Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pride of West London Chant 20:59 - Aug 11 with 9883 viewsHastings_Hoops

Why “we hate Cardiff City…”? Wouldn’t it be better to swap for “we hate Fulham, Chelsea and Brentford are…”?
Pride of West London Chant on 09:52 - Aug 12 with 1917 viewsRBlock

What I found a bit embarrassing were the chants directed at the Orient fans, "Is this a library...", etc. Felt very much like we were punching down and pretty unnecessary IMO. Same with all the herberts giving it large over the police vans on the corner - I guess we've all been young lads (or lasses) at one point, but it all seemed a bit forced. As Robith mentioned above, a lot of pent up energy!
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 9:52]
Pride of West London Chant on 09:53 - Aug 12 with 1901 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Pride of West London Chant on 08:43 - Aug 12 by joe90

We don't have any good songs apart from "QPR from the White City". The absolute worst is "Come on you super hoopsaaaaa".

The problem isn't that we have crap songs, it's that we don't sing them with any conviction, apart from the "White City" song.

Someone did that in the Leyton Technical.

The sound of chatter then from knowhere “YOUUU SUUPAAAA” then “HOOPSAAA” in unison. Followed by a short silence and then a return to chatter.

I was at the bar and the staff gave each other some quizical looks. Was quite funny..

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Pride of West London Chant on 10:03 - Aug 12 with 1878 viewsSydneyRs

All songs must now be factually correct.

"we're the mid-tablest, championship team, the world has ever seen."

"we are the Rangers, our accounts aren't the best, we broke FFP rules and have no money left"
Pride of West London Chant on 10:10 - Aug 12 with 1846 viewscolinallcars

Pride of West London Chant on 10:03 - Aug 12 by SydneyRs

"we are the Rangers, our accounts aren't the best, we broke FFP rules and have no money left"

And perhaps less confrontational.
We're not frightfully keen on Nottingham Forest, we're not particularly enamoured of Sheffield United etc etc.
Pride of West London Chant on 10:21 - Aug 12 with 1816 viewsHanwellHoopster

Genuinely laughing out loud at the second one, thank you.
Pride of West London Chant on 10:26 - Aug 12 with 1802 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

“We’ll place the blue flag, inside your bottom.”

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Pride of West London Chant on 10:27 - Aug 12 with 1802 viewsHanwellHoopster

Pride of West London Chant on 09:50 - Aug 12 by daveB

really all football songs are a bit daft and ridiculous. We are not the finest football team the world has ever seen, Kevin Gallen does not possesses any magical powers or a magic hat, Warburton is not better than Guardiola and there is more than one Furlong in the world but none of that should matter.

People coming together to sing silly songs as a way to support their football team is beautiful and I've really missed it.

You Sir, take this back. Kevin Gallen DOES have a magic hat, and I won't stand for anyone spreading fake news by denying this. He is also undeniably a lovely chap because he liked one of my tweets once when I conceded that Messi's achievements in the game had finally surpassed his.

More seriously, I'm fine with the Cardiff chants. I think so much of football is about where the club was in your formative years. I can just about remember our first PL relegation, but my real memories of being a kid, and having that passion you can only really have as a kid/teen, are of us as a championship and L1 outfit. It's why I'm so totally unfussed about if we become an established PL team, or qualify for Europe - because none of it for me will ever match 'that' Paul Furlong goal, or that game at Sheffield Wednesday. Memories I will cherish forever, above even the Taarabt year.

