Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread 13:03 - Sep 28 with 21931 viewsMyke

I thought I'd have a go. The last one I did was 3-0 v Coventry last season. Called it too. Don't think we'll repeat that, as clean sheets are like hen's teeth, going for 3-1. Two for Austin and Willock with the other
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:01 - Sep 28 with 2000 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:53 - Sep 28 by Myke

Delighted with the win. Badly needed. Particularly pleased for both the defence and Chair who both deserved their respective rewards. But 'superb to watch' i thought it was awful from our middle third forward. Mis-placed passes, running up blind alleys, no cohesion, Charlie taking ridiculous shots Dykes slow and ponderous. Gray contributing exactly nothing again (why o why do we ALWAYS take off our 'heading' strikers when we bring on Adomah?) As I say, an important win, but I thought it was Championship 'fare' at its worst.

I was just referring to the last ten minutes, Myke, when we strung together some lovely moves.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:08 - Sep 28 with 1896 viewstkqpr

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:59 - Sep 28 by Greenbay

FT REPORT
This was a hard-working performance.
It certainly wasn't one of our best.
BUT we won and deservedly so.
And we kept a clean sheet.
Brum is not the greatest of teams.
They missed some clear opportunities.
But so did we.
Outstanding was Chair - so creative.
His flair made all the difference - a goal in either half happily ended our run of 3 successive Championship defeats.
After poor starts in either half - this victory bodes well for the future.
We bounced back and always looked likely to score as Brum pressed forward.
Tenacity and hard work paid dividends.
Everyone put in a shift.

As we all know we had that great run in the second half of last season.
That was because of our on-loan players Jojo, Austin, de Wijs and Field - and now they are fully-fledged Rangers.
Against Brum just one was playing - Charlie - and he was substituted in the second half.
The three others are recovering from injury although de Wijs was on the bench.
If we are to make big headway this season then let's hope Jojo returns and plays to his immaculate best. He is really the engine room of this side.
Field - returning hopefully towards the end of October - you would think could make a big difference.
Willock played at left wing back replacing the injured Wallace and MaCallum.
And I think he was ok.
We're up to 8th - just a point behind the play-off spots although we may drop a place or two after the Wednesday night matches.
This victory was certainly a relief after giving points away in recent games.
Now home to 15th placed Preston on Saturday.
Another win and we will all be singing again.

The way this was laid out i thought it was gonna rhyme
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:10 - Sep 28 with 1871 viewsdistortR

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:08 - Sep 28 by tkqpr

The way this was laid out i thought it was gonna rhyme

I like that idea.

Greenbay - sort it out for the future.
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:14 - Sep 28 with 1803 viewsRangersw12

Great performance from the squad with a couple of players out of position

We didn't really need to get out of 2nd gear and was a comfortable win

Really enjoyed it and nothing better than watching a game under the lights at Loftus Road

Bring on Preston
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:17 - Sep 28 with 1770 viewsQPsyR

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:14 - Sep 28 by Rangersw12

Great performance from the squad with a couple of players out of position

We didn't really need to get out of 2nd gear and was a comfortable win

Really enjoyed it and nothing better than watching a game under the lights at Loftus Road

Bring on Preston

X

FKA AcidPixie

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:22 - Sep 28 with 1709 viewsjoe90

Great result, very pleased with performance.

Not a great start with Odubajo proving to be a liability, although to his credit he did get an assist.

We improved massively after the first goal and never looked back. A win and clean sheet is just what we needed. No deep analysis required tonight, enjoy the win and rest easy.

PS; Felt very sorry for the fans in the paddocks, awful weather tonight!
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:28 - Sep 28 with 1607 viewssimmo

Where are those Chair abusers from Friday??

Clueless.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:29 - Sep 28 with 1589 viewsDavieQPR

The WB position has been a bit dodgy for us this season for various reasons. But if we can get get points with a bit of a makeshift side it augurs well for the future when we get back to full strength.
Login to get fewer ads

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:32 - Sep 28 with 1553 viewsMatch82

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:10 - Sep 28 by distortR

I like that idea.

Greenbay - sort it out for the future.

Henceforth all match reports shall be written as limericks.

