Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest. 17:23 - Aug 21 with 15203 viewsted_hendrix

WTF is happening up there? I know It's early doors in the season and all that but they have a huge playing squad and zero points.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Forest. on 18:29 - May 29 with 2987 viewsSK_hoops

[Post edited 29 May 2022 18:35]
Forest. on 18:32 - May 29 with 2936 viewsMedwayR

Clear pens but Huddersfield posed no goal threat whatsoever. Nice play in front of the forest defence, followed by a hopeless ball into the box to no one in particular finding one of the 3 forest CBs every time, not sure of their tactics on that one.

O’Brien won’t be there next season, very good player.

Poll: Who’s better?

Forest. on 18:36 - May 29 with 2864 viewsdmm

The was a poor game, but finals often are. On that showing I can't see Forest doing anything other than struggling in the Prem. There really isn't much about them.
Forest. on 18:38 - May 29 with 2833 viewsSnipper

No Hooters next season then.

Oh well, we’re only 3 relegations away from playing Notts County.
Forest. on 18:40 - May 29 with 2804 viewsNorthantsHoop

Forest. on 18:32 - May 29 by MedwayR

Clear pens but Huddersfield posed no goal threat whatsoever. Nice play in front of the forest defence, followed by a hopeless ball into the box to no one in particular finding one of the 3 forest CBs every time, not sure of their tactics on that one.

O’Brien won’t be there next season, very good player.

Yes O'Brien a very good player. Forest will really have to strengthen their team to survive even one season in the Premier League. Huddersfield not good enough to go up, typical looking Championship team. Cooper has done really well, a very good manager a man on the up.
Forest. on 19:04 - May 29 with 2622 viewsterryb

How is a very poor referee like John Moss appointed for this match? The obvious answer is that it was a farewell present for him!

Two definite penalties & one couldn't have been reviewed. I thought they were meant to look at all incidents in the penalty area rather than if the referee requests it (sorry, but that is the only reason I can see for not being given).

The only shot on target I saw in the game was for the goal (providing that it would have reached the 'keeper) & Forest looked a shadow of the side that beat Arsenal & Leicester. Will 'boro sell Spence to them, or is he set for another season in the Championship?

Huddersfield might find it hard to hang on to O'Brien & I couldn't understand Russell not starting for them. They improved directly he came on.

Only another two months until we start all over again!
Forest. on 22:21 - May 29 with 2230 viewsswitchingcode

Forest. on 19:04 - May 29 by terryb

How is a very poor referee like John Moss appointed for this match? The obvious answer is that it was a farewell present for him!

Two definite penalties & one couldn't have been reviewed. I thought they were meant to look at all incidents in the penalty area rather than if the referee requests it (sorry, but that is the only reason I can see for not being given).

The only shot on target I saw in the game was for the goal (providing that it would have reached the 'keeper) & Forest looked a shadow of the side that beat Arsenal & Leicester. Will 'boro sell Spence to them, or is he set for another season in the Championship?

Huddersfield might find it hard to hang on to O'Brien & I couldn't understand Russell not starting for them. They improved directly he came on.

All that 👍
Forest. on 22:29 - May 29 with 2198 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Just seen the highlights. That first penalty looks nailed on for me. All that money spent and fuss about VAR and it's not improved the game at all. Done the opposite.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Forest. on 22:35 - May 29 with 2160 viewsDWQPR

Forest. on 19:04 - May 29 by terryb

If we end up selling Willock in the summer for a tidy sum we could do worse than picking up O’Brien, Russell and Tofelo from Huddersfield. Really liked the look of Russell. Don’t think he misplaced a pass and was always looking forward.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Forest. on 08:24 - May 30 with 1771 viewsNorthernr

I didn't really have any skin in that game but I was fuming by the end. How on earth do you get those wrong, with VAR?!
Forest. on 08:40 - May 30 with 1723 viewsdavman

Forest. on 08:24 - May 30 by Northernr

I didn't really have any skin in that game but I was fuming by the end. How on earth do you get those wrong, with VAR?!

How can anyone watch those two incidents, where the outcome is not 100% clear and just wash it under the table? OK, an incompetent referee without VAR can miss them, but if you are using it to avoid litigation from "the most lucrative game in club football", which I think is the EXACT reason VAR was introduced, then how can no-one scream "fix"?

The media seems silent in the headlines, but it stinks of corruption and cheating. Kudos to Huddersfield 's manager for not calling it out as he would have unnecessarily got into trouble. There should be a lawsuit out of this as, if it isn' t corrupt, someone's incompetence has cost Huddersfield hundreds of millions.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Forest. on 08:40 - May 30 with 1723 viewsNortholt_Rs

Forest. on 22:35 - May 29 by DWQPR

If we end up selling Willock in the summer for a tidy sum we could do worse than picking up O’Brien, Russell and Tofelo from Huddersfield. Really liked the look of Russell. Don’t think he misplaced a pass and was always looking forward.

It’s their manager we should be picking up. Corberán has performed miracles this season.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Forest. on 08:53 - May 30 with 1680 viewsNortholt_Rs

Tierney.

Forest. on 09:00 - May 30 with 1639 viewsNorthernr

Forest. on 08:53 - May 30 by Northolt_Rs

Tierney.

