Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Dickie Does Get Sold 21:32 - Aug 25 with 6600 viewsHastings_Hoops

…please no, but for the right money;

1) I trust that this management and recruitment team have a plan and targets lined up.
2) I would expect that Dunne could step up - good signs so far.
3) would a cash injection in consideration of the above actually improve our squad and therefore chances of success this season, allowing us to strengthen the entire squad across the pitch?

If Dickie Does Get Sold on 21:35 - Aug 25 with 4671 viewsNorthernr

May turn out to be wrong, be a huge blow if he went this week, but I think they'll hold onto everything and have a good dig at it this year. If we don't make it I'd expect to lose Dickie and Dieng, maybe Willock though think he'll go another year with us, maybe Chair. But we'd get a huge wedge for that lot, and this set up has shown itself capable of recruiting well with that money. We got better for losing Freeman, Smithies, Eze and we'd get better again if the recruitment remained at its current level.
If Dickie Does Get Sold on 21:37 - Aug 25 with 4645 viewsdaveB

I think it would take silly money for us to sell Dickie but if someone offers silly money we should take it and reinvest as we did with Eze.
If Dickie Does Get Sold on 21:38 - Aug 25 with 4635 viewsizlingtonhoop

If Dickie Does Get Sold on 21:35 - Aug 25 by Northernr

May turn out to be wrong, be a huge blow if he went this week, but I think they'll hold onto everything and have a good dig at it this year. If we don't make it I'd expect to lose Dickie and Dieng, maybe Willock though think he'll go another year with us, maybe Chair. But we'd get a huge wedge for that lot, and this set up has shown itself capable of recruiting well with that money. We got better for losing Freeman, Smithies, Eze and we'd get better again if the recruitment remained at its current level.

Dickie and Willock are amazing.
If Dickie Does Get Sold on 21:44 - Aug 25 with 4592 viewsHastings_Hoops

I agree with all of the above… would be better if we can hold on to them all and go up ourselves and grow into the Prem with these players… if we sell Dickie now not sure it’s the end of the world with this back room set up.
If Dickie Does Get Sold on 21:49 - Aug 25 with 4552 viewssimmo

I agree with this completely.

IMO, Dickie and Dieng are the main targets because they have skillsets that the PL teams covet and they're good ages relative to their positions. Willock has the ability and academy background teams also like and you can easily see him being another Pereira, Cantwell type player for a newly promoted or bottom half PL team.

Chair is the really interesting one - central to QPR attacks now, has end product, good technically, tenacious, has thart edge that players like that tend to need... But his size and play style mean he has to perform quite a specific function and can only really play in one part of the pitch. A top half Championship team could definitely use him and we could still get a decent fee, but I would be surprised if it's at the same levels as Willock and others and not sure it would translate to the top level...

It's obviously all speculation, but it's quite enjoyable to be able to speak in those terms about our own players, many of which we've developed and nurtured ourselves to get them to the point where they are part of a very good team now, and could provide financial stability for us to keep the train moving. You have to enjoy them while they're here and be confident that the board and manager have the next batch in their sights.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

If Dickie Does Get Sold on 22:34 - Aug 25 with 4337 viewsnumptydumpty

I be astonished if we sell any our top players this transfer window - would go against all the other signings this window that clearly been brought in to have a real go at least of getting to the playoffs.

If we dont go up this season there will be prem clubs sniffing around at least three maybe more of our squad, but if anyone goes in next week or so be such a downer that I think would have terrible effect on the club

Warburton said no one is going anywhere unless silly money thrown around ie three times our valuations therefore no need for this thread to even be considered.

THE END

And they all lived happily ever after !!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

If Dickie Does Get Sold on 22:45 - Aug 25 with 4287 viewsAntti_Heinola

agree, although I'd add that even if we do go up, that will inevitably mean that lot had stellar seasons and we might lose them anyway.
We need to properly enjoy this season.

Bare bones.

