Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can someone explain this ref? 18:06 - Apr 2 with 12279 viewsAntti_Heinola

2 mins in Mitro doesnt get a corner. Judging by his reaction, he should have, but there followed a prolonged, loud verbal abuse of the ref, far beyond the importance of the decision. No booking.
Wallace blocked off, no fk, conplains, is not only booked, but ref gives a fk to Fulham? Never seen that. What on earth could Mitro have said that *wasnt* worth a yellow?

Bare bones.

Can someone explain this ref? on 18:27 - Apr 2 with 5236 viewsSK_hoops

Wallace the only player to be booked for dissent...
Can someone explain this ref? on 18:33 - Apr 2 with 5200 viewsStanisgod

Typical Gavin Ward performance. Mostly really good first half, let loads go, took no notice of fools acting, not bad.
Second half total dogs, lost it more as the game went on, let them give the penalty, guessed decisions, crap.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Can someone explain this ref? on 18:35 - Apr 2 with 5197 viewsWatfordR

Their number six basically reffed the game. In the ref's ear all the time, and they must actually practice all running at the ref from all over the pitch waving their arms around wildly to get a decision.

Around the nineteenth minute, they get a free kick, take it from about 15 yards in front of where it should have been. Ref calls it back, so they then take it from about 10 yards in front of where it should have been. Ref actually shrugs his shoulders and lets them carry on. The moment I knew they were in charge of the reffing of the game.

Dykes elbowed in aerial challenge, nothing. Field headbutted on the ground in a tussle about five yards in front of the lino, nothing. Ridiculous penalty award. Wallace's booking, just nonsense.

Really fed up watching the pitiful standard of officiating. I don't care how much justification will be trotted out to make it seem "according to the letter of the law". If this is officiating according to the laws of the game, then the LOTG are absolute rubbish. The officiating is as much a blight on the game at Championship level as timewasting, it's ruining the thing as a spectator sport if you're going to tell people who have watched the game for decades that "they don't understand". What's a handball, what's an offside, no one knows and I think that's all to protect substandard officiating.
Can someone explain this ref? on 18:35 - Apr 2 with 5194 viewsdistortR

said in the match thread, that boiled my piss
Can someone explain this ref? on 18:38 - Apr 2 with 5165 viewsloneranger1

The contrast and the hypocrisy of those two decisions left me speechless. Mitrovic should have been booked after 2 mins for that, virtually spitting in the ref's face when contesting that decision
Can someone explain this ref? on 19:04 - Apr 2 with 5026 viewsozranger

Can someone explain this ref? on 18:38 - Apr 2 by loneranger1

The contrast and the hypocrisy of those two decisions left me speechless. Mitrovic should have been booked after 2 mins for that, virtually spitting in the ref's face when contesting that decision

Mitrovic gets away with too much because all refs are too small and don't want to face up to him.

I think the question really is what can be done to improve the standard performance of officiating at Championship games. Yes, we can continue to complain, mostly rightly irrelevant of what Clive said in his preview, but it will do nothing unless the overall ability of officials to properly referee the game is fixed up. Until that happens we might as well be throwing darts at a barn door and hoping for the odd decision to go our way. All refs in this division have been very poor, to say the least. This needs to change and really it is up to the club chairmen to force the EFL and the PMGOL or whatever they are called, to get things up to a standard of the game that is required.
Can someone explain this ref? on 19:08 - Apr 2 with 5004 viewsT_Block

Unfortunately all your arguments just look like sour grapes.
There is no point getting at the officials APART from our captain should be having a go at the ref at the same time as they do it,
That's it until the authorities sort its out you have to play the game.
Can someone explain this ref? on 19:11 - Apr 2 with 4991 viewsPaddyhoops

He was awful. Pretty much like every referee at this level.
Fans ask for consistency. We never got that from another t**t who wanted to be the centre of attention. Would like to see penalty decision again as it seemed very soft from where we were sat. As for the Fulham players celebrating in front of the loft end. The baiting of the fans was pretty intense. Somebody will take exception to this and will end up with a player getting seriously hurt.
Login to get fewer ads

Can someone explain this ref? on 19:17 - Apr 2 with 4961 viewsnix

He was awful, absolutely atrocious but Lee shouldn't have grabbed his arm. You're always risking a booking if you touch the ref. Shocking decision though as it was clear he was blocked off.

Shows how infuriated our coaches were that even the mildest of guys, John Eustace, lost his rag.
Can someone explain this ref? on 19:21 - Apr 2 with 4911 viewsstainrods_elbow

Can someone explain this ref? on 18:35 - Apr 2 by WatfordR

Their number six basically reffed the game. In the ref's ear all the time, and they must actually practice all running at the ref from all over the pitch waving their arms around wildly to get a decision.

Around the nineteenth minute, they get a free kick, take it from about 15 yards in front of where it should have been. Ref calls it back, so they then take it from about 10 yards in front of where it should have been. Ref actually shrugs his shoulders and lets them carry on. The moment I knew they were in charge of the reffing of the game.

Dykes elbowed in aerial challenge, nothing. Field headbutted on the ground in a tussle about five yards in front of the lino, nothing. Ridiculous penalty award. Wallace's booking, just nonsense.

