Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread 13:03 - Sep 28 with 21917 viewsMyke

I thought I'd have a go. The last one I did was 3-0 v Coventry last season. Called it too. Don't think we'll repeat that, as clean sheets are like hen's teeth, going for 3-1. Two for Austin and Willock with the other
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:32 - Sep 28 with 2207 viewsMalintabuk

Terrific ball from Uncs to Chair and for once Chair control let's him down.... what a chance for his 3rd
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:32 - Sep 28 with 2185 viewsLythamR

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:21 - Sep 28 by Harbour

Are the subs working out how’s Luke doing

We are battling hard but still trying to play, very watchable

Adomah just put in a lovely crosses and won 50/50's. Gray hasnt got much change out of the centre back he is triyng to pin but more effective the one time we got the ball down the channel for him

Amos competent replacement for Dozell
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:35 - Sep 28 with 2027 viewsLythamR

2 mins of injury time left
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:36 - Sep 28 with 1985 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We've been good again in the last ten minutes. And just superb to watch.

FT.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:37 - Sep 28 with 1930 viewsLythamR

Job done well done U R's
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:37 - Sep 28 with 1926 viewsDieByYourSide

Could/should have had more but result was everything and clean sheet very nice to boot. COYRs.

Poll: And it's hi ho

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:37 - Sep 28 with 1896 viewsBoston

Sluggish start, then like a ball going downhill, it just got faster and faster. By the time it hit 70 mins we'd got back to the type of performance that we've been enjoying so far this season. Not bad for a slightly make shift side. Good win, onwards.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2021 21:38]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:39 - Sep 28 with 1848 viewsToast_R

Good win in difficult conditions. Got the job done comfortably. Feels like an important win that one.
Login to get fewer ads

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:39 - Sep 28 with 1845 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Chair clear MOTM

Back three immense.
Willock did well for the team out of position.
Dykes did well up front.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:40 - Sep 28 with 1812 viewsMalintabuk

Great win ... the result much more important than the style of the win
Conditions never helped, having a makeshift team also a factor but a win was much needed, as even 10 games in a run of defeats could have been a real downer on a season
Chair superb tonight not just his play but for me he showed real leadership qualities. Never stopped running and was head and shoulders above everyone else
Felt for Willock but you can't deny his commitment to the team playing as a WB that is not a WB
So a win.... just as important a cleans sheet, and thankfully the end to a grotty September
Well played lads. Strange that the games we played so well in we lost and tonight we were not as good but won
As dear Greavies would have said " it's a funny old game"
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:40 - Sep 28 with 1793 viewsKiwi76

Needed that - team and me!
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:42 - Sep 28 with 1727 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:14 - Sep 28 by ed_83

Hardly surprising given we’re missing our first and second choice left-backs, first-choice centre back and two best midfielders! Given those absences, the conditions and Birmingham’s extremely agricultural approach to the game, I think we’ve done really well after an extremely scrappy start. We’ve been by far the better team and Chair has been head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch.

Agreed. Lest we forget, prior to tonight the team lost 3 on the spin in the league so confidence will have been dented. To win and keep a clean sheet with a patched up side against tough opposition in horrible conditions is an excellent achievement. Well done you Rs. Onwards and upwards.
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:43 - Sep 28 with 1707 viewsHarbour

Great result well done Rs thanks guys for the updates
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:45 - Sep 28 with 1663 viewsQPRSteve

After a nervy start great performance. Could have won by more than two in the end. Chair the stand out player but everyone contributed.
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:48 - Sep 28 with 1577 viewsted_hendrix

Good team performance after some bum results.

Next.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:48 - Sep 28 with 1564 viewsBoston

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:39 - Sep 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Chair clear MOTM

Back three immense.
Dykes did well up front.

Chair motm, by a country mile.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:49 - Sep 28 with 1545 viewsHooping_Mad

Some really good performances, would have loved to see Illy get 3, he will one day.

