Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Manager: odds 13:14 - May 3 with 176044 viewsTonto

Manning favourite. Eustace second favourite. Our old friend Timmy turns up again.

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/queens-park-rangers

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

New Manager: odds on 09:50 - May 30 with 3785 viewsbosh67

New Manager: odds on 20:38 - May 29 by PlanetHonneywood

Bosh out, sh1te game management; tactically clueless and smells like his pished his pants!

“sh1te game management; tactically clueless and smells like his pished his pants!” This is usually my girlfriend’s report card for me after sex!
[Post edited 30 May 2022 9:52]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New Manager: odds on 10:15 - May 30 with 3581 viewsPlanetHonneywood

New Manager: odds on 09:50 - May 30 by bosh67

“sh1te game management; tactically clueless and smells like his pished his pants!” This is usually my girlfriend’s report card for me after sex!
[Post edited 30 May 2022 9:52]

Where do you think I got it from?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

New Manager: odds on 11:24 - May 30 with 3257 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Manager: odds on 09:38 - May 30 by francisbowles

Sounds like the perfect recipe for stopping greedy players and agents draining the game of money it can't afford. It might make for a more level playing field as clubs could afford more and better players, it might lead to more spending on facilities and It might even filter down to a reduction in ticket prices.

Or clubs could just refuse to pay 'greedy' players/agents. Blaming agents and players for clubs paying more money than they can afford is absurd.
Very glad some players can manage their own careers without agents, but do w really think the majority of footballers, particularly at a young age, are equpped to do that? The narrative here is that clubs are by nature honest, decent and fair in negotiations, while agents are parasitical leeches. Ask yourself who has shaped that narrative and why.

Bare bones.

New Manager: odds on 11:28 - May 30 with 3223 viewsPinnerPaul

From my experience of agents in my former professional life - they are usually under qualified and totally unsuited to the role.
New Manager: odds on 11:42 - May 30 with 3164 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Manager: odds on 11:28 - May 30 by PinnerPaul

From my experience of agents in my former professional life - they are usually under qualified and totally unsuited to the role.

Now this may be correct, but that's a different issue.
Also loads of decent, reputable agents about. Isn't Martin Rowlands an agent? Is he a parasite?

Bare bones.

New Manager: odds on 11:42 - May 30 with 3163 views100percent

New Manager: odds on 11:28 - May 30 by PinnerPaul

Nah Paul, every agent I've ever met is perfectly suited to the role, smarmy, self serving and completely full of themselves.... as for unqualified, well....
New Manager: odds on 12:00 - May 30 with 3060 viewsCamberleyR

New Manager: odds on 11:24 - May 30 by Antti_Heinola

Or clubs could just refuse to pay 'greedy' players/agents. Blaming agents and players for clubs paying more money than they can afford is absurd.
Very glad some players can manage their own careers without agents, but do w really think the majority of footballers, particularly at a young age, are equpped to do that? The narrative here is that clubs are by nature honest, decent and fair in negotiations, while agents are parasitical leeches. Ask yourself who has shaped that narrative and why.

"but do we really think the majority of footballers, particularly at a young age, are equipped to do that? "

The PFA would happily do that job for them I suspect, they are the professional footballers' trade union after all, who are supposed to represent the players' interests.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

New Manager: odds on 12:05 - May 30 with 3024 viewsQPR_Jim

New Manager: odds on 11:24 - May 30 by Antti_Heinola

I agree that they are needed but currently there's no regulation of the industry, so they're seen as able to do whatever they want. It's also a strange model where the club pays for your agent and they can negotiate a fee.

As with anything there's good and bad examples but in this case a good agent goes unnoticed and a bad one ends up in the news, like Kia Joorabchin. So that's how they get a bad reputation in my opinion.
Login to get fewer ads

New Manager: odds on 12:24 - May 30 with 2893 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New Manager: odds on 12:05 - May 30 by QPR_Jim

I agree that they are needed but currently there's no regulation of the industry, so they're seen as able to do whatever they want. It's also a strange model where the club pays for your agent and they can negotiate a fee.

As with anything there's good and bad examples but in this case a good agent goes unnoticed and a bad one ends up in the news, like Kia Joorabchin. So that's how they get a bad reputation in my opinion.

Kia Joorabichan is a great agent for his players.
New Manager: odds on 12:27 - May 30 with 2857 viewsHunterhoop

New Manager: odds on 12:24 - May 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Kia Joorabichan is a great agent for his players.

Not even a licensed, registered agent, is he? Just an “advisor”, I think.
New Manager: odds on 12:32 - May 30 with 2813 viewsDieByYourSide

Poll: And it's hi ho

New Manager: odds on 12:33 - May 30 with 2799 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New Manager: odds on 12:27 - May 30 by Hunterhoop

Not even a licensed, registered agent, is he? Just an “advisor”, I think.

Whatever he is, and however much we resent him, his clients should dedicate a wing to him.
New Manager: odds on 12:50 - May 30 with 2675 viewsCamberleyR

New Manager: odds on 12:32 - May 30 by DieByYourSide

So Blackburn's search seems about as fruitless as ours.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

New Manager: odds on 12:54 - May 30 with 2641 viewsRangersw12

Maybe we should just ring Warburton up and say we've made a massive mistake 🤷‍♂️
New Manager: odds on 12:58 - May 30 with 2579 viewskropotkin41

New Manager: odds on 12:54 - May 30 by Rangersw12

Maybe we should just ring Warburton up and say we've made a massive mistake 🤷‍♂️

I think someone else would then need to fall on their sword.

