Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wycombe 09:24 - May 6 with 12349 viewssparkey

Won 2-0 yesterday vs the fake dons. Fairytale what Ainsworth is doing there. Surely we're all rooting for them especially after their unjust relegation last season.
Wycombe on 08:59 - May 7 with 2242 viewsdistortR

Wycombe on 08:40 - May 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but every time I've seen his teams I run under my bed and hide. They have to ring my Mom to talk me out of it.

Have you got a bunk bed, with the bottom bed removed?

Otherwise I'm calling out your post as, our last chief minister pronounced while awarding himself a VERY large covid business payment, 'hyperbowl'.

or

Wycombe on 09:11 - May 7 with 2200 viewsDejR_vu

Wycombe on 09:56 - May 6 by Blue_Castello

Yeah he was available getting loads of good press at Swindon, when he became available I assumed he would go to a Championship team not the plastic Dons , totally missed the boat not for the first time, sods law he's now out of our price range.

Not Sod’s law, more a failing of recruitment. For a club supposedly implementing a philosophy of developing youth, buying low, selling high, we should be all over lower league players like that. If a supporter can see it why can’t the so called football experts at the club? We can’t just keep pointing to Eze, without repeating it, otherwise it looks suspiciously like we just lucked out. Maybe Charlie Owens will come good.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Wycombe on 09:14 - May 7 with 2192 viewsdmm

I really do think the style of play is important and believe a majority of Rs fans do too. Our best and most successful teams in the past have played a certain way that has set the standard for QPR. I'd be very disappointed to see that change.

Ainsworth has performed superbly at Wycombe and I hope they gain promotion. However, I would not want their style of football at QPR.

We've never been, nor are likely to be, a club that wins lots of competitions so we need other things that keep us in love with this club. For me, one of those things is the way we play or at least try and play football. It doesn't always happen, of course, and during those times fans are at their most restive showing what we might call 'good football' is what, as QPR supporters, we expect.
Wycombe on 09:28 - May 7 with 2154 viewsDamo1962

Wycombe on 09:41 - May 6 by daveB

He won't get the QPR job as style of play is an issue but the man knows how to win football matches, we could do a lot worse

Don't care about his "style of football".He is.a Ranger, and wouldn't have put up with the gutless capitulation we have just witnessed.We need to learn how to win again.... if we want to avoid a relegation scrap next season. But you are right, that he won't be considered by our esteemed DOF.
Wycombe on 09:32 - May 7 with 2155 viewsAntti_Heinola

He's been considered before, even interviewed last time I believe, so that's a nonsense.
Sadly, there are fans on here that would have Wild Thing for breakfast within 6 months (Shite Thing, I suspect, would be his hilarious nickname) and for that reason alone I don't want him at Rangers. Love him too much.

Bare bones.

Wycombe on 10:12 - May 7 with 2108 viewsR_from_afar

Wycombe on 09:32 - May 7 by Antti_Heinola

He's been considered before, even interviewed last time I believe, so that's a nonsense.
Sadly, there are fans on here that would have Wild Thing for breakfast within 6 months (Shite Thing, I suspect, would be his hilarious nickname) and for that reason alone I don't want him at Rangers. Love him too much.

"Sadly, there are fans on here that would have Wild Thing for breakfast within 6 months (Shite Thing, I suspect, would be his hilarious nickname)".

That has long been my worry too. Unless we went on an incredible winning run with him, it wouldn't be long before the purists and less reasonable fans would start accusing him of being one dimensional, lacking experience at this level and having old-fashioned methods

I have watched a lot of Wycombe games since Gareth has been their manager and I don't mind his style at all. It's pragmatic but it isn't hoofball plus there isn't the endless, and often pointless and quite risky, passing between centre backs positioned just outside their own box.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Wycombe on 20:45 - May 7 with 1954 views00calben

Wycombe on 09:28 - May 7 by Damo1962

Don't care about his "style of football".He is.a Ranger, and wouldn't have put up with the gutless capitulation we have just witnessed.We need to learn how to win again.... if we want to avoid a relegation scrap next season. But you are right, that he won't be considered by our esteemed DOF.

Edit - replied to wrong one
[Post edited 7 May 2022 20:46]
Wycombe on 20:46 - May 7 with 1947 views00calben

Wycombe on 09:32 - May 7 by Antti_Heinola

This
Login to get fewer ads

Wycombe on 18:49 - May 8 with 1738 viewsjoolsyp

2nd leg just started. MK Dons have started very brightly, playing some very nice football, lots of movement off the ball. Liking the look of young Canadian Corbeanu on loan from Wolves and their tall Centre-back Darling (?). Twine looks the sort of player who will always make something happen. Liam Manning looking very much like Eddie Howe on the sidelines.
Wycombe on 18:59 - May 8 with 1702 viewsjoolsyp

Troy Parrott scores to make it 1-2 on aggregate.

WW look very agricultural. Running the lines and using Vokes as the target man. MK Dons much the better side.
[Post edited 8 May 2022 19:00]
Wycombe on 19:04 - May 8 with 1680 viewsDieByYourSide

Josh Scowen playing like a headless chicken here. Twine looks an absolute dream of a player, would be the perfect replacement if we lost Chair/Willock.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Wycombe on 19:08 - May 8 with 1670 viewsDannyPaddox

Has an early round play off game ever had such contrasting stakes? Winning manager gets a day out at Wembley and a shot at promotion. Losing manager gets the QPR job.
Wycombe on 19:09 - May 8 with 1663 viewsjoolsyp

Wycombe on 19:04 - May 8 by DieByYourSide

Josh Scowen playing like a headless chicken here. Twine looks an absolute dream of a player, would be the perfect replacement if we lost Chair/Willock.

