Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Hoos — Patreon 09:07 - Sep 8 with 9266 viewsNorthernr

Interview now up on the front page in written form, and on the Patreon in audio form - though as ever at Loftus Road we've struggled with the background inteference on the recording so I apologise in advance for the ropey quality of the recording. Hopefully you'll enjoy the nostalgia of AM radio and it won't ruin it for you too much.

I guess the big headline from it all is the secretary of state has signed off on the new training ground.

Tried to raise as many of your points as possible... Apologies if I didn't get to it all.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55699
Lee Hoos — Patreon on 10:32 - Sep 8 with 4846 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks as ever, Clive. A great listen. Incredibly detailed questions and replies.

Superb news on the training ground.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lee Hoos — Patreon on 10:34 - Sep 8 with 4846 viewsdaveB

really interesting stuff
Lee Hoos — Patreon on 10:51 - Sep 8 with 4779 viewsRs_Holy

Cheers Clive... great interview.
Lee Hoos — Patreon on 11:01 - Sep 8 with 4748 viewstoboboly

A great listen Clive, thank you for sorting. A couple of things I noticed;

- The players didn't take a pay cut, they deferred their wages didn't they?

- Safe standing, not sure we should be fussed about the away end.

- Not sure a 'lack' of stewards means people can't pour a pint. He does have the staff in the Loft, they just can't serve correctly.

- "We had a lot of older fans whom we gave the card again" - disingenuous, initially no communication regarding the ability to have a card, the card doesn't work as it has a barcode, the box office weren't aware of this it seems, I was given paper tickets after having to re-email them after the Millwall game as the new QR ST wouldn't work for two games.

- Late ticket sales - Hoos says it was good motives, however that doesn't explain the lack of communication (which he addresses) and also home tickets are going on sale incredibly late which shoots a hole in this answer. Not sure why this ball has been dropped.

- Waiting list?

- Reading tickets issue, Orient tickets and Boro, Hull could have been the same issue so is a trend rather than a one off. Presumably after the Reading furore this will be sorted but not sure why this ball has been dropped.

- Rolling loyalty points is a great idea.

- Great point about a sht hotdog taking as much room as a good one, he seems to be making paper thin excuses. When you go to a venue in the US the food quality is generally 1000% better.

- He's a Ravens fan, that is good.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Lee Hoos — Patreon on 11:04 - Sep 8 with 4734 viewsNorthernr

Lee Hoos — Patreon on 11:01 - Sep 8 by toboboly

A great listen Clive, thank you for sorting. A couple of things I noticed;

- The players didn't take a pay cut, they deferred their wages didn't they?

- Safe standing, not sure we should be fussed about the away end.

- Not sure a 'lack' of stewards means people can't pour a pint. He does have the staff in the Loft, they just can't serve correctly.

- "We had a lot of older fans whom we gave the card again" - disingenuous, initially no communication regarding the ability to have a card, the card doesn't work as it has a barcode, the box office weren't aware of this it seems, I was given paper tickets after having to re-email them after the Millwall game as the new QR ST wouldn't work for two games.

- Late ticket sales - Hoos says it was good motives, however that doesn't explain the lack of communication (which he addresses) and also home tickets are going on sale incredibly late which shoots a hole in this answer. Not sure why this ball has been dropped.

- Waiting list?

- Reading tickets issue, Orient tickets and Boro, Hull could have been the same issue so is a trend rather than a one off. Presumably after the Reading furore this will be sorted but not sure why this ball has been dropped.

- Rolling loyalty points is a great idea.

- Great point about a sht hotdog taking as much room as a good one, he seems to be making paper thin excuses. When you go to a venue in the US the food quality is generally 1000% better.

- He's a Ravens fan, that is good.

On the food thing, I was going to bring up the example of Grimsby, who have a far smaller, far older, far shtter ground than us, but the new owners have gone in there and the first thing they've done is focus on catering, beer etc and make it stuff you'd actually want to eat or drink.If it can be done at Blundell park surely it can be done here, that place is tiny and made of wood.

But I thought I'd laboured the point enough by that point.
Lee Hoos — Patreon on 11:24 - Sep 8 with 4672 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Fantastic insight into what's going on, 10/10 all round.
Lee Hoos — Patreon on 11:25 - Sep 8 with 4668 viewsPhildo

Lee Hoos — Patreon on 11:04 - Sep 8 by Northernr

On the food thing, I was going to bring up the example of Grimsby, who have a far smaller, far older, far shtter ground than us, but the new owners have gone in there and the first thing they've done is focus on catering, beer etc and make it stuff you'd actually want to eat or drink.If it can be done at Blundell park surely it can be done here, that place is tiny and made of wood.

True although staffing may be more of a problem in London than anywhere else as a lot of transitory population has melted away.

I was interested in what he said about staff and mental health - I think that is such a problem everywhere at present after the last two years.

I see he thinks you wont be running this website in 20 years - given the thread on contributors ages I am wondering if you will be able to do some live match summaries at a care home on the Goldhawk Road by then for some of us?
Lee Hoos — Patreon on 11:31 - Sep 8 with 4637 viewsswisscottage

Clive,

Fabulous interview as usual.

