Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HULL 0 QPR 3 16:59 - Aug 14 with 5939 viewsgazza1

That was an absolute brilliant awesome performance, MW talks a lot about looking after the ball & wow, did we look after the ball. I could write as much as Norf does about our players and team but I leave it to the professional.

Well pleased, happy days, few beers and a curry will go down very well tonight!!!!
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 17:00]
HULL 0 QPR 3 on 17:01 - Aug 14 with 4752 viewsbosh67

Blimey, only three then! I think that is the first time we've won there since the dinosaurs died out?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 17:07 - Aug 14 with 4642 viewsdanehoop

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 17:01 - Aug 14 by bosh67

Blimey, only three then! I think that is the first time we've won there since the dinosaurs died out?

I thought there were still dinosaurs in Hull?

Never knowingly understood

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 17:08 - Aug 14 with 4617 viewsTonto

Cough* we won 3-2 last time we played there 2 seasons ago. *ahem

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 17:21 - Aug 14 with 4468 viewsSK_hoops

We're a town full of ballers.
HULL 0 QPR 3 on 17:24 - Aug 14 with 4424 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Well done the Rangers!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 17:26 - Aug 14 with 4389 viewsted_hendrix

First home defeat for Hull since February.

Eat that MOFO'S.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 17:36 - Aug 14 with 4288 viewsDorse

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 17:21 - Aug 14 by SK_hoops

We're a town full of ballers.

That sounds like a good thing. It's a good thing, right?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 17:39 - Aug 14 with 4231 viewsenfieldargh

Some nervous moments especially first 20 mins of 2nd half, Dickie absolutely immense. All played well Dom Ball at times he was like Zidane the next like Zeberdee.

When this lot sharpen up we are going to give some serious beatings out.

Dieng couple of shaky moments but some superb saves. Love him just love him.

And all the while Stefan Johansson goes about his business Wilkinsesque.

Hull fans must be sick watching Jordy play so well. One back heel flick towards the end of the game was lovely to see.

Hull were very good and added to a great game

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 17:43 - Aug 14 with 4179 viewstraininvain

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 17:26 - Aug 14 by ted_hendrix

First home defeat for Hull since February.

Eat that MOFO'S.

Hull won 15 out of 23 at home in the league last season according to the commentator.

Granted it was League One but Hull would’ve fancied their chances today off the back of that record. Big result for the R’s!
HULL 0 QPR 3 on 17:43 - Aug 14 with 4183 viewsstrikerace

Dickie, De Wijs, Barbet

Top back line in the Championship
HULL 0 QPR 3 on 17:49 - Aug 14 with 4094 viewsbosh67

Dickie could be our 20 goal a season striker!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 18:07 - Aug 14 with 3939 viewsCiderwithRsie

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 17:39 - Aug 14 by enfieldargh

Some nervous moments especially first 20 mins of 2nd half, Dickie absolutely immense. All played well Dom Ball at times he was like Zidane the next like Zeberdee.

When this lot sharpen up we are going to give some serious beatings out.

Dieng couple of shaky moments but some superb saves. Love him just love him.

And all the while Stefan Johansson goes about his business Wilkinsesque.

Hull fans must be sick watching Jordy play so well. One back heel flick towards the end of the game was lovely to see.

Hull were very good and added to a great game

Dom Ball at times he was like Zidane the next like Zeberdee.

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 18:12 - Aug 14 with 3864 viewsLazyFan

Ball at Dull was the complete opposite of Ball at Orient. Despite Dickie scoring and saving a certain goal, Ball was still my MoM. It really was a cliché Dominator performance from him.

I think the QPR fans sung "You are being Mauled by the Rangers" as a joke way too early at 1-0, would have stung way more at 3-0.

Dykes despite his goal was poor, failed to trap a bag of cement. Really needs to sort that out. Willock, JoJo, Chair and Wallace were class above though.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 18:13]

zzzzzzzzzz

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 18:20 - Aug 14 with 3816 viewsdavman

Good result; comfortable in the end, but we should not forget the early part of the second half when we looked very shaky. Uncharacteristic scuffed clearance from Seny led to Dickie's wonder-clearance and we couldn't keep hold of the ball for periods.

That said, the recovery and the "none shall pass" attitude will win us points in this league.

Warsball means that we will never be comfortable at 1-0; no sign of closing games off from the 60th minute; the games are wide, wide open. Get that second goal and it looks much better and fun to watch...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 21:16 - Aug 14 with 3215 viewsloftus77

Powerful stuff, Rangers, well done.

I don't know if mentioned elsewhere, but it reminds me of another 3-0 early doors win in Yorkshire - at Sheff Utd in 2010-11. Hope the comparisons can continue....
HULL 0 QPR 3 on 21:26 - Aug 14 with 3138 viewsstainrods_elbow

It was very , very good in decisive parts, but not yet 'awesome' - there's plenty of room for improvement. As others have pointed out, we were rocking (not in a good way) for 10-15 minutes in that second half when Hull came very close to scoring, but never-say die defending and last-ditch tenacity shut them out. After that, it was pass, pass, pass, as John Hollins used to say, and we outpassed and outclassed them, so 3-0 didn't flattered us.

