Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Manager: odds 13:14 - May 3 with 178041 viewsTonto

Manning favourite. Eustace second favourite. Our old friend Timmy turns up again.

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/queens-park-rangers

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

New Manager: odds on 17:53 - May 26 with 4117 viewsdaveB

New Manager: odds on 16:19 - May 26 by Sonofpugwash

Seem to remember similar glowing things were said of Stewart Houston.
A real number two he turned out to be.

Not sure that was said of Houston back in the day, he was painted more as a George Graham type
New Manager: odds on 18:29 - May 26 with 3887 viewsPunteR

Beale sounds good to me.
I know f**k all though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New Manager: odds on 18:36 - May 26 with 3843 viewsNorthernr

New Manager: odds on 17:51 - May 26 by daveB

I think the first team move in for pre season, the pitches were being laid a few months back

Correct as far as I understand.
New Manager: odds on 18:59 - May 26 with 3699 viewsterryb

I'm not saying that this is relevant, but back in 1972 we appointed a manager that I don't think had any managerial experience but had a good coaching CV. He, Gordon Jago, did quite well!

For no reason, I'm quite excited about this.
New Manager: odds on 19:14 - May 26 with 3611 viewsPhil_i_P_Daddy

New Manager: odds on 12:06 - May 26 by aston_hoop

Listening to a Q&A with him and dare I say it, he comes across like a young MW!

edit for anyone interested in his journey

[Post edited 26 May 2022 12:12]

WOW! This guy is going places.

Phil_i_P

New Manager: odds on 19:19 - May 26 with 3570 viewshantssi

New Manager: odds on 11:50 - May 26 by Northernr

Cos I'm going on my first holiday in nearly four years a week on Tuesday and I'll be fcked if I'm I'm interviewing MK Dons fans about Liam Manning from next to a swimming pool.

If you want Clive I don’t mind taking your holiday for you so you can stay home and do all you have to do! 😜
New Manager: odds on 21:03 - May 26 with 3235 viewsjoolsyp

New Manager: odds on 19:14 - May 26 by Phil_i_P_Daddy

Incredibly articulate and passionate about coaching and developing young players. Also very ambitious - I wonder if he did come whether it would be as a stepping stone for a bigger role abroad?
New Manager: odds on 21:39 - May 26 with 3047 viewsGalileo

New Manager: odds on 21:03 - May 26 by joolsyp

Incredibly articulate and passionate about coaching and developing young players. Also very ambitious - I wonder if he did come whether it would be as a stepping stone for a bigger role abroad?

Impressive young man. Clearly knows his stuff after doing an immense amount of reasearch.
Breath of fresh air compared to many of the runners and riders.
Login to get fewer ads

New Manager: odds on 22:00 - May 26 with 2954 viewskernowhoop

Talks well about coaching, of particularly the younger players. Obviously loves coaching and is probably very knowledgeable about methods. But, managing a QPR first team - some of whom are almost as old as he is and many of whom have more playing experience than he has - is a different challenge. Does he have sufficient experience of coping with the day-to-day pressure of a club like QPR? He does not appear to and I am not sure that his 'first big job' ought to be at QPR.
New Manager: odds on 22:22 - May 26 with 2841 viewsdaveB

New Manager: odds on 22:00 - May 26 by kernowhoop

Talks well about coaching, of particularly the younger players. Obviously loves coaching and is probably very knowledgeable about methods. But, managing a QPR first team - some of whom are almost as old as he is and many of whom have more playing experience than he has - is a different challenge. Does he have sufficient experience of coping with the day-to-day pressure of a club like QPR? He does not appear to and I am not sure that his 'first big job' ought to be at QPR.

He's 41 so not many players near him age wise. I can't pretend I know much about him but I'm sure someone will take the gamble on him as Swansea did with Cooper and Rogers. May well work out might not much the same as the other candidates.

It does feel with Beale, Manning and Robinson looking the most likely that it's building on last season rather than starting again which I'm happy with
New Manager: odds on 22:26 - May 26 with 2830 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New Manager: odds on 22:22 - May 26 by daveB

He's 41 so not many players near him age wise. I can't pretend I know much about him but I'm sure someone will take the gamble on him as Swansea did with Cooper and Rogers. May well work out might not much the same as the other candidates.

It does feel with Beale, Manning and Robinson looking the most likely that it's building on last season rather than starting again which I'm happy with

Me too.

I don’t know nothing about him, but I like the idea of a young technical manager with no baggage who can grow as we do.