I do want to bring up the quality of the food though. The burgers are literally sh!t patties. They're worse than the salmonella burgers you get in the worst kind of food trucks. For the mark-ups on the food this level of quality is a disgrace.

Once bitten twice shy and all that. I usually try them at least once a season to se if they're edible. If they were actually edible I might actually buy them more often. I dare say I'm not the only one that feels like this.

As you say I want to give them my money, but I'm not going to pay them for dog sh!t.

One criticism on a technical note, and I don't want to detract from the quality around the content, but it hasn't done my tinnitus any favours. Numerous points of exclamations straight into the mics that literally hurt my ears on a moderate volume level when listening with headphones. [Edit] just seem the note on the Patreon site about the sound quality.. no need to respond to this.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2021 11:34]
Login to get fewer ads

Lee Hoos — Patreon on 11:33 - Sep 8 with 4632 viewsNorthernr

Lee Hoos — Patreon on 11:31 - Sep 8 by swisscottage

Clive,

Fabulous interview as usual.

I do want to bring up the quality of the food though. The burgers are literally sh!t patties. They're worse than the salmonella burgers you get in the worst kind of food trucks. For the mark-ups on the food this level of quality is a disgrace.

Once bitten twice shy and all that. I usually try them at least once a season to se if they're edible. If they were actually edible I might actually buy them more often. I dare say I'm not the only one that feels like this.

As you say I want to give them my money, but I'm not going to pay them for dog sh!t.

One criticism on a technical note, and I don't want to detract from the quality around the content, but it hasn't done my tinnitus any favours. Numerous points of exclamations straight into the mics that literally hurt my ears on a moderate volume level when listening with headphones. [Edit] just seem the note on the Patreon site about the sound quality.. no need to respond to this.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2021 11:34]

Yeh hands up on the quality of the audio, it's partly a problem at Loftus Road, and partly a problem with my recording device which has had it. Will be replaced before I do any more. Massive apologies, was gutted when I listened to it back last night and realised how ropey it was.
Lee Hoos — Patreon on 11:49 - Sep 8 with 4568 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Churlish and nit-picking I know, given the quality of the interview - but I'm just going to leave this here...

Lee Hoos — Patreon on 11:50 - Sep 8 with 4559 viewsNorthernr

Lee Hoos — Patreon on 11:49 - Sep 8 by Ashdown_Ranger

Churlish and nit-picking I know, given the quality of the interview - but I'm just going to leave this here...

Thought I'd got away with that, corrected 5 mins ago.
Lee Hoos — Patreon on 12:06 - Sep 8 with 4494 viewsgazza1

Good read thanks......Grimsby eh, had a super fish and chip just outside the ground many years ago - fabulous.
Lee Hoos — Patreon on 12:28 - Sep 8 with 4405 viewsslmrstid

We're quite privileged with the level of access the club is willing to give to top execs to give fan interviews...

Great job Clive and very enjoyable to read.
Lee Hoos — Patreon on 13:04 - Sep 8 with 4269 viewsdanehoop

Great interview Clive.

I really appreciate how genuine Hoos comes across in his responses. I don't feel his tries to duck the difficult questions and found myself laughing out loud at some of your exchanges.

We are lucky to have such a good team at the top of the club at the moment, I look back at "the Beard years" and prior and shudder. Would love it we managed to give Hoos the logistical challenge of a promotion to manage this year.

Never knowingly understood

Lee Hoos — Patreon on 13:07 - Sep 8 with 4265 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Thanks Clive,

A good read and appreciate you asking the questions on our behalf.
At over 10,000 words very comprehensive.

Generally a positive update.
Do you think Lee Hoos will follow up and address the concerns raised?

Also with Recast - is there really money in this?

Cheers
Lee Hoos — Patreon on 13:23 - Sep 8 with 4196 viewsrsonist

Exemplary stuff. Find myself really quite proud (even a bit emotional unexpectedly) to support a club where there's a regular and frank dialogue this sussed. Big thank you for all the hard graft Norf.

Thought Hoos' answers were meaty, thorough and sincere, for what it's worth. Struggling to imagine at the moment what offence could be taken but the fans haven't let me down before.

On a running theme, certainly sympathise with his comments wrt communication being a two way street: "there are ways to complain [...] don’t just tell me it’s crap, tell me why"

Think we can afford an ironic chuckle at our interview audio being ropey when questioning the club's about theirs... :)
Lee Hoos — Patreon on 13:39 - Sep 8 with 4125 viewsrsonist

Very canny of him to bring up Barcelona and Real Madrid I thought. It is not often mentioned that institutional democracy has actually been guarantor of not guardian against the nonsenses there, precisely because the boards are forever on a short-termist election cycle treadmill. Believe it or not Barca have a industry-leading research analytics department, for instance - but because it can't bear fruit in an impossibly short time and they are allowed no margin for error (hollow laugh) it is simply ignored for the most part.
Lee Hoos — Patreon on 13:42 - Sep 8 with 4111 viewsrsonist

Lee Hoos — Patreon on 13:07 - Sep 8 by superhoopdownunder

Thanks Clive,

A good read and appreciate you asking the questions on our behalf.
At over 10,000 words very comprehensive.

