Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion 18:19 - Oct 2 with 3606 viewssuperhoopdownunder

7 points off the top after 11 games (35 to go)
(or 4 points off the promotion places)
Unlucky to lose to the Cherries, Baggies and Robins
Keep the Faith!

[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 18:21]
Promotion on 21:41 - Oct 2 with 2988 viewsHooparoo

The championship is a weird league. Look at Coventry - lost 5-0 at Luton then beat the Fools 4-1 today. We just need to be a bit more consistent and I think we’ll be in the mix at the end of the season. We are also a team that can still improve which will be something to savour if we get it right.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Promotion on 21:47 - Oct 2 with 2958 viewsMyke

Promotion on 21:41 - Oct 2 by Hooparoo

The championship is a weird league. Look at Coventry - lost 5-0 at Luton then beat the Fools 4-1 today. We just need to be a bit more consistent and I think we’ll be in the mix at the end of the season. We are also a team that can still improve which will be something to savour if we get it right.

We also need to stop conceding 2 goals in virtually every game. Even Birmingham missed two presentable chances. It puts to much pressure at the other end to score at least 2 and usually 3 for a result. When we only managed 1 we lost 3 games in a row
Promotion on 14:06 - Oct 3 with 2589 viewsfrancisbowles

Promotion on 21:47 - Oct 2 by Myke

We also need to stop conceding 2 goals in virtually every game. Even Birmingham missed two presentable chances. It puts to much pressure at the other end to score at least 2 and usually 3 for a result. When we only managed 1 we lost 3 games in a row

Yes, your right but fourth best goal difference behind the top two and Fools.
Promotion on 15:08 - Oct 3 with 2476 viewsDavieQPR

The only thing that worries me about high scoring matches and great entertainment is that Sky will start sniffing too much.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 15:09]
Promotion on 15:22 - Oct 3 with 2439 viewsgazza1

My view is that we were not unlucky to loose those games, more bad play from us. Reasonably happy with our position but we must stop making basic errors.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 15:23]
Promotion on 16:06 - Oct 3 with 2320 viewsBoston

Promotion on 21:41 - Oct 2 by Hooparoo

Well we are consistent, perform well or quite well, score lots of goals, let in lots of goals.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Promotion on 16:29 - Oct 3 with 2258 viewsbollockchops

Holding on to Chair would help !
Promotion on 16:33 - Oct 3 with 2247 viewsjoe90

We’re not getting promoted this season. Plus it’s way too soon to even be thinking about it. We need to have realistic and sensible expectations: 69 points and +3 gd.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2021 10:53]
Login to get fewer ads

Promotion on 16:42 - Oct 3 with 2228 viewsMedwayR

Promotion on 16:33 - Oct 3 by joe90

We’re not getting promoted this season. Plus it’s way too soon to even be thinking about it. We need to have realistic and sensible expectations: 69 points and +3 gd.

- 69 points???

We're not Derby

Poll: Who’s better?

Promotion on 16:46 - Oct 3 with 2214 viewsHastings_Hoops

I am relatively confident that we may get promoted this year, but (dare I say it), it may be better if we got promoted next season.

Last year, we sold Eze and brought in /brought through Chair, Willock, Dickie, Dieng, Dykes, Dunne… all players who could possibly step up with us; but that’s only half a team of premier potential. We’d be far better equipped to be competitive in the prem if we stayed down to sell one or two of the above, then recruited four or five replacements making a profit, cruising the league and arriving in the premier league with a young/competitive squad… get stronger year on year and arrive in the premier with a great squad
Promotion on 16:56 - Oct 3 with 2186 viewstraininvain

Promotion on 16:46 - Oct 3 by Hastings_Hoops

I am relatively confident that we may get promoted this year, but (dare I say it), it may be better if we got promoted next season.

Last year, we sold Eze and brought in /brought through Chair, Willock, Dickie, Dieng, Dykes, Dunne… all players who could possibly step up with us; but that’s only half a team of premier potential. We’d be far better equipped to be competitive in the prem if we stayed down to sell one or two of the above, then recruited four or five replacements making a profit, cruising the league and arriving in the premier league with a young/competitive squad… get stronger year on year and arrive in the premier with a great squad

We’ll struggle to keep this team together (particularly Dickie, Chair and Willock) if we don’t get promoted this season.
Promotion on 17:14 - Oct 3 with 2145 viewsSharpy36

Can`t really see us getting promoted this season with the way we are currently playing. But if we can cut out the silly mistakes and keep our best players on the pitch between now and January and we are there or there abouts i wouldn`t be surprised to see some more incomings to push us over the line.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Promotion on 17:18 - Oct 3 with 2140 viewsHastings_Hoops

Promotion on 16:56 - Oct 3 by traininvain

We’ll struggle to keep this team together (particularly Dickie, Chair and Willock) if we don’t get promoted this season.