Part of that era was Cardiff being a disgraceful bunch of thugs. I didn't speak for about 48 hours after that playoff final. Worse than my first heartbreak. Horrible. And their fans setting off the fire alarm in the hotel really made me hate them. Brentford and Fulham were never on my radar then - still not really on my radar today. So I'll keep singing the song!
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 10:28]
Pride of West London Chant on 10:42 - Aug 12 with 1775 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

Pride of West London Chant on 09:52 - Aug 12 by RBlock

What I found a bit embarrassing were the chants directed at the Orient fans, "Is this a library...", etc. Felt very much like we were punching down and pretty unnecessary IMO. Same with all the herberts giving it large over the police vans on the corner - I guess we've all been young lads (or lasses) at one point, but it all seemed a bit forced. As Robith mentioned above, a lot of pent up energy!
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 9:52]

FWIW, Was at the game last night, was a fantastic atmosphere and great support from us and enjoyed the evening, I think the baiting of the Orient fans and their support was unnecessary and akin to bullying, re the amount of anti Ch****a songs, I think they’re can never be enough of them as they are our natural and true rivals( even if they don’t give a feck) . I don’t really care for the pride of West London song as it’s a Utd song manifested from that ballbag with the drum from WATRB, but each to their own. What I do like however, is the fact we don’t sing any songs slagging Fulham or Brentford which I know irks the bus stops as they badly want to forge a rivalry and hatred with us which just isn’t there. I travelled back through Legoland Kew on Sat after Millwall with my two daughters wearing Rangers shirts after their game and the grief we got was off the scale and dismissing it was winding them up even more.
I thought the current players songs were decent, Dickie and Barbets in particular and Uncs jumping in the crowd great for the support. We were fantastic as a support last night and hope it continues throughout the season, what was impressive was that even as the 2nd half performance was poor we still got behind them, I think we are in for a real good season and support like that really helps and makes the day out much more enjoyable, roll on Saturday!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Pride of West London Chant on 10:55 - Aug 12 with 1746 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I remember being locked in for ages at Ninian park when Langers scored the winner as they had arranged for a 500ish strong appreciation society outside.

I think one or two of you said you'd parked your cars that way at the time

The only ground I've been to where we were told to shut the curtains on the coach.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Pride of West London Chant on 10:56 - Aug 12 with 1742 viewshamptonhillhoop

Pride of West London Chant on 08:00 - Aug 12 by Fenwick_115

Oh come off it...

A real rivalry with Cardiff?

We were challenging for promotion at the same time but do you really think we were on their fan's RADAR beyond that? And no, we didn't get special treatment from their fans, they would have treated everyone the same.

By your reckoning they could be replaced by Plymouth.

In a week or so where this site spent a lot of time discussing Millwall fans I wish we would find a happy medium between the idiots they are and the divs we come across as.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 8:02]

Okay, I'll aim to be a happy medium between an idiot and a div
Pride of West London Chant on 11:02 - Aug 12 with 1725 viewsNorthernr

Pride of West London Chant on 10:56 - Aug 12 by hamptonhillhoop

Okay, I'll aim to be a happy medium between an idiot and a div

Have you thought about setting up a few more accounts mate? Then you could be an idiot, a div, something in between, all at the same time. Or use them all for the same thing so you can agree with what you say and add weight to your argument.
Pride of West London Chant on 11:20 - Aug 12 with 1687 viewskensalriser

Things I've learned today: Rangers fans can be divided by personality type according to the matchday coach they used to travel with.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Pride of West London Chant on 11:21 - Aug 12 with 1683 viewsNorthernr

Pride of West London Chant on 11:20 - Aug 12 by kensalriser

Things I've learned today: Rangers fans can be divided by personality type according to the matchday coach they used to travel with.

Or Rangers fan can be divided by personality type according to which log in they're using today.
Pride of West London Chant on 11:25 - Aug 12 with 1660 viewsconnell10

Pride of West London Chant on 21:38 - Aug 11 by Bankole_Fan_Club

It's an incredibly embarrassing song.

We don't have a rivaly with Cardiff and wish we would stop singing about them.

Mate lighten the f uck up. You sound like a grumpy old man....jesus!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Pride of West London Chant on 11:44 - Aug 12 with 1620 viewsRangersw12

Pride of West London Chant on 11:25 - Aug 12 by connell10

Mate lighten the f uck up. You sound like a grumpy old man....jesus!!!