Generally a positive update.
Do you think Lee Hoos will follow up and address the concerns raised?

Also with Recast - is there really money in this?

Cheers

"The returns we're seeing, even from the two U23 games we've done so far, compared to when we hosted them on the official website, are significant. Not buying a new player significant, but certainly could pay for a development player for instance."
Lee Hoos — Patreon on 13:42 - Sep 8 with 4116 viewsdmm

And another who wants to thank you and Lee for such an informative and valuable interview.

It struck me again how running QPR is a hugely complex task; something to keep in mind when we next get annoyed with a 'water pressure' issue or, in my case, a leaking roof above my seat!
Lee Hoos — Patreon on 14:07 - Sep 8 with 4017 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Lee Hoos — Patreon on 13:42 - Sep 8 by rsonist

"The returns we're seeing, even from the two U23 games we've done so far, compared to when we hosted them on the official website, are significant. Not buying a new player significant, but certainly could pay for a development player for instance."

Yes that comment really surprised me
Lee Hoos — Patreon on 15:16 - Sep 8 with 3808 viewsScarecrow

Thank you Clive for a insightful interview with Lee and also reinstating Away games.
Time will tell, but believe we have a good one, that's now getting to understand what QPR is all all about ( far from easy) in Lee Hoos.
Lee Hoos — Patreon on 15:24 - Sep 8 with 3777 viewsdanehoop

There is a slightly cynical side to me that would point out that it wouldn't be impossible for for a savvy CEO being interviewed by someone from a website to read said website ahead of the interview to review likely areas of questioning. It's what I'd do in the same situation.....

Never knowingly understood

Lee Hoos — Patreon on 15:41 - Sep 8 with 3729 viewsngbqpr

Lee Hoos — Patreon on 15:24 - Sep 8 by danehoop

There is a slightly cynical side to me that would point out that it wouldn't be impossible for for a savvy CEO being interviewed by someone from a website to read said website ahead of the interview to review likely areas of questioning. It's what I'd do in the same situation.....

I'd be disappointed if he didn't tbh.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Lee Hoos — Patreon on 15:43 - Sep 8 with 3723 viewsNorthernr

Lee Hoos — Patreon on 15:24 - Sep 8 by danehoop

I don't think it's in any doubt that they'd done that. He brought the phone line issue up before I mentioned it, because he knew it was coming anyway. It was also a very clear media strategy for the interview to admit to failings, apologise for them, say there's no excuse, but also gently get it across how difficult staff and logistics are at the moment, and the varying mental states the employees they do have may have come out of lockdown in.

It's one of the reasons I've previously refrained from "I'm interviewing... any questions?" threads in the past, but I was annoyed with myself for missing some obvious qs with Warburton in the summer, and I think there are so many issues out there atm that it was right to try and canvas some opinion.

On the loyalty points, for instance, I'd probably have gone in there hot and heavy with a "all these people who left refunds with you and have been coming to qpr for years and this is how you repay them" but actually when I tweeted words to that effect last week I ended up in a very interesting conversation (on Twitter!!!) with younger QPR fans who were like "yeh it's alright for you with your points banked, if you're 18/19/20 just starting to go away the system is broken for us", so worked in a question on that accordingly.
Lee Hoos — Patreon on 16:26 - Sep 8 with 3614 viewsKonk

Lee Hoos — Patreon on 15:43 - Sep 8 by Northernr

I don't think it's in any doubt that they'd done that. He brought the phone line issue up before I mentioned it, because he knew it was coming anyway. It was also a very clear media strategy for the interview to admit to failings, apologise for them, say there's no excuse, but also gently get it across how difficult staff and logistics are at the moment, and the varying mental states the employees they do have may have come out of lockdown in.

It's one of the reasons I've previously refrained from "I'm interviewing... any questions?" threads in the past, but I was annoyed with myself for missing some obvious qs with Warburton in the summer, and I think there are so many issues out there atm that it was right to try and canvas some opinion.

On the loyalty points, for instance, I'd probably have gone in there hot and heavy with a "all these people who left refunds with you and have been coming to qpr for years and this is how you repay them" but actually when I tweeted words to that effect last week I ended up in a very interesting conversation (on Twitter!!!) with younger QPR fans who were like "yeh it's alright for you with your points banked, if you're 18/19/20 just starting to go away the system is broken for us", so worked in a question on that accordingly.

I've always thought there should be a percentage of tickets for away games that aren't allocated on a loyalty points basis. I know a few blokes in their 40-50's, who used to do most aways, but don't any more, yet still have more-or-less 100% away attendance on the system, because they book tickets for other people for the matches they can't make - because that's the only way the other person will qualify for a ticket under the loyalty scheme. So, a Man City mate in London, gets to go to OT and all the London aways, even though it's the best part of 10 years since he was going away every week. I can fully understand the case for loyalty points, but it's sad/odd to think that there may well be 20-30 year old season tickets holders at some clubs who've never had the chance to go to an away derby.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024