Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Manager: odds 13:14 - May 3 with 177548 viewsTonto

Manning favourite. Eustace second favourite. Our old friend Timmy turns up again.

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/queens-park-rangers

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

New Manager: odds on 15:00 - May 30 with 4713 viewsTonto

Robinson is now the favourite... not that it means anything as there have been 5 or 6 of them!

New Manager: odds on 15:44 - May 30 with 4423 viewsPinnerPaul

New Manager: odds on 15:00 - May 30 by Tonto

Robinson is now the favourite... not that it means anything as there have been 5 or 6 of them!

Exactly what I was saying pages & pages ago!
New Manager: odds on 16:11 - May 30 with 4275 viewsTonto

New Manager: odds on 15:44 - May 30 by PinnerPaul

Exactly what I was saying pages & pages ago!

probably got lost in all the carp Greek jokes

New Manager: odds on 16:14 - May 30 with 4249 viewsbosh67

If Robinson turns us down will the job be decided via a raffle?
[Post edited 30 May 2022 16:14]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New Manager: odds on 16:37 - May 30 with 4095 viewsjohncharles

I’d be happy with Robinson

Strong and stable my arse.

New Manager: odds on 16:41 - May 30 with 4063 viewsWatfordR

New Manager: odds on 16:37 - May 30 by johncharles

I’d be happy with Robinson

Talking a few weeks ago to one of the other traders on one of my markets who is an Oxford fan, they can't wait to be rid of him, and he was p1ssing himself laughing at the thought that we'd be interested.
New Manager: odds on 16:55 - May 30 with 3941 viewsAntti_Heinola

New Manager: odds on 16:41 - May 30 by WatfordR

Talking a few weeks ago to one of the other traders on one of my markets who is an Oxford fan, they can't wait to be rid of him, and he was p1ssing himself laughing at the thought that we'd be interested.

just texted an oxford mate of my own, and he said the opposite and would be very sad to see him go.
that's the thing about fans, i guess!

Bare bones.

New Manager: odds on 17:08 - May 30 with 3826 viewsWatfordR

New Manager: odds on 16:55 - May 30 by Antti_Heinola

just texted an oxford mate of my own, and he said the opposite and would be very sad to see him go.

Hey ho.

Expectations certainly aren't being set too high for the season, are they? Whereas I couldn't wait to get Season Tickets sorted last year, it's all a bit "meh" for me this year. Though in fairness, there's a ton of other stuff going on here at the moment, maybe I'll be more enthused by the end of the month.
Login to get fewer ads

New Manager: odds on 17:29 - May 30 with 3654 viewsdaveB

New Manager: odds on 16:55 - May 30 by Antti_Heinola

imagine when Warbs gets his next job you will get some QPR fans saying he is great and others saying he is hopeless no plan b etc

I've always liked Robinson, think he's a good fit for us
New Manager: odds on 17:53 - May 30 with 3550 viewsPinnerPaul

New Manager: odds on 17:29 - May 30 by daveB

imagine when Warbs gets his next job you will get some QPR fans saying he is great and others saying he is hopeless no plan b etc

Good 'fit' or not, old/young, ex player or not, its all down to results.

Fan reaction based purely on that - including myself I should add!
New Manager: odds on 17:55 - May 30 with 3538 viewsNorthernr

Just to prove your point, here's the Rangers, Forest and Brentford views when we hired him...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/50304/the-brentfor
New Manager: odds on 18:09 - May 30 with 3432 viewsPinnerPaul

New Manager: odds on 17:55 - May 30 by Northernr

Just to prove your point, here's the Rangers, Forest and Brentford views when we hired him...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/50304/the-brentfor

Also fans being fans, even well informed ones like your writers, the weakness parts are all longer than the strengths!
New Manager: odds on 19:09 - May 30 with 3209 viewslightwaterhoop

The problems Warburton had with Les and Ramsey are now common knowledge,this is sure to put off some ambitious young coaches.Who wants to be told who to sign or who to play and then have to take the blame when it all goes wrong?
New Manager: odds on 19:40 - May 30 with 3049 viewskernowhoop

I cannot help feeling that the club should have had someone in place by now. Surely they would have been working on this as soon as they decided not to renew Mark Warburton's contract... if not before? It makes me feel somewhat uneasy about the outcome.
New Manager: odds on 19:57 - May 30 with 2953 viewsPunteR

Has Warburton got another job yet?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New Manager: odds on 20:08 - May 30 with 2886 viewsLogman

Warburton can afford to wait until the first round of sackings in October. He will get another job easily.

The longer this is going on the more I want it to be Eustace. Anyone new in June and its just going to be a mess getting the squad in place and getting everyone singing from the same hymn sheet.
New Manager: odds on 20:29 - May 30 with 2738 viewsLblock

The grief displayed by some of our fans make me think that when Warbs gets his next job they may get a season ticket at his new club

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

New Manager: odds on 20:42 - May 30 with 2660 viewsHadders

All I know about Robinson is that he looks like James Cordon. Is that a qualification now?
New Manager: odds on 20:48 - May 30 with 2627 viewsted_hendrix

FWIW Confirmation from our local rag today (Oxford Mail).

