time and they are just on the money with every aspect of their game. They might have been in the wilderness for the last few tournaments but they're back with a vengeance this time. Best team in the tournament by some margin.

Agree they've looked real quality so far, but I actually was slightly less convinced by the end of yesterday. Granted Immobile wasn't playing among others (that name still cracks me up) but they did have an extra man for a good 35-40 mins and couldn't score a second.

That for me was more of a story than that foul, which I thought was just about a red.
Italy v Wales on 09:20 - Jun 21 with 1345 viewsPinnerPaul

Italy v Wales on 22:17 - Jun 20 by GloryHunter

If accidentally stepping on an opponent's foot - whilst attempting to get the ball - is now an automatic red card, then there should be ten red cards in every professional game.

It wasn't a step and he caught him on the bottom of the shin.
Italy v Wales on 09:23 - Jun 21 with 1340 viewsPinnerPaul

Italy v Wales on 09:19 - Jun 21 by BklynRanger

Agree they've looked real quality so far, but I actually was slightly less convinced by the end of yesterday. Granted Immobile wasn't playing among others (that name still cracks me up) but they did have an extra man for a good 35-40 mins and couldn't score a second.

That for me was more of a story than that foul, which I thought was just about a red.

As above, by then

a) They had reserve/youth team playing
b) 9 points, no goals conceded, probably enough for them by then!
Italy v Wales on 15:15 - Jun 21 with 1227 viewskensalriser

Italy v Wales on 09:23 - Jun 21 by PinnerPaul

As above, by then

a) They had reserve/youth team playing
b) 9 points, no goals conceded, probably enough for them by then!

Yes, in the end the 1-0 suited both sides just fine.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Italy v Wales on 16:51 - Jun 21 with 1175 viewsPinnerPaul

Just had a small bet on Italy - 13/2 seems generous to me.
Italy v Wales on 17:49 - Jun 21 with 1135 viewsR_from_afar

Italy v Wales on 20:20 - Jun 20 by OldPedro

There have been several similar fouls in this tournament that have all been yellows so surprised when the ref gave a red.

Hartson is biased in his Wales commentary but no worse than Jenas / Murphy in England games

Surely we're going to reach peak Jenas soon?

I don't mind his punditry but the way he talks about the game, while sensible, must make him sound to the uninitiated like he was the spawn of Gattuso and Roy Keane when he played, whereas in reality, in the blue and white hoops, he usually bore more of a resemblance to Casper the friendly ghost, in my humble opinion (dons tin hat, primes claymores...)

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Italy v Wales on 18:08 - Jun 21 with 1097 viewsPinnerPaul

Italy v Wales on 20:20 - Jun 20 by OldPedro

There have been several similar fouls in this tournament that have all been yellows so surprised when the ref gave a red.

Hartson is biased in his Wales commentary but no worse than Jenas / Murphy in England games

or indeed no more biased than Nick London and Andy Sinton
Italy v Wales on 20:22 - Jun 21 with 1053 viewsNorthantsHoop

Impressed with Chiesa, looks a real handful. Italy have a bit of swagger about them, very much in the Mancini mould, he was a wonderful player.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024