Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR 12:18 - Apr 8 with 3712 viewsSnipper

Do we need VAR in the Championship?

I’ve been against having it in the Championship, but the bad decisions we keep having against us is turning me in favour.

The incompetence of the officiating in this league is scandalous.
VAR on 12:20 - Apr 8 with 2618 viewsNorthernr

No. It's just a different kind of incompetence and bad decisions.
The penalty Jota got at Palace this season off the monitor every bit as bad as the decisions we've had against us, and it took them four minutes to reach it.
VAR on 12:26 - Apr 8 with 2587 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Not for me. I’m not convinced we’d benefit from it and it would be the same people making the decisions…

Poll: Expectations for this season?

VAR on 12:27 - Apr 8 with 2584 viewsDannyPaddox

Would be useful in the blue and white bar to decide who’s next to be served. Maybe that’s what the £40 is for.
VAR on 12:28 - Apr 8 with 2580 viewsDevon_4_England

No, don’t let it near the Championship. Hearing about the delayed celebrations in the Prem sounds horrendous. Would rather the refs improved rather than going to John in the studio. Doesn’t compare to Rugby Union, give our younger fans their Pizanti moment not 2 minutes later on the big screen.
VAR on 13:12 - Apr 8 with 2498 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Some of the clowns we've had this year would still make the wrong call.
VAR on 13:48 - Apr 8 with 2425 viewsR_from_afar

I am in favour of it. I know it doesn't stop all the mistakes and I know it means delays and that it sucks some of the joy out of the game but I am sick to death of seeing "the big teams" and clubs with celebrity managers or high profile players get the best of the decisions.

What always make me think it's the right thing - although other opinions are available - is the Brighton v Liverpool prem game last season:

Without VAR: 0-3
With VAR: 1-1 Two of the decisions overturned by VAR were tight but still correct.

Right, off to the foxhole I go. Tin hat? Check. Claymores? Check. Field radio? Check. I might need some serious air cover

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

VAR on 13:56 - Apr 8 with 2419 viewsAntti_Heinola

No thanks.
We've had some awful ones against us this year (and some good ones go for us), but I really can't stand the idea of every goal being checked to see if there's a way of disallowing it. People need to accept that football is imperfect, it can't be measured in the way cricket can. You still get poor decisions made, and it takes too long. Way, way too long. Best thing they could do with it even now is give the VAR person one minute - if they haven't decided by then, the decision stands.

Imagine Charlie's goal v WBA. Last minute, going mad, and then it's disallowed.

Bare bones.

VAR on 13:57 - Apr 8 with 2418 viewsNorthernr

VAR on 13:56 - Apr 8 by Antti_Heinola

No thanks.
We've had some awful ones against us this year (and some good ones go for us), but I really can't stand the idea of every goal being checked to see if there's a way of disallowing it. People need to accept that football is imperfect, it can't be measured in the way cricket can. You still get poor decisions made, and it takes too long. Way, way too long. Best thing they could do with it even now is give the VAR person one minute - if they haven't decided by then, the decision stands.

Which it would have been.
Login to get fewer ads

VAR on 14:00 - Apr 8 with 2410 viewsPinnerPaul

Auto offside - its coming to a pitch near you soon!

NOT joking either!
VAR on 14:04 - Apr 8 with 2408 viewsdaveB

No Thank you, leave it as it is
VAR on 14:05 - Apr 8 with 2404 viewsToast_R

VAR on 13:57 - Apr 8 by Northernr

Which it would have been.

At least we'd have made the League Cup quarter finals.

Overall though, I'd rather see investment in better referees. To coin a phrase from Lock Stock "I don't want to know who you use, as long as they're not complete muppets".
[Post edited 8 Apr 2022 14:06]
VAR on 14:16 - Apr 8 with 2365 viewsPinnerPaul

That's the problem, we always remember the injustices a lot longer than the lucky breaks!
VAR on 15:31 - Apr 8 with 2296 viewsstowmarketrange

VAR on 12:27 - Apr 8 by DannyPaddox

Would be useful in the blue and white bar to decide who’s next to be served. Maybe that’s what the £40 is for.

