Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread 00:22 - Sep 18 with 24841 viewsdavman

My go (until we lose a game). Good run, Pinner, but just like any lucky pants or Neil Warnock's shorts, when the run ends, the luck has gone...

I am not gonna lie, I'm worried about this one. Their high press has proven effective for them this season and we can be vulnerable to it.

2-2 with them drawing level late on.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 20:31 - Sep 18 with 1833 viewsstainrods_elbow

Time will tell, and I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not sure our strikers are as good as we will need them to be if we're to do well this season. I also don't see the point of Warburton constantly stating the obvious about our being more clinical, as if this were something players can just somehow 'decide' to become better at. They either miss or score, depending on their ability - though now I'm stating the obvious myself.

Chair and Willock are a cut above at this level, but weren't quite good enough today to unlock the visitors' defence. Charlie, Lyndon and Gray all had good chances, but weren't sharp or precise enough. While it's encouraging we can endanger the oppo's goal from all over the park - McCallum has shown the last couple of games he has a goal in him, de Wijs is a beast from corners, we know all about Dickie, and Barbet came closer to a spectacular strike - we are going to need 10-15 goals a piece from our forward trio. Charlie's start has not been exactly what we or he would want - one goal, one bereavement, already missing games and apparent fitness/sharpness issues, for me Dykes will continue to blow hot and cold, while Gray looks OK, but only OK.

At the same time, there's lots to applaud and feel excited by in this team, the fans know it, and that's why they're getting behind them. But we do like to shoot ourselves in the foot, and we seem to make our own bad luck, rather than the good kind.

Two tough games to come vs Everton and West Brom and I hope it won't be two defeats, but we'll have to be right on our game and also win the tactical battle to succeed. By the end of the month, we'll know a bit more, but I think there'll be thrills and spills aplenty this campaign. Can we step up?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 20:50 - Sep 18 with 1788 viewsBoston

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:21 - Sep 18 by distortR

I blame davman for this carbuncle

Edit - Cider got there first. Davman has lost the dressing room.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2021 17:24]

...'cept for the wall we're putting him up against.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 20:55 - Sep 18 with 1765 viewsBoston

As it 'appen's...I had the game on a speaker at the job today, three of us chipping away, all thought it came over as a blinder. Although pizzed orf with the result, I again came away thinking we're a damn good team...but losing with style is still losing.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 21:35 - Sep 18 with 1686 viewsqprphil

We'll be alright, we are missing Wallace, he makes a massive difference to the way we play imo.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 21:48 - Sep 18 with 1656 viewszizoustainrod

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 18:00 - Sep 18 by stevec

Thought Bentley made the saves most keepers would make given the poor finishing.

Wells goal a comedy of errors. Dickie in a vat of treacle, De wijs falling over at precisely the wrong moment. But what is Dieng doing on these one to ones lately, not expecting him to save but at least come out enough to narrow the angle, the gap he left on that side was huge.

He hesitated on Swift’s first goal. Is there something in the coaching, this was one of Lumleys failings but Dieng was not doing this last season.

Interesting. I haven't seen today's highlights but I thought the same versus Reading. If it is practically a 1 v 1 you have to get out and shut down those angles. Get in their face! I thought for Swift's first goal last weekend it was as if Dieng just stood there and waited for the shot. Not like last season when he made a number of 1 v 1 saves. Sounds like today was similar. Interested to hear from someone with more keeper nous than I.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 22:04 - Sep 18 with 1619 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 21:35 - Sep 18 by qprphil

We'll be alright, we are missing Wallace, he makes a massive difference to the way we play imo.

Except he's injured again. McCallam improving game by game but some tough games to come.

We lack width.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 06:17 - Sep 19 with 1411 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Get Pinner back starting the match threads

Does anyone know how long Wallace and Field are out for?
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 09:21 - Sep 19 with 1321 viewsDorse

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 06:17 - Sep 19 by superhoopdownunder

Get Pinner back starting the match threads

Does anyone know how long Wallace and Field are out for?

Didn't they get injured on Pinner's watch?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 13:19 - Sep 19 with 1189 viewsBazzeR

The next time I read complaints about the stifling tactics and fouls committed on our players I hope they remember Massengo yesterday.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 15:52 - Sep 19 with 1107 viewsPinnerPaul

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 13:19 - Sep 19 by BazzeR

The next time I read complaints about the stifling tactics and fouls committed on our players I hope they remember Massengo yesterday.

??? - Personal opinion, but thought that many of 'fouls' on him weren't at all, 1st half referee seemed to agree with me, not so much 2nd half unfortunately.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:02 - Sep 19 with 1070 viewsBazzeR

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 15:52 - Sep 19 by PinnerPaul

??? - Personal opinion, but thought that many of 'fouls' on him weren't at all, 1st half referee seemed to agree with me, not so much 2nd half unfortunately.

For me,the referee showed early in the game that the new instructions to allow more initial contact was not going to be followed.

Accordingly that signals to the players how the ref intends for the game to be played out,despite having 63% possession we committed 13 fouls compared to BC 8.