Our job in that scenario is to have patience, because it won’t be a Warnock style resurrection that’s for sure.
New Manager: odds on 23:05 - May 26 with 2708 viewsdavman

Ooooo - the odds have been removed from that site...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

New Manager: odds on 23:10 - May 26 with 2674 viewsMrSheen

So he’s the Beale and Endale then?
New Manager: odds on 23:15 - May 26 with 2655 viewsDannyPaddox

New Manager: odds on 23:05 - May 26 by davman

Hmm, said the shopkeeper.
New Manager: odds on 00:16 - May 27 with 2457 viewsTomS

New Manager: odds on 23:05 - May 26 by davman

I'm a Bealeiver!
New Manager: odds on 02:20 - May 27 with 2323 viewsderbyhoop

New Manager: odds on 19:14 - May 26 by Phil_i_P_Daddy

V impressive.

Lots of variety and upward development in his career.

He's going to end up as a 1st team coach somewhere. Not the worst option for QPR

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

New Manager: odds on 02:42 - May 27 with 2298 viewsLblock

New Manager: odds on 12:06 - May 26 by aston_hoop

Listening to a Q&A with him and dare I say it, he comes across like a young MW!

edit for anyone interested in his journey

[Post edited 26 May 2022 12:12]

Why does this scream Chris Ramsey at me?

Undoubtedly sounds like he is brilliant at youth level coaching and development, but lacks a solid basis of adult professional first team experience in England. It’s a different ball game being front and centre gladiator number one in the lions den of football grounds with big crowds, going nose to nose with a senior player and giving them what for is a different kettle of monkeys than having a word with an Under 18 Scholar.
I’d also seriously doubt he’s been involved in negotiating players transfers or contracts. Clearly Belk etc are the drivers here but if he’s building a squad he needs input no?

I can see why he’d tick lots of boxes for the club:-
Youngish and hungryish (ergo cheap)
Will do as he’s told especially on development
In tandem with the above he’d readily accept sales of players and a churn of finding the next young replacement
Local lad (?)
May be fairly well connected at Academy level
Holds himself well in front of a camera!!!

I’m a dinosaur. I want a winner and a bit of nasty barsteward at the helm. One who will give a senior pro striker both barrels about his work rate and not accept the DoF doing that.
Always liked Darren Moore myself….. plus I’ve got a score on him at 25/1

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

New Manager: odds on 05:04 - May 27 with 2242 viewsDixie_CT

New Manager: odds on 02:42 - May 27 by Lblock

Undoubtedly sounds like he is brilliant at youth level coaching and development, but lacks a solid basis of adult professional first team experience in England. It’s a different ball game being front and centre gladiator number one in the lions den of football grounds with big crowds, going nose to nose with a senior player and giving them what for is a different kettle of monkeys than having a word with an Under 18 Scholar.
I’d also seriously doubt he’s been involved in negotiating players transfers or contracts. Clearly Belk etc are the drivers here but if he’s building a squad he needs input no?

In tandem with the above he’d readily accept sales of players and a churn of finding the next young replacement
Local lad (?)

I’m a dinosaur. I want a winner and a bit of nasty barsteward at the helm. One who will give a senior pro striker both barrels about his work rate and not accept the DoF doing that.

Ramsey couldn’t manage the spotlight and behind the veneer, is a bit of an arse hole. He also made the mistake of treating first team pros like academy players by making them do ball mastery (wan ky title that someone made up to make it sound impressive!) in training which is pretty alien at that level and something adults didn’t really appreciate. Plus, if you can’t manipulate a ball as a first team pro then you might never be able to do it.

Beale looks like an interesting choice and has been in a few dressing rooms and big arenas now so would come with a heap of experience of managing egos and club/fan expectations. I used to get his emails over 10 years ago when he was promoting his coaching stuff and I thought he was an old man! Then he popped up at Chelsea or Liverpool.

I wonder who he would bring in as part of his coaching team? Someone like Pearce would be scream dream team as Pearce is a brilliant coach when working with 3/4 players because he is a details man and also comes across well when doing punditry.

If it is Beale, let us hope he isn’t Paul Clement Mk II and can keep his di ck in his pants!
New Manager: odds on 05:13 - May 27 with 2230 viewsLblock

New Manager: odds on 05:04 - May 27 by Dixie_CT

Ramsey couldn’t manage the spotlight and behind the veneer, is a bit of an arse hole. He also made the mistake of treating first team pros like academy players by making them do ball mastery (wan ky title that someone made up to make it sound impressive!) in training which is pretty alien at that level and something adults didn’t really appreciate. Plus, if you can’t manipulate a ball as a first team pro then you might never be able to do it.

Beale looks like an interesting choice and has been in a few dressing rooms and big arenas now so would come with a heap of experience of managing egos and club/fan expectations. I used to get his emails over 10 years ago when he was promoting his coaching stuff and I thought he was an old man! Then he popped up at Chelsea or Liverpool.

I wonder who he would bring in as part of his coaching team? Someone like Pearce would be scream dream team as Pearce is a brilliant coach when working with 3/4 players because he is a details man and also comes across well when doing punditry.