Thought it was very poor to give the game to Moss for his last match. He's been miles off it for years. The Championship play-off final is not a retirement party for an old, unfit, incapable referee who's well in with the establishment - walks straight into his new job managing the Premier League referees today. Disgusting.
Forest. on 09:05 - May 30 with 1622 viewsNortholt_Rs

Forest. on 09:00 - May 30 by Northernr

Thought it was very poor to give the game to Moss for his last match. He's been miles off it for years. The Championship play-off final is not a retirement party for an old, unfit, incapable referee who's well in with the establishment - walks straight into his new job managing the Premier League referees today. Disgusting.

100%…..and in his new role he will be Tierney’s boss! Talk about a conflict of interest.

Forest. on 10:59 - May 30 with 1441 viewsLblock

Forest. on 09:05 - May 30 by Northolt_Rs

100%…..and in his new role he will be Tierney’s boss! Talk about a conflict of interest.

This stinks.

VAR is a pointless exercise as far as I can see.
We’ve replaced controversy of refs missing things (ie being human and/or rubbish) with even greater controversy and the on pitch delays plus cost of the whole thing.

The game just gets more and more rotten

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Forest. on 11:02 - May 30 with 1425 viewsQPRSteve

What a poor ref. Looked so unfit, I'd thought he's eaten all the pies at Wembley until I saw the Forest owner!
Forest. on 11:02 - May 30 with 1423 viewsNorthernr

Forest. on 10:59 - May 30 by Lblock

This stinks.

VAR is a pointless exercise as far as I can see.
We’ve replaced controversy of refs missing things (ie being human and/or rubbish) with even greater controversy and the on pitch delays plus cost of the whole thing.

The game just gets more and more rotten

Spot on. It's just different kinds of controversy, only there's less excuse for it because they get a billion replays so 'human error from one look' is removed as a reason, and it takes FCKING AGES.

Dire, dire invention.
Forest. on 11:13 - May 30 with 1366 viewsrrrspricey

Forest. on 11:02 - May 30 by Northernr

Spot on. It's just different kinds of controversy, only there's less excuse for it because they get a billion replays so 'human error from one look' is removed as a reason, and it takes FCKING AGES.

Dire, dire invention.

Both decisions yesterday were blatant enough to make a decision on the first replay. It was a very clear and very obvious mistake to not give the pen and in the first incident book Tofolo for diving.

Offside decisions need to change too, if you can't tell without drawing lines all over the screen, it's not an error
Forest. on 11:32 - May 30 with 1324 viewsPinnerPaul

because as you know Clive, VAR isn't some mythical all seeing beast but just another referee!

Secondly, VAR is there to correct clear and obvious errors - didn't think either were, although I would have given the 2nd one.

The first not for me, microscopic contact - a 'trip' or 'kick' it most certainly isn't.

As I said on another thread VAR is on its way to the Championship - and it will be Championship referees who man it - brace yourselves!
Forest. on 11:40 - May 30 with 1294 viewsAntti_Heinola

Forest. on 11:32 - May 30 by PinnerPaul

because as you know Clive, VAR isn't some mythical all seeing beast but just another referee!

Secondly, VAR is there to correct clear and obvious errors - didn't think either were, although I would have given the 2nd one.

The first not for me, microscopic contact - a 'trip' or 'kick' it most certainly isn't.

As I said on another thread VAR is on its way to the Championship - and it will be Championship referees who man it - brace yourselves!

I think as fans we can stop that from happening if we mobilise.
It is ruining football, i don't want it anywhere near our league.

Bare bones.

Forest. on 11:44 - May 30 with 1280 viewsdavman

Sorry, matey, but either you are being a huge apologist for your colleagues or the laws of the game are shot, because both of those are absolutely stonewall. I usually put things down to differences of opinion, but it is so clear to me and I am fuming even though it should have no interest.

Please explain why the first one can be interpreted as not being a pen and why you still seem to indicate that there is any semblance of doubt on the second one. I would genuinely love to be educated and learn something here because, on the face of things, you are talking nonsense to me and I can't believe that really is the case...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Forest. on 12:06 - May 30 with 1221 viewsNorthernr

I don't see how either isn't a clear and obvious error. The first one he's booked him for diving, one replay shows you Colback kicks his leg into his other leg. Dreadful decision, but maybe with one look you can excuse it, that's what the VAR is there for. Second one is even worse. It's a blatant foul, and he hasn't seen it, because as usual his positioning is appalling.

Really easy ones to get right, both completely wrong.
Forest. on 13:04 - May 30 with 1064 viewsterryb

Forest. on 12:06 - May 30 by Northernr

I don't see how either isn't a clear and obvious error. The first one he's booked him for diving, one replay shows you Colback kicks his leg into his other leg. Dreadful decision, but maybe with one look you can excuse it, that's what the VAR is there for. Second one is even worse. It's a blatant foul, and he hasn't seen it, because as usual his positioning is appalling.

Really easy ones to get right, both completely wrong.

After the first one wasn't given, the cameras cut to Colback crossing himself in the Catholic manner.

I don't think there could be a clearer message that he knew it should have been a penalty.

Has any reason been given as to why VAR didn't look at the second one? I assume they didn't as the goal kick that followed was taken immediately.
Forest. on 13:06 - May 30 with 1057 viewsNorthernr

Forest. on 13:04 - May 30 by terryb

After the first one wasn't given, the cameras cut to Colback crossing himself in the Catholic manner.

I don't think there could be a clearer message that he knew it should have been a penalty.

Has any reason been given as to why VAR didn't look at the second one? I assume they didn't as the goal kick that followed was taken immediately.

The commentators have the referee's audio feed in their ear and said it wasn't even discussed. Absolutely incredible.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024