If Dickie Does Get Sold on 23:10 - Aug 25 with 4205 viewsderbyhoop

I don't think there will be any departures this last week of the window, except Kane. But if any PL club wants Dickie the price starts at 8 figures.
We look like we are going for it and if we don't make it some will end up in the PL next season. And for big money. then the buck falls on the recruitment side.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

If Dickie Does Get Sold on 23:15 - Aug 25 with 4191 viewsB_Wad

Do we know what is the percentage Oxford gets for a sell on?
If Dickie Does Get Sold on 23:50 - Aug 25 with 4109 viewsDavieQPR

If Dickie Does Get Sold on 23:15 - Aug 25 by B_Wad

Do we know what is the percentage Oxford gets for a sell on?

Their fans seem to think 15%. Don't think anybody will buy him this window on the back of one season and a handful of games in the Championship. Not for the money we would want anyway.
If Dickie Does Get Sold on 00:31 - Aug 26 with 4048 views1JD

If Dickie Does Get Sold on 23:50 - Aug 25 by DavieQPR

Their fans seem to think 15%. Don't think anybody will buy him this window on the back of one season and a handful of games in the Championship. Not for the money we would want anyway.

Brighton bought Adam Webster, a CB, from Bristol City for £24m after only 1 season in the championship
If Dickie Does Get Sold on 01:43 - Aug 26 with 3973 viewsbob566

Chair and dieng are good but dickie is a different class. That goal v Oxford. Most centrebacks head that clear. The great ones take it down and make something happen. He has a touch of the Virgil VD in him. Vvd NEVER hacks it clear unless he really has too. I see alot of that in dickie. I'm excited
If Dickie Does Get Sold on 03:28 - Aug 26 with 3892 viewsstainrods_elbow

Brilliant wheeze - let's take out our four best players, rip the heart out of this team, and see if we can polish up a few lower leaguers for 2023/4. You sound like you're the kind of guy who mostly enjoys his Saturday night Chinese for the ways it comes out the other end the next day and the mingled pleasure of purgation and disappointment it leaves behind.

Sometimes I wonder why some fans bother being fans at all.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

If Dickie Does Get Sold on 06:00 - Aug 26 with 3801 viewseasthertsr

As good as he is at this level and I love the guy to bits, how do you think he'd really cope against top premier League players at the moment? For those clubs in the bottom half looking at him it would be a hell of a gamble to pay a lot of cash on an untried player.
If Dickie Does Get Sold on 06:23 - Aug 26 with 3771 viewscpgerber

Dickie has 3 years left on his contract, I suspect serious money needs to come into play for him to leave. 10m+ ?? Its a given he'll be gone next year, unless we get promoted. Could the club e.g. give him an incentive to stay by offering a bonus? "We know you could earn $$$ if you leave now, but stay with us and you get a 200K bonus if you leave next year". He clearly enjoys his football now and in this team setup and group of players. Could be part of something special.

Of course he'd love to play PL, but he only has one year championship under his belt. Another year of development as first team regular I think will be better than becoming a PL fringe player now. Things can change quickly. Hope he doesn't have a greedy agent....
If Dickie Does Get Sold on 06:50 - Aug 26 with 3730 viewsSimplyNico

I guess we find out how good he is if Everton show up in the next round.
If Dickie Does Get Sold on 07:01 - Aug 26 with 3707 viewstraininvain

I still think Chair’s our most important player. Involved in our goals more times than not. Big difference in terms of overall performance with him in the team compared to say Millwall at home. It was the same last season.
If Dickie Does Get Sold on 07:41 - Aug 26 with 3615 viewsdavman

If Dickie Does Get Sold on 21:49 - Aug 25 by simmo

I agree with this completely.

IMO, Dickie and Dieng are the main targets because they have skillsets that the PL teams covet and they're good ages relative to their positions. Willock has the ability and academy background teams also like and you can easily see him being another Pereira, Cantwell type player for a newly promoted or bottom half PL team.

