Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nick London/Andy Sinton 14:21 - Oct 1 with 8969 viewsenfieldargh

I have had the dubious pleasure to watch Derby, Forest, Boro, Hull plus several more clubs. I find the 'home' commentators for Ifollow broadcasts when measured against Nick & Andy fall a very long way short by way of technique, voice sound, totally a biased fans eye based commentary.

Even many of Sky's professional commentators are not as good as our 2.

I'm amazed Nick London hasnt been snapped up by the big boys. He has a great radio voice. Yes he gets some names mixed up now and again but not much else I can find I dont like about him.

Long may they continue

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 11:23 - Oct 5 with 1868 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 22:21 - Oct 4 by Noelmc

Nothing beats being at a match, but if that’s not an option a live stream with a London/Sinton commentary is the best alternative.

Listening to some of Nick’s comments sometimes makes me think that he views this website, as he mentions issues and in-jokes discussed on here. Does anyone know if he is a reader and/or contributor?

I am Nick London, Noel.

I'm also Andy Sinton.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 11:33 - Oct 5 with 1831 viewsPinnerPaul

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 19:26 - Oct 4 by Hayesender

Some Preston fan has emailed the club regarding the biased commentary and threatening to go to the ombudsman if the club don't do anything about it

I hope the club replies to ask how the UK based fans managed to get access to our feed that was only available to overseas fans!
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 11:34 - Oct 5 with 1830 viewsPinnerPaul

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 22:21 - Oct 4 by Noelmc

Nothing beats being at a match, but if that’s not an option a live stream with a London/Sinton commentary is the best alternative.

Listening to some of Nick’s comments sometimes makes me think that he views this website, as he mentions issues and in-jokes discussed on here. Does anyone know if he is a reader and/or contributor?

He does read it I understand, or has in the past any rate.
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 11:41 - Oct 5 with 1801 viewsPinnerPaul

Listened to the 90' and I only winced once or twice at Nick.

There was one foul by Ball that the ref gave and Nick was pretty adamant that it wasn't - it was and Andy said so!

The reaction to the Dickie penalty claim WAS a bit OTT for what it was, but again, Andy pointed out that Rob didn't exactly go mad about it.

The references to PNE were all good for me and of course if Maguire hadn't been such a ****, then Nick couldn't have said anything.,

My only beef is that EVERY time PNE delayed play by kicking the ball away or standing in front of a free kick he mentioned it and blamed the ref, but when we did it, he was/is silent.

TBF he and Andy DID say that its a balancing act - much the same as Clive said in his match report - we/they want us to be more 'streetwise' but do we want to watch PNE levels of 'game management' every week?
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 11:58 - Oct 5 with 1753 viewsNoelmc

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 11:23 - Oct 5 by BrianMcCarthy

I am Nick London, Noel.

I'm also Andy Sinton.

I'm Spartacus
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 12:00 - Oct 5 with 1743 viewsPinnerPaul

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 11:58 - Oct 5 by Noelmc

I'm Spartacus

I'm Michael Oliver
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 12:22 - Oct 5 with 1707 viewsJuzzie

Preston fans listening to QPR commentary are shocked to found out it's slightly biased.

Whatever next.
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 12:23 - Oct 5 with 1705 viewsrsonist

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 11:41 - Oct 5 by PinnerPaul

Listened to the 90' and I only winced once or twice at Nick.

There was one foul by Ball that the ref gave and Nick was pretty adamant that it wasn't - it was and Andy said so!

The reaction to the Dickie penalty claim WAS a bit OTT for what it was, but again, Andy pointed out that Rob didn't exactly go mad about it.

The references to PNE were all good for me and of course if Maguire hadn't been such a ****, then Nick couldn't have said anything.,

My only beef is that EVERY time PNE delayed play by kicking the ball away or standing in front of a free kick he mentioned it and blamed the ref, but when we did it, he was/is silent.

TBF he and Andy DID say that its a balancing act - much the same as Clive said in his match report - we/they want us to be more 'streetwise' but do we want to watch PNE levels of 'game management' every week?

Half suspect reading the preview might be what got him so hyped up...
Login to get fewer ads

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 12:31 - Oct 5 with 1682 viewsNorthernr

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 12:23 - Oct 5 by rsonist

Half suspect reading the preview might be what got him so hyped up...

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 13:11 - Oct 5 with 1622 viewsMick_S

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 12:00 - Oct 5 by PinnerPaul

I'm Michael Oliver

Get lost, oooh my shoulder/leg/ eyebrows.

I’m Sean Maguire.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 13:15 - Oct 5 with 1608 viewsLoftgirl

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 10:27 - Oct 26 with 1290 viewsrobith

As some of you may know, (if you don't have me on ignore for my dreadful digital persona) my dad isn't very well. After making a couple of games at the start of the season, he's had to go back to chemo and can't go to games again.

I wrote to the club's R U OK line to ask if there was something the club could do to perk him up. I thought they'd send him a card or a stream voucher or something.

What I did not expect was dad to message me yesterday saying that he'd just got off the phone from an extensive phone call with Andy Sinton, ringing up to check on him and then ended up just chewing the cud about football.

Dad is still absolutely gassed, and I'm properly overwhelmed that he would take the time to make a gesture like that. Thank you Andy, it meant the absolute world
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 12:59 - Oct 26 with 1223 viewsW7Ranger

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 10:27 - Oct 26 by robith

As some of you may know, (if you don't have me on ignore for my dreadful digital persona) my dad isn't very well. After making a couple of games at the start of the season, he's had to go back to chemo and can't go to games again.

I wrote to the club's R U OK line to ask if there was something the club could do to perk him up. I thought they'd send him a card or a stream voucher or something.

What I did not expect was dad to message me yesterday saying that he'd just got off the phone from an extensive phone call with Andy Sinton, ringing up to check on him and then ended up just chewing the cud about football.

Dad is still absolutely gassed, and I'm properly overwhelmed that he would take the time to make a gesture like that. Thank you Andy, it meant the absolute world

Lovely stuff.

Wishing your Dad well Robith.
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 13:06 - Oct 26 with 1199 viewsKonk

Top work. There are a lot of good people in the game. I hope your Dad’s treatment goes well and he’s doing okay.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 13:09 - Oct 26 with 1184 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That's great, Robith. Delighted for your Dad.

Best wishes to you all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 13:25 - Oct 26 with 1132 viewsPunteR

What a wonderful thing Andy Sinton did there. He's a great ambassador for the club.
Hope your dad is OK and gets well. Tough times for you guy's.
Your online persona is no better or worse than anyone else on here mate.
All the best to you.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Nick London/Andy Sinton on 13:27 - Oct 26 with 1132 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mate, that is excellent and pure class from the club.

Hope your Dad is relatively ok and glad that gesture did him the world of good. A League Cup Qtr final will also be a decent pick me up i'd imagine.
Nick London/Andy Sinton on 13:34 - Oct 26 with 1124 viewsFredManRave

Hope the chemo works out and your Dad is back at the ground in time for the semi final...

And what a great response from the club.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024