Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uncle Albert 21:44 - Oct 19 with 11454 viewsSuperhoop83

What a legend.

Suffering since 1978.

Uncle Albert on 00:01 - Oct 20 with 3634 viewsParkRoyalR

Uncle Albert on 23:53 - Oct 19 by enfieldargh

Thought Charlie also made a difference when he came on. Kept Blackburn occupied hence them not getting onto us as many teams do when we are protecting a lead.

Albert different class

Dykes single-handedly tied up the two centre halves in last 20, running left to right closing down and stopping them stepping out easily with the ball.

Let's be honest here, Austin did none of the above.
Uncle Albert on 00:05 - Oct 20 with 3586 viewsstrikerace

Uncle Albert on 22:45 - Oct 19 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought taking him off was the right move. He had just started to fade, we had our goal and I thought it made sense to bring on Kakay to shore it up.

and Kakay did an excellent defensive job when he came in
Uncle Albert on 00:09 - Oct 20 with 3567 viewsEmpireStateRanger

That second half performance was a pleasure to watch after what was a tedious first half. MOTM for sure. I joined the standing ovation here in New York when he was subbed off.

I actually don’t have too many qualms with how Warbs & co. have managed him this season. He definitely should have a couple more league starts under his belt, but he brings such positive energy off the bench, and I really want to see him providing that similar form later in the season, which I don’t think can happen if he’s starting every week. Think he’ll be a very important component of we’re to make a promotion push.
Uncle Albert on 00:21 - Oct 20 with 3523 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Uncle Albert on 23:53 - Oct 19 by gobbles

I don't go with that at all. So many games have been crying out for him this season and Warburton has just left him on the bench. He doesn't have to play 90 minutes twice a week, but he should play, he adds so much every time he comes on and the upgrade on Odubajo is enormous.
He hasn't had any minutes since he came on as a sub against Birmingham.

We're 5th.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Uncle Albert on 07:09 - Oct 20 with 3291 viewstraininvain

Uncle Albert on 23:58 - Oct 19 by Hunterhoop

Obvious MotM. Dragged that game out of the Championship gutter. It was dying.

He’s far better than Moses and Kakay going forward. No worse, if not better, then Moses defensively.

Against the weaker teams like post start him.

I’d still like us to switch to a 4231 and ditch a centre half for a central midfielder, but I’d still play Adomah at right back against the weaker teams. The likes of Ball and Amos can cover and he’ll be a nightmare to handle coming from that deep.

Anyway, too performance. Superb technical ability. Give him more minutes!

I wish it was as simple as just starting him again on Saturday because we’re playing Peterborough. It’ll surely depend upon whether Albert can play two games in a short space of time at his age and that’ll come down to sports science.

Hopefully he can but don’t be surprised if he doesn’t start on Saturday.
Uncle Albert on 08:08 - Oct 20 with 3193 viewsWokingR

And to think that Tony Mowbray had supposedly identified a weakness down our right side
And planned to exploit the gap between our right back and Dickie

Well have a big old dose of Uncle Albert you f*cking dinosaur and see how you deal with that !
Uncle Albert on 08:11 - Oct 20 with 3180 viewsMaggsinho

Uncle Albert on 07:09 - Oct 20 by traininvain

I wish it was as simple as just starting him again on Saturday because we’re playing Peterborough. It’ll surely depend upon whether Albert can play two games in a short space of time at his age and that’ll come down to sports science.

After all that running last night I’d be surprised if he can even walk this morning.
Uncle Albert on 08:59 - Oct 20 with 3043 viewsRangers67

Albert I salute you sir. You played with a passion and desire of a fan but much more skill obviously. Your contribution to that victory was immense. Thank you
Login to get fewer ads

Uncle Albert on 09:24 - Oct 20 with 2968 viewslondonscottish

Uncle Albert on 21:45 - Oct 19 by w7r

Some of those moves he pulled - sublime.

He pulled an insane 360 rotation towards the end to skin their LB.

The other thing he regularly does is to stop completely for a while with his foot on the ball. He's kind of going "Come on. Who's next for a bit of shaming?". LOL.

Adel-esque.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Uncle Albert on 09:33 - Oct 20 with 2932 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Uncle Albert on 07:09 - Oct 20 by traininvain

I think I’d rather save him up for the Sunderland game in the cup, so probably have him on the bench against Peterborough. There might be some tired legs around by next Tuesday.

Uncle Albert on 10:04 - Oct 20 with 2841 viewsRs_Holy

Uncle Albert on 09:24 - Oct 20 by londonscottish

The other thing he regularly does is to stop completely for a while with his foot on the ball. He's kind of going "Come on. Who's next for a bit of shaming?". LOL.

