Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning 09:21 - Nov 6 with 4050 viewsToast_R

Nice to hear from him after all these years. Quite some interesting stories although I only caught the last 20 minutes.

He was discussing his time at QPR with Trevor Sinclair. Interesting how many different perspectives you get of that post Premier League relegation period. He reckoned when he and Spencer arrived they were pretty sure they'd go up but the loss of Sinclair to West Ham was a big part of the reason why that didn't happen. I'm not so sure, wasn't that the following season and QPR were totally under performing by then anyway?

He was saying that he couldn't believe Trev didn't bring that ball down against Barnsley and tee him up for his second goal and how his first goal in that match was actually one of his best but no one remembers it...

A lot of religious stuff and he's peddling his new book.

[Post edited 6 Nov 2021 9:49]
Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 09:24 - Nov 6 with 3159 viewsslmrstid

What radio channel was that? Wonder if its available on playback...

I like Gavin Peacock, he was one of my favourite players in that late 99-02 period when we had some pretty rough years. I think those who were adults at the time were possibly more critical of his play, but 10-12 year old me saw him as Captain Dependable. As ever, the truth is probably fogged by the mists of time and somewhere in the middle!

I remember Gavin scoring the winner at the Britannia in the 01-02 season right in front of us with a half volley. Don't think I've ever seen the goal since and TV footage from that year seems pretty hard to find on the internet.
Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 09:51 - Nov 6 with 3063 viewsToast_R

It was the Talksport Weekend Sports breakfast with the lovely Natalie Sawyer (Brentford fan but we can allow that).
Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 10:19 - Nov 6 with 3006 viewscolinallcars

Rare for a footballer to go from pitch to pulpit.
I wonder if he'll combine the two in his new book with the old joke - which is the only football team mentioned in the bible ?
Answer - Mansfield, as in “ a poor man's field yieldeth not the abundance of the rich man's field “
Matthew 3:1
Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 10:31 - Nov 6 with 2983 viewsToast_R

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 10:19 - Nov 6 by colinallcars

I wonder if he'll combine the two in his new book with the old joke - which is the only football team mentioned in the bible ?
Answer - Mansfield, as in “ a poor man's field yieldeth not the abundance of the rich man's field “

And Mansfield have always been poor...
Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 10:58 - Nov 6 with 2941 viewsozexile

Yeah I have a soft spot for him as well. He was great in those years. He could have easily played the "I'm too good for this level" card. But he just got on with it. Top man.
Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 12:48 - Nov 6 with 2820 viewspaulhoop2

To be honest he gets a lot of unwarranted stick . Was a loyal servant as could have moved awa at any time and stayed after relegation after a short loan at Charlton. Always liked him

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 13:13 - Nov 6 with 2769 viewsloftboy

Saw his debut first time around, same day as Gavin Maguire, Oxford away just before the milk cup final, 3-3 draw.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2021 14:19]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 13:28 - Nov 6 with 2747 viewsWhip_It

He's a bigoted embarrassment who believes women should 'submit' to their husbands and various other pseudo-religious tosh. Would rather forget he ever played for us.
Login to get fewer ads

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 13:34 - Nov 6 with 2726 viewsEastR

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 10:19 - Nov 6 by colinallcars

The Lord has opened his arsenal and brought out the weapons of his wrath

Jeremiah 50:25

The queen of the South will rise up..

Luke 11:31

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 13:53 - Nov 6 with 2689 viewsBoston

Of God and man united

Alex 79.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 17:02 - Nov 6 with 2544 viewscolinallcars

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 10:31 - Nov 6 by Toast_R

And Mansfield have always been poor...

…..but they won at Sunderland today !
Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 11:30 - Nov 7 with 2326 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Absolute wrongun IMO
Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 12:04 - Nov 7 with 2274 viewsPunteR

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 11:30 - Nov 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Absolute wrongun IMO

Because he played for Chelsea?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 12:48 - Nov 7 with 2237 viewsAntti_Heinola

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 12:04 - Nov 7 by PunteR

Because he played for Chelsea?

probably more to do with his sexist and homophobic views.

Bare bones.

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 12:52 - Nov 7 with 2224 viewskensalriser

Decent player for us who's now sadly a full on loon.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 15:54 - Nov 7 with 2055 viewsPunteR

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 12:52 - Nov 7 by kensalriser

Decent player for us who's now sadly a full on loon.

Misguided opinions maybe but being called an absolute wrongun seems a bit harsh.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 16:28 - Nov 7 with 2030 viewsTGRRRSSS

Decent enough player in his time, but does seem to have become a bit strange as stated above.

I've not looked into it but it seems one of those more extreme religious views.

That being said look at the fuss when the Pope visits???...
Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 16:45 - Nov 7 with 2017 viewsT_Block

FFS ,be fair - you make him sound like a convicted sex offender.

It is easy...

You are a wrongun.

Rumour starts here
Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 16:54 - Nov 7 with 2007 viewsnix

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 15:54 - Nov 7 by PunteR

Misguided opinions maybe but being called an absolute wrongun seems a bit harsh.

His attitudes are pretty out there.

I'm not doing much submitting. Are you doing much leading of your wife?

Oh and there's the spanking of the kids, which is apparently a loving gesture for their own good (who knew).

And poor men have lost the ability to be friends with each other. Not round here they haven't but clearly in Gav's world.

And finally let's persecute a few homosexuals by telling them that hell awaits them and that they live in sin.

Lovely...
Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 18:01 - Nov 7 with 1903 viewshoops_legend

Currently reading this book. Only a few chapters in and nothing too crazy to suggest he's got crazy extreme views

What reliable information of him being a religious nut is there out of interest? I think he was a fantastic player for is
Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 18:04 - Nov 7 with 1894 viewshoops_legend

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 18:01 - Nov 7 by hoops_legend

Currently reading this book. Only a few chapters in and nothing too crazy to suggest he's got crazy extreme views

What reliable information of him being a religious nut is there out of interest? I think he was a fantastic player for is

Ok just looked at his old tweets and I see there are some quite weird views there

One tweet does not make him a bad person though ..
Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 19:26 - Nov 7 with 1795 viewsnix

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 18:04 - Nov 7 by hoops_legend

Ok just looked at his old tweets and I see there are some quite weird views there

One tweet does not make him a bad person though ..

http://www.gavinpeacock.net/blog

Fine to make up your own mind but I think it's pretty weird and I'm offended.

Doesn't make him an awful person but in my view he has strange opinions.
Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 19:34 - Nov 7 with 1772 viewsngbqpr

Opened thread, thinking 'good old Gav.'

Remembered that goal v Stoke that was mentioned and the joy I felt at that moment, I really felt we'd turned a corner..

Then read his blog posts via Nix's link and agree with her comments, plus those of Baz & Kensal. Appalling, 18th century views.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 19:34 - Nov 7 with 1772 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not just a tweet though is it.

It’s a YouTube channel, blog, radio show, various TV interviews, AND Twitter. All decrying homosexuality, women’s rights, and divorce while claiming victimhood and cancel culture. He’s not the nice Sunday school local vicar type Christian.

44% of LGBT youngsters in the UK have considered or committed self harm and/or suicide and many of them have cited religious pressure. He’s not a stupid or ignorant man so he’ll know that.

Wrongun.
Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 21:20 - Nov 7 with 1665 viewsLythamR

Gavin Peacock on Radio This Morning on 15:54 - Nov 7 by PunteR

to be fair Gavin Peacock started it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024