WIll be interested to see what their messaage boards are saying about us tonight - has anyone had a butchers?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 21:47 - Aug 14 with 3053 viewsDavieQPR

Sometimes Ball just goes on a run and appears to get lost. Does a good job of what he is required to do though.
HULL 0 QPR 3 on 21:57 - Aug 14 with 2990 viewsdistortR

I thought Dozzell did well when he came on, which was good to see after some questioned him after the orient game.
HULL 0 QPR 3 on 22:12 - Aug 14 with 2918 viewsCiderwithRsie

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 21:26 - Aug 14 by stainrods_elbow

It was very , very good in decisive parts, but not yet 'awesome' - there's plenty of room for improvement. As others have pointed out, we were rocking (not in a good way) for 10-15 minutes in that second half when Hull came very close to scoring, but never-say die defending and last-ditch tenacity shut them out. After that, it was pass, pass, pass, as John Hollins used to say, and we outpassed and outclassed them, so 3-0 didn't flattered us.

WIll be interested to see what their messaage boards are saying about us tonight - has anyone had a butchers?

I had a look at this one earlier:
https://www.not606.com/threads/hull-city-v-qpr.394817/page-11

Leave aside usual banter about Drama Queens it's quite fair I think - don't argue with the sending off, most reckon we're probably play-off contenders.

Someone said they didn't deserve to lose by three and hadn't deserved to beat PNE by three either, which seems fair to me.
HULL 0 QPR 3 on 22:27 - Aug 14 with 2826 viewsEsox_Lucius

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 21:26 - Aug 14 by stainrods_elbow

A mixed response ranging from "they were lucky and we were on top for a lot of it" to "they look like a top six side and have some real quality players in Chair, Dieng, Austin & Dickie". There was a consensus that DeWijs is a calamity just waiting to happen but I am of the opinion that he is in the right side now and getting the coaching to improve any deficiencies he may have had.

The grass is always greener.

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 22:53 - Aug 14 with 2702 viewsHunterhoop

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 22:27 - Aug 14 by Esox_Lucius

A mixed response ranging from "they were lucky and we were on top for a lot of it" to "they look like a top six side and have some real quality players in Chair, Dieng, Austin & Dickie". There was a consensus that DeWijs is a calamity just waiting to happen but I am of the opinion that he is in the right side now and getting the coaching to improve any deficiencies he may have had.

I know things work out differently for players at different clubs, but I cannot fathom how Hull think De Wijs is a calamity.

Injury concerns? Absolutely! But every time he’s played for us, he’s looked superb. Strong, great in the air, great positioning, quick, good on the ball. Where is his weakness? What could make anyone think he could possible be a calamity?!

He looks a beast for us. And it’s not been the odd game. It’s 11 league games in a row. His win record with us is better than Johansen’s, I think.

Strange.
HULL 0 QPR 3 on 23:12 - Aug 14 with 2603 viewsMetallica_Hoop

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 22:53 - Aug 14 by Hunterhoop

I know things work out differently for players at different clubs, but I cannot fathom how Hull think De Wijs is a calamity.

Injury concerns? Absolutely! But every time he’s played for us, he’s looked superb. Strong, great in the air, great positioning, quick, good on the ball. Where is his weakness? What could make anyone think he could possible be a calamity?!

He looks a beast for us. And it’s not been the odd game. It’s 11 league games in a row. His win record with us is better than Johansen’s, I think.

Strange.

Maybe he was unhappy with his football there.

I love the way he plays, I used to do the same when put in midfield out of goal to ruffle up the opposition.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 23:17 - Aug 14 with 2576 viewsHunterhoop

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 23:12 - Aug 14 by Metallica_Hoop

Maybe he was unhappy with his football there.

I love the way he plays, I used to do the same when put in midfield out of goal to ruffle up the opposition.

You may be on to something. If someone made me work and live in Hull, I’d be unhappy.
HULL 0 QPR 3 on 23:27 - Aug 14 with 2530 viewsLazyFan

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 22:27 - Aug 14 by Esox_Lucius

I can see why they think that of DeWijs.

Against Millwall he was at fault for the goal, did not clear it with the head properly. HE did the same against Dull today. However, in both games, he only made the mistake once and the rest of his performance was class.

I suspect DeWijs needs the ball-playing defenders around him, otherwise, he gets caught out with no one to give it to, to pass it out.

zzzzzzzzzz

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 23:53 - Aug 14 with 2429 viewsCiderwithRsie

HULL 0 QPR 3 on 22:53 - Aug 14 by Hunterhoop

Strange.

It really stands out as weird, especially as the same people saying he's bound to drag us down were saying they'd have won but for amazing defending by us.

I suspect he was their scapegoat when they went down in 2019-20, same as we've had scapegoats, and they can't admit to themselves they were wrong. Worth remembering next time we're slagging one of ours.

Seems like a canny bit of scouting by our lot to find exactly the sort of player we wanted - big, nasty, but can play the ball out too - at a club that didn't rate him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024