Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? 08:04 - Jan 7 with 9987 viewsnumptydumpty

With January window upon us, what people think about these two ....

Thomas can show in small cameos, some qualities and given Chair not here for period, my personal view, give him a go.

Bonne, clearly done well in league one, another one who never given much of an opportunity here also.

I think we personally will make a decision to not have either for rest if season.

Bonne heart where he is right now and it's true he very likely be on the jaffa cake bench here at best.

Thomas also been competing against Willock and Chair so very difficult but if we did get short or long term replacements who we going get ie they will know in all likelihood they won't get massive opportunities here this season.

Willock and Chair in one position and Dykes, Gray and Austin in other.

To me both kind of at the moment are potential Connor Washington types ie look decent at times, and definitely try hard, but will the regular long term results be there.

Obviously though if we are going for promotion, they both probably not quite up to that but who would we have as replacements.

I would be very surprised in this window, we could attract much better potential players than these two.

What do people think ???

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 18:26 - Jan 23 with 2165 viewsHAYESBOY

Keep Thomas, sell Bonne.

Simples.

Smells like a trout farm in here

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 18:29 - Jan 23 with 2155 viewsdmm

I'm quite conflicted about Thomas and, although I don't think he's quite up to the standard we need, I like him because he's such a trier. He did do well yesterday but that was against a tired Coventry side that had run itself into the ground by the time he came on. There have been quite a few other times he's not looked so good.

Wouldn't it be better to let him go out on loan for the rest of the season to get decent game time and reassess him? I think Amos c.ould perform the role he played yesterday with as much success and a bit more quality
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 18:57 - Jan 23 with 2061 viewsgazza1

GT is too old to go out on loan, he knows the game by now......a decision will be made soon on his future. He has been disappointing, not done much to excite.

I think he will be released/sold, whatsoever - we need better.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 19:29 - Jan 23 with 2020 viewshantssi

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 18:57 - Jan 23 by gazza1

GT is too old to go out on loan, he knows the game by now......a decision will be made soon on his future. He has been disappointing, not done much to excite.

I think it depends which division we’re in (can’t believe I’m saying that), useful squad player in the Championship.
Not sure when his contract is up.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 19:43 - Jan 23 with 1969 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 19:29 - Jan 23 by hantssi

I think it depends which division we’re in (can’t believe I’m saying that), useful squad player in the Championship.
Not sure when his contract is up.

He's looked more a Yeni/Conor type up to now. Not seen anything to say he's a future Jamie Mackie for me.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 19:58 - Jan 23 with 1919 viewsdmm

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 18:57 - Jan 23 by gazza1

Age has nothing to do with player loans. Bonne, on loan at Ipswich, is 26. Gray, on loan to us, is 30. Thomas is 24.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 20:39 - Jan 23 with 1833 viewsgazza1

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 19:58 - Jan 23 by dmm

Age has nothing to do with player loans. Bonne, on loan at Ipswich, is 26. Gray, on loan to us, is 30. Thomas is 24.

I think it does generally.....Gray is on loan to us because he is not wanted - end of career, Bonne is on loan because he is not wanted here, I doubt if he will ever play for us again......Thomas is rather different, the jury is out I would suggest, he would not be going out on loan to improve himself.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 10:36 - Jan 24 with 1655 viewsfrancisbowles

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 20:39 - Jan 23 by gazza1

I think it does generally.....Gray is on loan to us because he is not wanted - end of career, Bonne is on loan because he is not wanted here, I doubt if he will ever play for us again......Thomas is rather different, the jury is out I would suggest, he would not be going out on loan to improve himself.

If he went out on loan it would be to get regular game time, something he hasn't had for a few years, and show what he can do, what made us take him in the first place.
Login to get fewer ads

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 10:44 - Jan 24 with 1639 viewsrobith

He's only 24.

