Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kelman 21:33 - Aug 31 with 5156 viewsaston_hoop

Joined Gillingham on loan. Good move, good luck to him

https://t.co/tHPfJWuJT9?amp=1

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Kelman on 21:39 - Aug 31 with 3311 viewscolinallcars

Yes, good luck to the lad, maybe one for the future.
Kelman on 21:41 - Aug 31 with 3285 viewsQPR_Jim

Fingers crossed for him. Glad he's gone to Gillingham, I can pester my mates for progress updates.
Kelman on 21:44 - Aug 31 with 3263 viewsdmm

He's been given their no 9 shirt so must be confident he'll score goals for them.
Kelman on 21:49 - Aug 31 with 3221 viewsaston_hoop

Can add Amrit Bansal-McNulty to Crawley too - his first football league loan I think

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Kelman on 21:51 - Aug 31 with 3200 viewsessextaxiboy

Steve Evans is the manager there . Seems a strange choice .
Kelman on 21:59 - Aug 31 with 3138 viewsMyke

I know I keep harping back to the 'B' team. But why do we keep loaning out players that would (or should be playing on it? My own view on the deadline day activity is we would have a stronger squad if we had kept kane, Kelman and McNulty and left Gray in Watford or wherever. We shall see
Kelman on 22:10 - Aug 31 with 3045 viewsbosh67

Kelman on 21:59 - Aug 31 by Myke

I know I keep harping back to the 'B' team. But why do we keep loaning out players that would (or should be playing on it? My own view on the deadline day activity is we would have a stronger squad if we had kept kane, Kelman and McNulty and left Gray in Watford or wherever. We shall see

Hopefully he'll come back from this experience and be the new "Clive Allen".

Ready and waiting for you Clive, bring it on!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Kelman on 22:11 - Aug 31 with 3040 viewsdistortR

I think our manager and coaching staff have shown that they know what is best both for the squad and for the career progression of individual players.
So, hopefully, Kelman, Bettache, Masterson and McNulty, pretty raw at the moment, come back to us with a years experience in divisions that don't take prisoners, while their understudies step up to the B team, which will help them progress to the stage where those on loan are now, and if necessary, understudy for the first team. There's a process at work here and we're already benefitting hugely from it.
Login to get fewer ads

Kelman on 22:17 - Aug 31 with 2995 viewsCiderwithRsie

Surprised by that, given the game time he's had this season.

Makes more sense of the Gray deal.

I suspect this is actually a vote of confidence in Kelman in that it means they see him as a future first teamer but think he needs to start regularly not just come off the bench.
Kelman on 00:25 - Sep 1 with 2669 viewsstainrods_elbow

I agree - it's teeth-grindingly frustrating. Kelman out and could-go-either- way Gray in leaves us with zero net cover in forward positions, which I fear will come back to bite us on the bum. The club should have kept both and Bettache in the fold, and played them off the bench. Especially as Warbs is always telling us how 'light' our squad is, and we need to use it.

Mind you, if you want sanity and consistency from football professionals, think again!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Kelman on 01:03 - Sep 1 with 2630 viewssimmo

I think the simple answer with Kelman is that he's not quite good enough to be relied upon at our level at the moment, and he's not going to get to the requisite level by playing the last 15mins every 3 or 4 games. 30/40 games played every week will develop him INFINITELY more than being here and barely making the matchday squad.

I think there's more to your point with Bettache, as we're so light in that position, but the same applies to that move too if we believe he is 50 games away from us knowing if he's a QPR first teamer... Plus we have Field and Amos coming back, which again would mean he probably doesn't even get a place on the bench most weeks.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Kelman on 07:53 - Sep 1 with 2414 viewscpgerber

I suspect we could recall Kelman and/or Bonne at any stage in case of emergency, so I am all for letting them gain experience elsewhere.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 7:53]
Kelman on 07:55 - Sep 1 with 2397 viewsgazza1

Money.......

Kelman has a long way to go before he can command a place in the Team and QPR must think that he will develop better playing in the Gills first team.....
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 7:57]
Kelman on 08:05 - Sep 1 with 2362 viewscpgerber

Shodipo hasn't even made a match day squad at Wednesday so far. Is he injured? Otherwise not the sort of loan we would have wanted for him.
Kelman on 08:11 - Sep 1 with 2340 viewsNorthernr

Kelman on 08:05 - Sep 1 by cpgerber

Shodipo hasn't even made a match day squad at Wednesday so far. Is he injured? Otherwise not the sort of loan we would have wanted for him.

Pulled his hammy.

Get the loan deals right and they work. Seen it with Eze, Chair, Dieng.