Adel-esque.

Wonder is the Offish could put together a compilation of Alberts best bits from last night!... when they've got a spare 10 mins :)
Uncle Albert on 10:17 - Oct 20 with 2787 viewsqprphil

Every player we have gives his all, we have a good squad which we can change about. Everyone plays the best they can, I won't knock any players unless I feel they are not giving it 100%. As for Uncle, superb, he had a great night, I'll leave the team selections to MW. We don't know the reasons why Uncle doesn't start every week.
Uncle Albert on 10:32 - Oct 20 with 2730 viewsStanisgod

Adel-esque.

That was right in front of me, could not believe he did it right on the touchline.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Uncle Albert on 11:15 - Oct 20 with 2636 viewsbongo_king

Adel-esque.

Just what I was thinking - his 2nd 45 is the kind of stuff we used to see from Adel. I was just waiting for him to pull out the rainbow flick :-D. He may well have if he'd stayed on till the end..

Second the hopeful call for an uncs highlights reel from last night. Fingers crossed the media team finds a bit of time!
Uncle Albert on 11:59 - Oct 20 with 2531 viewsMick_S

Uncle Albert on 11:15 - Oct 20 by bongo_king

Just what I was thinking - his 2nd 45 is the kind of stuff we used to see from Adel. I was just waiting for him to pull out the rainbow flick :-D. He may well have if he'd stayed on till the end..

Second the hopeful call for an uncs highlights reel from last night. Fingers crossed the media team finds a bit of time!

T- shirts?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Uncle Albert on 12:07 - Oct 20 with 2501 viewsdmm

Uncle Albert on 11:59 - Oct 20 by Mick_S

T- shirts?

Have you still got the Ledesma one, Mick?
Uncle Albert on 12:13 - Oct 20 with 2478 viewsMick_S

Uncle Albert on 12:07 - Oct 20 by dmm

Have you still got the Ledesma one, Mick?

I have about 16.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Uncle Albert on 12:37 - Oct 20 with 2428 viewsMyke

It was kinda strange. Once Albert got on his bike they couldn't cope with him. You know how we are always saying he and Chaz should be on the pitch at the same time and I felt he should have been introduced 5 minutes earlier when Adomah was totally on fire. Anyway, Austin was no sooner on than Adomah got away down the right yet again, and I thought 'this is it, one sublime cross and Austin will bury it'. Instead, he tried to play Chair in down the right side of the box and overhit it. So they were on the pitch 15/20 mins or so together but unfortunately there were no more crosses before he came off. I was hoping Adomah would provide one assist for Charlie, firstly to win the game of course, but also to prove to Warburton that it is a viable option.
Uncle Albert on 14:10 - Oct 20 with 2287 viewsgobbles

Uncle Albert on 00:21 - Oct 20 by CliveWilsonSaid

We're 5th.

I thought we were talking about Adomah and the best way of using him? That was his first league start of the season., wasn't it? Obviously you don't feel we would be improved by him having more minutes
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 14:18]
Uncle Albert on 14:25 - Oct 20 with 2238 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Uncle Albert on 14:10 - Oct 20 by gobbles

I thought we were talking about Adomah and the best way of using him? That was his first league start of the season., wasn't it? Obviously you don't feel we would be improved by him having more minutes
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 14:18]

Nope. If he can play like that twice a week then I’m all for it.

Crikey everybody’s a bit aggy today. Must be the full moon!

Uncle Albert on 15:19 - Oct 20 with 2153 viewsW7Ranger

Uncle Albert on 16:02 - Oct 20 with 2049 viewsBklynRanger

I wonder what he ate at half time? My guess is a big bucket of raw meat.
Uncle Albert on 16:56 - Oct 20 with 1958 viewsPinnerPaul

Uncle Albert on 14:25 - Oct 20 by CliveWilsonSaid

Nope. If he can play like that twice a week then I’m all for it.

Crikey everybody’s a bit aggy today. Must be the full moon!

Indeed, not sure how some turn a thread praising Albert for his MOTM performance, into (yet another) dig at Charlie?
Uncle Albert on 17:51 - Oct 20 with 1828 viewssoops

Uncle Albert on 15:19 - Oct 20 by W7Ranger

Oh my god that’s beautiful.
I haven’t seen a Rangers player do that since Tricky Trev did it to Kinkladze vs Man City in the mid 90s.
Uncle Albert on 17:59 - Oct 20 with 1801 viewsR_from_afar

Uncle Albert on 15:19 - Oct 20 by W7Ranger

That is brilliant, I was just about to try to find that on YouTube, so cheers for posting it

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024