Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? 08:04 - Jan 7 with 9984 viewsnumptydumpty

With January window upon us, what people think about these two ....

Thomas can show in small cameos, some qualities and given Chair not here for period, my personal view, give him a go.

Bonne, clearly done well in league one, another one who never given much of an opportunity here also.

I think we personally will make a decision to not have either for rest if season.

Bonne heart where he is right now and it's true he very likely be on the jaffa cake bench here at best.

Thomas also been competing against Willock and Chair so very difficult but if we did get short or long term replacements who we going get ie they will know in all likelihood they won't get massive opportunities here this season.

Willock and Chair in one position and Dykes, Gray and Austin in other.

To me both kind of at the moment are potential Connor Washington types ie look decent at times, and definitely try hard, but will the regular long term results be there.

Obviously though if we are going for promotion, they both probably not quite up to that but who would we have as replacements.

I would be very surprised in this window, we could attract much better potential players than these two.

What do people think ???

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 14:38 - Jan 7 with 3110 views00calben

I think we should look to loan out Thomas if possible.

I'm not sure we can afford to lose another body, and Thomas can play a number of positions but I feel he desperately needs a run of games somewhere and hope for his sake he gets that and is able to remain fit
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 15:00 - Jan 7 with 3074 viewsTonto

Our modle has been to buy potential, get them 50 games either through firt team opportunities or out on loan then decide if they are good enough. Thomas doesn't seem to have been given his 50 games though. So we are judging on a small set of games. Which to me is odd. He should have gone on loan for the first part of the season IMO. Then find out if he can replace William or Chair when they get sold.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 15:17 - Jan 7 with 3048 viewsPinnerPaul

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 09:48 - Jan 7 by cpgerber

The opposite is true also: some teams need the loans coming in to make up the numbers, otherwise they will have to postpone games should covid break out in their squads. It will all be about getting the balance right.

In Italy, I think, if there is covid in the squad, the entire squad goes into quarantine. Doesn't matter if you have 11 or 50 fit players, everyone in quarantine. How does it work in the UK?

Maybe best not go down THAT route!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59898461
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 15:18 - Jan 7 with 3047 viewsPinnerPaul

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 10:10 - Jan 7 by daveB

It's already having an effect with several premier league clubs recalling players from loans and teams less keen to loan players out

I can't see any of the current squad being loaned out again this season which is a shame for them but as Clive said they may be needed here.

Birmingham losing Sanderson (their best player) back to Wolves plus the GK is out for the season (dislocated shoulder) - they're going to struggle I think.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 21:25 - Jan 22 with 2639 viewsLongsufferingR

That performance from Thomas today was outstanding. Just saying.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 21:33 - Jan 22 with 2583 viewsBlackCrowe

Agree, bought stability to us when we were rocking...IWWT (haven't written that acronym for c.10 years).

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 22:00 - Jan 22 with 2476 viewsStanisgod

Came on today and was EXACTLY what we needed, played them ay their own game, chased, harried, closed down and made runs. I like him.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 22:06 - Jan 22 with 2439 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 22:00 - Jan 22 by Stanisgod

Came on today and was EXACTLY what we needed, played them ay their own game, chased, harried, closed down and made runs. I like him.

Me too.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Login to get fewer ads

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 22:16 - Jan 22 with 2394 viewsMick_S

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 22:06 - Jan 22 by CliveWilsonSaid

Me too.

I like him. More to come.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 22:19 - Jan 22 with 2358 viewsgazza1

Lets not go OTT.....since his arrival he has been a bit disappointing, I expected a bit more.

As for today, he played his part in a little fortunate win.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 22:25 - Jan 22 with 2348 viewsLongsufferingR

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 22:19 - Jan 22 by gazza1

Lets not go OTT.....since his arrival he has been a bit disappointing, I expected a bit more.

As for today, he played his part in a little fortunate win.

Yes, our striker is sht, our midfielders are average, so we must be extremely lucky to be 2 points off second. Have a day off.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 22:27 - Jan 22 with 2331 viewsWatford_Ranger

The one thing the kid can definitely do is run and we lack that a bit in the starting XI. He’s not Pirlo but we aren’t really in a position to write players off and if we go up a by a point then his contribution today made a difference.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 22:34 - Jan 22 with 2291 viewsgazza1

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 22:25 - Jan 22 by LongsufferingR

Yes, our striker is sht, our midfielders are average, so we must be extremely lucky to be 2 points off second. Have a day off.