*KARL Robinson is the new bookies’ favourite for the manager’s job at Queens Park Rangers.

The Oxford United head coach’s odds tumbled over the weekend and he is now evens with Sky Bet.

As things stand, there is no indication a move to the Sky Bet Championship club is in the offing.

Robinson was first installed as a front-runner for the QPR job at the start of May but slipped down the list.

He was also reportedly a target for Hibernian before the Scottish club appointed former Sunderland and Bristol City manager Lee Johnson.

READ MORE: Karl Robinson addresses links with jobs elsewhere

The U’s boss is under contract until 2024 and appeared to brush off rumours of a move when asked about the links last week.

Robinson told the Oxford Mail: “It’s always nice that people talk about you, but I’ve never been motivated by some of the things people think I am.

“I think it’s something you listen to — people will ask questions and speak to me about it consistently.

“That just means you’re doing something right and some people are happy with what you’re doing.”

QPR are looking for a replacement for Mark Warburton, who left at the end of the season after guiding the Loftus Road outfit to an 11th-placed finish.

Aston Villa assistant manager Michael Beale is second favourite behind Robinson at 2/1, with former Denmark striker John Dahl Tomasson third at 6/1.

Gareth Ainsworth and Liam Manning, in charge at United’s Sky Bet League One rivals Wycombe Wanderers and MK Dons respectively, are next at 10/1.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

New Manager: odds on 20:53 - May 30 with 2585 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

New Manager: odds on 19:09 - May 30 by lightwaterhoop

The problems Warburton had with Les and Ramsey are now common knowledge,this is sure to put off some ambitious young coaches.Who wants to be told who to sign or who to play and then have to take the blame when it all goes wrong?

Wasn't the issue the lack of quality youngsters on one side and refusal to play the youngsters on the other?

Don't think anyone has complained about transfers?
[Post edited 30 May 2022 20:55]
New Manager: odds on 21:54 - May 30 with 2273 viewsQPR_John

New Manager: odds on 20:29 - May 30 by Lblock

The grief displayed by some of our fans make me think that when Warbs gets his next job they may get a season ticket at his new club

So true so very true
New Manager: odds on 22:21 - May 30 with 2142 viewsdaveB

New Manager: odds on 19:09 - May 30 by lightwaterhoop

I'm not sure the problems they had was Les & Ramsey telling them who to sign or play it was more Warburton ignoring the academy players even when he had no one else which seemed to cause friction between them. Ultimately none of that really mattered, Warburton would still be manager if results had been better
New Manager: odds on 22:45 - May 30 with 2027 viewsRangersw12

New Manager: odds on 20:29 - May 30 by Lblock

A bit like the people who have been harping back to Warnock for the last 10 years..........
[Post edited 30 May 2022 22:46]
New Manager: odds on 01:02 - May 31 with 1760 viewsMiss_Terraces

New Manager: odds on 22:45 - May 30 by Rangersw12

A bit like the people who have been harping back to Warnock for the last 10 years..........
[Post edited 30 May 2022 22:46]

You're not wrong I have thought it's over the top but Warburton is not anywhere near Warnock*

*The Warnock we had is a far superior Warnock to the 2022 model and that's not just because 2022 is sh!te

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

New Manager: odds on 05:26 - May 31 with 1559 viewsArcticHoop

New Manager: odds on 20:48 - May 30 by ted_hendrix

FWIW Confirmation from our local rag today (Oxford Mail).

*KARL Robinson is the new bookies’ favourite for the manager’s job at Queens Park Rangers.

The Oxford United head coach’s odds tumbled over the weekend and he is now evens with Sky Bet.

As things stand, there is no indication a move to the Sky Bet Championship club is in the offing.

Robinson was first installed as a front-runner for the QPR job at the start of May but slipped down the list.

He was also reportedly a target for Hibernian before the Scottish club appointed former Sunderland and Bristol City manager Lee Johnson.

READ MORE: Karl Robinson addresses links with jobs elsewhere

The U’s boss is under contract until 2024 and appeared to brush off rumours of a move when asked about the links last week.

Robinson told the Oxford Mail: “It’s always nice that people talk about you, but I’ve never been motivated by some of the things people think I am.

“I think it’s something you listen to — people will ask questions and speak to me about it consistently.

“That just means you’re doing something right and some people are happy with what you’re doing.”

QPR are looking for a replacement for Mark Warburton, who left at the end of the season after guiding the Loftus Road outfit to an 11th-placed finish.

Aston Villa assistant manager Michael Beale is second favourite behind Robinson at 2/1, with former Denmark striker John Dahl Tomasson third at 6/1.

Gareth Ainsworth and Liam Manning, in charge at United’s Sky Bet League One rivals Wycombe Wanderers and MK Dons respectively, are next at 10/1.

Beale back to favourite 4/7. Robinson second 3/1 and Tomasson 3rd 6/1.

Looks like Manning is out of running. Dropped to 5th.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024