If it is Beale, let us hope he isn’t Paul Clement Mk II and can keep his di ck in his pants!

Your first paragraph is what fills me with dread.

The final paragraphs whet my appetite……. I just don’t think the club can or should be taking a leap into the dark

We’ll see

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

New Manager: odds on 05:32 - May 27 with 2221 viewsCanadaRanger

This Manager selection thing is clearly a "Dig Beale"... :)
New Manager: odds on 07:01 - May 27 with 2028 viewsNorthernr

New Manager: odds on 05:13 - May 27 by Lblock

The final paragraphs whet my appetite……. I just don’t think the club can or should be taking a leap into the dark

We’ll see

Throw in my theory that this is a very tricky job next season...

1 - We know the team has problems, with lack of pace, lack of decent forwards, absolutely no decent full or wing backs left in the squad. You've got to sort that, while also cutting the budget, and while also with a chunk of your available salary being sucked up by Johansen who it now seems is on the wane.

2 - There's zero confidence and momentum from this season. We saw, last summer, and at the start of the season, how that can carry through into a new campaign. None of that this time, the team is bereft.

3 - If we get any halfway decent offer for our best players at least one of them is going to have to go. Would you fancy your chances managing this team sans-Willock?

4 - There's a pressure, actually a financial necessity, to pick more 'kids', but there's little sign (m)any of them are Championship standard.

5 - I think there's an expectation among the supporters that we'll be 'going again' for another tilt at the top six. I see little chance of this for financial reasons. I think the club would snap your hand off now for a comfortable midtable finish with no dramas. That's going to be a difficult sell to supporters, particularly with season ticket prices going up, and plenty of doubt that sacking Warburton is the right thing. What the manager and board think is the manager doing well, may not be what the supporters think is doing well, so you could be on thin ice with the crowd right away.

... very tough gig for a rookie.
New Manager: odds on 07:39 - May 27 with 1899 viewsDixie_CT

New Manager: odds on 07:01 - May 27 by Northernr

Throw in my theory that this is a very tricky job next season...

1 - We know the team has problems, with lack of pace, lack of decent forwards, absolutely no decent full or wing backs left in the squad. You've got to sort that, while also cutting the budget, and while also with a chunk of your available salary being sucked up by Johansen who it now seems is on the wane.

2 - There's zero confidence and momentum from this season. We saw, last summer, and at the start of the season, how that can carry through into a new campaign. None of that this time, the team is bereft.

3 - If we get any halfway decent offer for our best players at least one of them is going to have to go. Would you fancy your chances managing this team sans-Willock?

4 - There's a pressure, actually a financial necessity, to pick more 'kids', but there's little sign (m)any of them are Championship standard.

5 - I think there's an expectation among the supporters that we'll be 'going again' for another tilt at the top six. I see little chance of this for financial reasons. I think the club would snap your hand off now for a comfortable midtable finish with no dramas. That's going to be a difficult sell to supporters, particularly with season ticket prices going up, and plenty of doubt that sacking Warburton is the right thing. What the manager and board think is the manager doing well, may not be what the supporters think is doing well, so you could be on thin ice with the crowd right away.

... very tough gig for a rookie.

16th place which includes a double over Millwall and Watford? Give it to me now!!

I wouldn’t be surprised if we have some new shareholders come the end of next season. I don’t think all the owners will go buy some really won’t fancy the mediocrity of mid table and the unglamorous chore, of you know, running an financially efficient business by cutting your cloth accordingly.

Hopefully Stef isn’t on the wane and that the injury rumours relating to poor performance were true. I hope he comes out Viking like and rips into a challenge opening day at Loftus Road stadium and inspires some fight in this fairly weak team. Get the real Dutch Bouncer, not that faux Fer, De Wijs back in as well. Chargeeeeeeeeee
New Manager: odds on 07:43 - May 27 with 1870 viewsozexile

New Manager: odds on 02:42 - May 27 by Lblock

Local lad (?)

Thanks L Block said everything I wanted to but couldn't verbalise it.
New Manager: odds on 07:56 - May 27 with 1807 viewsPunteR

New Manager: odds on 07:43 - May 27 by ozexile

Thanks L Block said everything I wanted to but couldn't verbalise it.

Lblocks The Verbaliser..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New Manager: odds on 08:10 - May 27 with 1748 viewsdaveB

New Manager: odds on 05:13 - May 27 by Lblock

We’ll see

Any appointment is a leap into the dark really. The other contenders all have similar questions marks as Beale in how they manage at a higher level.

There are plenty of examples of excellent coaches not cutting it as a manager, you've highlighted Ramsey which I think is very relevant to us but would say Ramsey didn't have a squad that was ever going to suit what he wanted to do, the current squad is probably more geared towards this kind of coach/manager.

Whoever gets this job it's not going to be easy and the backroom team will be really important to help him through difficult times.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024