Chair is the really interesting one - central to QPR attacks now, has end product, good technically, tenacious, has thart edge that players like that tend to need... But his size and play style mean he has to perform quite a specific function and can only really play in one part of the pitch. A top half Championship team could definitely use him and we could still get a decent fee, but I would be surprised if it's at the same levels as Willock and others and not sure it would translate to the top level...

It's obviously all speculation, but it's quite enjoyable to be able to speak in those terms about our own players, many of which we've developed and nurtured ourselves to get them to the point where they are part of a very good team now, and could provide financial stability for us to keep the train moving. You have to enjoy them while they're here and be confident that the board and manager have the next batch in their sights.

Interesting viewpoint as I see Chair as the one we'd miss the most at the moment as he just makes us tick. The team really, really missed him against Millwall and, as much as I love Chrissy W, he absolutely feeds of Illias.

Yes, Dickie IS awesome, but I'd worry more with a Willock - Thomas line up than I would with a De Wijs - Dunne - Barbet back three.

Also, controversially, I'd have been less worried about Seny's departure with Lumley hanging around than what we have right now.

That said, if ANYONE leaves in the window, they need to be replaced in the window or we can wave goodbye to any chance of success. This season is our chance; miss out, players WILL leave and we'll need a bit of a re-build as any new ones will take time to bed in...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

If Dickie Does Get Sold on 07:58 - Aug 26 with 3570 viewsNorthernr

If Dickie Does Get Sold on 03:28 - Aug 26 by stainrods_elbow

Brilliant wheeze - let's take out our four best players, rip the heart out of this team, and see if we can polish up a few lower leaguers for 2023/4. You sound like you're the kind of guy who mostly enjoys his Saturday night Chinese for the ways it comes out the other end the next day and the mingled pleasure of purgation and disappointment it leaves behind.

Sometimes I wonder a lot more than that.
If Dickie Does Get Sold on 08:22 - Aug 26 with 3492 viewsgazza1

I do not believe that any of our current players mentioned above will be sold in this window. And, if we are going well then they will not be sold in the Jan 22 window either. We are sorted financially for the time being/this season, thanks to all the hard work been and being done at the Club.

In saying that, if we get an absolute massive offer from one of the 'big boys' then it could be very difficult to refuse but I do not see that happening. Those clubs have already got their squads together for the next 4 months.
If Dickie Does Get Sold on 08:52 - Aug 26 with 3407 viewsdistortR

If Dickie Does Get Sold on 06:00 - Aug 26 by easthertsr

As good as he is at this level and I love the guy to bits, how do you think he'd really cope against top premier League players at the moment? For those clubs in the bottom half looking at him it would be a hell of a gamble to pay a lot of cash on an untried player.

yeah, I'm with this. And he's obviously loving his football at Rangers, Warburton and the system give him a license to stride forward - how many teams would let him get into the position he scored from at Hull? And the system protects his lack of pace.
Good vibe at Rangers, he seems a grounded bloke, reckon he'll at least see the season out.
If Dickie Does Get Sold on 08:54 - Aug 26 with 3403 viewsPhildo

If you don't like QPR selling its best players on you must have found the last 50 years hard going
If Dickie Does Get Sold on 09:09 - Aug 26 with 3341 viewscpgerber

I could see us hoping to keep everyone, recharge in the two-week break and then get to January without major casualties and re-assess. Hopefully Masterson and/or Faisal have been going along nicely and are possible loan recalls, otherwise a dip into the loan market again.

Who's been called up for the international break? Dykes and?
If Dickie Does Get Sold on 09:37 - Aug 26 with 3247 viewsterryb

If Dickie Does Get Sold on 00:31 - Aug 26 by 1JD

Brighton bought Adam Webster, a CB, from Bristol City for £24m after only 1 season in the championship

He also played two seasons in The Championship for Ipswich.
If Dickie Does Get Sold on 10:21 - Aug 26 with 3134 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think you may have missed the bit where he said it would be a huge blow.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024