If the trapdoor does creak open beneath us next season, maybe having a League One experienced manager wouldn't be such a bad thing. This all feels pretty gloomy at the moment. Brace for impact.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

New Manager: odds on 12:59 - May 30 with 2569 viewsBklynRanger

Get Rotovator Robinson in and let's get on with it
New Manager: odds on 13:02 - May 30 with 2537 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Manager: odds on 12:00 - May 30 by CamberleyR

"but do we really think the majority of footballers, particularly at a young age, are equipped to do that? "

The PFA would happily do that job for them I suspect, they are the professional footballers' trade union after all, who are supposed to represent the players' interests.

An oft-heard refrain, probably not been relevant for about 30 years. If the PFA do such a great job, why don't more playters use them? How many people would the PFA have to employ if they did all those dealings for every player on a contract in football (thousands of people, constantly changing clubs)? And why on earth should a player not be able to choose who represents them?
Look, as others have said, clearly there are 'good' agents and 'bad' agents for want of more nuanced terminology, but that could apply to literally every profession on earth. Players have an absolute right to negotiate the best possible deal for themselves, using whoever they like to do it. Clubs LOVE to paint agents as the bad guys - it's an easy get out for them. 'if it wasn't for agents we'd have so much more money in the game' - bullsh!t. Redknapp was *notorious* for this deceit, but his entire transfer strategy was based around agents. Clubs could stand up tomorrow and as a group refuse to pay fees they think are unfair. They won't do it though, because they want to keep the option open. I'd actually also say that the very presence of unscrupulous agents makes it even more important that 'good' agents do exist.

Bare bones.

New Manager: odds on 13:31 - May 30 with 2306 viewsQPR_Jim

New Manager: odds on 12:33 - May 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Whatever he is, and however much we resent him, his clients should dedicate a wing to him.

Perhaps, but my point is that the perception of agents is damaged by characters like him.

Shame Beales been ruled out, would have been interesting.
New Manager: odds on 13:35 - May 30 with 2263 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New Manager: odds on 13:31 - May 30 by QPR_Jim

Perhaps, but my point is that the perception of agents is damaged by characters like him.

Shame Beales been ruled out, would have been interesting.

Absolutely on both points
New Manager: odds on 13:37 - May 30 with 2249 viewsDannyPaddox

Hours, days, weeks of fun!
New Manager: odds on 14:15 - May 30 with 2005 viewsdaveB

New Manager: odds on 12:50 - May 30 by CamberleyR

has our search been fruitless? They've spent a few weeks interviewing people and trying to find the best person for the job. I'd expect them to have a new manager if not this week then early part of next week which is still several weeks before pre season starts.

A lot is made of needing people in place now to get transfers ready but we do have a recruitment team at the club who have surely been working on targets for a while.

I find the general doom and gloom at the moment a bit baffling.
New Manager: odds on 14:21 - May 30 with 1948 viewsPinnerPaul

New Manager: odds on 11:42 - May 30 by Antti_Heinola

Now this may be correct, but that's a different issue.
Also loads of decent, reputable agents about. Isn't Martin Rowlands an agent? Is he a parasite?

Just for the record AH - it wasn't me who called them 'parasites' - as I said above, my observations are based on my experience of dealing with them on a professional basis.
New Manager: odds on 14:25 - May 30 with 1902 viewsaston_hoop

New Manager: odds on 12:50 - May 30 by CamberleyR

Duncan Ferguson is odds-on for the Blackburn job now. I don't think that will end well

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

New Manager: odds on 14:26 - May 30 with 1878 viewsPinnerPaul

New Manager: odds on 13:02 - May 30 by Antti_Heinola

An oft-heard refrain, probably not been relevant for about 30 years. If the PFA do such a great job, why don't more playters use them? How many people would the PFA have to employ if they did all those dealings for every player on a contract in football (thousands of people, constantly changing clubs)? And why on earth should a player not be able to choose who represents them?
Look, as others have said, clearly there are 'good' agents and 'bad' agents for want of more nuanced terminology, but that could apply to literally every profession on earth. Players have an absolute right to negotiate the best possible deal for themselves, using whoever they like to do it. Clubs LOVE to paint agents as the bad guys - it's an easy get out for them. 'if it wasn't for agents we'd have so much more money in the game' - bullsh!t. Redknapp was *notorious* for this deceit, but his entire transfer strategy was based around agents. Clubs could stand up tomorrow and as a group refuse to pay fees they think are unfair. They won't do it though, because they want to keep the option open. I'd actually also say that the very presence of unscrupulous agents makes it even more important that 'good' agents do exist.

Yes agree with most of that.

In Horseracing, Tony McCoy and Richard Johnson, amongst many others put their success, in part, down to the now retired and legendary, in the sport, Dave Roberts who represented loads of jockeys.

Finding and organising rides in a 7 days a week sport like that would be/is impossible for a rider to take on themselves, if they have anything more than a handful of rides a week.
New Manager: odds on 14:58 - May 30 with 1680 viewsqprmarkoct1966

Apparently a deal has been done , announcement due later this week , i would expect Karl Robinson which i would be ok with him , can not give any hp sauce !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024