His set-pieces alone are everything we’ve dreamed about.
Wycombe on 19:12 - May 8 with 1648 viewsdmm

Wycombe on 18:49 - May 8 by joolsyp

2nd leg just started. MK Dons have started very brightly, playing some very nice football, lots of movement off the ball. Liking the look of young Canadian Corbeanu on loan from Wolves and their tall Centre-back Darling (?). Twine looks the sort of player who will always make something happen. Liam Manning looking very much like Eddie Howe on the sidelines.

If Manning does come to us, about which I have a number of reservations, perhaps he could bring Twine with him, about which I'd have absolutely no reservations.
Wycombe on 19:14 - May 8 with 1646 viewsjoolsyp

Wycombe on 19:12 - May 8 by dmm

If Manning does come to us, about which I have a number of reservations, perhaps he could bring Twine with him, about which I'd have absolutely no reservations.

What are your reservations with Manning DMM?
Wycombe on 19:16 - May 8 with 1636 viewsDWQPR

Wycombe on 19:04 - May 8 by DieByYourSide

They got Twine on a free from Swindon when his contract ran out. Type of player we should have taken the chance on as he had a good scoring record with Swindon and this season has done really well for MK. And to watch his body shape when taking free kicks you can see how he gets the swerve and dip on the ball. I suspect that price wise he is now out of our league. Frustrating when we could have got him for nothing.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Wycombe on 19:35 - May 8 with 1582 viewsdmm

Wycombe on 19:14 - May 8 by joolsyp

What are your reservations with Manning DMM?

Mainly that he's a rookie. He's a couple of years managing youth teams, one year at a 2nd tier club Belgium club and one year at MK Dons. For me, that's simply not enough experience to manage at Championship level.
Wycombe on 19:39 - May 8 with 1565 viewsdmm

Wycombe on 19:16 - May 8 by DWQPR

They got Twine on a free from Swindon when his contract ran out. Type of player we should have taken the chance on as he had a good scoring record with Swindon and this season has done really well for MK. And to watch his body shape when taking free kicks you can see how he gets the swerve and dip on the ball. I suspect that price wise he is now out of our league. Frustrating when we could have got him for nothing.

And we were linked with Twine last summer. Someone at QPR must have said no. Big mistake.
Wycombe on 19:47 - May 8 with 1547 viewsNed_Kennedys

Wycombe on 19:35 - May 8 by dmm

Mainly that he's a rookie. He's a couple of years managing youth teams, one year at a 2nd tier club Belgium club and one year at MK Dons. For me, that's simply not enough experience to manage at Championship level.

He’s 2 games away from being a Championship manager.
Would have him all day over Eustace etc.
Wycombe on 19:49 - May 8 with 1533 viewsjoolsyp

Wycombe on 19:35 - May 8 by dmm

Fair point. But perhaps that’s the market we have to be in in now? I’d much prefer him to some of the names we’ve been linked with this far.
Wycombe on 19:56 - May 8 with 1498 viewsdmm

Manning's position at MKD is head coach and not manager which obviously takes some responsibilities off his shoulders. If that was the same at QPR it might help and with Ferdinand DoF we're set up to work like that.

What is in his favour for us is his style of football is very similar to Warburton's which would make for an easier transition than say someone like Gareth Ainsworth.
Wycombe on 20:01 - May 8 with 1475 viewsDWQPR

Wycombe on 19:12 - May 8 by dmm

Manning took over from another inexperienced manager in Russell Martin who is now boring the championship retaining the ball in the Swansealona back four. Manning has got the Dons playing some very good football that you don’t often see in League One. They have scored around 80 goals this season and he will no doubt have a good idea on a few good league one players that may not be on our radar at this time.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Wycombe on 20:11 - May 8 with 1432 viewsjoolsyp

Wycombe on 19:56 - May 8 by dmm

Manning's position at MKD is head coach and not manager which obviously takes some responsibilities off his shoulders. If that was the same at QPR it might help and with Ferdinand DoF we're set up to work like that.

What is in his favour for us is his style of football is very similar to Warburton's which would make for an easier transition than say someone like Gareth Ainsworth.

Agreed - really impressed with MKD’s passing game and attacking intent. They do pass out at the back but I don’t see much evidence of the kind of piss-balling around that we’ve seen under Warbs the last couple of months. It helps that they have some quality Prem loans from Wolves and West Ham.

Wycombe have been dreadful really (but they’re still leading on aggregate). I know Gaz has a limited budget but I couldn’t watch that week in week out. I want him to remain a legend as a player for us.
Wycombe on 20:20 - May 8 with 1402 viewsjoolsyp

Stewart for WW has been excellent at the back. Weren’t we interested in him a few years back?
Wycombe on 20:30 - May 8 with 1359 viewsMedwayR

Harry Darling, the CB for MK Dons, also looks a decent player.

MK Dons play good football but ultimately they have a loanee from Spurs, another from Wolves, probably gave Twine bigger wages than we would've but despite the outlay have failed to even get to the play-off final.

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024