A grumpy old man with about 3 accounts

I don't think it gets more embarrassing than that
Pride of West London Chant on 11:45 - Aug 12 with 1619 viewssimmo

I don't mind the Cardiff thing, but I do notice it and find it slightly odd. That said from our final there in Cardiff and the promotion/Bellamy season especially it's at least relevant.

There's other chants I won't join in with and I think are dated/cringe/unnecessary - the 'rent boys' shouts especially, but it doesn't upset me, I would just rather we stuck to pro-QPR stuff.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Pride of West London Chant on 14:53 - Aug 12 with 1487 viewsTomS

Football songs are supposed to be cheesy, and there is a collective sense of unity when we all sing along.

Given this boards obsession with cheese, let's see if we can create a new song.

My suggestion, with apologies to The Rocky Horror Picture Show:

It's a touch to the left, and a pass to the riiight.
We'll pass to the feet, and keep it tiiight.
It's the high tempo, that really drives you insaaannnne.
Let's play Warbsball again.
Let's play Warbsball again.
Pride of West London Chant on 15:00 - Aug 12 with 1461 viewsjoe90

Pride of West London Chant on 10:26 - Aug 12 by CliveWilsonSaid

“We’ll place the blue flag, inside your bottom.”

Obviously with the recipients consent.
Pride of West London Chant on 15:20 - Aug 12 with 1417 viewsPinnerPaul

Very very good, how about

"We're the R block, we're the R block - not all our season tickets work!"
Pride of West London Chant on 15:26 - Aug 12 with 1403 viewsPinnerPaul

Pride of West London Chant on 11:02 - Aug 12 by Northernr

Have you thought about setting up a few more accounts mate? Then you could be an idiot, a div, something in between, all at the same time. Or use them all for the same thing so you can agree with what you say and add weight to your argument.

3 clicks on the ignore button, isn't that much more taxing than 1.

Thanks for the info!

I find the ignore button is very good for my blood pressure, as I'm sure others do as well!
Pride of West London Chant on 15:29 - Aug 12 with 1395 viewsNorthernr

Pride of West London Chant on 15:26 - Aug 12 by PinnerPaul

3 clicks on the ignore button, isn't that much more taxing than 1.

Thanks for the info!

I find the ignore button is very good for my blood pressure, as I'm sure others do as well!

Sorry I should point out, HamptonHill isn't one of them, in case that was unclear from the reply.
Pride of West London Chant on 15:44 - Aug 12 with 1364 viewsPinnerPaul

Pride of West London Chant on 15:29 - Aug 12 by Northernr

Sorry I should point out, HamptonHill isn't one of them, in case that was unclear from the reply.

OK thanks, unignore it is then - sorry Hampton!
Pride of West London Chant on 15:45 - Aug 12 with 1358 viewsflynnbo

And (s)he/they even upvote(s) her/him/them self(ves)!! Jeez, that was knackering!
Pride of West London Chant on 15:52 - Aug 12 with 1342 viewssaxbend

It's really no surprise that we sing certain songs, because they all come from promotion winning seasons; good times, when everyone was in a good mood and good voice. We sing about hating Cardiff because they were promotion rivals in us (and cheats, and Langley-poachers) on two separate occasions 8 years apart and we played them and beat them often during that time. We bring back songs specifically about Gallen, Bircham, Furlong and Zamora, because those songs remind us about winning promotion.

So if we need new songs, and we may well do, the key to getting them is to get promoted again. That way in 20 years time we'll be singing about Charlie Austin and Stefan Johanson, and how terrible [insert the team that we can't shake all season here (possibly Millwall or Barnsley)] are.
Pride of West London Chant on 16:42 - Aug 12 with 1285 viewshamptonhillhoop

I didn't think so when I first read it, then read it again and wondered if I was!
[Post edited 12 Aug 2021 16:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024