There have been some bad loans, and players that turned out not to be good enough, but they're a good idea. I'd say if you have doubts then watch the U23 games (recast permitting), the Championship is the moon to that level of football. The gap is enormous. Charlie Kelman and Faysal Bettache playing that sort of football, with very occasional ten minutes for the first team here and there, is going to do nothing for either of them. A year later the player will be a year older and exactly the same, zero progress.

Kelman was barely getting minutes as it was. Now he's behind Charlie, Lyndon and Gray in a team that often plays with only one up front. It really is a no brainer.
Kelman on 08:13 - Sep 1 with 2329 viewsdmm

Kelman on 08:05 - Sep 1 by cpgerber

Shodipo started for Wednesday v Huddersfield in the Carabao cup and sustained an injuring from which he is yet to recover.
Kelman on 08:21 - Sep 1 with 2298 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I hope he scores shirtloads for them.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Kelman on 08:21 - Sep 1 with 2299 viewscpgerber

OK, thanks for the updates. Fully understand and agree with our loaning policy. Really think Betacche and Masterson are going to make strides this year.
Kelman on 09:12 - Sep 1 with 2190 viewsfrancisbowles

Kelman on 07:53 - Sep 1 by cpgerber

I suspect we could recall Kelman and/or Bonne at any stage in case of emergency, so I am all for letting them gain experience elsewhere.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2021 7:53]

NO! Apart from goalkeepers there are no emergency loans or recalls.

The loans of all our players to league clubs are either for the season (with a recall option available in January) or just until January.
Kelman on 09:20 - Sep 1 with 2159 viewsAntti_Heinola

Kelman on 00:25 - Sep 1 by stainrods_elbow

I agree - it's teeth-grindingly frustrating. Kelman out and could-go-either- way Gray in leaves us with zero net cover in forward positions, which I fear will come back to bite us on the bum. The club should have kept both and Bettache in the fold, and played them off the bench. Especially as Warbs is always telling us how 'light' our squad is, and we need to use it.

Mind you, if you want sanity and consistency from football professionals, think again!

Whereas fans are absolute models of sanity and consistency!
I don’t think Warbs has said the squad is light has he? He likes a small squad, but with the injuries and illness we had the other week most would struggle.

Its immeasurably better for Bettache, Kelman and Masterson to be playing proper league football over b team games, however better they might be than U23 games. This will be really valuable when those three star for us in our first season back in the champ after relegation in 2023.

Bare bones.

Kelman on 09:26 - Sep 1 with 2122 viewsLoftgirl

Kelman on 01:03 - Sep 1 by simmo

I think the simple answer with Kelman is that he's not quite good enough to be relied upon at our level at the moment, and he's not going to get to the requisite level by playing the last 15mins every 3 or 4 games. 30/40 games played every week will develop him INFINITELY more than being here and barely making the matchday squad.

I think there's more to your point with Bettache, as we're so light in that position, but the same applies to that move too if we believe he is 50 games away from us knowing if he's a QPR first teamer... Plus we have Field and Amos coming back, which again would mean he probably doesn't even get a place on the bench most weeks.

"30/40 games played every week" will certainly sort the wheat from the chaff.
Kelman on 09:26 - Sep 1 with 2118 viewsfrancisbowles

Kelman on 09:20 - Sep 1 by Antti_Heinola

Whereas fans are absolute models of sanity and consistency!
I don’t think Warbs has said the squad is light has he? He likes a small squad, but with the injuries and illness we had the other week most would struggle.

Its immeasurably better for Bettache, Kelman and Masterson to be playing proper league football over b team games, however better they might be than U23 games. This will be really valuable when those three star for us in our first season back in the champ after relegation in 2023.

Yes, B team games will be something akin to ad hoc trial/ friendly matches. Regular competitive matches at a standard just below our league should be far more beneficial.
Kelman on 11:29 - Sep 1 with 1968 viewsTonto

A few thoughts on loaning vs B team:

This is the first year of the B team. How many games will they play? How competitive will they be?

Compare that to the number of competitive games he will get at Gillingham.

When it comes to developing players competitive games already key. When it comes to fitness sharpness and first blooding (slightly different to developing) the B team fixture are great.

So overall j get the feeling we will emeritus more from Kerman going to Gillingham and coming back a better player with (hopefully) 40 plus games under his belt.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Kelman on 11:51 - Sep 1 with 1912 viewsNorthernr

Kelman on 09:26 - Sep 1 by Loftgirl

If Stainrod's Elbow did the fixture lists...
Kelman on 11:54 - Sep 1 with 1890 viewssimmo

Kelman on 09:26 - Sep 1 by Loftgirl

Games within games, mate. Mind games, individual battles, connect 4... You're not looking at the whole pie, Loftgirl

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024