Dickie was a man mountain again tonight, Moses brighter too

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:50 - Sep 28 with 1534 viewsBazzeR

Well played Chrissy Willock,my MOM
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:51 - Sep 28 with 1504 viewsMick_S

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:48 - Sep 28 by Boston

Chair motm, by a country mile.

Willock was decent, too. I think the bloke is on a different level to most he is up against, but Chair was top man tonight.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:53 - Sep 28 with 1439 viewsMyke

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:36 - Sep 28 by BrianMcCarthy

We've been good again in the last ten minutes. And just superb to watch.

FT.

Delighted with the win. Badly needed. Particularly pleased for both the defence and Chair who both deserved their respective rewards. But 'superb to watch' i thought it was awful from our middle third forward. Mis-placed passes, running up blind alleys, no cohesion, Charlie taking ridiculous shots Dykes slow and ponderous. Gray contributing exactly nothing again (why o why do we ALWAYS take off our 'heading' strikers when we bring on Adomah?) As I say, an important win, but I thought it was Championship 'fare' at its worst.
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:54 - Sep 28 with 1432 viewsVancouverHoop

Our first clean sheet since the win against Coventry. Well played the defence on a filthy night when letting in a soft goal would have been all too easy.
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:57 - Sep 28 with 1390 viewsderbyhoop

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:39 - Sep 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Chair clear MOTM

Back three immense.
Dykes did well up front.

Chair will get the plaudits to go with the goals but the 3 CBs were immense. Against a very big, Birmingham side.

It wasn't perfect going forward but we seemed to get better as each half wore on.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:57 - Sep 28 with 1386 viewsed_83

FT

Great 3 points. Far from our smoothest or most aesthetically pleasing performance, and the first 20 minutes were a mess, but we were brilliant defensively in very challenging circumstances, had quality going forwards, and ground it out. Absolutely deserved to win, and great to see us get our reWarbs after a couple of games we didn’t really deserve to lose. Chair’s the obvious MOM but I though Barbet was superb too.

I’m almost beginning to feel sorry for Brum fans who have to watch this dreck twice a week. At least Pulisball works, for the most part. They offered nothing tonight, and deserved to lose by more.
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 21:59 - Sep 28 with 1360 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT
This was a hard-working performance.
It certainly wasn't one of our best.
BUT we won and deservedly so.
And we kept a clean sheet.
Brum is not the greatest of teams.
They missed some clear opportunities.
But so did we.
Outstanding was Chair - so creative.
His flair made all the difference - a goal in either half happily ended our run of 3 successive Championship defeats.
After poor starts in either half - this victory bodes well for the future.
We bounced back and always looked likely to score as Brum pressed forward.
Tenacity and hard work paid dividends.
Everyone put in a shift.

As we all know we had that great run in the second half of last season.
That was because of our on-loan players Jojo, Austin, de Wijs and Field - and now they are fully-fledged Rangers.
Against Brum just one was playing - Charlie - and he was substituted in the second half.
The three others are recovering from injury although de Wijs was on the bench.
If we are to make big headway this season then let's hope Jojo returns and plays to his immaculate best. He is really the engine room of this side.
Field - returning hopefully towards the end of October - you would think could make a big difference.
Willock played at left wing back replacing the injured Wallace and MaCallum.
And I think he was ok.
We're up to 8th - just a point behind the play-off spots although we may drop a place or two after the Wednesday night matches.
This victory was certainly a relief after giving points away in recent games.
Now home to 15th placed Preston on Saturday.
Another win and we will all be singing again.
The 'Going back to what we do best but with still some issues ' match thread on 22:00 - Sep 28 with 1340 viewsMalintabuk

Agree 100% Myke the conditions and the team never made it an easy watch. Which is why IMO the performance of Chair was outstanding
We were under the cosh for sections of that match and Brum were pretty woeful up top in finishing
But don't care if it was a average performance, a win, a clean sheet is a good night
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024