My personal opinion was the ref had a decent game which could be backed up with the lack of complaints normally seen on match day threads.

That same logic may also apply to fouls awarded to Massengo with the general view from posters regarding how well he played and not ‘he was diver ‘
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:37 - Sep 19 with 1018 viewsPinnerPaul

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:02 - Sep 19 by BazzeR

For me,the referee showed early in the game that the new instructions to allow more initial contact was not going to be followed.

Accordingly that signals to the players how the ref intends for the game to be played out,despite having 63% possession we committed 13 fouls compared to BC 8.

My personal opinion was the ref had a decent game which could be backed up with the lack of complaints normally seen on match day threads.

That same logic may also apply to fouls awarded to Massengo with the general view from posters regarding how well he played and not ‘he was diver ‘

Fair enough its all all opinions, but me, my son and several others in T block were getting pretty frustrated with Mr M's antics by the end.

It is possible to be good and a 'diver' - see H.Kane and J.Grealish!
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 12:35 - Sep 20 with 875 viewsgazza1

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 17:37 - Sep 19 by PinnerPaul

Fair enough its all all opinions, but me, my son and several others in T block were getting pretty frustrated with Mr M's antics by the end.

It is possible to be good and a 'diver' - see H.Kane and J.Grealish!

Well, its not just me that you do not agree with PP!!!

Bazzer thinks he was fine, Norf thinks he is the best we have had and gave an 8!!!

PS - My friend thinks that Willock's kick, off the ball, is without question a sending off - violent conduct - and the assessor would have raised the matter with him if he was doing his job properly.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 13:45 - Sep 20 with 827 viewsPinnerPaul

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 12:35 - Sep 20 by gazza1

Bazzer thinks he was fine, Norf thinks he is the best we have had and gave an 8!!!

PS - My friend thinks that Willock's kick, off the ball, is without question a sending off - violent conduct - and the assessor would have raised the matter with him if he was doing his job properly.

I wonder when the last time your friend read the LOTG.

He can think what he likes, but my point was only to state what the LOTG actually says.

If I was challenged in a similar position I would ask that person "Did you think the kick contained excessive force or brutality?"

Another to agree to disagree on I think mate!
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 13:47 - Sep 20 with 821 viewsPinnerPaul

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 12:35 - Sep 20 by gazza1

On the Bristol City referee - he DID have a fine game.

That's the thing with most fans, they only remember the decisions they don't agree with and then castigate the whole performance.

Giving a few soft free kicks, which was my only criticism, a bad game does not make!
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 13:52 - Sep 20 with 815 viewsnix

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 13:45 - Sep 20 by PinnerPaul

I wonder when the last time your friend read the LOTG.

He can think what he likes, but my point was only to state what the LOTG actually says.

If I was challenged in a similar position I would ask that person "Did you think the kick contained excessive force or brutality?"

Another to agree to disagree on I think mate!

I agree with you on this one. No way was that excessive force. Silly if that's a red card and some 'orange' tackles that could feasibly hurt someone aren't. And the shove in the back that led to the kick out was arguably much more physical and likely to cause harm if he'd fallen awkwardly than a tap on the calf.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 13:58 - Sep 20 with 808 viewsPinnerPaul

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 13:52 - Sep 20 by nix

I agree with you on this one. No way was that excessive force. Silly if that's a red card and some 'orange' tackles that could feasibly hurt someone aren't. And the shove in the back that led to the kick out was arguably much more physical and likely to cause harm if he'd fallen awkwardly than a tap on the calf.

Indeed, which is a good reason to suspect that is the reason the law was changed.

You can't have 'any' kick is red card, but an illegal reckless tackle, which as you say, can be very robust, as only a yellow.
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 14:38 - Sep 20 with 794 viewsBazzeR

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 13:47 - Sep 20 by PinnerPaul

On the Bristol City referee - he DID have a fine game.

That's the thing with most fans, they only remember the decisions they don't agree with and then castigate the whole performance.

Giving a few soft free kicks, which was my only criticism, a bad game does not make!

“Giving a few soft free kicks,which was my only criticism,a bad game does not make “

It’s ok to admit sometimes you can get things wrong without trying to make a play on words.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 14:40]
Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 14:53 - Sep 20 with 775 viewsPinnerPaul

Pinner's run is at an end - Brizzle City Match Thread on 14:38 - Sep 20 by BazzeR

“Giving a few soft free kicks,which was my only criticism,a bad game does not make “

It’s ok to admit sometimes you can get things wrong without trying to make a play on words.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2021 14:40]

I really wasn't, just trying to avoid repeating myself.

But if you insist here, word for word is what I posted in "The Officials"

Ref - "Thought he did OK. A little inconsistent in his decision making especially regarding Massengo, who hit the deck after EVERY challenge. 1st half I thought he(the ref) had a hold on it, but 2nd he gave him a foul every time. Added time and cautions all good for me.
Infuriatingly, he did what a lot of refs do and somehow pretend that the ball is moving if the attacking side try to take a quick free kick - against the spirt of the law I would say."

No where did I say he had a 'bad' game - agree? Thanks!

Sorry to everyone else!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024