Loans aren't just for development. We've got a player who's lack minutes and consistency - sending him out for a couple of months to sharpen up isn't the worst idea I've ever heard
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 11:08 - Jan 24 with 1597 viewsLanhoop

Maybe Thomas doesn't get into the starting 11 but I believe he's a good squad player. We need backups, we need players to come off the bench to add some energy when needed and showed he can do that on Saturday. He seems like a good lad and hopefully one day he can prove himself to everyone.

We've had a lot worse than George. Some people are much too quick to write players off.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 11:08]
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 13:48 - Jan 24 with 1514 viewsLongsufferingR

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 11:08 - Jan 24 by Lanhoop

Maybe Thomas doesn't get into the starting 11 but I believe he's a good squad player. We need backups, we need players to come off the bench to add some energy when needed and showed he can do that on Saturday. He seems like a good lad and hopefully one day he can prove himself to everyone.

We've had a lot worse than George. Some people are much too quick to write players off.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 11:08]

"Some people are much too quick to write players off."

Hmm. Can't think who you mean? Probably the same people who were booing Paul Furlong after a slow start to his QPR career.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 14:29 - Jan 24 with 1418 viewsbosh67

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 13:48 - Jan 24 by LongsufferingR

"Some people are much too quick to write players off."

Hmm. Can't think who you mean? Probably the same people who were booing Paul Furlong after a slow start to his QPR career.

Very good point. I always liked Bonne and have felt he's had a rough deal here. However, I can see him moving on a perm to Ipswich because he is to them what Albert is to us. Thomas is a curious one. Like Dozzell he needs minutes on the pitch. He strikes me as a Holloway type player in the making but needs to put on weight and put himself about a bit more.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 14:56 - Jan 24 with 1367 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We'd be four points and two places worse off without Bonne's three goals this season. Let's not Connor Washington him out of history.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 15:04 - Jan 24 with 1353 viewsNorthantsHoop

The trouble for George Thomas is the lack of clarity on which role he plays in the midfield, we know he is no wing back, but he does seem suited to offering an attacking midfield role late in games, buzzing around tired defenders, as seen on Saturday. Think his early injury problem at QPR stunted his chances of establishing himself, although I think Warbs always saw him as a squad player. I would not loan him out for rest of the season we need to keep a strong squad for the run in and I have an optimistic feeling he might start to get a goal or two soon.
Unlikely we will see Bonne back in a Rangers shirt his future is elsewhere.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 15:05]
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 15:43 - Jan 24 with 1279 viewsfrancisbowles

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 14:56 - Jan 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

We'd be four points and two places worse off without Bonne's three goals this season. Let's not Connor Washington him out of history.

Have you got your seasons mixed up Baz?
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 16:49 - Jan 24 with 1213 viewsterryb

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 14:56 - Jan 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Please could you remind me who these were against Baz?
[Post edited 24 Jan 2022 16:56]
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 16:56 - Jan 24 with 1188 viewskensalriser

QPR have mangled Baz's brain. Could happen to any of us.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 17:00 - Jan 24 with 1163 viewslarsricchi

Or Baz is the only one who truly understands the multiverse. (Besides my kid, but I think he's pretending.)

I do hope Thomas finds his role during this window of opportunity.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 17:04 - Jan 24 with 1133 viewsW7Ranger

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 17:46 - Jan 24 with 1042 viewsHayesender

I think you've done what I did a few weeks ago and got this season mixed up with last season.

Easily done with all this covid nonsense. I don't even know what year it is

Poll: Shamima Beghum

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 18:27 - Jan 24 with 984 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Just testing you all. Well done all that noticed.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 19:01 - Jan 24 with 930 viewsSK_hoops

Thomas is one of those players who would become good if he had a run in the team I think. Also one of those where he just needs a goal or two to give him some confidence.

Bonne, I would have recalled him in a flash two months ago, but gone q bit quiet compared to his explosive start for the tractor boy.
George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 20:00 - Jan 24 with 878 viewshantssi

George Thomas and Macauley Bonne - keep or move on ?? on 18:27 - Jan 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

Just testing you all. Well done all that noticed.

Yes Sir, Capt. Mannering Sir!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024