As skies pelted it down with rain
Passing the ball was a pain
But Illias Chair
Grabbed himself a pair
And Rangers were winning again.
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:37 - Sep 28 with 1507 viewsLythamR

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:01 - Sep 28 by BrianMcCarthy

I was just referring to the last ten minutes, Myke, when we strung together some lovely moves.

and prior to that we were trying to play some lovely moves that didnt quite come of generally although we were still creating chances.

Moses made some great runs where he was either blocked off or the pass through was just cut out but even though the quality and timing of the passing was often missing I admire the intent

My criticism would be that once again we started without any real snap to our play and so often we took an extra pass rather than banging a cross into the box in the first half which is a criminal waste when you have both Austin and Dykes on the pitch and in position to attack the ball
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:39 - Sep 28 with 1496 viewsDWQPR

I said after the Brizzle City match that we would play much worse and win. Tonight the performance wasn’t anywhere near that against Brizzle but won at a canter. If one word will describe tonight’s performance for me it would be ‘enough’.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2021 22:58]

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:44 - Sep 28 with 1444 viewsdistortR

there once was a young man from Morrocca
who was very good at playing soccer
he dallied in midfield,
said "I'm not a human shield"
then scored a brace, the beautiful little focka.
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:47 - Sep 28 with 1418 viewsQPsyR

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:44 - Sep 28 by distortR

there once was a young man from Morrocca
who was very good at playing soccer
he dallied in midfield,
said "I'm not a human shield"
then scored a brace, the beautiful little focka.

lol mate x

FKA AcidPixie

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:57 - Sep 28 with 1355 viewsMrSheen

I thought Gray did well coming on. He was more dynamic than Dykes or Austin and dragged the cbs out wide to let runners come through.

Dunne really good again, though he struggled more with Aneke who was much more trouble than Hogan or Deeney. Barbet and Dozzell bounced back well after a scrappy first twenty.
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 23:06 - Sep 28 with 1296 viewsted_hendrix

The fella is really quite small,
Because he was born at Toad Hall,
But tonight Ilias Chair,
Scored a pair,
But can't keep the bloody match ball.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 23:13 - Sep 28 with 1244 viewsBrianMcCarthy

There was a young man from Antwerp
So small he was labelled a twerp.
I’ve tried and I’ve tried,
I’ve cried and I’ve cried,
But I can’t get this Limerick to rhyme.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 23:28 - Sep 28 with 1178 viewsgolborne

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 19:09 - Sep 28 by saxbend

442 tonight then. I bet Bowyer didn't predict that. Come on you Rs!

On paper a diamond in midfield, but I suspect it will be quite fluid at times
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 23:46 - Sep 28 with 1106 viewsParkRoyalR

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:57 - Sep 28 by MrSheen

I thought Gray did well coming on. He was more dynamic than Dykes or Austin and dragged the cbs out wide to let runners come through.

Dunne really good again, though he struggled more with Aneke who was much more trouble than Hogan or Deeney. Barbet and Dozzell bounced back well after a scrappy first twenty.

I thought Gray was really poor, couldn't hold the ball up or make use of some good possession on edge of the box. No way near match fitness.

Austin missed two very good chances, which Dykes would get pelters for. Thought Dykes was very decent, great assist for Chair, created a few others chances, won his headers, and didn't let their CB's step out with the ball.

Chair was very very good tonight, ran some great lines + picked Moses early runs inside with some great passes, seemed to play more central and found lots of space in behind Woods. Dunne was nearest to him for MOTM, brings much needed aggression to our backline.
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 23:47 - Sep 28 with 1101 viewsWatfordR

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 23:13 - Sep 28 by BrianMcCarthy

So small he was labelled a twerp.
I’ve tried and I’ve tried,
I’ve cried and I’ve cried,
But I can’t get this Limerick to rhyme.

Who had an incredibly loud slurp
He said “I used to drink brandy
Now instead it’s Guinness Shandy
And sadly it’s making me burp”

I thank you
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 23:48 - Sep 28 with 1092 viewsnix

May not have been a classic QPR performance but after the first twenty minutes, when we were giving the ball away too much and then putting the defence under pressure, it was really enjoyable.

I thought Willock did pretty well as a makeshift WB but we missed his creativity going forward.