Really fed up watching the pitiful standard of officiating. I don't care how much justification will be trotted out to make it seem "according to the letter of the law". If this is officiating according to the laws of the game, then the LOTG are absolute rubbish. The officiating is as much a blight on the game at Championship level as timewasting, it's ruining the thing as a spectator sport if you're going to tell people who have watched the game for decades that "they don't understand". What's a handball, what's an offside, no one knows and I think that's all to protect substandard officiating.

This! It's getting to the point I don't want to watch Champ football anymore.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Can someone explain this ref? on 21:24 - Apr 2 with 4641 viewsterryb

Reid was certainly a little gobshite. How he, Mitrovitch & the number 10 escaped cautions is beyond me.

I didn't see Wallace grab the ref's arm, but that would definitely explain the award of a free kick & the caution.
Can someone explain this ref? on 21:50 - Apr 2 with 4568 viewsterryb

I've just seen the Sky highlights.

The penalty was an even worse decision than I had thought possible. It borders on being criminal!
Can someone explain this ref? on 21:57 - Apr 2 with 4534 viewsloftboy

Can someone explain this ref? on 21:50 - Apr 2 by terryb

The penalty was an even worse decision than I had thought possible. It borders on being criminal!

Similar to the one he awarded to us back in 2010 away at Pompey.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Can someone explain this ref? on 22:11 - Apr 2 with 4474 viewsWokingR

He’s a little prick.
Not much more to say about him
Can someone explain this ref? on 22:14 - Apr 2 with 4463 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I thought we had a good run of officials in the middle of the season but overall I think they've been really poor. Absolutely killed off a decent game today.

I do feel that the players have a lot to answer for. Harry Wilson? Nobody seems to question them and in fact they seem to celebrate them.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Can someone explain this ref? on 22:16 - Apr 2 with 4440 viewsdaveB

We said the same as Antti, Mitroivc scared the shit out of the ref, that Wallace booking was a joke
Can someone explain this ref? on 22:33 - Apr 2 with 4385 viewsderbyhoop

Years ago the refs used to wear black. He might as well have done that today, giving them every decision. Fulham harangues him all game, but Wallace gets booked for dissent.
Then the penalty and the farce in the technical area.

They were better than us but it helps when you play with 12.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Can someone explain this ref? on 22:59 - Apr 2 with 4312 viewsVancouverHoop

Players screaming at the ref should be booked. Period. The only player who should be allowed to engage with on-field officials verbally is the team captain. That, more or less, is how other team sports operate. For some reason* football doesn't do this. Intimidating the referee seems to be part and parcel of the modern game. It's no wonder competent officials jack it in. Who needs the hassle.

* I genuinely believe it's TV driven. Producers believe it adds "drama." As the majority of new fans don't attend actual matches due to the cost, they probably expect this type of "action."
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 23:00]
Can someone explain this ref? on 23:19 - Apr 2 with 4266 viewsAntti_Heinola

Can someone explain this ref? on 21:50 - Apr 2 by terryb

me too Terry, that is an absolute horrorshow of a decision. it hits his upper arm - he moves his arm after, which possibly fools the ref but it's a criminal decision. Linesman, in line, does not flag. If we'd have got that I'd have been laughing.

Bare bones.

Can someone explain this ref? on 23:37 - Apr 2 with 4199 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Sucking them off as they're Premier League. Munchkin linesman was back; he was at another recent officiating shitshow but I can't remember which one.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 23:38]
Can someone explain this ref? on 23:42 - Apr 2 with 4188 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Can someone explain this ref? on 23:19 - Apr 2 by Antti_Heinola

me too Terry, that is an absolute horrorshow of a decision. it hits his upper arm - he moves his arm after, which possibly fools the ref but it's a criminal decision. Linesman, in line, does not flag. If we'd have got that I'd have been laughing.

It's an awful decision that ruined a good game.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2022 23:43]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Can someone explain this ref? on 01:03 - Apr 3 with 4082 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I have to ask the same question again and again.Are we just cursed with bad decisions going against us or is there a more sinister reason .Are we fighting against officials trying to stop us progressing because we are not universally loved.
How else can anybody explain all the critical decisions going against us its so infuriating. I know we got 2 suspect ones in our favor this season but its a pretty tilted scale against us
Can someone explain this ref? on 08:03 - Apr 3 with 3933 viewspaulparker

We were Sh1t and so was the ref
Not much to add to a very bleak day yesterday

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Can someone explain this ref? on 09:07 - Apr 3 with 3832 viewsdistortR

Can someone explain this ref? on 18:35 - Apr 2 by WatfordR

Did Fulham have a plan on how to play this ref?
Have they done their research, and know that if you get in his ear early and vociferously, then you will get the lion's share of the decisions?
Mitrovic should have been booked for the corner incident, ref's should clampdown on this shit, it will actually make life easier for them.
Ward is weak, weak, weak.
Can someone explain this ref? on 09:16 - Apr 3 with 3809 viewsbermudabob

I sit SA road B block. Whilst the penalty was ridiculous and infuriating the incident which riled me the most was end of the first half we had a throw in Bryan was time wasting letting the ball roll between his feet pretending to kick it back then let it roll again, he was laughing, nothing new to see here of course, BUT the lino was looking him in the eye laughing with him. Small example of an officiating culture towards game management which is not right. Also shows an incredible lack of awareness or understanding of what infuriates fans. Poor, really poor.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024