Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread 13:03 - Sep 28 with 21914 viewsMyke

I thought I'd have a go. The last one I did was 3-0 v Coventry last season. Called it too. Don't think we'll repeat that, as clean sheets are like hen's teeth, going for 3-1. Two for Austin and Willock with the other
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 20:38 - Sep 28 with 2326 viewsMalintabuk

That was a hard watch. Took us a little while to settle, which is not surprising as the teams is pretty makeshift
First 25 mins was Brums but we hung in and if it wasn't for Chong back pass header to Seny, could have been a little different
The goal changed things and seemed to have given us a little confidence boost and getting to half time is a real plus 1 up
Chair for me as been the pick and think Barbet should be getting extra money as he is both left side of a back 3 and a semi WB, Willock is no WB, but the lad is definitely taking one for the team.
So 1-0 pretty scrappy, but that will do me and if it stays the same and we win happy days
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 20:39 - Sep 28 with 2295 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Can someone confirm what the formation was in the first half please?
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 20:46 - Sep 28 with 2124 viewsBklynRanger

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 20:39 - Sep 28 by Beckenhamhoop

Can someone confirm what the formation was in the first half please?

3, 5ish, 2ish Give or take...
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 20:46 - Sep 28 with 2106 viewsstainrods_elbow

Grew into the game in the last 15 or so, as Sinton said, topped off by a slightly fortuitous goal from Chair, who's stood out for us. I think it could be another 2-1 in either direction - let's hope in out favour, to get our form book back in the black. For me, we look where we are in the table, a cut above average, but not necessarily playoff material. Willock has shown some discipline in his more withdrawn role, at the cost of service to Dykes and Austin, who should have scored from his chance - my one gripe being you can't really tell we are playing with two strikers, as they haven't made much happen.

As ever, I hope we see Uncle at some stage in the 2nd half, who is always likely to augment our chance quota. Birmingham look beatable, but might justifiably also feel they should have taken the lead.

PS Crowd pleasingly noisy, but disappointingly sparse - is the petrol factor playing its part?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 20:47 - Sep 28 with 2080 viewsstrikerace

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 20:46 - Sep 28 by BklynRanger

3, 5ish, 2ish Give or take...

Yes exactly
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 20:47 - Sep 28 with 2074 viewsBazzeR

Not convinced on the partnership of Austin and Dykes especially with the lack of crosses coming in.

Brom look vulnerable with balls played in behind.

Gray to replace Dykes for me.
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 20:48 - Sep 28 with 2048 viewsMatch82

Brutal weather. Can see a red here.
Lots of skiddy long range efforts please.
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 20:50 - Sep 28 with 2008 viewsLythamR

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 20:46 - Sep 28 by stainrods_elbow

Grew into the game in the last 15 or so, as Sinton said, topped off by a slightly fortuitous goal from Chair, who's stood out for us. I think it could be another 2-1 in either direction - let's hope in out favour, to get our form book back in the black. For me, we look where we are in the table, a cut above average, but not necessarily playoff material. Willock has shown some discipline in his more withdrawn role, at the cost of service to Dykes and Austin, who should have scored from his chance - my one gripe being you can't really tell we are playing with two strikers, as they haven't made much happen.

As ever, I hope we see Uncle at some stage in the 2nd half, who is always likely to augment our chance quota. Birmingham look beatable, but might justifiably also feel they should have taken the lead.

PS Crowd pleasingly noisy, but disappointingly sparse - is the petrol factor playing its part?

"is the petrol factor playing its part?"

it certainly accounts for my empty seat

with the rub of the green we could have had 4 so far, its not quite running for us this month
Login to get fewer ads

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 20:53 - Sep 28 with 1942 viewsMatch82

Spare a thought for paddocks ticket holders.
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 20:59 - Sep 28 with 1705 viewsVancouverHoop

I don't like it when the ball's in the air too much. As it is right now.
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 20:59 - Sep 28 with 1700 viewsHarbour

Dozzell booked are we on the back foot
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:01 - Sep 28 with 1616 viewsDieByYourSide

Bit of common sense with how much football we're playing on the edge of our own box would be wise given the conditions.

Poll: And it's hi ho

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:01 - Sep 28 with 1613 viewsLythamR

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 20:59 - Sep 28 by Harbour

yes under the cosh at the moment
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:01 - Sep 28 with 1610 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 20:59 - Sep 28 by Harbour

Yes, Brum have started this half better as well.

Jutkiewicz has just shot over from range - their first chance of this half.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:02 - Sep 28 with 1562 viewsMalintabuk

Can't see us hanging on for another 30 mins .... we need to slow this down a little with some sh!thousery
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:04 - Sep 28 with 1466 viewsGreenbay

Almost a replica of the first half.
Brum attacking strongly to begin with before we bounce back and now creating chances.
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:06 - Sep 28 with 1423 viewsVancouverHoop

That was a missed chance by Brum. Fortunately
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:06 - Sep 28 with 1422 viewsLythamR

Dozell off Amos on
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:06 - Sep 28 with 1372 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chair 2-0!!!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:06 - Sep 28 with 1371 viewsstrikerace

Get in!
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:07 - Sep 28 with 1357 viewsGreenbay

Chair 2-0.
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:07 - Sep 28 with 1357 viewsVancouverHoop

Chair......!!!!!!!
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:07 - Sep 28 with 1356 viewsDieByYourSide

ILIAS!

Slipped through a mammoth gap in the Blues defence by Dykes and he slots it home left footed. Beauty.

Poll: And it's hi ho

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:07 - Sep 28 with 1340 viewsBoston

Super Super Chair.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:07 - Sep 28 with 1322 viewsMalintabuk

Get innnnn lovely taken goal Ilias.... cool finish son
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024