The back three did really well too. I like Dunne's way of just doing the simple thing, so he rarely gets badly caught out. Dickie seemed to have got his confidence back and made some tremendous tackles as well as driving forward a bit in the second half. Barbet worked really hard and did a ton of work.

It wasn't a Charlie kind of game, we needed a bit more pace than he's got as our strikers had to track back quite a bit to carry the ball from midfield. Dykes had some good ideas but doesn't always execute it but did well to get the assist.

Chair as said was excellent and good to see him having so much fun.

Dieng was very solid and good to see him not affected by the WBA match. He got a nice cheer when he came off the pitch at half time, which he looked pleased at.

Amos looks very fit and covered a lot of ground in his cameo, doing some good covering defensive work. Looking forward to seeing more of him. Uncs was a bit unlucky not to have someone on the end of his crosses. Gray does some nice runs but could he a) not be offside so much and b) make a scintilla of effort to win the ball back if it doesn't immediately land for him.

I thought Odubajo put in a shift today, he was regularly showing for the ball in the first half and got into some good positions as well as doing his defensive work.

Ball was what it says on the tin: works tirelessly. Sometimes gets us into trouble with displaced passes but you'd want to take him into battle with you.

We've stopped the rot. Let's hope for a result on Saturday, which would be a pretty good start to the season. Left the ground wet but happy.
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 23:56 - Sep 28 with 1055 viewsBoston

I would like to point out that Myke has two winning clean sheets, that in mind I'd like to nominate him to start against Preston.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 00:01 - Sep 29 with 1040 viewsMatch82

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 23:48 - Sep 28 by nix

May not have been a classic QPR performance but after the first twenty minutes, when we were giving the ball away too much and then putting the defence under pressure, it was really enjoyable.

I thought Willock did pretty well as a makeshift WB but we missed his creativity going forward.

The back three did really well too. I like Dunne's way of just doing the simple thing, so he rarely gets badly caught out. Dickie seemed to have got his confidence back and made some tremendous tackles as well as driving forward a bit in the second half. Barbet worked really hard and did a ton of work.

It wasn't a Charlie kind of game, we needed a bit more pace than he's got as our strikers had to track back quite a bit to carry the ball from midfield. Dykes had some good ideas but doesn't always execute it but did well to get the assist.

Dieng was very solid and good to see him not affected by the WBA match. He got a nice cheer when he came off the pitch at half time, which he looked pleased at.

Amos looks very fit and covered a lot of ground in his cameo, doing some good covering defensive work. Looking forward to seeing more of him. Uncs was a bit unlucky not to have someone on the end of his crosses. Gray does some nice runs but could he a) not be offside so much and b) make a scintilla of effort to win the ball back if it doesn't immediately land for him.

I thought Odubajo put in a shift today, he was regularly showing for the ball in the first half and got into some good positions as well as doing his defensive work.

Ball was what it says on the tin: works tirelessly. Sometimes gets us into trouble with displaced passes but you'd want to take him into battle with you.

We've stopped the rot. Let's hope for a result on Saturday, which would be a pretty good start to the season. Left the ground wet but happy.

All makes sense, but that's a terrible limerick
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 00:05 - Sep 29 with 1032 viewsParkRoyalR

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 23:48 - Sep 28 by nix

Great round-up, especially comment on Amos, as you say, he worked really hard to close the gaps in midfield, great to have him back!
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 00:15 - Sep 29 with 991 viewssaxbend

Sound tactics and team selection by Warburton. I would never have predicted that lineup but it set us up nicely. We did the simple things right, were mostly solid at the back, frustrated a side that we've seen score loads already this season. We did especially well making Chong look ordinary and containing Bela who looked their best player tonight . Hogan, and later Jutkiewicz hardly got a sniff. We could have scored loads, but two was plenty. Even though we're a few whatifs away from a much better points tally, I can't help feeling pleased at the GD of +5 after 10 games. That's just not something we're used to seeing after more than a couple of games into the season. Have to do it all again on Saturday now, and take Preston just as seriously.
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 00:15 - Sep 29 with 987 viewsBoston

There's not much there with our Ilias Chair,
Five feet from his toes to the top of his hair,
But what's in between,
Is sublime when it's seen,
Though a goal with his head t'will be remarkably rare!
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 0:20]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024