Our strikers are not sht - just pretty average, no luck whatsoever being 2 points off second and I have a day off every day....wtf u going on about??
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 22:41 - Jan 22 with 2267 viewsHastings_Hoops

*if* we go up, I think we should extend Bonne’s contract and continue to loan him to Ipswich. When relegated and without Dykes, bring him back in full of confidence for a fresh promotion push.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 23:11 - Jan 22 with 2197 viewsLoftgirl

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 22:25 - Jan 22 by LongsufferingR

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 23:27 - Jan 22 with 2157 viewsPhil_i_P_Daddy

Warbs clearly doesn’t rate Thomas, as evidenced by his lack of minutes. Personally, I’d give him a run in place of Dykes who continually just makes up the numbers.

Bonne, I’d suggest, doesn’t want to be here. If he can’t even edge out Dykes then I don’t see what use he is to us.

Phil_i_P

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 23:35 - Jan 22 with 2140 viewsQPsyR

Keep :-)

FKA AcidPixie

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 01:51 - Jan 23 with 1986 viewswombat

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 23:35 - Jan 22 by QPsyR

Keep :-)

Keep Thomas more skill full version of scowen for me helped us get over the line big time today as well . Boone get rid soon as decent bid comes in for him

Mark my words George will have his Eric Sabin moment this season

Poll: which is your favouite foot

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 10:39 - Jan 23 with 1710 viewsfrancisbowles

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 23:27 - Jan 22 by Phil_i_P_Daddy

Warbs clearly doesn’t rate Thomas, as evidenced by his lack of minutes. Personally, I’d give him a run in place of Dykes who continually just makes up the numbers.

Bonne, I’d suggest, doesn’t want to be here. If he can’t even edge out Dykes then I don’t see what use he is to us.

So how many headers is GT going to win as a lone striker?

Dykes wasn't great today but he contributes to the team by chasing and contesting and keeping the opposition central defenders 'honest'. He also, is involved in defensive duties at set pieces, you know that stat where we were the worst in the league at defending and are now the best.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 11:41 - Jan 23 with 1606 viewsgazza1

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 23:11 - Jan 22 by Loftgirl

As usual, no real substance to the post - just childish stupidity but, hey, that is what I expect. Well done. , grow up.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 12:10 - Jan 23 with 1569 viewsDavieQPR

I compare Thomas to a wasp at a picnic. Forever buzzing around and making a complete nuisance of himself. Ideal for the job required of him. If he is happy on the bench then keep. Everything seems to have gone quiet over Bonne at Ipswich. Hasn't quite worked out for him here so if we could get most of our money back then sell.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 14:05 - Jan 23 with 1479 viewsPhil_i_P_Daddy

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 10:39 - Jan 23 by francisbowles

So how many headers is GT going to win as a lone striker?

Dykes wasn't great today but he contributes to the team by chasing and contesting and keeping the opposition central defenders 'honest'. He also, is involved in defensive duties at set pieces, you know that stat where we were the worst in the league at defending and are now the best.

I wouldn’t expect to play GT as a lone striker. I’d like to see him given a go as an attacking midfielder behind Gray/Austin. I just don’t think Dykes generally merits a place in the starting XI.

Phil_i_P

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 15:43 - Jan 23 with 1377 viewsfrancisbowles

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 14:05 - Jan 23 by Phil_i_P_Daddy

I wouldn’t expect to play GT as a lone striker. I’d like to see him given a go as an attacking midfielder behind Gray/Austin. I just don’t think Dykes generally merits a place in the starting XI.

Well when we have Chair and Willock both playing we have usually played with a lone striker. Austin not really suited to this role and Dykes is far better in the air than Gray.

I do like Thomas though, though his 25 minutes yesterday were extremely good. Good squad player. May get a chance or two now that Duke Mckenna has gone on loan and Chair away.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 16:53 - Jan 23 with 1303 viewsNorthernr

If George Thomas could carve himself a niche in the role he had yesterday - i.e. go and be an absolute pain in their ars for 15 minutes - he could be a very useful player to keep around in this age of seven subs on the bench. There will be other moments in big games to come like yesterday where we've got a single goal lead, we're under the pump, and there's ages left. That sort of Mackie character buzzing about preventing them just having a clear passage to just pile balls in on us is very good to have in those situations, and none of our three main conventional strikers are mobile enough to do it.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 17:04 - Jan 23 with 1269 viewsfrancisbowles

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 16:53 - Jan 23 by Northernr

If George Thomas could carve himself a niche in the role he had yesterday - i.e. go and be an absolute pain in their ars for 15 minutes - he could be a very useful player to keep around in this age of seven subs on the bench. There will be other moments in big games to come like yesterday where we've got a single goal lead, we're under the pump, and there's ages left. That sort of Mackie character buzzing about preventing them just having a clear passage to just pile balls in on us is very good to have in those situations, and none of our three main conventional strikers are mobile enough to do it.

I think he is also useful at getting the ball and diving forward with it, a bit like Diakite could do when he took a few minutes off from kicking opponents.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024