I went to the crown and sceptre last Saturday and I think var would be better used in there rather than the b&w bar.I take my hat off to the regulars in there.I thought I was watching a rugby scrum at the bar from about 1.30 onwards.
VAR on 15:35 - Apr 8 with 2294 viewsRs_Holy

No
VAR on 15:39 - Apr 8 with 2286 viewsNorthernr

VAR on 15:31 - Apr 8 by stowmarketrange

I went to the crown and sceptre last Saturday and I think var would be better used in there rather than the b&w bar.I take my hat off to the regulars in there.I thought I was watching a rugby scrum at the bar from about 1.30 onwards.

Busy as it's been all season last weekend.
VAR on 15:47 - Apr 8 with 2260 viewsstowmarketrange

VAR on 15:39 - Apr 8 by Northernr

Busy as it's been all season last weekend.

I haven’t been in there for a couple of years,and I know why now.Then you have to scale Everest to get to the toilets.Was that you on the next table drinking peroni?
VAR on 15:47 - Apr 8 with 2260 viewsHarbour

VAR on 13:56 - Apr 8 by Antti_Heinola

No thanks.

Agree with this I do not want VaR for this reason. Counter argument Austin goal v Sunderland would have stood As would disallowed goal v Hull so swings and roundabouts but think we need to improve the refs performance rather than introduce the horrors of VAR.
VAR on 15:54 - Apr 8 with 2244 viewsstowmarketrange

VAR on 15:47 - Apr 8 by Harbour

Agree with this I do not want VaR for this reason. Counter argument Austin goal v Sunderland would have stood As would disallowed goal v Hull so swings and roundabouts but think we need to improve the refs performance rather than introduce the horrors of VAR.

The ref only gets to look at an incident once from their angle of view,but you’d hope that the linesmen might get a different view.But the linos seem frightened to go against the refs at times.So I don’t think you can improve the ref’s performances,only make sure they’re more consistent in their decisions.
VAR on 15:58 - Apr 8 with 2237 viewsNorthernr

VAR on 15:47 - Apr 8 by stowmarketrange

I haven’t been in there for a couple of years,and I know why now.Then you have to scale Everest to get to the toilets.Was that you on the next table drinking peroni?

Drinking Peroni fairly safe bet yeh.
VAR on 16:00 - Apr 8 with 2228 viewsstowmarketrange

VAR on 15:58 - Apr 8 by Northernr

Drinking Peroni fairly safe bet yeh.

The table by the door with the two games on screens?
VAR on 16:01 - Apr 8 with 2227 viewsNorthernr

VAR on 16:00 - Apr 8 by stowmarketrange

The table by the door with the two games on screens?

Yeh that's us.
VAR on 16:08 - Apr 8 with 2193 viewsstowmarketrange

VAR on 16:01 - Apr 8 by Northernr

Yeh that's us.

You must’ve had a crate of beer under the table to keep you going until someone managed to get served at the bar.
VAR on 16:09 - Apr 8 with 2192 viewsNorthernr

VAR on 16:08 - Apr 8 by stowmarketrange

You must’ve had a crate of beer under the table to keep you going until someone managed to get served at the bar.

Double rounds are the key.
VAR on 16:19 - Apr 8 with 2176 viewsRangersw12

No, the whole point of going to football is the celebration when a goal goes in

VAR just takes that enjoyment away

On a side note as VAR seems its here to stay in the Prem I think people need to hearing the VAR refs like you do in cricket. It would at least give fans in the ground a reason why a goal has been disallowed also take away the conspiracy theory
VAR on 16:23 - Apr 8 with 2167 viewsAntti_Heinola

VAR on 14:16 - Apr 8 by PinnerPaul

That's the problem, we always remember the injustices a lot longer than the lucky breaks!

Well, we're all referencing our lucky one v WBA, so not exactly true.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024