Not necessarily a bad thing if we re-invest as well as we did with the Eze money. Dare I say it Brentfart managed to keep reinvesting (as QPR used to in the old days).
Promotion on 17:36 - Oct 3 with 2083 viewsngbqpr

So +1 point & +1 goal better than last season.

When Warbs spoke of bettering last season, I’m not sure that’s what he had in mind.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Promotion on 17:52 - Oct 3 with 2052 viewsenfieldargh

Teams who I thought would be more of a threat are Brum, Cardiff, Boro

Wasnt expecting much from Stoke who are now in our group of teams vying for 4th, 5th & 6th Spots. Luton, Millwall, Sheff U, Blackburn, Stoke & possibly Florist. Would have included fakes but hopefully the EFL will step in

1, 2 , 3, between WBA, Fulham AFC .

Think Cov will eventually run out of steam but expect fierce competition for play off from

Dark horses could be Huddersfield but for all the teams in this division its keeping the nucleus of your squad fit

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Promotion on 18:57 - Oct 3 with 1948 viewsgazza1

Promotion on 16:56 - Oct 3 by traininvain

Agreed, either they will want to progress or we will want to sell them if the offers arrived at our doorstep......getting into the Premier would give us a chance of keeping those players.
Promotion on 19:09 - Oct 3 with 1918 viewsswisscottage

I cannot see any reason why we shouldn't get in the playoffs.

What the matches against West Brom and Bournemouth showed us is that the isn't a single team in this league for us to fear. The squad is arguably slightly stronger than the team that finished the 2nd half of last season with a wet sail, and I cannot see any reason why that form should not continue.

Cut out the individual defensive aberrations from otherwise our best most consistent players and we'd be in the top three and looking good for it.
Promotion on 19:30 - Oct 3 with 1862 viewsHastings_Hoops

Promotion on 18:57 - Oct 3 by gazza1

Agreed, either they will want to progress or we will want to sell them if the offers arrived at our doorstep......getting into the Premier would give us a chance of keeping those players.

And get £40m in sales - twice what warbs had to build on with the eze money.
Promotion on 19:55 - Oct 3 with 1803 viewsT_Block

Long long way to go yet
Promotion on 10:06 - Oct 5 with 1312 viewsfrancisbowles

Promotion on 19:09 - Oct 3 by swisscottage

I cannot see any reason why we shouldn't get in the playoffs.

What the matches against West Brom and Bournemouth showed us is that the isn't a single team in this league for us to fear. The squad is arguably slightly stronger than the team that finished the 2nd half of last season with a wet sail, and I cannot see any reason why that form should not continue.

Cut out the individual defensive aberrations from otherwise our best most consistent players and we'd be in the top three and looking good for it.

There are another 36 reasons why we might not make the playoffs and if we do then another three why we might not get up. (mustn't use the P word )

Last two home games were great for keeping us on track. We have to avoid any more three match losing runs and try and bounce back from the odd defeat or two if we are to stay in touch until the end of this marathon.
Promotion on 10:26 - Oct 5 with 1269 viewsdaveB

if we are in a similar position in March then promotion is a real possibility, for now I'm just enjoying watching this team regardless of where we are in the league
Promotion on 10:28 - Oct 5 with 1265 viewsTacticalR

In 7 out of the 11 games we have played so far this season we have conceded 2 (or more) goals. We have done this in previous seasons. It's just that this time around we have a decent chance of outscoring the opposition.

Air hostess clique

Promotion on 11:07 - Oct 5 with 1191 viewsjoe90

Promotion on 17:36 - Oct 3 by ngbqpr

So +1 point & +1 goal better than last season.

When Warbs spoke of bettering last season, I’m not sure that’s what he had in mind.

I'm half joking - I believe this season is about consolidating the level/quality of football that kicked in tail end of last season, which so far we seem to be doing. If that get's us into the play-off or even better automatic, happy days! But promotion isn't my expectations.
Promotion on 11:47 - Oct 5 with 1133 viewsPinnerPaul

9/2 or thereabouts with the bookies - hardly no hopers!
Promotion on 13:37 - Oct 5 with 1057 viewsR_from_afar

There's a lot of talk of eliminating individual errors but we will never get rid of them entirely. No team does.

On the other hand, there have been a few games where, if we had been more clinical, we would've taken all three points.

Great start to the season, all without spending much, well done my team. Of course, there's a long way to go, this league is a massive slog.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024