Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Two Starting CBs 07:12 - Jul 23 with 3115 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Don’t think it’s been mentioned, but I think Clarke-Salter has started every preseason game next to Dickie.

If you would have told me a month ago we wouldn’t be starting Dunne, I would have been shocked. Yet, it appears that way. Is anyone else surprised by this?
Our Two Starting CBs on 07:47 - Jul 23 with 2986 viewsTonto

I think you may be reading too much into it. Wait until the last friendly and then see.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Our Two Starting CBs on 07:49 - Jul 23 with 2977 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Well if I’m honest, the team sheets for the friendlies have somewhat given that away as has JD coming on with the second string at halftime.

Assuming we stick with a back four, then JCS had better be good. Of what I’ve seen of JD, he has a presence about him and I’m sure I’ve read on here someone refer to him having McDonaldesque qualities. Not sure JCS or RD have that.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Our Two Starting CBs on 08:15 - Jul 23 with 2883 viewsBazzeR

I expect Jimmy Dunne to regain and keep his place when injuries/suspensions kick in.
Our Two Starting CBs on 08:59 - Jul 23 with 2776 viewsthompsonridd

I wonder how Dunne would be at right back?

The current option doesn't inspire me!!
Our Two Starting CBs on 09:00 - Jul 23 with 2774 viewsHoopstar

I do get why he's picking JCS - his guy, left footed, probably a better passer of the ball than Dunne coming out the back.

One of the areas I think we're still lacking in is the classic Championship nasty b*****d role - one of the suspicions I have of the team is it is just going to be too nice - and we will need people like Dunne coming in who, generally, are up for the fight and darker side of the game

Chair, Willock, Richards, Amos, Dozzell, Dickie, what we've seen of Paal - none of these are/seem to be take the game by the scruff of the neck or just get nasty types and while there can be a bit of steel in Dykes, Field and Johansen they're either warm and cold (Dykes) or only part time gits (Field) and feeling the effects of age (Johansen.)

Got a feeling we're going to have a lot of classic QPR games and play some lovely football and get done by the PNEs, Blackburns of the league just being more physical and nasty. This is one of the key reasons I think we need Dunne in the team - he is the best we have at taking that fight on, just like Macca.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2022 9:13]
Our Two Starting CBs on 09:11 - Jul 23 with 2721 viewsstevec

Agree. Suspect we will be vulnerable to a roughing up.
Our Two Starting CBs on 09:11 - Jul 23 with 2723 viewsRangersw12

Thought Dunne was at fault for a lot of goals last season but due to him being a fans favourite he gets away with it

Dickie is a better ball player and Clarke-Salter is Beale's first signing so makes sense both of them start he season

Dunne will still get plenty of games as he's clealry a decent player but does need to improve on his distribution
Our Two Starting CBs on 09:17 - Jul 23 with 2670 viewsHoopstar

It is a fair criticism of Dunne - he did develop that odd tic Clive brings up frequently of completely air kicking in a dangerous area that gives the opposition a goal...and that penalty in the home debacle vs Peterborough still gives me shudders. It was like watching a 17 yo old academy reserve that day. Same with the rest of them to be fair.

I do love him though and think we're going to need that steel. Love Dickie too but he isn't going to berate a midfielder for being muscled off the ball too easily and giving up the chase.
Login to get fewer ads

Our Two Starting CBs on 09:58 - Jul 23 with 2508 viewstoboboly

Noticed that too, Dunne should be starting, no ifs, no buts.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Our Two Starting CBs on 10:22 - Jul 23 with 2433 viewseastside_r

But JCS is the new manager’s boy long time since.

If we do indeed mostly go back to a 4, then Dunne looks like he will be missing out. Shame, really like him even given his poor end to last season (but that was true for most of the rest of the team!)
Our Two Starting CBs on 10:29 - Jul 23 with 2410 viewsstevec

Our Two Starting CBs on 09:17 - Jul 23 by Hoopstar

It is a fair criticism of Dunne - he did develop that odd tic Clive brings up frequently of completely air kicking in a dangerous area that gives the opposition a goal...and that penalty in the home debacle vs Peterborough still gives me shudders. It was like watching a 17 yo old academy reserve that day. Same with the rest of them to be fair.

I do love him though and think we're going to need that steel. Love Dickie too but he isn't going to berate a midfielder for being muscled off the ball too easily and giving up the chase.

Dunne is an old school CB, Warburton was wrong to push him out wide, Peterborough away in the cup was the start of our demise, completely senseless to put him back there again but he did.

Reckon we’ll be struggling against the diagonal between centre back and full back that we’d finally got rid of 18 months ago and a fair few CFs could overpower down the middle.

Maybe it’ll be a policy of if you score we’ll score more, not convinced about that.
Our Two Starting CBs on 12:03 - Jul 23 with 2188 viewskernowhoop

Our Two Starting CBs on 10:29 - Jul 23 by stevec

Dunne is an old school CB, Warburton was wrong to push him out wide, Peterborough away in the cup was the start of our demise, completely senseless to put him back there again but he did.

Reckon we’ll be struggling against the diagonal between centre back and full back that we’d finally got rid of 18 months ago and a fair few CFs could overpower down the middle.

Maybe it’ll be a policy of if you score we’ll score more, not convinced about that.

But, if it works, it means entertainment AND points.
Our Two Starting CBs on 12:39 - Jul 23 with 2081 viewsdmm

I'm fascinated to see how our defensive structure works this season. Beale is adopting a very attacking 433 formation with very high fullbacks, the central CM deep and two alongside him pushing up.

As mentioned, the space behind the fullbacks could be our weakness but if the ball into those spaces can be stopped before it's played we won't have a problem. Field on the left should be good at that given his excellent defensive abilities. Let's hope Amos or Dozzell on the other side can be equally good.
Our Two Starting CBs on 14:10 - Jul 23 with 1932 viewsPinnerPaul

Seeing him on Weds I fully expect him to start v Blackburn - I was very impressed.
Our Two Starting CBs on 22:30 - Jul 23 with 1662 viewsMyke

It looks like Kakay,Dickie, Salter and Paal, will be our starting back four versus Blackburn, even if McNamara comes in this week. I think Dunne will get significant game time this season, but if he is to force his way into the starting 11, it will be at Dickie's expense. I don't think Dunne is a Beale 'type' player as he is a more traditional 'head it', 'kick it', 'clear it' kind of CB rather than Dickie who is a more ball-playing centre back.

On a slightly different note, a concern for me is that the addition of Salter and Paal doesn't seem to have addressed our lack of pace at the back. As long as this persists we are either vulnerable to quick counters or we will be forced to sit deeper than we would like. You can talk about 'controlling the space' all you like, but if the oppos attackers are quicker than your defenders, you are always going to struggle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024